Avoid

Melancholia

Avoid |əˈvoid|

keep away from or stop oneself from doing (something)

• contrive not to meet (someone)

• not go to or through (a place)

• prevent from happening

 

 

“So this is our apartment.” Myungsoo smiled. “Just like other Korean houses, take off your shoes here, and put it on the rack. I have put all of your boxes that came yesterday in the living room. Come…” Myungsoo held Sungyeol’s hand and literary drag the poor guy for a small tour.

“So this is the living room. Nothing much really, I took all of my stuff back home here…to suppress the expenses you know. So you’ve seen pretty much some of the furniture here, that’s your boxes. On your left hand side, is the kitchen and again, nothing much here to see. The door beside the kitchen is the guest toilet. And right across, is our room.” Myungsoo smiled and wondered when he saw Sungyeol was chuckling. “What’s so funny?”

“You. I’ve never heard you talk this much.”

“Well. I’m excited to have you here. So just bear with it okay. Comeeee~” Myungsoo dragged Sungyeol all over again. “Tadaaa… so, this is our room.” Myungsoo smiled when he opened the door. Sungyeol peeked inside.

“This is…”

“Yeah? Awesome right?” Myungsoo’s eyes sparkled. Sungyeol chuckled, never in his life he saw the latter show this side of his.

“No… neat is the right word…”

“What?” Myungsoo glared at Sungyeol, and the latter only smiled.

“Neat has never been the exact word for you.”

“Well umm… I …” Myungsoo scratched his head, “I tidied everything up before you got here. Umm… Well, first impression counts you see.” Sungyeol kissed him. “What does that for?”

“Thank you, but I don’t really care if your room was a shipwreck anyway. You’ve got me on our-room already.” He kissed Myungsoo again.

 

 

 

 

It took a while to unpack Sungyeol’s boxes, mostly are his clothes and books. Yes, Sungyeol brought books. And yes, one of the boxes came from IKEA, and yes, it was his bookshelf. Myungsoo had always wondered if Sungyeol was as normal as him, went to school, socialized and everything, he had to be the nerds. Considering Myungsoo was kind of, an … He barely read if it wasn’t for exam. And he had Sungyeol to help him for his home works and assignments, so yeah, Sungyeol was pretty much his exact opposite, if he went to school. And he probably would never be his boyfriend, never befriend with him or his friends most probably. Cause Woohyun would just to death. Hoya would… do nothing. He’s Hoya for Godsake.

 

Speaking of the devil, the bell rang.

“Are we expecting for someone Soo?” Sungyeol asked while arranging his books.

“No…” Myungsoo stared at the door for a while, and then growled. “.”

“What’s wrong?”

“That must be Woohyun…” Myungsoo yanked his own hair. Why did i tell him Sungyeol is coming today, .

“Oh… Open the door then.”

“No. Let him starve outside and die... ARRGHHHH” Sungyeol tilted his head.

“That’s not nice. Let me open the door for him.” Sungyeol walked to the door leaving Myungsoo (still) yanking his hair.

 

 

 

 

“Hi…”

“OH! Hello! Sushhh. Umm… You’reeeee….” Woohyun pretended to think “Let me guess, Sungyeol huh? The cute guy I met back then”

“Yes." Sungyeol chuckled, "Come in…”

“See, I’m good at remembering attractive people’s name.”

“Shut up, Myungsoo is going to kill you Nam.” Woohyun laughed upon hearing Hoya.

“Oh yeah, Sungyeol this is Howon, or Hoya he prefers. Hoya, this is Sungyeol, is Myungsoo’s boyfriend, soon to be mine…”

“I heard that. If you want to come inside my apartment, better take your words back.” Myungsoo appeared behind Sungyeol’s back, hand gripping Sungyeol’s waist. “Come in Hoya.” Hoya took off his shoes and walked inside.

“Hey!” Myungsoo had pushed Sungyeol to his back and blocked Woohyun’s way.

“Take it back.”

“Okay okayy. I take it back. He’s yours. Forever be yours.” He took off his shoes as well, Myungsoo had moved aside. Woohyun then walk passed the two off them and sprint off to the toilet while screaming.

“WHO KNOWS HE’LL FALL FOR ME THOUGH!!!! I AM JUST THAT GOODDDDDDD” Myungsoo shook his head.

