Second Thoughts

Trouble Maker

8~

 

 

 

 

 

She ran all the way home after that incident that happened to her just a few hours ago. She quickly ran up the steps to the front door and rushed in to see her twin brother, Tae-Hyung, with his friends in the living room.

“Oh Hyo-Yeon. What happened to you? I was waiting for you after school today.” Tae-Hyung asked his sister as he saw her coming through the front door.

“Annyeonghasyeo Hyo-Yeon-ssi.” BTS greeted. She bowed to them and excused herself as she quickly grabbed Tae-Hyung’s arm, dragging him upstairs to her room. Once in the room, Hyo-Yeon let go of Tae-Hyung’s arm and went over to her bed to sit down. Tae-Hyung looked at his sister as he placed his hands on his hips while pouting.

“Hey what was that for? I have company over.” He exclaimed while rolling his eyes and crossing his arms in frustration.

“He’s back.” She softly whispered. Tae-Hyung uncrossed his arms and walked over to his sister. He grabbed her tense shoulders and faced her his way, looking with concern eyes straight at her.

“What . . . what did you say?” she looked up at her brother and then looked back down in shame.

“He’s back Tae-Hyung. He’s back!” she calmly repeated. Tae-Hyung dropped his arms to his side as she plopped down on the bed. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration, cursing under his breath.

“Tsk, I knew this day would come. What about you-know-who?” Hyo-Yeon walked to the bed and sat beside her brother.

“Oppa, you’ve been here all your life and you still don’t understand what happened to us. He’s gone. He’s in jail.” She exclaimed, tears threatening to slip out. She controlled herself and looked up at the ceiling to avoid the tears slipping down her pale face. Tae-Hyung looked up at his sister. He felt sorry for her that she of all people have to go through this. He grabbed his sister and pulled her into a tight hug, while she rested her head on his shoulders as she softly cried.

“Oppa is sorry.” He whispered as he kissed the top of her head. She tightly grabbed the hum of his shirt as she continued to cry on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

The next day . . .

 

 

 

Hyo-Yeon stopped in front of the mini market just a few blocks away from the school and brought some things to eat for her after school practice with Jong-Up. Before she walked out of the market and stopped and thought about what happened in the dance studio last night before that happening with Jun-Ho. She thought about that rude guy with those fierce piercing eyes of his. She shrived just imagining him in front of her again with those rude lips of his. She shook her head to clear the thought out but the image of him just couldn’t fade away from her. For some weird reason he seems very interesting to her.

“Agioo I’m going crazy.” She whispered whispered to herself. She stepped out of market but stopped as she looked to see a pair of shoes standing in front of her. She slowly looked up to see Myung-Soo standing in front of her with his hands placed in his pockets standing there like an ignorant jockey. She glanced up at him to see him smirking down at her. She scoffed and walked passed him, but he quickly got a hold of her wrist stopping her from going any further.

“Let go. I’m not in the mood.” She tried to wiggle herself free but his grip on her tighten. She turned her attention towards him in annoyance. “What do you want?” she snapped at him.

“We need to talk.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes at him. “There’s no need to. We already did.”

“I saw what happened to you yesterday after I yelled at you.” She stopped wiggling and looked up at him. His eyes was filled with concern but mixed with anger. She could see it through those cold eyes of his. She could see how he felt. She blinked away from staring at him and turned her head towards their hands. He looked at where she looked at and quickly released her hand.

“A-And?” he cleared his throat and said, “Are you those types that cause trouble? Because if you are then we can’t have you as a baby-sitter.” He lied. Deep inside, he felt sorry for her. The way the guy last night yelled at her and his action towards her made him feel sorry. Sorry that he yelled at her and called her rude. Which made him think, why do I care? It’s not like I forgive her or something. But then again he wished he had never said anything to her even if she was being rude.

“Oh so the so called Mr. popular of Nam high school forgives me for what he did yesterday?” she said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

He turned back into her normal self and totally forgot about the thought he had about her. “I don’t forgive you. I’m just . . . we need a baby-sitter and Dong-Woo hyung said you’re the best one so far. Not my words but his.” He answered the petite blonde in front of him.

“Why is that you’re the one who came up to me and not Dong-Woo? You wanted to slip in some apologies?” she smirked which caught him off-guard.

“Tsk yeah right. Just because I asked for you back doesn’t mean I’ll be nice to you and forgive you. Now give me an answer so I can report.” He huffed. Hyo-Yeon shrugged and nodded. “Why not. It’s for Dong-Woo anyways since I’m his friend.”

“Good. Meet us after school.” He said and started to walk but stopped as he heard her call him.

“I can’t. I have practice today after school.” He sighed in frustration and turned back towards her.

