CHAPTER 07

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 07

QIAN

 You can already feel the holiday spirit in the air and the colours red and green are everywhere warming up the cold December weather here in Seoul. Our friends were shocked rather bewildered about Taec’s engagement to my best friend; we haven’t had the chance to introduce Tiffany to Soeun and the others because she’s needed back in LA but she promise to try to come back so she can formally meet the others. Talks about the engagement are already in motion but Taec and Tiffany asked their parents if they can change date until we all graduated from school, Taec’s parents and Uncle JooHoon were hesitant at first but they eventually agreed to push back the date.

The one on one talk I had with Nichkhun during Chun’s birthday made all the gossip at school bearable but I know his fan girls will be more enraged because as we got back to school Nichkhun and I fell back to our usual routine and our friends are all happy and giddy because of it. Some fan girls back off but there are still some who are very insistent who were still trying but they never get pass Soeun and Jieun who were always beside me at school plus the guys were very protective acting like my bodyguards every second they can.

“I see your friends already made a habit to send you home everyday” Chun said when I entered his unit, he and Donghae were watching CNN. “Aren’t they asking you why you’re always here?”

“She said were staying here for the mean time because of some problem about the piping in the building.”

“Are you sure you don’t want them to know where you actually live?”Chun.

“Am I annoying you already for staying too much?” I ask him and I get a pillow thrown at me in reply. “So are you going to China for the holiday? I heard Yi Fan and his friends are going to be there.”

“Mom and Dad want us to come home for the holidays but I doubt if Yi Fan can spend both Christmas and New Year with us because of his schedule.”

“I’m sure you guys can make it work”

 

NICHKHUN

“It’s a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Horvejkul, my father would be please to hear about the progress in the project” it’s the day before Christmas and I just finished a business meeting with one of our foreign partner.

“Are you sure you don’t want to have lunch first before you go?” I ask.

“Thank you for your kind offer but I have somewhere I need to be right now” he said.

“Well then I won’t keep you from your date, thank you so much Mr. Shim” I said shaking hands before he goes in the car.

“Max Hyung!” someone called and then four young boys suddenly appeared from nowhere and hugs Mr. Shim in front of me, they were followed by eight more others who came out from the next van. I expect him to get mad or reprimand the young lads but instead a soft and smiling face of Mr. Shim greeted them.

“Xiǎoxīn” meaning careful in Chinese, I’m not fluent with the language but I can understand some words.

“Duìbùqǐ gégé” the boys all said in unison, “Xiànzài, nǐ de nánshēng shuō duìbùqǐ Horvejkul xiānshēng” I couldn’t understand the last part but it seems like he’s ordering the boys to apologize.

“Duìbùqǐ” they all said bowing in front of me, their eyes widen after seeing me.

“Nichkhun hyung” the tallest guy with blonde hair greeted. Kris!

“You’re Chun’s younger brother?” I ask for confirmation.

“Yes! It’s nice to meet you again, you remember my friends Lu Han, Lay and Tao.”

“Yes, it’s nice to see you guys again.”

“Yi Fan I think you and your friends should go inside already before you attract more attention” Mr. Shim said and before I knew it, Mr. Shim and I were back inside the restaurant seating beside the famous boy group EXO.

“Mr. Horvejkul, I’m very sorry if the boys forced you to eat lunch with us, I can back you up if you are needed to be somewhere else.”

“Please call me Nichkhun” I said.

“Changmin” he said smiling, the Mr. Shim in front of me right now is very different from the one I use to talk business with earlier, and I wonder how he knew these kids. It’s very chaotic to be with 12 young boys saying what they want at the same time, after placing their orders Kris introduced me since Mr. Shim, I mean Max seems to know them already.

“Hello, we are EXO!” all twelve of them said in unison and Changmin couldn’t suppress his laughter after the boys introduced themselves.

“Sorry, it’s just I’m not used to see you guys do that in person” he said apologising.

“Hyung, since Thomas is still with you, it’s safe to assume that my brother still doesn’t know you’re in the country?” Kris asks and Changmin just smile, I got confused there for a second so Tao tried to explain the situation.

“Max hyung is Chun ge’s friend, aside from Fany jie jie he’s Tori jie jie’s best friend” then the conversation I overheard that night replay inside my head.

“Qian, everything will end soon. You and Lei are the last parts of this entire game don’t give up now. Max made me promise to remind you that if you still want to end all of this now, we can and we will.”

 

--------------------*-*-*-*-*--------------------

Watching reruns of Khuntoria episode inspired me more to write again and I'd like to say sorry for the very late update, I'll try to write more often, thank you guys so much for patiently waiting especially the subscribers of the story! By the way, the Chinese parts are from google translate so it's not accurate :)

I know it's late already but I'd like to greet everyone a Happy and Wonderful New Year!