“You won’t, will you Yeol?” Myungsoo asked.

“No, of course not.” He smiled.

 

 

 

 

“What brings you two here?” Myungsoo kept his eyes on Sungyeol when he gave his friends soda.

“Me? This guy literary kidnapped me.” Hoya opened the can while pointing at Woohyun.

“What? Dongwoo was still at the café, so you were doing nothing anyway. So why not we visit Myungsoo.”

“But he obviously feel disturbed by your presence Nam.” Hoya said. 

“No he’s not.”

“Yes he is.”

“Shut up. Anyway, how was your trip Sungyeollieee~?”

“It was fine, I fell asleep. But it doesn’t take as long as I thought”

“Yeah? Probably because you took the evening train. What do you want to see first here in Seoul?” Woohyun asked.

“Umm… I don’t know Seoul that much, so I don’t really know what’s good here.”

“And… it’s my job to take him around, not yours.” Myungsoo said, glaring at Woohyun, who was smirking.

“Wow, chill out okay. I’m trying to be friend with the guy here.”

“I don’t know you have this protective side, L” Hoya chuckled, Myungsoo sat still.

“L?” Sungyeol asked.

“Loner. It stands for loner. I was a loner at junior high.” Myungsoo answered Sungyeol, while giving the shut-the-f-up look to Hoya and Woohyun. No matter how annoying they were, they’ll cover for Myungsoo if it was necessary.

“Oh… I thought you’re quite famous, with all of the letters…”

“That loner side of Myungsoo added another charm to him, so that’s probably why he was quite popular.” Hoya said.

“Mysterious and handsome, aaahhh myungsoo oppaaa~” Woohyun mocked Myungsoo. Sungyeol laughed, he had never known it. In fact, he had never known anything about Myungsoo if it comes to his school. Well, Myungsoo did show him all the letters and all the chocolates, he did tell him about two good friends of his, and about his assignments. Nothing much than that, Sungyeol had concluded himself that Myungsoo was popular, and was an anti social. He made a mental note to ask Woohyun and Hoya to tell him more about Myungsoo at school.

“What are you guys planning to do? I see you have unpacked your stuff. It’s only … 11, should we go out and celebrate your arrival?” Woohyun asked.

“No, he needs to rest.” Myungsoo said.

“You’re such a party pooper. He dragged me all the way here, and you refused to go out? I was planning to take Dongwoo too if we’re going out” Hoya nagged. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol,

“Do you want to go?” he asked

“I don’t see why not, I’m an owl anyway.” Sungyeol smiled.

“See. Now go get change, you call Dongwoo hyung.”Woohyun stood up and kept pushing the couple to change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nam…” Myungso called Woohyun

“Sir yes sir” Woohyun answered lazily. Myungsoo checked at his room’s door and looked at his two friends.

“I love this kid so much.”

“Umm… we do know that already, since high school.” Woohyun said while playing with his phone.

“No. I’m serious.” Myungsoo took his phone. “You do know he really. REALLY REALLY. I’m telling you, 100% have no idea about him.”

“We do know that okay, I’ll keep my mouth shut, now give me back my phone! I need to text Min Ji, she said she wanted to come, but I told her I’ll give her a visit later. And she keeps teasing me. Gosh.”

“Why again did I be friend with you?” Myungsoo sighed.

“Hey, Myungsoo. Don’t you think it’s best for you to just tell the kid all about your past. Like all of them, I know you’ve told him about your family and all of that. BUT, judging the way he looks at you, I’m pretty sure, he’ll accept you and your mistakes.”

“You know what, he’s on the other side of the wall, this is not the best timing to be my counselor.” Myungsoo whispered.

“Just saying. It will hurt him even badly if he knows it from someone else.”

“I know okay. I know. I just don’t have the right time to tell him.”

“You better find the right time as soon as possible Soo.” Woohyun mumbled.

“And why is that? Why the hell are you two pushing me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Because he’s in town.” Hoya stared Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------​---------------------

who is he?? :D can anybody guess. well i have never put any hint about the guy. but throw me your best answer. so the past three chapters had been.... emotional. yes? no? So this one is the neutralizer. (is that even a word) so anyway. happy reading! :D