A Date(?) at the Park

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

“Trust me, I did…and…it was awesome.” I giggled.


It was a weekend, at last. I felt refreshed from that tiring night before. I lay still on my bed, staring at the ceiling while thinking of plans to do on a weekend until I heard my phone play out, “Coward Mont Blanc (ELECTROCUTICA White Remix)” by DECO*27 featuring GUMI. What? Okay, so I had time to listen to other music as well—this person was a really good composer, alright?

(A/N: As much I love KPOP, I also like Vocaloid and Nano and DECO*27. Deal with it~ kekeke~)

I picked up my phone and looked at the screen. It was Minho calling me. I answered the phone and pressed it to my ear, answering, “Yeobeseyo, Minho what do you want?” I said straightforwardly and I heard a fake hurt chuckle.

Ouch, Mi-ja ah, is that how you answer phone calls? Aish, you babo meanie, that was hurtful~ I chuckled and I could practically hear him sticking his tongue out at me from the other side.

“Aish, shut up. I’m not mean, you meanie.” I laughed and he laughed as well. My heart fluttered when he did that—I can hear his laugh right in my ears. I bit my lips, wanting to calm my beating heart.

“So, why did you call me, Minho?” I asked and I heard him take a breath. Was he nervous? Seems like it.

Well, I was wonderingif you want to go out with meif you want to.

Silence… My mouth was open and my face was burning red when I thought onto his words.

“M-M-Mwo…?” I stuttered and I guess he realized what he said because he then said,

I-I-I mean, not like as a date but like, um, ehhhh, a hang-out or a get-together as, as, asfriends! N-Ne, its something like that! He was stuttering as well, and I could feel his face growing red in embarrassment.

“Omona, Minho-ah, you scared me!” I whined, placing a hand on my chest to calm my now rapid heart. “I thought you were asking me out! I…I’m not ready for that yet!” I pouted at this shock. He could only let out a nervous chuckle. “Hmm, I’ll go, but what about your schedule?”

I have nothing until evening. Taemin, Onew and Jonghyun got radio talk and Keys on a musical rehearsal. I nodded before I realized he can’t really see me nod.

“Ah, I see… you’re free until the evening. Well, where shall we meet up?”

I heard silence from the other line and I assumed that he’s thinking. He finally spoke, How about the park? Its not that far down from the university, only a bus away and around the corner from that small general store.

I considered this for a while before I nodded, “Sure, I’ll go there and meet up with you.”

Great! I can hear him grinning and I smiled at this, I may be late though, wait for me? He pleaded and I replied with an Mhm~

“Ne, I’ll wait for you.” I said softly. I hear his breath hitch before mumbling an Annyeong to me and hung up the phone. I looked at my phone in wonder before I set it down onto my nightstand and got out of my bed to go and get ready for our meeting. (And prepare myself for questions from Min-Ae…)


I waited at the park, swinging myself to the beat in my head as I waited for Minho. I’m so glad Min-Ae didn’t push my buttons otherwise I’d never make it.

I looked at my watch—still almost afternoon. He did say he’d be a little late, and I wondered what’s making him so late. Maybe traffic from the house? I mentally shrugged, I don’t know the reason. I fixed my red and white plait jacket and smoothed down my white blouse. I had my hair up into a messy bun (again… I like putting my hair up for some odd reason). I tapped the ground with my black converses, the grass being crushed underneath my feet.

I can feel the heat beating down on me and I realized that it’s quite a sunny day. I looked around for some shade and I saw a big tree with a lot of shade around it. It was tall and large and it practically hovered over, making a large shadow. Thats a perfect spot for me, I thought with a slight nod of my head.

I walked over to it and smoothing my jeans down, I sat down, enjoying the coolness of the shade. I could hear birds chirping on the branches underneath me and the wind brushing past my hair gently. I closed my eyes, enjoying the atmosphere of the park. I was so into it, I hadn’t realized that I’ve fallen asleep, my head nodding over to the side as I leaned against the tree, my hands placed on my lap.

I hadn’t realized that a certain dark haired male had already arrived and saw me sleeping.


A/N: Short chapter, I know. D< GOD IT'LL BE LONGER IN THE FUTURE. maybe.