CHAPTER 11 - The First Brother

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 11

The First Brother

 

NICHKHUN

"I understand" I decided to close the gap between us, my heart is pounding so fast "I don't think I made it clearly the last time we talk" I leveled my face with hers "I like you Victoria Lee, I don't how, I don't know why or when but I like you and I don't want to bottle up my feelings anymore. I like you and I'm willing to wait for you until you're ready. You're my special someone and I hope someday I can be that special someone in your life too" I'm holding my breath waiting for her answer.

"You don't need to, you're already special to me" I should be happy, ecstatic of what I'm hearing right now but I couldn't because I know she's going to say something next. "believe me you are very special but... there are some things in my life right now I want to take care of first."

"I understand but I want you to know that I'm serious about I said" I look straight into her eyes hoping she can feel my sincerity. "I have never felt like this before for anyone in my entire life, you have slowly made your mark in my heart without me even realizing it. I want you to know that no matter what happens I am here for you, I love you Victoria Lee and I am willing to wait for you until you are ready."

 

QIAN

 "I have never felt like this before for anyone in my entire life, you have slowly made your mark in my heart without me even realizing it. I want you to know that no matter what happens I am here for you, I love you Victoria Lee and I am willing to wait for you until you are ready."

I was utterly speechless.

"You don't have to say anything just let me keep my feeling for you" I thought I couldn't be more surprise because of his unexpected confession but I was wrong, then I found myself crushed in his embrace."Just let me please stay by your side."

I felt safe in Nichkhun's arms and I'm afraid because of that but before I could think of anything else the unit apartment door swung open and Max was standing in front of us smiling like an idiot.

 

NICHKHUN

"Victoria... Nichkhun" Changmin said when he opened the door, I reluctantly let go of Victoria.

"Hey Max is that..." a guy appeared behind Changmin. "Ow, I didn't know you have visitor..." I immediately recognized the guy standing beside Victoria's bestfriend.

"Mr. Song" I automatically greet him. 

"Mr. Horvejkul" he said extending his hand for a handshake. Heechul Song, second son of the powerful and influential Song family. A well respected businessman-restaurateur, I have met him in several occasions in parties and events his family hosted but never had the chance to do business with him personally. I felt Victoria tensed beside me as I shake Heechul's hand.

"Hi Vic" Heechul greeted her, she just nodded.

"You two know each other?" Changmin asks looking at me and Heechul.

"Business partners" he said. "Speaking of which, I heard from your dad that you're doing business with the Horvejkul's?" Changmin and I nodded.

"Uh... Victoria I'll go ahead" I said.

"Nichkhun wait" Changmin stopped me. "Hyung is it okay if I invite Vic and her friends to your restaurant's opening tonight?" Changmin said with a hint of mischivousness.

"Sure just call my secretary so she can reserve a table for you guys. Changmin, do you mind getting my jacket, I want to pick up Siwon from the hospital, I'm sure he'll want to come tonight" he said smiling. 

"Thank you for the invitation Mr. Song but..."

"Please call me Heechul, you are a friend of Max and Vic afterall then he turn to Victoria and Changmin. "You two, I want to see you there tonight and Max... Ma and Pa wants to see you and Teukie hyung wants to talk to you about something."

"I can't wait!" Changmin answers enthusiastically. "Hyung you got to cook for us, I really miss your cooking!"

"Alright.. alright" Heechul said trying to calm down a very hyper Changmin, I can't believe he's that kickass serious poker businessman I first talk to last week, he's like a kid when talking to people when not in suit. "

"Max... what is he doing here?" Victoria ask when Heechul left, Changmin invited me stay for a while and have coffee and I gladly accepted the invitation.

"Nothing, just dropping by" he said and went straight to the kitchen.

 

"Hey Nichkhun, have you met the Song brothers?" Changmin suddenly asks me.

"I've seen the family during parties and events but I never knew them on a personal level."

"I see but do you know the rumors about the family?"

"What rumors?" Victoria asks while coming down from the stairs.

"I was just asking Nichkhun if he knows about the rumors in Heechul hyungs family" I saw her glared at Changmin.

"You should work as a gossip columnist" she retorted.

"So Nichkhun, have you?"

"Uhm... I've heard stories about the family but I never paid much attention."

"Want to hear it?"