A Double Date?

Trouble Maker

9~

*Author's Note:  WAIT!!! Before you read any further, please click the previous button to check out the chapter before this one because I just did an double update. ^.^ thank you. please enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa hyung. What’s going on? Why so dressed up?” Sung-Yeol furrowed his eyebrows. “Am I missing something?”  Sung-Kyu had just walked out of his room with a simple yet y look. A white polo tee, covered up with a baby blue button-up short sleeved shirt, paired with caramelized skinny jeans along with some white converse. He looked amazing in many ways even if it’s just a simple look.

“Gyuie has a date~ Gyuie has a date~” Ho-Won along with Dong-Woo playfully sang together once they passed by to the living room. Woo-Hyun chuckled. “You serious? A date? Ahaha don’t make me laugh. Sung-Kyu never gets dates. Only me.” He bragged.

Ho-Won looked at them as his brows furrowed together. “Hey I too get dates. You’re not the only one.” He huffed as he snatched the bag of chips from Myung-Soo, whom snatched it back and push Ho-Won away from him.

Woo-Hyun waved his hand at Ho-Won, like he doesn’t care about Ho-Won at the moment. “Yeah whatever but seriously it’s like in a million years that you’ve never been asked out before or better yet never asked anybody out.” Sung-Kyu rolled his eyes at Woo-Hyun’s ignorant remark.

“Whatever guys. I’m leaving. Sung-Yeol you’re in charge now.” Sung-Jong’s head shot up from behind the couch once Sung-Kyu announced who was in charge. Sung-Jong pouted and said, “Hyung~ why is Sung-Yeol in charge? I should be in charge not him.”

“Bye~” Sung-Kyu ignored Sung-Jong’s comment and walked out of the door ready for his date. Sung-Jong grunted in annoyance.

“How rude.”

Sung-Yeol shook his head at him. “Tsk this punk. That’s why he always chose you to be in charge because he doesn’t want to hear you complain and pout. Now deal with it, you brat.” Irritated, Sung-Jong grabbed the green circular pillow from the couch and successfully threw the pillow at Sung-Yeol’s face.

“YAH YOU BRAT!!!” Sung-Yeol yelled.

Sung-Jong childishly stuck out his tongue at him. “Mehrong~” Sung-Jong ran to his room with Sung-Yeol catching up right behind him. Sung-Yeol caught him and placed him under head lock. Sung-Jong whined and slapped Sung-Yeol’s back, making Sung-Yeol yelp in pain as he released Sung-Jong from the head lock.

“Yah!! Agioo my back. Yah, Myung-Soo-ah rub my back for me.” Sung-Yeol exclaimed in exhaustion after fighting with Sung-Jong. Myung-Soo scoffed and crossed his arms.

“Yeah I rather die than do that. . . I’m going out.” Before anybody could say anything, Myung-Soo walked out of the house with his jacket and wallet.

“Tsk, so much for being in charge.” Dong-Woo mumbled aloud. Sung-Yeol glared at the back of Dong-Woo’s head and walked over to sit next to him. He took the remote and switched the TV off. Dong-Woo grunted. “Hey, why’d you do that for?”

Sung-Yeol ignored his question and got up from his seat. He clasped his hands and said, “Cha, let’s do a little cleaning and then take Hyun-Woo to the park.” Without arguing back with Sung-Yeol they obeyed his command and went to clean then off to the nearest park.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Sung-Kyu sat there for 20 minutes now, waiting for his “date” to come. He wasn’t really sure if they were actually on a date or if their just hanging out for fun. He glanced back at the door and then at his watch. He continued to do so every 10 minutes waiting for Seung-Yeon to arrive. He sighed and got up from his seat but stopped as he heard a soft high-pitched voice coming towards him. He looked up to see Seung-Yeon walking towards him looking very tried and it seems like she doesn’t even have the energy to do anything. He looked worriedly at her.

“Seung-Yeon are you ok? You look sick.” He was very concerned. The way she breathed was abnormal. The way she jogged towards him made her look weak.

She shook her head towards him. “Anyio oppa. I’m fine. I actually just got off from work and I run all the way here. Sorry, I’m late.” She breathed. She slowly started to catch her breath and sat down and ordered a glass of water. Sung-Kyu sat back down in his previous seat and also ordered a glass of water and a plate of red bean fish cakes for them both.

