A Shocking Twist

Trouble Maker

3~

 

 

 

They walked out of the school gates and went over to the nearest super market to buy more items for their house since it’s been years since they ever shopped for materials. Once they entered the market, they split up into two groups. One team was house supplies and as for the other team, thAey were the food team.

“Sung-Kyu hyung, do we need toilet paper and napkins?” Sung-Jong asked as they passed by the bathroom section. Sung-Kyu nodded his head and Sung-Jong ran over to grab both of the items and placing it into the cart. After that, they scrolled over to the kitchen section to grab a couple of dish washing soap and some other items along the way. As they passed by the noodles section they saw the other team buying a lot of ramen noodles filling their cart completely up. Sung-Kyu shook his head in disappointment.

“Are you really going to stuff yourself with noodles every passing month?” he calmly said as he picked up the ramen noodles in the cart and putting it back on the shelf.

“Why not? I mean that’s all we can afford anyways.” Sung-Yeol exclaimed while putting the noodles back into the cart. Sung-Kyu sighed at them. He rubbed his temples and looked dead at the four remaining before him.

“Just put it back and exchange it for a box.” He commanded. Sung-Yeol disagreed with him as he placing his hands over all the noodles in the cart.

“No hyung, we want different kind of ramen noodles not just one.” He complained. They continued to argue back and forth that they didn’t even notice the person placing something in their cart and quickly escaping away from them.

After hours and hours of their argument, Sung-Kyu finally decided to give up since he doesn’t want to cause a scene in front of many citizens around them –that’s too late. “Fine you win. Just don’t buy too much. We need some other food besides noodles.”

Dong-Woo got excited. “Oh like Korean beef? Or sausage?” Sung-Kyu nodded his head at the hyper Dong-Woo, who is jumping around like a little kid. “Yeah like all sorts of meat. Let’s quickly buy some and go pay. I’m really hungry now.” He complained.

The other nodded along as they made their way to the meat section. Yet they never notice something –or someone- in the cart, covered by the house supplies items.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

After gathering all the items they wanted they went to the cashier to check out. Once they placed all the food on the table they quickly placed the house hold items on the table but stopped as they saw something that isn’t theirs. They quickly crowded around the cart as they stared at the object in the cart.

“Hyung, why did you get blankets?” Sung-Yeol asked while staring at the baby blue cloth in the cart.

Sung-Kyu shook his head. “Anyie, I didn’t put this in there.” He said while moving the cloth to reveal a baby, sleeping peacefully in the cart. They gasped as to how the baby got in their cart without them knowing so. Some many questions ran through their heads as to why there is a baby in their cart. Confused and shocked, they stood by the cashier for what seems like hours just staring at the baby in the cart. They weren’t sure what to do except stare at him.

The cashier lost his patients as he snapped, “Excuse me but are you done yet? I have other customers waiting in line.” Finally realizing that they were still at the market, they continued to finish up and they quietly made their way out of the market and into the empty streets, carrying the baby with them. They surrounded Sung-Jong, who held the baby in his arms, and started thinking about the sleeping baby.

“What’re we going to do with the baby?” Dong-Woo asked as he searched the cart for any note which to his surprise there was one at the very bottom of the cart hiding under all their items. “Oh! Look I found a note.” He happily exclaimed. He picked it up and handed it over to Sung-Kyu. Sung-Kyu opened it and began to read it aloud.

“Yeobo, I’m sorry if this is too late but this is our son, Hyun-Woo. I can no longer care for him. My health has gotten worse after giving birth to him. Please do me this favor and watch him for now on. I’m sorry yeobo.” Stunned, they all looked at each other as to who the real father is among them. Sung-Kyu looked to and fro the letter and his friends, thinking if any of them is truly the father of Hyun-Woo. Even more and more questions started to wave through his head making it even harder for him to figure things out. He just stood there speechless and shocked from this whole father thing.

“Hyung, what do we do?” Ho-Won exclaimed, still trying to recover from their current situation. Sung-Kyu shook his head and stuttered, “nan jeongmal moleugess-eoyo.” His face was completely blank at the time. Nothing came into mind. They were all staring into space as they thought hard about this whole situation.

Couple of minutes has passed and yet there is still no answer to their unsolved questions. At first they came up with some but then they weren’t really sure if it’s a good idea. They miserably failed to do anything about Hyun-Woo until Sung-Jong suddenly had a brilliant idea.

“How about we take him with us? Maybe then we can start looking for who the real father is among us or ask for help.” he suggested. The rest thought for a moment. Was it a good idea? Or a bad idea?

After a moment of thinking it through, they finally agreed with Sung-Jong’s idea. They quickly made their way back home with Hyun-Woo in hand, welcoming him into their home. “Home sweet home~” Dong-Woo shouted as he entered the house with Hyun-Woo, who was still sound asleep.

Myung-Soo looked at the sleeping Hyun-Woo and said, “Wow. He can sleep. I can never do that.” Then it just came to mind. Being the brains in the group, Woo-Hyun suddenly thought of an idea; a very brilliant idea indeed.

He clasped his hands together as he put on his idea face. “Ah! I got it.” They looked at Woo-Hyun waiting for him to finish. “Myung-Soo, you’re a genius!!” Before anybody could respond, Woo-Hyun sprinted into his room and a second later came back out with a piece of paper and pen in hand. He walked over to the dining room and sat down and as if on cue everybody else followed along.

“What’re you doing?” Sung-Kyu asked as he saw Woo-Hyun jot down their names in order from oldest to youngest. After he fi nished jotting down their names, he placed the piece of paper on the table for them to see it.

Sung-Jung stared at the piece of paper as he read it aloud. “To figure out who the father is among us, we must write down our personalities and characteristics but before we do that, we must spend time with Hyun-Woo in order to figure out his personality and characteristics.” He looked up at his hyungs to see some thinking faces and some just clueless faces.

Sung-Kyu nodded as he patted Woo-Hyun’s shoulder. “That’s a very brilliant idea.” Woo-Hyun looked up at Sung-Kyu and gave him a smile. “Thanks. Here your first.” He said and handed him the piece of paper. Sung-Kyu groaned and snatched the paper out of his hands.

“I still wonder why I agreed to this.” He mumbled to himself as he started to jot down on the piece of paper. The others laughed at their hyung as they watched him write down everything about himself. After he completed his work, he handed the paper to the next person and so on and so forth until everybody completed jotting down their own personalities and characteristics. Once they finished, they sat in a circle around Hyun-Woo and began their ideas.

“Ok let’s just start tomorrow since it’s our second day of school and we don’t want to be counted as absent.” Sung-Kyu instructed. They nodded at Sung-Kyu’s plan but Sung-Yeol suddenly thought of something. “Wait hyung, what about Hyun-Woo? Who’s going to watch him while we’re at school?” Sung-Yeol had a point. They didn’t thought about this and now their plan has been backfired. Sung-Kyu groaned. “Don’t worry. I’ll come up with something. Let’s just go to sleep first. Sung-Jung, take Hyun-Woo in your room for tonight.” They nodded and everybody separated to their own rooms, while waiting for the next morning to come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: There you go. The 3rd chapter, hoped you enjoyed it. Until next time. . . .  Oh I also forgot, I recommand you read this story on mobile version or on an Ipod/Ipad because then the chapters will look a little long if you want the story to be a bit longer than on the computer screen. Just a little advice ;)