CHAPTER 10

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 10

 

QIAN

I spent all my waking hours with Max, Lei accompanied Chun to fly back to China for a few days before New Year.

"So what do you want to do today lazy head?" Max jumps on the bed beside me.

"Go away, can't you see I'm trying to sleep here?" I threw him a pillow but he easily dodge it. Last night, the two of us talked with Tiffany through videocall until the wee hours of the night, mostly catching up with stories but more of the two of team team up against me and teasing about Nichkhun.

"Get up now or I'm letting your friends up so they can wake you up themselves!" my eyes shot open and got up, woah! Headrush.

"Easy there, don't worry I love you too much to let them see this gruesome side of you" he ruffles my hair and ran out of the room.

Twenty minutes after with lightly damp hair, I made my way down and found my friends sitting on the living room.

Soeun and Jieun were browsing on some magazines while the boys were busy chatting with Max, Nichkhun greeted me first, I smile and wave back.

"We've been calling you for days and you weren't picking up, we we're getting worried" Soeun said when I slid down between her and Jieun, I gave them a quick hug. "Then we thought you might be staying here at Chun's" I realized that I haven't been checking my phone ever since Max arrived.

"Sorry I've been busy looking after someone" I said.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I suddenly burst into fist of laughter when I heard Jieun's question, I can tell through her voice she's hesitant to ask the question, the others were also staring at me like Ialready lost my mind.

"Don't worry about her, she couldn't get crazier than she already is" I heard Max said and threw him whatever I could grasp next to me, good thing it was I pillow. "See?"

 

Max treat us for brunch in the restaurant downstairs, I made sure Chansung ordered more than enough for himself to add more zero's on our bill though I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for big shot CEO like Max.

"We'll I'll leave Qi... I mean Victoria with you today" my eyes widen in surprised and curse my bestfriend a million times inside my head. "I still have a last minute ahopping to make and the gifts are needed to be ship off to LA to make it before New Year" liar, I told myself. I know he's already finished with his year end shopping even before his flight here last week.

"Oh my gosh!" Soeun stand up from her seat. "Junho, we still haven't got them gifts!" I look at Jieun.

"It's their parents wedding anniversary and they always get them gifts together yearly" I just nodded when Taec explained to me, sometimes if I really don't know the two of them, I would think they're together.

By the time we finished eating, Taecyeon left to catch his flight to LA, his family is spending the rest of the  holidays with Tiffany and his dad; Chansung followed because he needed to supervise one of their malls operation because of the massive number of shoppers wanting to finish their last minute shopping which left the four of us - Wooyoung, Jieun, Nichkhun and me.

We decided to roam around the area, Nickhun and I were walking behind Jieun and Wooyoung and then suddenly the two magically disappeared from the crowd. Nichkhun called Wooyoung and he said Jieun's mom asks then to run an errand for her.

"Looks like it's just the two of us now, do you want to go back now?" he asks after ending the call with Wooyoung.

"No it's okay, Max's out doing his last minute shopping anyways" I said and besides I feel that I've avoided him too long, we're friends first and I don't want to get in between us this uncertainties I'm feeling right now.

The two of us decided to watch the latest X Men movie after that we had a quick lunch and started walking back to the house.

"Thanks for today" I said, we're standing in front of Chun's unit.

"Just happy to spend the day with you" I rub the back of ny neck and avoided his eyes.

"I know you're avoiding me since the parking lot incident I was expecting worse actually, I even thought you're not going to speak to me again after I pull that stunt with you."

"Nickhun..."

"Then I realize being your friend is more important so if... if pushing through with my feelings for you will make you uncomfortable around me then I'd rather be your friend."

"I... I'm sorry for avoiding you, I'm just busy especially Max is in town but I promise you no matter what happens we will always be friends. I just have a lot on my plate as of the moment."

"I understand" slowly he close the gap between us "i don't think I made it clearly the last time we talk" he level his face with mine "I like you Victoria Lee, I don't how, I don't know why or when but I like you and I don't want to bottle up my feelings anymore. I like you and I'm willing to wait for you until you're ready. You're my special someone and I hope someday I can be that special someone in your life too."

"You don't need to, you're already special to me."