Bringing back the past

Trouble Maker

10~

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the whole incident at the movies, Sung-Kyu kindly offered to walk Seung-Yeon which she couldn’t reject. Along the way to Seung-Yeon’s house. The slowly came up to an empty playground and decided to play for a little bit since it wasn’t pass her curfew yet.

“Oppa.” She softly spoke. Sung-Kyu looked at her and then back at the empty soccer field as he swung his leg, to go higher on the swing.

“Yes?”

“How come you don’t remember? I mean I know why but how come you never wanted to try regaining your memories back. Was it because of your father?” she whispered trying hard not to make him mad by her questions.

Sung-Kyu didn’t reply back. He, too thought about why he never wanted to remember. Maybe because he never wanted to go back into having so much pain and to suffer under his father fists again. He shook the tought away and sighed.

Seung-Yeon started to panic. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be so blunt about it.” Sung-Kyu gave her a faint smile and shook his head.

“I . . . I don’t want to live in regret again.” He paused and waited for her to react before he could continue. She nodded for him to proceed and he did so. “Living with my father was something that I never wanted to go back to. It was like hell to me. After my mother died, he started to go crazy and started taking it on me. I was still little that time so everything was like a flip book. . . .”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~10 years ago~

The little Sung-Kyu sat in the waiting room outside of the white door in front of him, drenched in water from the rapid rain happening outside of Seoul’s famous Hospital. Sung-Kyu looked up at the white door and back at his shoes. Sung-Kyu didn’t know what to think except to pray to god that everything will be all right. The white door across from him suddenly opened as a doctor and two nurse came running out of the emergency room while rolling a cart with them. Sung-Kyu stood up from his seat and followed them towards another room. He walked in but was pushed back out by one of the nurse.

“Please stay here. You’re not allowed to be in here.” Being the obedient type, Sung-Kyu slowly nodded and stood there while the nurse shut the door on him. He didn’t even notice the warm tears running down his face as he continued to stand there waiting and waiting.

He heard some footsteps approaching him from behind. He doesn’t even bother to turn around as he already knows who’s behind him.

”Sung-Kyu, what happened?” the man behind him asked. Sung-Kyu doesn’t even bother to answer and continued to stare down at his shoes as he slowly walked to the chair next to him.

“Kim Sung-Kyu!” the man with the husky voice softly shouted at him. Still Sung-Kyu doesn’t even bother to face him.

Mr. Kim pulled his son’s shirt and dragged him out to the stairs. He pushed him against the wall and glared back at him. “I asked you a question. What happened?!” scared, Sung-Kyu slowly got up from the ground and faced his father.

“I don’t know. All I know is that when I came home from school I saw her laying on the ground.” The tears continued to drop from his face. He slowly reached up to wipe it away. His father looked at him and sighed. He turned back around and went out to the main entrance of the hospital. Sung-Kyu watched as his father made his way to the car and drive off.

His eyes glared down at his father’s car driving off from the hospital. He didn’t know what his father’s problem was but he knows that he should stay with him and wait until his mother gets better.

 

 

 

Sung-Kyu would walk to the hospital to visit his mother every day after school without his father knowing and every time Sung-Kyu came back, he would either get a kick in the or a slap across his face. Sung-Kyu hated the fact that every time he comes home from the hospital his father gets drunk and starts beating him up for no apparent reason. From then on, whenever Sung-Kyu comes back from the hospital he goes over to the Lu family and spends his nights there.

One day though, His father went out to search for him and started to argue with the Lu family for ‘kidnapping’ his son. Sung-Kyu’s father dragged Sung-Kyu home with him and without asking for an explanation from him he started to beat him up. Sung-Kyu cried every day and night. When though people have witnessed these actions, nobody dared to report to the police. They were afraid of Mr. Kim. The citizens there started to ignore them, feeling very guilty in not helping Sung-Kyu. They pitied him. They felt sorry towards him. They didn’t know what to do, so they just let it slide.

 

 

As Sung-Kyu grew older, his father stopped beating him up and he never came back home. Sung-Kyu decided to sell the house and stay with the Lu family until his mother got better but that never happened. The day he sold the house and moved in with the Lu family, was the day his mother passed away. They properly prepared a ceremony for his mother without inviting his so-called father along, since Sung-Kyu found out that his father has a new life and family to deal with.

