Revelation

Melancholia

Revelation |ˌrevəˈlāSHən|

(n) a surprising and previously unknown fact, esp. one that is made known in a dramatic way

• the making known of something that was previously secret or unknown

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo was running, hands keep pressing his phone frantically. It was 4:40, exactly 33 minutes before the sun began to rise, he had checked the national weather as usual. He was waiting for Sungyeol but he didn’t even come home. Pick up Yeol… Pick up… he thought. He couldn’t even think straight right now. Still there’s no answer. He had looked over the coffee shop along the road but they were closed, why are they closed, where the are you Yeol. Closed. Closed. Closed. . He ran and catched his breathe a while. He was staring blankly when he saw a blinking 24/7 sign. And he began running again.

 

 

Still… Sungyeol wasn’t there.

 

 

5:13 the sun was rising. Myungsoo stood still.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

He didn’t do anything that day, except for calling Sungyeol for the hundredth time. And still, he didn’t answer his call. He ended up calling Hoya again.

“Hello?”

“Ho won-ah…”

“Why? Did you find him?” silenced… “So… You didn’t?” Myungsoo was surprised by how his quiet friend was a good observer.

“I ran from block to block, went inside every single coffee shop, and still. There’s no sign of him. He’s gone.”

“He’s not. Beside you, do you know anyone that he knows in Seoul?”

“You. And Nam. And… no one.”

“He’ll come back home Myungsoo. He will…”

“What if he won’t? I practically kicked him out last night.”

“He will. Are you coming to class?”

“No…”

“Okay…”

“Hoya…?”

“Yes?”

“What would you do if you were me and Sungyeol was Dongwoo hyung?” this time, Hoya didn’t make any sound.

“I… I honestly don’t know what to do. But I’ll make sure every second he spent, would be easier to get through. And I’ll make sure, that’s because of me.” Hoya took a breath, “But that’s because I know, how vulnerable Sungyeol looks like, Dongwoo is a lot more fragile. He won’t be as strong as Sungyeol.”

“Excuse me?”

“Dongwoo would just pushed everybody away, but your guy doesn’t. He makes the best out of it instead. You’re lucky.” Myungsoo let a tear slipped down to his cheek, “to have a best friend, boyfriend and a true love, and they’re all the same person. Him. I need to go okay. I have class. See you later?”

“Yeah… thanks…”

“Hmm. Don’t mention it.”

 

Myungsoo broke down.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol thanked the coffee shop’s owner for letting him stay. Byunghun had asked him to stay in his apartment, but he figured it would hurt Myungsoo if he knew. So he politely refused and saw a glimpse of disappointment on the guy’s eyes. It was 7PM and getting dark already, he thought another cup of coffee won’t hurt, and then I’ll go home. He was sipping his coffee when he heard a familiar voice.

“Sungyeol! You’re Sungyeol right?!”

“Um… yes…”

“Do you remember me?” Sungyeol looked puzzled. Well, the guy is smart, but he couldn’t remember names or faces. “Dongwoo! We met several times. Wait… YAH!!! LEE HO WON!!” he shouted.

“Sssshtt it’s a coffee shop you dino. You shouldn’t… oh… Sungyeol-ah…” Hoya was staring at Sungyeol. And Sungyeol knew, Myungsoo had told his friends already.

“Can we sit with you??” Dongwoo had asked and Sungyeol nodded. It’s not polite to refuse a guy as sweet as him.

“I didn’t know you like coffee, or this place. I thought you’re the chocolate milk type of person.” Dongwoo said.

“No… I love” he emphasized that word a bit, “coffee. Second best thing that will keep me sane”

“Yeah??? Have you tried the cappuccino éclair then? You must’ve liked it as well. It’s an éclair…” Dongwoo thought for a while, “With a hint of cappuccino flavor.” Sungyeol giggled.

“I think he gets the whole idea of cappuccino éclair Woo. The name itself has make it clear.”

“Oh yeah. Right. Well I didn’t! I thought it was a drink or something. When I bought it the first time, I found the owner was weird he asked my ‘what do you want to drink?’” Hoya giggled, and it was quite a surprise for Sungyeol, he had never seen Hoya this… cute… no… flirty… no. He couldn’t find the right word. But Hoya is a very different person when he’s with Dongwoo.

“Talking about éclairs, I’m going to get some, I’ll get one for you to try to Sungyeol-ah!” Dongwoo stood up, not even waiting for an agreement from Sungyeol.

 

 

It was an awkward 2 minutes in his life for Hoya kept staring at him. Sungyeol had decided to break the ice.

“So…”

“Have you called Myungsoo yet?

“Sorry?”

“He was worried to death.”

“Oh.”

“Where did you stay last night?”

“Here.”

“I think you should…”

“I left my phone back in the apartment… I think I left it on silence as well…”

“Do you want me to…?” Sungyeol nodded. Hoya took his phone and dialed Myungsoo’s number, and gave the phone to Sungyeol.

 

 

Sungyeol walked away and waited.

“Hello?”

“…….Hello…”

“Sungyeol-ah!” Sungyeol shut his eyes. Myungsoo’s voice was filled with sadness.

“I…”

“Where are you?”

“At the coffee shop.”

“With Hoya?”

“We bumped into each other.”

“Where?”

“At the coffee shop.”

“No. Where is this coffee shop? I’m coming to pick you up.”

“It’s okay. I’ll walk home.”

