Facade

Melancholia

facade fəˈsäd|(also façade )

(n) an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality

 

still Myungsoo's flashback.

 

Myungsoo kept staring at his parents when they talked. He barely heard what they were talking about. All he heard was…’We’re leaving…’ ‘Monsoo is sick, he needs a better environment for his health…” “Your grandparents house…’ and none of their conversation had the question he used to hoped for… Do you want to come with us? His mom was crying and said sorry… Myungsoo just didn’t get it. How hard it was to take him with them? Or to let his mom stayed with him? Or anything really… Myungsoo didn’t wave goodbye or utter the word see you again when they left. He stood in front of the door and stared. His parents said they’ll visit him regularly… That’s what they said…

 

It was 5 minutes before they were leaving when his brother knocked his room…

“Hyung, can I come in?”

“Yeah…” he said inside his room. “What’s wrong?” he asked his brother when he saw him holding his tears back.

“I’m sorry… It’s not that they don’t love you, you know that don’t you…” Myungsoo took a glance at his brother… “You’re a lot stronger than I am so they thought you’ll do good even when you’re alone… I’m sorry.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for. I won’t come even if the ask me to come.”

“Hyung…”

“I know okay…” Myungsoo opened his drawer and took a plaid shirt. “They’re disgusted because of my confession.”

“Hyung… That’s not it okay… You’re their son. They love you no matter what…”

“What a bullcrap that is.” Myungsoo gave his brother a faint smile. And changed to his clothes.

“Monsoo… We’re leaving. Where’s Myungsoo?” Their mom yelled…

“Okay mom, we’re in Myungsoo’s room.” Monsoo replied. Both of them went to the living room.

“We’re leaving now… be good okay Myungsoo…” His mom said and smiled slightly. Myungsoo nodded. He patted his brother back when he hugged him. And so did his mom. The three of them walked outside, and saw his dad was waiting inside the car already, he didn’t even look at Myungsoo.

“You’ll be okay Myungsoo-ya… Your father is just…”

“It’s okay mom…” he locked the door.

“Hyung… Dad’s just…”

“It’s okay really.” He turned around. “I’m not sorry for telling the truth to you guys. And he simply couldn’t accept it.” He smiled. “And I’m not sorry for being gay either.”

 

Myungsoo literary ran to Sungyeol’s house. Mrs.Lee was surprised when he saw Myungsoo all teary and out of breathe. She was a nice lady though she didn’t being all nosy and just said.

“He’s inside his room.” And smiled. Myungsoo nodded and walked as fast as possible to Sungyeol’s room. He bursted into tears right after he saw Sungyeol. Sungyeol, being a nice best friend as he was, didn’t ask anything and just hugged Myungsoo and his best friend’s hair. Until a half hour later he decided to ask.

“What happened?”

“They left already…”

“Your parents?” Myungsoo nodded on Sungyeol’s lap. Somehow he liked it that way, sleeping on Sungyeol’s lap while he was playing with his hair. He found comfort within.

“I thought you don’t want to come with them, so I guess you changed your mind the moment they left?” Myungsoo didn’t move, he had lied to Sungyeol. Not 100% lied he had thought… It was the truth, partly. That’s what his parents said; they’re leaving because Monsoo was sick. And he didn’t want to come with them. He just didn’t tell Sungyeol that Monsoo sickness was a ing asthma. He just didn’t tell Sungyeol the reason why everything was too sudden, was because his father couldn’t stand the fact that he was gay… He just didn’t tell Sungyeol his father only needed 3 days to decide that they’re going to leave unless Myungsoo become straight, he found that amusing really. He himself couldn’t do anything about it. So Myungsoo thought, he had told Sungyeol the truth, at least a quarter of it.

“No… Its just hurts…” this was the truth.

 

“You’ll be okay. You have me here.” Sungyeol smiled. Myungsoo stared at him and smiled back…

 

Yes, I’ll be okay, as long as I have you.

 

------------------------------------------

 

no one's POV. now. the situation continues from the Hidden chapter and the Secret(s) chapter first paragraph.

 

 

“Soo…” Sungyeol woke up and got surprised when he saw Myungsoo was snuggling on his back…

“Hmm…” Myungsoo hummed.

“I thought you’ve woken up…”

“I did… I fell asleep again…” he mumbled.

“That I can tell… I’m sorry I wake you up.” He looked at his clock. 5:00PM and heard the rain. He walked to the window and peeked outside. No sunlight he thought. He pulled the blanket up to Myungsoo’s shoulder and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. He hissed a bit when the cold water hit his wrist. He took off the band-aid and looked at his scars and sighed. Sungyeol didn’t know how was he feeling. He was either glad his boyfriend hadn’t found out or upset that his boyfriend still hadn’t realized it. I’m such a bipolar, he thought. But it was the truth, he was glad because it was some sort of his runaway. And upset because Myungsoo just doesn’t know me that well, if he does, he would’ve realized that I lied. Sungyeol had finally finished taking his shower; he had planned a bunch of foods to eat later on with Myungsoo.  He found Myungsoo sitting on the edge of the bed…

“Lee Sung Yeol…” Myungsoo had never called his full name before. Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo.

“What?”

“What are these?” Myungsoo pointed at something on the table.

 

 

 

My razors.