Concert with a Disguise

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

Then I saw a smirk form on her lips.

I have a plan.


“… And your plan is to getting me to put on a disguise? Ah, jeongmal, Min? Jeongmal? I sighed as we stop by a shop full of beauty products, wigs, coloured contact lenses, false eyelashes, clothes, shoes—all those crazy stuff.

I cannot believe that I actually snuck out of my own shelter and jumped out from my window which is like, somewhat six stories tall. At least I jumped onto a tree and climbed downit has been a while using my agility in nature and all I thought with a roll of my eyes.

Min giggled, her eyes fixing on finding something, “Of course! If you don’t want your step-mom or Min-Ae to spot you, the least you can do is to get a disguise and go to the concert!”

She got a point. I mean what else? It’s not like there’s some kind of invisible cloak you can wear to prevent the world from seeing you.

“Still, Minnie, I doubt SHINee could even recognize me! I mean, you saw how I looked without my glasses, remember?” I told her with raised eyebrows. She nodded in reply.

“Ne, ne, you really looked like a total different person! It’s just perfect! If Min-Ae can’t recognize you, nobody can!” Min spoke out with pride, satisfied with her plan before shoving a short light blonde hair wig at me along with a top, shorts, socks and shoes at me. I felt myself being pushed into the changing room.

“Now change up! And give me your glasses! I’ll pay for the clothes, arraseo? And I’ll find some contact lenses for you!”

I hear her voice from behind the closed curtain and I sighed, seeing that I have no other choice and gave her my glasses.

It seems like 3 minutes trying to adjust the wig and make sure none of my hair were poking out, brushing the bangs to make it seems what it looked like on display.

I came out the changing room and I could see that blurry brown head, knowing it was Min. I can’t see her expression, but I can hear her gasp in awe—she really thought that I look like a different person with the blonde wig on, huh?

Amazingjust amazing it could work! I hear her breathed out, her voice showing surprise. I gave her a small smile and my cheeks grew red when she started squealing how cute I’d look.

“Girl, you look beautiful even with blonde hair, omo, would you like to dye your hair blonde?” She suggested and I grimaced at the thought of even colouring my hair a different colour. Though it may look good on me, I like to keep my hair colour natural.

Min aniyo, ani, I would never!” I narrowed my eyes at her and I hear her laugh. I watched her in my blurry vision as she stood up.

“Arraseo, now let’s go to the bathroom and put on these cool pale-blue coloured contact lenses—yes Mi-chan, you’ll be able to see clearly with them, relax. Yes, I got them according how you see with your glasses, and stop looking at me like that!” And the conversation went on like that as she guided me to the bathroom, getting ready for the concert.


Min was right when she said I look amazing—I do like a totally different person! There’s no way Min-Ae can recognize me from this! But this is just a one night-stand, after this concert, this disguise is out and it is never coming back again.

Min and I were already in line – second in line, to be honest. My heart sped from nervousness and I breathed in and out to calm myself, but it just wasn’t working. I felt a hand on my back and I looked to see Min smiling at me.

“No worries, you’ll get in. Will you stop being so nervous!” She reassured me. I knew she was trying to help me but it wasn’t working! My head feels light-headed and I felt like my mental floating everywhere – I couldn’t even remember what was the name of the concert I’m entering or the area we’re in!

“I know… but I’m so nervous! This is my first time going to a concert—and at this age, jinjja!” I exclaimed, Min chuckling at my nervous outburst.

We were then in front, seeing the bouncer. I almost whimpered—he looked tall. He looked down at us and smiled at Min. “Annyeonghaseyo, Min. Nice to see you again. Here with a friend this time?”

I could see Min nodding from the corner of my eyes. Then she pulled out her VIP tickets and her backstage passes. I felt her nudge my arm and I realized that I should do the same.

He looked over them, making sure they were valid before he nodded, granting us entrance.

I could have sworn my heart would just burst into seams as I shyly thanked him and entered into the humongous stadium where the concert was held. I was then dragged by Min, going down the stairs and onto the front row seats.

Wah, we even get to sit on the front seats and see them up close!

Wow, Im really turning one of those fangirls right now.

I was in awe, looking around, seeing the place full of girls, along with a few boys here and there. I froze when I saw Min-Ae and my step-mom there in the back, middle row. Her face looked so happy and she wouldn’t stop bouncing in her seats, looking around impatiently as she held the glow sticks in her hands. My breath hitched when her gaze then went to me, but I sighed in relief when it quickly passed by, her eyes going onto somewhere else.