And from that day on, he never ever thought about his past again. He never wanted to meet up with his father again and that’s how he met his Infinite friends. He started a new life and left the old one behind him. Never in his life, has he ever thought about meeting his father again.

 

 

 

 

 

“And so that’s why I never wanted to remember about my past. That’s why I was confused as to who you were at first.” Seung-Yeon felt sorry for him. He had to go through a lot all by himself. She gave him a faint smile and hugged him as she saw his tears running down his cheeks. She released the hug and looked at Sung-Kyu directly in the eyes. She wiped away the tears with her thumb and the next thing she did shocked them both. She connected her lips to his warm lips.

They continued to stay in that position until Sung-Kyu’s phone started ringing. They broke apart – both blushing very hard – and Sung-Kyu quickly answered his phone.

“Yeoboseyo.” He could heard the static on the other side.

“Hyung!” Sung-Kyu suddenly got worried by the way Sung-Jong sounded, like something happened.

“Sung-Jong, what’s wrong?! Is everything ok?”

“Hyung . . . . . . Can you buy me some burgers, I have some carvings for it right now.” Sung-Kyu rolled his eyes. He looked back at Seung-Yeon and nodded his head giving her a signal that everything is fine. She nodded back and scratched the back of her neck awkwardly while finding the way back to the swing.

Sung-Kyu turned to the other side and continued to talk to Sung-Jong. “Not now Sung-Jong. I’m still on my date.”

He could hear the others groaning. “Hyung said we can’t buy some. Not now.” He heard Sung-Jong said to the others.

“Why not? It’s almost night time and he still isn’t done yet.” Obviously that was Sung-Yeol who replied just now.

“Hey, Sung-Jong. Tell them I’ll see you guys later. I’m going now.” Before Sung-Jong could reply back, Sung-Kyu ended the call and walked back over to Seung-Yeon.

“Oppa, I . . . I think it’s time to go. It’s getting pretty late and my parents will be pretty mad if the saw me out this late.” Sung-Kyu nodded and he walked her home that night.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

The next day . . .

 

 

 

 

Hyo-Yeon walked into the dance studio to see her partner waiting by the radio. She smiled at him and walked over to the other side and dropped her bag on the floor as she went straight to stretching. Jong-Up got up from fixing the radio and went over to Hyo-Yeon’s side to stretch along with her.

“So what part should we fix?” she asked once she was done stretching.

“Well I think we should record ourselves first and then see if we made any mistakes, then we can correct it.” He replied. She nodded in agreement. “Ok. Let’s start.”

Jong-Up grabbed the remote and pressed play. The song began and they started to dance. Even though they didn’t make any mistakes at all through the whole practice, they still wanted their performance to be prefect. Of course their perfectionist and if you’re a perfectionist you must make things prefect. 100% prefect. They danced in sync. Every beat that was made they followed it slowly moving with the smooth rhythm.

After an hour of dancing they sat down and watched the clip. They observed it carefully watching every move they made. Smiling, they high-fived each other in satisfaction.

“Ok let’s go over it once more and then we’ll be done.” She nodded and they got up again to practice once more.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Welcome to Photography class. Please sign your name on this sheet stating you were here for this after school class.” Each and every student in that class stood up to sign their name. Suddenly, the door opened to relieve a panting Myung-Soo by the doorway. He bowed and flashed a smile towards everybody – which made most of the girls in the class faint in their seats.

“I’m sorry for being late Mrs. Shin.” He apologized. Mrs. Shin smiled and said, “Its ok. Please sign your name first before you head to your seat.” He bowed and made his way to the desk and quickly sat down in a desk, completely ignoring the stares he’s getting.

“Ok, since everybody is done signing please grab a camera and head towards the west wing.” Before Mrs. Shin could further explain someone interrupted her.

“Mrs. Shin, why are we going to the west wing?”

“Because I want you to take something that is interesting and mesmerizing to you. Something that catches your eyes in a second.” The students nodded and walked out into the west wing.