“Then we’ll meet you there and wait.” He ignorantly stated. “And remember I’m only doing this for Dong-Woo hyung and not because I want to make up with you.” With that he turned back around and walked his way to school.

“I know.” She smiled and ran up to his side to walk with him to school, which he at first protested but shrugged it off since their going the same way anyways.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Once they were near the front gate a lot of people gathered around them whispering and gossiping about them as they passed by the crowd of people minding their own business, until Hyo-Yeon notice the strange stares a group of girls were giving her. She tugged on Myung-Soo’s navy jacket and making him give his full attention to her.

“Tsk, what now?”

“Is it me or are we being stared at?” Myung-Soo looked around to see pretty much the whole looking at them and taking slight pictures of them. Myung-Soo shrugged and walked into the building completely ignoring her questions. She followed him in and continued to ask him random questions, which he got annoyed of.

“Myung-Soo. Where are you going?” He sighed for the nth time and decided to reply to her this time, “Where else? To class of course, weirdo.” He mumbled. He entered his classroom slightly slammed the door in her face. She sighed and walked to her own class, which was all the way in the east side of the school. She hated the fact that she followed him all the way to the west side of the school just to ask him questions which he never replied to.

Once Myung-Soo walked in to class, Ho-Won and Sung-Yeol ran up to him and began to ask him questions like, “Why didn’t you walk with us?” or like, “What happened?” and what not. Myung-Soo ignored them by passing by them and walked his way over to Dong-Woo’s desk, where he saw Dong-Woo playing with Hyun-Woo. Myung-Soo nudged Dong-Woo’s arm making Dong-Woo look up at him. Myung-Soo nodded his head towards the door and walked away from him. Dong-Woo got his signal and gave Hyun-Woo to Sung-Jong, who happens to be sitting there along with Woo-Hyun.

“Psst Sung-Jong.” Woo-Hyun nudged Sung-Jong once Dong-Woo walked away. “Do you think they reconciled?” Sung-Jong shrugged and continued to play with Hyun-Woo.

 

 

 

 

 

Outside the classroom . . .

 

“What?” Dong-Woo sighed while leaning against the door frame. Myung-Soo stood across from him with his hands in his pockets.

“I talked to Hyo-Yeon today and reconciled with her. I asked her to baby-sit for us . . .” Dong-Woo’s ears perked up when he heard the good news coming for Myung-Soo, who hated the idea the most.

“Don’t get to excited I’m not done talking.” He cleared his throat and continued. “But it doesn’t mean I’ll forgive her or anything.” He shrugged. Dong-Woo was confused. If he accepted her then shouldn’t that mean that he forgave her already?

“Wait hold on. Back it up. What do you mean you don’t forgive her? What made you change your mind about her? Was it something you saw? What is going on?” Dong-Woo dramatically placed his hands in his hair in frustration. Indeed, it was something he clearly saw that made him feel guilty and change his mind.

Myung-Soo sighed. “Just . . . Just leave it at that or else I’m changing my mind about this.” He walked back in the classroom but walked back out and said, “Oh and one more thing. We’re meeting her after school today to watch her practice I guess.” He shrugged and went back in. Dong-Woo nodded understanding the whole plan and went back in to tell the others about the news.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, are you serious? After what she called me, you’re going to accept her?” Ho-Won scoffed. “Unbelievable.” He walked back to his desk and sat there in disappointment. Sung-Jong went over to Ho-Won and patted his back for comfort.

“I . . . I think that’s good that she’s baby-sitting. I mean look on the bright side, we finally found a baby-sitter. So that means we get some free time and we get to study more.” Sung-Yeol said agreeing to this whole thing. Myung-Soo eyed him and Sung-Yeol glanced back at him with a small smile plastered on his face. Like they read each other’s mind about this whole happening.

Ho-Won got up from his desk sensing something strange about Sung-Yeol and Myung-Soo. He looked at them both suspiciously. He quietly shook his head and went back to his desk waiting for class to start, which is weird since class started 15 minutes ago and Mr. Lee hasn’t arrived yet. Curious, he looked out the window and saw that the hallway was empty. There was no sign of students, no sign of any staff member and no sign of Mr. Lee anywhere.

“Hyung.” Ho-Won called out. Sung-Kyu turned his attention to Ho-Won and said, “What Ho-Won.”

“’Where’s Mr. Lee? Class started like 20 minutes ago.” The guys looked around the classroom and saw no sign of Mr. Lee anywhere. Sung-Kyu looked up at the clock and Ho-Won was right. Mr. Lee was late and class already started.

Sung-Kyu sighed. “You guys stay here. I’ll check with the office.” He got up from his seat and walked to the door but stopped mid-way. “Sung-Jong you’re in charge.” He pointed before exiting out of the room. The others, beside Sung-Jong, complained about Sung-Jong being in charge instead of them since Sung-Jong is the youngest amongst them.