“You never told me you had to work?” he finally asked after a complete silent moment between them.

Seung-Yeon sipped some of her water before she could reply. “I didn’t know I had to work honestly. I got a call from the shop saying they needed more help. Sorry oppa.” She pouted.

Sung-Kyu smiled at her cuteness. “No it’s fine. So are we just going to sit here and talk or do you want to go have fun?” She smiled and got up from her seat while grabbing her purse. “Let’s go.” The two “couple” walked out of the shop and walked their way to the nearest arcade center.

Once they entered, Seung-Yeon spotted a basketball shoot game that they loved to play when they were little. She tugged on Sung-Kyu shirt and pointed towards the game. “Oppa do you remember this? We always loved to play this game whenever we got back from school together.” Sung-Kyu looked towards the direction she was pointing at and titled his head to the side in confusion.

He shook his head. “I’m sorry Seung-Yeon but I honestly don’t. I don’t remember anything from the past after my . . . mother died.” Seung-Yeon suddenly felt guilty for bring up their past together. Sung-Kyu noticed her sudden change of mood.

“No don’t take it the wrong way. It’s that I’ve had a rough time in the past. I’m fine now. Don’t feel guilty or anything. It’s fine really.” Seung-Yeon slowly nodded her head.

“Come on. Turn that frown upside down.” He placed his index fingers to and turned her frown upside down by pushing upward. She swatted his hands away and chuckled. Sung-Kyu gave her his famous eye-smile which made her faint in an instant.

He grabbed her arm and dragged her over to the basketball hoop. “Loser buys the dinner tonight.” He stated.

She smirked. “You’re on.” He insert the money and the game began.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Three hours later, Sung-Kyu found himself standing in line waiting to pay for their food, which concluded three plates of French fries and onion rings, two double sized hamburgers and two large shakes – one strawberry and one chocolate with a little cherry on top. He sighed for the umpteenth time as he glanced back at Seung-Yeon, who waved and smiled at him every time he looked back at her. Once he arrived in front of the cashier, the cashier smiled and Sung-Kyu gave her the bill, which cost more than he expected.

“Thank you for coming to Wacky. Please come again.” The cashier bowed and Sung-Kyu bowed back. With a nod he turned back around to see Seung-Yeon waiting by the door.

He was memorized by her beauty. Her fair skin that glistened in the sunlight. The way her red long hair swayed back and forth over her shoulder. Her big around eyes and cute button nose matched her perfectly. Sung-Kyu never noticed how long he stood there memorized by her until someone bumped shoulder with him making him end his sweet daydream.

“Sorry.” The guy who bumped into Sung-Kyu apologized. Sung-Kyu lifted his hand up and smiled. “It’s ok.” He bowed. He straighten his shoulder and walked over to the waiting petite red head.

“Now where to next?” she asked once Sung-Kyu approached her. “Your pick.”

She thought for a moment. “Umm, how about we watch a movie. I heard Covertness is a good movie. Should we go?” Sung-Kyu looked at his watch. He nodded and said, “Sure it’s only 3. Let’s go.” The two then walked to the movies together after checking the movie tickets.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

She stood in front of the brick peach colored building. She sighed as she ran her hands through her hair for the umpteenth time that day. She thought if she should visit him or not. That’s all she did ever since this morning. She woke up early to visit her partner in crime. She walked to and fro in front of the building debating if she wanted to go in or not. Frustrated, she huffed in anger as she plopped herself down on the ground. She took out her phone and saw 10 miss calls from her mother and 20 text messages from Tae-Hyung, asking where she was at the moment. She sighed and placed her phone back in her pocket and continued to sit on the floor in silence.

“Eotteoke haji?” she sighed and looked back at the building behind her. She pulled her hair in frustration. “Nan michyeoss-eo jigeum*!” she pulled his hair apart multiple times like she’s about to go overhead. She placed her head in her hands as she faked a sob.

“Balo, dangsin i michyeoganeun*” She sniffed and her brows creased together. She looked up at the voice and she wished she had never looked up. It’s none other than frenemy, Kim Myung-Soo. The least person she wanted to visit especially on this specific day.

