Recall

Melancholia

Recall |riˈkôl| 

(v) with obj.

bring (a fact, event, or situation) back into one's mind, esp. so as to recount it to others;

 

It had been a week, and Sungyeol had become a total mess. He hadn’t go out. He stayed inside his room, read some books, and listened to his iPod. Sungjong knew he had to do something, he had been asking his brother to go out with him to get some fresh air, and the answer he got was a simple ‘no, thanks, I’m tired’ and a smile on his brother’s face. ‘How can someone get tired from reading to crappy books, listening to crappy songs and texting all day long.’ Sungjong thought.

 

“Take your brother to get some fresh air, he looked like he needs some” his bestfriend, Sunggyu said to him one day. Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“I have been doing that for days. And he refuses to.”

“Where are his friends? Do you know any of them? You should’ve asked their company.”

“He doesn’t have any.” Now it’s Sunggyu’s turn to rolled his eyes.

“Pfft. He’s a nice guy. How come a guy like him has one friend only. And that particular friend becomes his boyfriend. If you bring him to school I’m pretty sure every one would go mad.”

“Now now, you know nothing about him hyung, it wasn’t his choice.” Sungjong looked at Sungyeol’s door. And took a deep breath.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You : How’s life?

Soo : Good. I’m super tired.

You : Yeah?

Soo : Yeah. Too much assignments I can feel smokes are coming out of my head.

You : You’re still coming this week, right?

Soo : I’m not so sure.

Soo : If it’s not this week. Then I’ll be there next week.

You : Okay.

Soo : I’m sorry. I don’t have much choice here.

Soo : What about u?

You : I know. What?

Soo : How’s life?

You : Nothing much. Same old same old.

You : I just don’t go out a lot lately.

Soo : Why? I’m pretty sure little Jongie would love to take you places.

You : Yeah? Thank God after 19 years of living like this I have been to those places.

Soo : Don’t be so cynical.

Soo : Look at the bright side.

Soo : You won’t see any traffic.

Soo : You don’t have to go to school.

Soo : Or uni.

Soo : I swear those s are killing me Yeol.

You : Those are not the bright side. Those are everything I have always wanted to see or to do.

Soo : -____-

Soo : I wonder how did I put up with you. Stone head.

You : That is the truth. :s

Soo : I would kill to trade my life with you, if you feel you’ll be a lot happier that way.

You : shut up. Don’t say such things. I don’t want you to live my crappy life.

Soo : as long as I have you, I’ll be fine.

Soo : I’m going to sleep first kay.

Soo : My eyelids wont handle anymore hours now.

Soo : Bye yeol. Don’t do anything stupid my owl. :* :* :*

Soo : How do you make a hugging emoticon here Yeol?

You : Do I look like I give a crap about emoticons????????????

Soo : true. Anyway. Go to sleep. I love youuuuuuuu~

You : I lobe you too.

You : *love

Sungyeol looked at his phone. His tears had gone dry. He walked to his bathroom, looked at the person in the mirror. His heart ached he wanted to see Myungsoo. To touch him, hug him, kiss him, help him with his assignments, and to be with him. Who am I kidding with? I’m an owl.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sungjong looked at his brother’s face. He wanted to scream, to yell, and to scold. He just couldn’t do it. A thousand daggers stabbed his heart when his brother uttered the word ‘sorry’. He took the small bottle on Sungyeol’s desk, and began to apply the lotion to his brother’s cheek. Sungyeol didn’t even budge a bit.

“I just wanted to catch Woolimy.” He began to talk.

“I know.”

“I didn’t know he was only playing…”

“I know.”

“I’m sorry I’m such a burden. Mom doesn’t have to know.”

“Shut up. Of course.”

“I’m sorry Sungjong-ah…”

“Shut up.”

“I thought if I didn’t catch the poor cat… You’ll lose him.”

“Hyung…” Sungjong stared at his brother. “I won’t lie, I will be extremely upset if I lose him. But I would kill myself if anything happened to you.”

“Nothing happened though.”

“Look at yourself! What do you mean nothing happened?!”

“This is kind of natural. You know this will happen, it’s not that big of a deal Sungjong.” Sungyeol sighed. Sungjong kept staring at his brother. He could remember how Sungyeol lied to him ‘I hate beaches. You go with mom and dad. I’ll come next time.’ When he begged his brother to come with him to the beach. He could remember when he brought a bottle of sand to Sungyeol and persuaded him, ‘Hyung, touch them! They’re soft. You’ve missed this stuff you know. You should’ve just come you know. You could sit by the beach with mom if you hate the sea.’ And Sungyeol would smile, telling him he didn’t hate the sea. He hated everything about the beach. And Sungjong didn’t understand why. He could remember the first time he cried and ran back home from school when he was on grade 7, and Sungyeol would hugged him tight in his dark room telling him that he’ll get back at those guys who bullied him. He could remember he locked himself inside his room on the next day yelling and screaming toward Sungyeol. ‘You lied to me. They keep calling me names!! I’m not pretty hyung. I’m a guy. You told me you’d get back at them. You lied!! I HATE YOU!’ and he could clearly remember Sungyeol got scolded the next day, he went out and sat in front of Yongguk’s house, the one who bullied him, all night long until Yongguk’s mom found his constant knocking irritating. Mrs.Bang brought Sungyeol home and told their mom what was Sungyeol and Myungsoo doing. Yes Myungsoo was there. He had always been with Sungyeol since Sungjong could remember. His mom said sorry to Mrs.Bang and scolded Sungyeol. He could remember how Sungyeol answered Mrs.Bang back then ‘Yongguk bullied my brother; I just want him to apologize. My mom and my dad taught me to say sorry if I do something wrong. And bullying is not right Mrs.Bang. ’ He still got scolded after Mrs.Bang left though. He could remember how he felt his parents were unfair, he didn’t understand why his brother got to be homeschooled and he had to go to school. He didn’t get why his mom let Myungsoo came and played until midnight, sometime he get to had a sleepover. And he could remember that day…

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a tiny bit of yeoljong wont hurt right? the gifs below, arent mine. copyright to the owner. :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

okay. enough..