Sung-Jong held his hand up to stop them from complaining any further. “I’m in charge because I’m more mature than you guys compared.”

Sung-Yeol rolled his eyes. “Sung-Kyu hyung only chose you because he doesn’t want to see you whine like a baby. . . No offense Hyun-Woo.” Hyun-Woo giggled and started to play with the pororo eraser, he got from Dong-Woo.

Sung-Jong stuck out his tongue at Sung-Yeol and went over to Hyun-Woo to play with him. Sung-Yeol chuckled at Sung-Jong’s childish act as he shook his head at him. “So immature.” he murmured.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Sung-Kyu opened the main doors to the office and walked to the attendance desk. He lightly rang the silver bell twice in a row, waiting for Mrs. Lu to come.

A lady around a mid-40’s came walking out from the back of the room to see Sung-Kyu waiting by her desk. She rushed over to him and gave him a sweet smile, in return Sung-Kyu smiled back. “Annyeonghasyeo Mrs. Lu. How is Mr. Lu doing?” he asked once she arrived in front of him.

“He’s fine. Thank you for asking.” She replied.

“And how about Chan-Jung? I haven’t seen him in a while.” Sung-Kyu asked. Mrs. Lu smiled at Sung-Kyu and said, “He’s at home sick. That’s why he didn’t come to school today.” Sung-Kyu gave Mrs. Lu and pat on the arm and gave her a small smile.

“I hope he feels better soon.”

Mrs. Lu had known Sung-Kyu ever since he was a little baby. She treats Sung-Kyu like her own son ever since Sung-Kyu’s mother died from that terrible accident that wasn’t meant to happen. Mrs. Lu and Sung-Kyu’s mother were the best of friends even before Sung-Kyu was born. Sung-Kyu thinks of Mrs. Lu as his aunt and Mr. Lu as his uncle. The Lu family knew about Sung-Kyu’s current situation with his father. How his father left Sung-Kyu, his own son, in the middle of nowhere and went to find a new family, leaving Sung-Kyu alone. It’s been 11 years since his mother died and all Sung-Kyu would do was cry every night. Sung-Kyu’s father would go out and get drunk and whenever he come back home Sung-Kyu either a bruise on his eye or a scratch mark on his legs. Sung-Kyu couldn’t take it anymore so he ran away from home and that’s how he meet the Lu family. They feed him, sheltered him, and even treated him like their own son. That’s all he ever wanted. He wanted someone to care for him, not to leave him behind and forget about him.

“Thanks Sung-Kyu. So what can I do for you?” she asked.

Sung-Kyu snapped his finger remembering why he came down. “Umm, has Mr. Lee ever came today? We don’t have a teacher and class already started.”

“Oh yes. Sorry, I forgot to tell you. Umm, Mr. Lee is absent today and tomorrow. He told me to give you some packets for next week’s test.” Mrs. Lu gave Sung-Kyu a stack of papers and gave him a signal to go. He bowed and exit out of the office.

Right when he walked out a voice called him out. “Oppa? Sung-Kyu oppa.” Sung-Kyu turned his head around to see Seung-Yeon jogging her way over to him. He slightly smiled at her as he stopped in his tracks to turn around.

“Hey Seung-Yeon-ssi.” He replied. She sweetly smiled and asked, “Where are you going?”

“I’m actually on my way back to class. I had to stop by the office to pick up some papers. How about you?”

“Oh I just got back from the doctors. I’m actually going to the attendance desk right now.” She said as she held up her doctor’s slip, waving it in the air.

Sung-Kyu smiled and waved good-bye to her. “It was nice talking to you again. I have to go back now. Bye Seung-Yeon.” But before Sung-Kyu could go Seung-Yeon held his elbow.

“A-Actually oppa. I wanted to ask you if . . . if you wanted to go out sometime this weekend.” She shy asked. Sung-Kyu chuckled at her shyness which he thought was very cute. He gave it some thought and thought, what the heck? Why not?

He shrugged and said, “Sure, how about Saturday at Roro’s cafe?” she gasped in excitement. She rapidly nodded her head as she gave him a wide smile.

“Ok oppa. See you then.” She happily exclaimed before she happily skipped her way into the office. And again, Sung-Kyu chuckled at how cute she acted just now once he accepted her. He turned back around and started walking back to class.

“Looks like I have a date.” He smiled showing his cute eye-smile and happily walked back to class while twirling around the halls, very excited about his date with his childhood sweetheart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I finally had the chance to update. Sorry for the long wait and since I had the chance to update I'm going to do a double chapter. so please wait!!!

Thank you, my fellow wonderful readers....