“Let me pick you up.”

“No. I’ll walk home.”

“Yeol…”

“What?”

“Please… I’ve missed you.” Sungyeol blinked.

“It was only a night, beside you were… Never mind. It’s the coffee shop beside the Chinese restaurant we’ve always ordered.”

“Oh… I’ll be there. Don’t go anywhere. Stay there.” He hung up the phone. Sungyeol stared at the phone for a while; it was Dongwoo being Dongwoo as Hoya’s wallpaper. The picture made him smile.

 

 

“Whom were you talking to?” Dongwoo asked

“Why so nosy?” Hoya said.

“Why not? So… Who did you called?” he asked again.

“It was Myungsoo.”

“AHH… that guy…” Dongwoo sighed, “I hate him. Life is not fair you know.” Sungyeol tilted his head.

“Why is that?”

“Have you seen his madafaka nose?!?! Or the way he stares at people, if a look could kill, I would be one of his victim.” Dongwoo said and gave Sungyeol a éclair.

“He has this huge crush toward your guy.” Hoya said, “That’s why I like to keep him away from Myungsoo. You can only look at me Woo!”

“I will always look at you okay, you’ll be my first choice…” Dongwoo smiled and gave Hoya a spoonful of éclair.

“I think this couple is pretty popular huh?” Hoya chuckled.

“Yeah? How is that possible, Myungsoo is popular as I’ve heard. I’m not.” Sungyeol shyly said.

“Well, Woohyun have a tiny bit of a crush on you too. So that makes you…” Hoya’s word got cut off…

 

 

“Say what again? Should I be expecting a good drama here?” Hoya stared at the guy.

“What are you doing here?”

“Do you know each other?” Sungyeol asked, with his eyes wide opened.

“Yeah, he was at the same high school as I was. How was your night Sungyeol?” Byunghun smiled.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Hoya asked, now he had stood up, alongside with Dongwoo.

“What now? I’m not allowed to say hi to my friend?” he said.

“What’s wrong Hoya???” Sungyeol asked. He looked extremely puzzled right now.

“He’s not supposed to be here.” Dongwoo answered.

“And why?? It’s a public place… What is wrong with you two?”

“See, Sungyeol is right. This IS a public place; I can come whenever I want to. But if you don’t want me to, I’ll leave…” Byunghun looked at Sungyeol. “I will see you later then?”

“No, please stay… It’s fine Hoya, I know the guy…” Byunghun nodded, smiling slyly.

“No you don’t Sungyeol.” Dongwoo said.

“Since when I got dictated who I can be friend with?”

“You don’t want to do this Sungyeol. He’s…” Hoya couldn’t finish his sentence for what happened the next second.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo was running again, he couldn’t wait to meet Sungyeol, to hug him, and tell him to stay, tell him that he was sorry. The coffee shop was pretty far; he had thought why Sungyeol had to go that far and it came to his mind, what he had said, hurt Sungyeol this much. He had pushed Sungyeol away, when he had to do the exact opposite. Sungyeol was hurting for Godsake and he asked him to get out of his apartment. Myungsoo was in between shocked and angry when he saw that figure, standing closely to Sungyeol, his Sungyeol. He could see how Hoya tried to held his urge to punch Byunghun… And apparently, Myungsoo couldn’t. He darted to where they were seated, which thankfully in the back, pretty hidden, and pushed Byunghun against the wall.

 

 

“What the are you doing here.” He gritted. And Byunghun growled.

“YAH! Kim Myung Soo!! Let go of him!!” Sungyeol yelled, Hoya grabbed his wrist and held Sungyeol back. “What the hell?! Let go of me!”

 “I said. DO NOT GO NEAR HIM!” Myungsoo spat and tighten his grip to Byunghun’s collar.

“Myung Soo!”

“WHAT?! YEOL, WHAT?!! Did he hurt you?! Did he touched you?!”

“NO HE DIDN’T! LET GO OF HIM, NOW!” Sungyeol was confused, what the hell is wrong with him, what did Byunghun do, he was a nice guy. “Myungsoo yah!”

“WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU HELPED A STALKER LIKE HIM?!?”

“What?”

“HE STALKED YOU! HE ING STALKED YOU!”

“It was a coincidence! We met here last night accidentally!!!”

“It WASN’T a coincidence!” Myungsoo spat. Sungyeol looked at Hoya and Dongwoo, asking for their help, to explain things to him, what is wrong with his boyfriend, Myungsoo had never been like this before, eyes filled with anger.

 

 

“You’re not worthy for him…” Byunghun managed to speak. “He doesn’t deserve you.” He said and by that, he had justified Myungsoo’s statement.

 

 

“You… have been stalking me?” Sungyeol felt disgusted, he remember his words…

 

 

 

"And the poem was made for you."

YOU

I can hear the cheers on the distance

My senses have been gone for too long

If they prick, how do I not bleed

If they scream, how do I not hear

And for the first time,

My heart is beating once more

Blood is flowing again

I yearn to be yours

I long for you

To be mine.

Be mine.

And only mine.

 
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so.... yeah........ L.joe is my bias in teentop dont get me wrong okay. :') i think i'm going to do a 100 fics challenge. because i have this... bunch of drabbles, they have been wandering aroung my head. and i need to write it down, gah. anyway. i hope, this update isnt as crappy as i thought. :'( hello new subscribers, thank you for subscribing. hello readers. i love you! :')