Thank goodness, she didn’t know it was me. I guess the disguise worked, then…

 I turned around and checked my watch—it should be starting now. I examined the building a little more. The stage was just in front of me, and I’d be damned if I ever got SHINee performing this close to me. It was large and wide, too! I saw this same stage I’ve seen idols performing on TV, except that I’m seeing it for real!

No, jinjja, I think Im really turning into a fangirl now I thought with a soft giggle to myself.

I felt Min nudging me and I turned to her, but instead of her face, I saw green and pink glow sticks in front of me. I smiled at Min, who smiled back at me, and took the glow sticks from them, mouthing, “Gomawo” to her. Then, the room went dark and I knew that the concert was starting. The lights burst on and the crowd was already screaming. I could even hear Min screaming beside me, despite knowing how loud their screams were. I guess SHINee is extremely popular. No screams will ever be this loud. I saw them appear from the fog and I grinned, my eyes sparkling in awe. They looked so cool! Handsome and beautiful (in a manly way) too! Again, Im really turning into a fangirl its affecting me greatly now. I watched as they went into position, their faces never looked so serious than now. I pushed that thought away and stood up with the crowd, when the music started playing and I recognize it quickly.

It was Sherlock›, the dance they did in practice.

I waved my glow sticks as they did the dance, their voices carrying throughout the stadium—strong and powerful they shall be, and they were really shining up the performance even though it’s just the first part.

I moved my head to the beat, cheering them on. I think I’m beginning to have fun in this concert.

When the first song finished, another came on, ‹Dream Girl›. They seem to be trying their best to please their fans—after all, they are doing this to make them happy. Then I realized, when I saw smiles on their faces and the members seeing mistakes yet playing it off as a joke, their eyes teasing the said person who made a mistake in the dance. They weren’t just making their fans happy. They’re trying to make the moment pleasurable for themselves as well. After all, they are best friends, are they not? I smiled as I watched throughout the concert. It must be nice to have such close best friends who had been with you for five years, especially with those you have been training with, and since you had debuted. They must be strangers when they first got together, but seeing them now, they have gotten along.

Time passed and I find myself singing their song, ‹Beautiful› as they performed the song. I could hear them squealing when they performed cute actions, and cute gestures in the dance. I chuckled at Min, even she seem to be falling for her own cousin’s cuteness. What caught me the most was Jonghyun’s—his smile was just dazzling and I was drawn to him instantly. I blushed when he winked and I giggled (like a crazy fangirl).

I can listen to you, girl~
neoui modeun geol~ modeun geol~

But then I hear Taemin’s voice as he came up in front, a smile on his face. I stopped waving the glow sticks when he passed me by, but not without looking at me as he sung. His smile grew wider when he caught a glance at me and winked before turning away. I stare at him confused.

Did he know it was me?

Either way, I still enjoyed the concert. I had fun, especially with the talk they had with the fans, creating some laugh from the crowd. I was having so fun much that I had forgotten about my anger with Min-Ae, forgotten about my troubles and I felt like I could care less about what others say.

“Alright, we will do our last song to wrap up this concert we had prepared for you!” Key said through the microphone.

The girls moaned in disappointment—even I was saddened to hear that the concert was ending soon. But I giggled when Onew said, “No worries, my little babies~ (Yes, the girls squealed from that, and I laughed when he got smacked by Jonghyun) …We shall meet again in the next concert~! This will be the song you shall remember forever, ne?”

Ne! replied the crowd. I pouted and I made a grimace at Min when she nudged me, her face telling me, “stop-it-with-your-pouting.” I just stuck her tongue out at her and she laughed at this childish action of mine.

Then the song came on, and I remember the tune. It was Ayo›, right? Nevertheless, I laughed at when they would goof off on stage while one member was singing his part, spitting out water in one’s faces, playing with each other, dancing like silly little clowns and chasing each other. It must be fun to even do that on stage without a care in a world, without being serious for once.

It must be fun. I wonder Ill be like that if I was on a stage like this.

I grinned as they sang the chorus with such brightness and hope in their voices:

A-yo, himi deul ddaen
Doong tah dak rhythmae gidae.eo, oh
Neol hyanghan oori.ae noraero, oh
Modu a-yo, modu a-yo
A-yo, jam motdeul ddaen
Took teoleo rhythmae matgigo, oh
Pyeolcheojil naeilae gidaero, oh
Modu a-yo, modu a-yo

I find it strange, the song tells me that no matter how hard life is for you, you must always face it with a smile—no matter how much had happened today, always anticipate for tomorrow. I smiled, the words replaying in my head. I guess SHINee cares for their fans to even sing this, right? I grinned, my teeth showing as they bowed down—all but Taemin, who was smiling, waving while the crowd cheered for him until Minho and Jonghyun had to force him to bow down with the rest.

Its finally the end Ill never forget this day.