Worthy

Melancholia

Worthy |ˈwərT͟Hē|

(adj.) deserving effort, attention, or respect

 

…That day, the day Sungjong knew the truth. He screamed and yelled to the doctor. He was only 11 years old when he begged on his knees to save his brother; he cried his heart out in front of the doctor. He was only 11 years old when he knew why his parents were being unfair. No, life wasn’t fair. His brother couldn’t play at the beach with the sun shining, he couldn’t meet new friends under the sun, he couldn’t feel the warmth on summer, he simply couldn’t live his life to the fullest, and Sungjong hated it. He looked at Sungyeol’s face there were some reddened spot. And he knew, it wasn’t only a simple spot. They stung.

“I used thick clothes… And still they found their way to my skin. He barely needs GPS.” Sungyeol tried to make a joke. “Hey… You know you look so damn handsome without that pout right?”

“Hyung… Promise me…”

“What?”

“What ever happen next time. Do not risk yourself like that…”

“Why is that? I thought I’ve told you what I wanted to do. It wasn’t like I wanted to play under the sun… I’m a lot smarter than that.”

“I know. Just promise me… It hurts to see you like this…”

“I’m sorry Sungjong-ah… I promise okay…” he smiled.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol’s phone rang for the tenth time. He looked at his bedside clock, 2:00AM. Who the hell called in this time… ‘Soo’ he stared at that name for a while. When it rang again.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” He sounded exhausted.

“My room. Why?”

“Open the front door. Now.”

“Soo. I’m not in the mood to play around… I didn’t get much sleep toda…”

“Now.”

“Soo. Didn’t you hear me…”

“I’m not joking. Now. It’s raining. I’m freezing.” Sungyeol threw his phone and ran down the stairs. His parents had a seminar in Japan, and they left for a week. And Sungjong… That kid slept with his earplug on. It was raining heavily when he opened his door, Myungsoo was standing there, he was trying to take a shelter under the tree. It was useless. Sungyeol could see Myungsoo was dripping wet. Myungsoo ran inside and Sungyeol locked the door. He was confused and happy at the same time.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“You got burn.”

“What?”

“Sungjong texted. He said you got burn. Can I get a towel Sungyeol?” Myungsoo said, his eyes looked tired and pissed.

“oh yeah. Sure, come upstairs…” They walked to Sungyeol’s room. He gave Myungsoo a clean towel and Myungsoo walked to the bathroom to change. After a while he walked outside and found Sungyeol was holding a mug filled with hot chocolate.

“Here… Drink it...” Myungsoo nodded and took a sip. “What are you doing here again? And ‘you got burn’ doesn’t make any sense. I need answer…”

“You got burn is the reason. What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“What?! I thought Woolimy was going to die okay! He ran out of the house. Sungjong would be so devastated if he died!”

“No . Imagine how would Sungjong killed himself if you lose your sight!” Myungsoo snapped, Sungyeol’s eyes got wide. “No. You won’t give me any stupid reason about how Woolimy is so important to Sungjong, that, I know. Or how the passing cars could kill a cat, that, I also know. But apparently, you, out of all the smartest people I have known of, don’t know about a cat’s reflexes!” he caught his breath and took another sip of his beverage.

“I know. I’m sorry okay. I did it without thinking…”

“Promise me you won’t do it again.”

“What’s with all these promises people want me to make?!?! First Sungjong, then you.”

“Can you please just promise me? It’s not that hard to say yes you know. You just need to keep it. That’s the hardest part.”

“Okay. Okay… I promise okay.”

“Good. Now… Kiss me?”

“Ya! Kim Myung Soo!”

“What? I don’t get to see you in weeks… You have to thank me for not asking more than a kiss you know.” Myungsoo pouted and put his glass on the desk beside Sungyeol’s desk. He saw Sungyeol bit his lips. “What?? Don’t tell me you don’t love me anymore…”

“You know… My parents are out of town… And Sungjong is literary dead when he sleeps…” Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo with his big doe eyes.

“Oh…” Myungsoo then found his way to Sungyeol’s lips.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

“Soo…”

“Hmm?”

“Last night you said Sungjong texted you…”

“Yeah… We’ve been texting for a while since I went to Seoul. Mostly to ask how have you been doing.”

“Oh…”

“And apparently my little Jongie told me you barely go out.”

“Oh…”

“Well??” Myungsoo looked at the latter who had been snuggling and breathing trough his neck in between his hairs.

“What?”

“Start talking. Why don’t you go out? Why did you sulk inside your room?”

“Because I don’t want to.”

“Tell me the truth Yeol”

“That was it Soo…” Myungsoo retreated and pushed Sungyeol aside.

“I won’t touch you and let you touch me if you don’t tell me the truth!”

“Yah!” Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo again and hugged him tight. Okay okay… Stay put. Don’t move.”

“Start talking!”

“Because I don’t want to go out alone okay. I don’t have any friends here.”

“You have Sungjong…”

“I have a super boring life and to state the obvious. I’m a night owl. Sungjong has his life already. He has to attend school every morning to afternoon, I don’t have the heart to take his time to rest.”

“I did it with you back then…”

“I did push you away remember.”

“Yeah… You slammed your door on my face, told me to go home already because I had school the day after. And you did it for a week.”

“But you kept coming and cried…”

“Shut up.”

“You cried and held my hands so tight” Sungyeol laughed. “You even begged to be homeschooled so that you could be with me.”

“Sush, I guess I’ve loved you all along. I have missed you like hell you know.” Myungsoo said and looked and Sungyeol. The latter was smiling at him.

“Soo…”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you…”

“Thank you for what?”

“For coming back here just to see me.”

“You’re worth the time and I love you more than I hate the miles.” He held Sungyeol’s hand tightly and made a mental promise to himself that he will never let his hand go… never…

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hellloo again! how was your weekend? :D have you guys seen Sungyeol's new hair? He looks so fine. I still prefer him with the long hair though. and multiple piercings. ahhh Yeol!! *fan girling for a while, pardon me* pictures below arent mine. credits to the owner:D

not to forget... MYUNGYEOL moment. Where are you touching L?!?!