Once there, they spread out like wide fire, except of course the girls in the class. They followed Myung-Soo everywhere he went. Myung-Soo ignored them and went over to a silver door that caught his eye. He first looked through the window and his eyes widen as he saw who was inside. Anger started to erupt in him as he pushed through the doors, slamming it open and walked up to them. With one punch, he knocked him out surprising the girls that followed him and the guy he punched.

“Keep your filthy hands to yourself.” With that he picked her up and walked out of the door, leaving them speechless.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

*Beep, Beep, Beep*

The sound of the heart rate machine beeped throughout the white covered room. There in the center of the room laid Hyo-Yeon sound asleep. His foot bounced against the wooden floor as he impatiently waited for the doctors to come in. The white door suddenly flung open to reveal Hyo-Yeon’s brother, Kim Tae-Hyung, standing in the door while panting heavily. Tae-hyung eye’s searched the room and he stopped as he spotted his sister lying in bed. He could feel his legs going weak as he fell to the ground. Surprised, Myng-Soo walked over to his side and planted his hands on his shoulder. Tae-Hyung started to cry right in the room without caring if Myung-Soo was there. All he wanted to do was to hope his sister was ok.

“Tae-Hyung?” Myung-Soo whispered softly.

“What . . . What happened?” his voice cracked. Myung-Soo helped him up from the ground and brought him to the couch.

“I . . . I don’t really know what happened but I saw her on the floor in the dance studio with the bastard hovering over her. I grabbed her as soon as I walked in.” Tae- Hyung nodded and wiped his tears away.

“Did you hear anything from the doctors yet?” Myung-Soo shook his head as he stared down at the white floor.

Slowly, Hyo-Yeon started to stir in her sleep and as if on cue they quickly rushed up to her. “Hyo-Yeon?” Tae-Hyung softly said.

Hyo-Yeon’s eyes fluttered open as she looked at her surroundings. She turned her head to see her brother by her side and turned the other way as her brows furrowed once she saw Myung-Soo standing on the other side of her.

“Where am I?” she quickly sat up from laying down but stopped as she clutched her head in pain. She groaned and placed her head on the bed frame. “Oh god, my head.” She muffled in her hands.

“Does it hurt that bad? Do you remember anything that happened to you?” Tae-Hyung asked his sister as he sat beside her on the bed.

“Now that you asked, I do remember practicing in the dance studio with Jong-Up but everything else started to black out.” She explained after she recovered from her headache.

“H-Hyo-Yeon.” Myung-Soo stutter. She turned towards him while tilting her head to one side.

Before Myung-Soo could continue, Tae-Hyung felt the atmosphere tense up so he excused himself first so they could talk. “If you need anything call ok.” With that he exited out of the room.

Myung-Soo sighed and sat down next to Hyo-Yeon while scratching the back of his neck. “Look Hyo-Yeon, I . . . I saw what really happened to you. The fact is . . . “

“I thought we made an agreement with each other.” Myung-Soo looked up at her surprised. “What?”

“Didn’t you forget? You said that you won’t bother me anymore. What happened to that?” for some weird reason, she started to boil up inside at the fact that Myung-Soo is standing in front of her.

“That’s true but I didn’t finish what I was going to say. . . “

“Ok so if it’s true then leave. I don’t feel like seeing anybody.” She quickly laid back down turning to the other direction. Myung-Soo scoffed in disbelief.

“Fine. But just so you know. I saved you from that bastard of a partner of yours that was molesting you in the dance studio. You should thank me for that. I won’t bother you anymore, happy?” Myung-Soo explained. He walked out of the room without turning back to face her. He slammed the door shut in anger. He stood by the door for moment as tears started to trail down his face. He was furious at the thought of her acting like that towards him. He wiped his tears away and walked out of the hospital in anger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyo-Yeon, on the other hand, cried as the thought came across. She felt stupid for acting like that towards him. She didn’t even know what got into her in the first place. Was it the fact that he looked exactly like the person she hated all her life? Or was it the fact that she never liked him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa~ I finally updated again. Hope you like it. Are you curious about Hyo-Yeon's secret? If you are, please next for the next amazing chapter!!!