CHAPTER 01

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 01

NICHKHUN

I was in the middle of a meeting when my dad’s secretary came in and said that I have an important call from Taec, I excuse myself and took the call from my office.

“Hello Taec, I’m sorry I can’t stay long I’m in the middle of a meeting” I said as soon as I pick up the phone.

“Khun, there was an accident” he said. “Jieun was shot during an attempted kidnapping this evening; Victoria’s waiting for us at Seoul Medical right now.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m just around the corner from your office; I’ll wait for you in front.”

 

QIAN

Seoul Medical Center

‘SLAP!’

“What are you thinking bringing Jieun with you in that kind of place and to top it all you didn’t even think to bring security with you!” Nichkhun bellowed at me in anger after slapping me. Taecyeon was instantly at his side ready to restrain his friend; he asks him to back off and calm down because it won’t help the situation but Nichkhun didn’t care and started shouting again. “You want me to calm down? Jieun is inside while the doctors are trying to get a damn bullet out of her because of this girl’s carelessness and you want me to calm down?”

“I didn’t know she’s not suppose to go out without security” my voice almost inaudible.

“You don’t know? Of course you didn’t know” he said with sarcasm. “You’re just someone we met a few months ago and decided to tag along with us. How can we be sure you did not put on the hit to kidnap Jieun in exchange for money?” I know the two of us don’t get along well but I never thought he hated me this much to accuse me of planning this ruse to kidnap and extort money. I can’t break down right now, I need to be strong at least until I know Jieun’s safe.

One of the doctors came out and was asking for the patient’s relatives.

 “We’re friends of the patient, her parents are out of the country but they were already informed and already on a plane back to Seoul as we speak” Nichkhun answered. “How is our friend?”

“Don’t worry, she’s safe now. We manage to remove the bullet, no major organ was hit so there wasn’t any problem during the operation” we all breathe a heavy sigh of relief. After hearing that Jieun’s safe, my vision started to blur and I can feel my body numb, everything around me started to go in circles and then everything when dark.

When I open my eyes I saw Taecyeon and Nichkhun sleeping sitting on the couch sleeping. I try to sit down but pain rush through my entire body making me curse in pain.

‘’

“Hey don’t try to move, the doctors said you’re badly beaten up. What were you thinking waiting outside the OR and not getting yourself treated first” Taec.

“How is Jieun?” I ask.

“She’s okay now, the doctors said she can be discharge tomorrow” he said.

“That’s great, where is she? I want to see her.”

“She’s on the other room resting” I tried to sit but Taec hold on to my shoulders and pin me down to the bed. “Will you just stay still and don’t try to get up, the doctors said you shouldn’t make unnecessary movement or your wound might open again.”

I can see Nichkhun watching us from behind, our eyes met looking straight to each other’s eyes while Taec was ranting about how I could have died because I lost too much blood. I was the first one to look away remembering the incident between us last night.

“Vic… Victoria” I heard Taec calling my name.

“I’m sorry, you were saying?”

“I was asking you who should we call or contact to inform them about you, we couldn’t find your phone, you probably lost it during the struggle.”

“My brother is in China right now accompanying a friend, he should be back today” I said, I feel guilty keeping the two to look after me, seeing them in the same clothes they are in last night the two obviously haven’t gone home yet, they must be really tired and exhausted. “You two should go home and rest.”

“That’s okay, we can accompany you until you brother get’s here. I didn’t know you have a brother?”

“Yeah, didn’t I mention it before?”

“No”

“Must have forgotten to mention, sorry” then Taec face turned all serious.

“We talked to Jieun this morning; she was really worried about you. She told us that she forced you to come with her, she said she told you that if you’re not coming with her she would have gone alone anyway.”

“I should have convinced her to stay at home or go somewhere else.”

“It doesn’t matter, there would have been an attempt weather she left the house or not” Nichkhun said standing up.

“I should go check on Jieun, she would be very happy to know you’re already awake” Taec said and left, the room was filled with awkward silence.

“I’m sorry” he said, I look at him in surprise. “I’m sorry for what I did last night, I know I step out of the line, I even hurt you and accuse you of something so foolish.”

“I understand, you’re worried about her.”

“She said you fought the guys who tried to abduct her” he said, this is the longest conversation we ever had since we met each other. Our conversation was cut short when my brother barges in the room rushing beside and hugging me making me flinch in pain.

“Do not scare me like that ever again you understand?” he said still hugging me.

“Donghae, she’ll be dead by the time you let go of her” Chun said sitting on the end of my bed, I smile at my brother’s best friend. My brother finally let go of me and look at Nichkhun who is quietly standing beside the other side of my bed.

“Nichkhun I’d like you to meet my brother Lee Donghae and his best friend Wu Chun, this is my friend Nichkhun Horvejkul.”