Babo! She mentally hit herself for being so careless of her surroundings.

“Yah. What’re you doing?” Myung-Soo looked at the building behind her and read it aloud. “High Mark Prison. Nice, you turning yourself in with that attitude of yours?” he sarcastically stated while chuckling. Hyo-Yeon frowned and got up from where she squatted.

“No, I’m not!!” she pouted and crossed her arms. He chuckled at her cuteness and thought how cute she was. He suddenly frown as he stopped himself thinking about her like that. He scoffed, why would I think of her? She’s nothing to me.

“Hey!” she yelled. He snapped out of trace and looked at her. “What?”

“I asked you what you’re doing here. . . Are you, by chance, following me?” she smirked. He rolled his eyes at her and looked behind her to see some people coming out. Without replying – like always – he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him, dragging her closer to the wall. Surprised, she gasped and her almond shaped eyes grew bigger as her heart started to beat in a rapid pace.

He, on the other hand, was also surprised by his own action. He didn’t even know what the reason was as to why he suddenly grabbed her. Realizing that he still held on to her, he quickly pushed himself off of her and turned around while he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

After a couple of minutes of silence between them he cleared his throat to get her attention. “Yah. I . . . I asked you first. You didn’t reply . . . yet.” He said still not facing her.

She blinked twice before she could answer, trying to forget what just happened between them. “O-oh really? Well . . . it’s . . . it’s none of your business.” She quietly said. She suddenly remember why she was there. She wanted to visit someone before Myung-Soo interrupted her. She walked to the entrance of the building and looked around pass the people coming towards her. She still hasn’t decided if she wanted to visit that special someone or not. She pouted at the thought and looked at Myung-Soo in disgust.

“Why did you have to interrupt me for? I was in the middle of deciding.” She exclaimed and turned back around to face the entrance.

Myung-Soo gave her a confusing look. “Deciding? For what?” it took him some time to finally realizing what she meant, he snapped his fingers. “Oh you’re here to visit someone. Nugu?”

She groaned and rolled her eyes at him. “Once again, it’s none of your business.” She took a step forward but stopped in her tracks. She shook her head and sighed. “ahh eotteoke haji. Wahhh!!” she whined.

Myung-Soo looked at her. A thought came across him as he tapped her shoulder. “Wae?”

“I could go in with you if you want . . .” Upon hearing his suggestion. She swiftly turned around to face him with beaming eyes. “Really?” Her face lit up in excitement. He nodded.

“Yeah but on one condition.” She grunted and hung her head low. “I knew this was going to happen.”

She sighed and looked back up at him.  She placed her hands on her hips. “And what is that?” a hint of annoyance in her tone.

“Just spend the day with me. I’m bored walking alone and I need someone to boss around.” She furrowed her brows.

“You want to hang out . . .” she shook her head. “No scratch that, you want to boss me around?” he nodded and shrugged.

“That is if you want me to go in with you,” He winked at her, which made her flinch in disgust.

“No.” she calmly said. He frowned at her.

“No?”

“Emm N to the O. No.” she giggled and walked away from him. Myung-Soo stood there dumbfounded. After a couple of minutes of realizing what she said, he turned around and followed her while bombing her with questions as to why she didn’t want to hang out with him. Even if he begged her – which he never imagine doing – to go she still said no.

“Come on. Just for today and I won’t bother you anymore. Even if you come over to take care of Hyun-Woo. I promise you.” She abruptly stopped in her tracks making Myung-Soo slightly collide into her.

“Oh speaking for Hyun-Woo and this whole baby-sitting thing. When do you want me to start? And why aren’t you watching him?”

Myung-Soo sighed. “Long story short, Sung-Kyu hyung went out on a date and left Sung-Yeol in charge but things got crazy and I left the house and that’s when I saw you in front of the building.”

Hyo-Yeon made an ‘o’ shape with as she nodded along. “And what you said before about never bothering me again, is that true?” he rapidly nodded his head. Myung-Soo could never understand why he was acting like this. Was it because he was dying of boredom? Or was it because he fined her very interesting to be around with?

He shook his head at the second thought and looked at Hyo-Yeon waiting for her reply. “So?”

