Shreds

Melancholia

Shred /ʃrɛds/

verb ( shreds, shredding , shredded ) [ with obj. ]

tear or cut into shreds

PHRASES

 

in shreds very badly damaged; destroyed or ruined

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

“Yeol?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s summer.”

“I can tell Myungsoo.”

“Why do you keep using your long sleeve shirts?”

“It looks good on me.” Sungyeol replied, and got a scoff from Myungsoo.

“Yeol?”

“Hmm?”

“Why won’t you cut your hair?”

“Too lazy”

“You’ll look good in black”

“No. I’ll look like you.”

“And why? Is it a problem to look like me?”

‘Yes. You look too good to be true. I, on the other hand has nothing compared’

“No. I just don’t want to be look like you. I look too good to be like you”

“Yah! You!”

Sungyeol laughed a little.

“Why 7?”

“What?”

“Why do you have 7 piercings in one ear? It’s all over your earlobe and cartilage”

“Just because.”

“You look good with them.”

“Yeah?”

“Yep. I think I should have one. Or two. I’ll look better than you do” he chuckled.

‘you will. Always have. Always will. You don’t need these piercings like I do’

“You won’t do it. You told me you’re afraid of those guns and needles”

“True. It will be fine if you’re by my side though.”

“Yeah? Why is that? Am I some sort of your drug?”

“You are the smoke to my high.” He smiled.

“That’s a freaking song. How greasy and cheesy”

“Seriously though, will you promise me you’ll be with me forever?”

“That’s though Myungsoo, you know I-“

“Will you promise me. Forever. Be with me, by my side. Forever. And ever.” He snapped.

“Myungsoo ya…”

“Answer it. I need you to promise me” Sungyeol hesitated. He knows it too well he will broke that particular promise.

“Answer it Lee Sung Yeol”

“You do know, I can’t promise such thing. That word doesn’t exist in my dictionary. Nothing’s forever.”

“There is.”

“What?”

“Me.”

“Excuse me?”

“Me. I will forever be with you.” Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol. He wondered why those beautiful eyes his best friend had seemed so sad. He told him the truth. He wanted to be with Sungyeol every day, every minute, down to its seconds. “Promise me.” He said once again, there was a pleading tone in each and every words.

“I promise okay.” Sungyeol sighed.

“Good. I need my very best friend to go through this hell hole called life”

‘Best friend.’

“Forever with me you said?” Sungyeol said. “What if one day you forget me? That happens a lot. I am not that memorable-“ something cut his words. Myungsoo’s lips.

“I’ll never leave you alone. So shut it.”

‘Never.’

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

“You have to stop doing that to yourself hyung.”

“Doing what?”

“Cutting.”

Sungyeol looked at his brother. “What are you talking about?”

“I found your razor blades.”

“They’re not mine, get out.”

“It’s in your bottom drawer. Under your books.”

“They’re just razors.”

“Then why you keep it hidden?”

“Sungjong-ah. It’s none of your business okay.” Sungyeol started to read his book again.

“Is it about your so precious best friend? I saw he kissed you the other day. He knows that you’re not his boy toy right? Best friends don’t do like that. Unless he knows how you feel about him.”

“Shut up. It was nothing.” Sungyeol kept reading. He knew his brother was telling the truth. He knew, Sungjong was right.

“Hell no. It was something. He looked at you as his best friend. YOU on the other hand looked at him as your life.”

“Shut up.” He closed his book on his hand and stood. “Get out of my room”

“YOU do know he doesn’t know WHO he is. You DO know he’s experimenting unless you confess to him. Why is it so hard for you?? You told him bits and pieces no one knows but yourself. Why not your feelings?” Sungjong looked at his brother who’s obviously angry and hold back all the tears in his eyes. He loved his brother so much his feelings were strong. “Stop, please. Stop hurting yourself. You have enough problems to handle.”

“Why won’t you let me be? It’s fine for me. I have to get him as mine whatsoever. I know it won’t last. Being his best friend is fine. Now get. The. Hell. Out.” Sungyeol stated. Sungjong sighed, then left his brother alone.

‘Bull. I want him. Always have. Always will. I’m just his best friend. Always have. Always will.” He sat on the edge of his bed. Tucked his shirt, and looked at his scars. The pain he got from those scars, helped him, every cut distracted him from the actual pain he had. He knew it too well. ‘I’m not perfect, why would he bother to look at me as someone who is more than his best friend?’ His hand traced his scars. His eyes began to stare at his drawer. He knew his brother too well he walked to his desk, and opened his wallet. He knew that his brother would take all of his razors and threw it away. So he had keep one with him. Sungyeol took a deep breath. ‘His boy toy…’, ‘he’s experimenting…’, ‘being his best friend is fine…’ those words echoed in his mind. Ripped his heart apart, just like what he was doing to his skin.