She shrugged. “I guess so. But I want to choose where to go.” Hyo-Yeon was also thinking the something. She wasn’t sure what got over her.

They never liked each other from the very start but they enjoy each other’s company, which was every confusing for them to figure out. On that one day, the two confused individuals spent the rest of the day together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That is until they saw Sung-Kyu with his date at the movie theater – which Hyo-Yeon suggested they go to.

“Hyung?//Myung-Soo?” they said at the same time.

“What’re doing here hyung?” Sung-Kyu looked at Myung-Soo and then at Hyo-Yeon. He raised a brow.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. Why are you here together?” he pointed at the two before him. “Don’t tell me you’ve made up and are on a date together.” He slightly smiled while eyeing Myung-Soo suspiciously.

Myung-Soo coughed and shook his head. “What? Are you kidding me?” he laughed. “I would never date her, no offensive by the way.” Hyo-Yeon shrugged.

“None taken. I wouldn’t dare date you either. Even if we’re last two people on earth. Never in a millions years.” She fired back. Sung-Kyu smiled at the two and gave Hyo-Yeon a thumbs up.

Myung-Soo dramatically placed his hand over his heart. “Ouch. That really hurt.”

She shrugged again. “Hey, it’s the truth. Besides you would’ve said the same thing.”

“Point taken but still.” She chuckled and slightly pushed him away while turning her attention towards Sung-Kyu and his so-called date.

“It was nice meeting you Sung-Kyu-ssi and. . .” she pointed towards Sung-Kyu’s date and he realized that his so-called date was still standing there.

“Oh sorry. How rude of me. This is Seung-Yeon. She’s my childhood friend.” Seung-Yeon slightly pouted at Sung-Kyu’s comment. Hyo-Yeon noticed the sudden change of the atmosphere around them.

Being the nice lady-like that she is, Hyo-Yeon bowed and said her hellos. Seung-Yeon did the same to both Hyo-Yeon and Myung-Soo.

“Annyeonghasyeo, it’s nice to meet you. Are you guys close friends?” they nodded except for Hyo-Yeon.

“Anyio, I baby-sitter for them.” Seung-Yeon furrowed her eyebrows. Realizing what Hyo-Yeon just said, Sung-Kyu signaled Myung-Soo to cover , which he gladly did so while smiling back at Seung-Yeon as he struggled to keep Hyo-Yeon still.

Myung-Soo awkwardly let out a laugh as he slowly started to drag Hyo-Yeon away. “Umm, what she means is that she likes to baby-sit and she asked us if we wanted to join her “ Myung-Soo glanced at the time and said, “Oh look at the time. Our movie is going to start soon. Bye hyung, see you at home.” He then turned to Seung-Yeon and bowed, slowly making Hyo-Yeon bow her head too, making sure that his grip on was tight.

“It was nice to meet you Seung-Yeon-ssi. You may proceed. We’re sorry to disturb you. We’ll be leaving now.” Before Seung-Yeon could reply back, Myung-Soo quickly took off while he still had a tight grip on Hyo-Yeon.

Seung-Yeon turned to Sung-Kyu in confusion. Sung-Kyu smiled at her and said, “Let’s go. We’re done here.” Sung-Kyu grabbed Seung-Yeon’s hands and they walked out of the theater.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Once out of sight, Myung-Soo quickly released Hyo-Yeon and wiped the saliva from his palm onto the wall behind him.

“Yah! Are you crazy?” he softly yelled, once he recovered from wiping the remaining spite from his palm.

She pouted. “Sorry. I thought she knew.” Myung-Soo looked at her and shook his head. “Whatever let’s just go. The movie started already.” Myung-Soo left Hyo-Yeon and went into the room without her. Some minutes later, she then walked into the room and sat one seat away from Myung-Soo, which he didn’t really care about, and she started to munch on the large buttery popcorn she bought along the way.

 

The two individuals watched in silence while thinking to themselves about the day together without the other one knowing.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Nan michyeoss-eo jigeum*= this means "I'm going crazy right now."

Balo, dangsin i michyeoganeun*= this means "Right, you are going crazy."

 

I really hope you like the double update. i worked really hard into writing this. Thank you to those who commented, subscribe, and voted -if you haven't please do so. Thank you!!!!