Back to Where It Was

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

And therefore, their point of views of their crazy adventures to complete the plan begins.


Earlier in the party before Su-Min’s failures

Min-Ae’s POV

I looked behind the door, making sure Mi-ja wasn’t behind us before Min pulled her arm out of my grasp, looking at me annoyed.

“Alright, let’s get this over with, I’ll be doing my job if you need me,” mumbled Min as she gripped tightly unto her bag, a Bluetooth headpiece inserted into her left ear, hidden behind her hair.

I frowned as I watched the female disappear into the partying crowd. I decided to relax for a few minutes or so before I get on with setting up the plan. A cute boy caught my attention, swirling a glass of beer near the bar area and I couldn’t help but hum in satisfactory. Before I even made one step toward him, my phone vibrating in my pocket, its ring tone not set. I wouldn’t be able to hear it with all those loud noises inside here anyways.

I took it and answered the call. “Yeobeseyo, is everything all set, Onew?”

“Yup, Manager-nim called Mi-ja just a minute ago. We’re behind the house now—”

OMG, look at the size of this building! She must be richer than I thought!” I could hear Key shrieking in the background, with Minho’s faint voice, yelling at him to be quiet.

Onew paused in his speech before sighing again, “As I was saying…we’re behind the house now. He dropped off us here—yah, where’s Taemin?”

Silence droned on. Then I heard a faint scream. “Omo, was that Taemin? …And why is he surrounded by noonas? …Oh god,” Jonghyun’s voice was heard in the background. A loud splash was obviously heard.

“And he’s down,” stated Key. I can see him staring at the scene with no interest before turning to Onew’s phone that had been set into loudspeakers. “Yeah, about that…he’s gone. Like, way gone, he’s down into the bottom of the pool after getting tackled by some noonas who, I don’t know how, found him and d him into that one particular place before he fell in.”

“Long story short,” Minho said. I could hear faint running footsteps. Must be Jonghyun going after the maknae. “He fell into the pool.”

“Good God,” I groaned, running a hand over my face. “Just get the damn maknae out of the pool before Su-Min and Mi-ja finds out that SHINee is actually here when they aren’t!” I looked around, seeing Mi-ja entering the building. “Mianhaemida, but I got to go. Mi-ja’s entering the party. I can’t let her find me suspicious. When I call you again, that’s your cue to enter.”

“Got it,” he told me before hanging up the call.

I quickly put my phone into my bag and walked to the cutie with a sweet smile. He must have noticed because he glanced at me.

“Why, hello there,” I said with a smile, almost as if there was a purr in my tone. “How are you?”

We talked only for a short while but it was nice. Whilst he wasn’t particular my type, he seems to be real nice guy. Plus, he’s cute! Then I’ve noticed that everything went silent in here and his head was turned, something else attracting his attention. Even the music stopped playing due to this. I looked and saw Mi-ja there. My eyes widened.

Even though I’ve seen her already, is it just me, or did she look even more attractive than before? Must be the makeup working its job.

I can see her panicking in the inside and felt uncomfortable with all the stares that were pointed at her. She looked around before meeting eyes with me. I was already in my ‘cold’ mode the moment she did, scoffing at her as I glared at her. I actually didn’t want to do that, but pretty much everyone knew me because of Park Kangdae, so I had to keep up the façade for a little longer.

Just a little longer, then I’ll destroy it.

When Su-Min came into the view, yelling at everyone, the party resumed. But I still kept my eyes on them. I gave the boy a quick smile as he excused himself, waving goodbye before looking back at them. Mi-ja looked perplexed with her before looking apologetic. She must be telling her of SHINee being unable to come. She continued talking until Su-Min stopped her, her hand held in front of her face. Behind her back as her other hand, fingers crossed. I scowled at this.

Mi-ja looked at me. I just looked away and began to walk off, not wanting to bear and watch the scene. As soon as I was out of her line of sight, I quickly got out my phone and called Onew’s number again. I held up to my ear, standing near the area where I could see the large back door, the pool distant from my sight.

“Onew,” I said after the call was answered. I’m so glad the music was loud or everybody would have heard me and begin to ask me questions. “Now is your cue to come out and—”

“…and like, she’s so pushy with this plan and it’s so annoying! Now I can understand why Mi-ja was ticked off with her, back when she didn’t even know that she was putting up a façade!” Key was saying from the background. I stood in silence as I overheard this conversation.

“Though I understand her motives to save Mi-ja, I agree with you, hyung – she seems to be a little bit demanding than usual. Huh, well, at least that’s what we know from Min,” said Taemin.

My eyebrows twitched.

“That’s exactly the point, Taemin! Although Su-Min’s worse than her, but at least Min-Ae gives us privacy!”

Exactly! I give you all privacy unlike that !

“But right now, surely she’s just being a pushover and her attitude earlier to you being in the pool was plain rude,Key retorted, not fully aware that I may be listening to him right now—and that I may be fuming mad. I growled silently when I heard the rest of SHINee agree with his statement.

“That’s true. Min-Ae noona is so mean!”

…Excuse me?” I said into the phone. I heard their entire breaths hitch in surprise.

Onew chuckled nervously, “Oops, my pocket answered the call…”

“D…Did you think she heard everything?” Taemin was asking, his voice sounding a bit anxious.

I glared at the phone before screaming, “Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin, you’re getting it from me! I’m gonna drown you both into the pool so hard, you’d see black spots appearing before your ing eyes!” I paused, glancing around to see people staring at me oddly before muttering under my breath into the phone, “Right after this plan is finished. Now who’s calling me a pushover now?! Get your asses inside the house, right now or you will regret even living on Earth!”

“Yes ma'am!” They both shrieked into the phone. I ended the call with a huff.

I stood silence for a moment before re-calling Onew again.

“N-Ne…?” He answered, probably scared and holding the phone off from the far distance in case if I were to yell again.

“Put your earpieces on when you’re in,” I told them. I stood silence for a moment before saying this, “And don’t think you’ll get away from me, Lee Taemin. You two are still dead to me.” I hung up the call once again, quickly shoving the phone into my bag with a pissed off expression.

Min, who was probably, finished doing setting up and moving onto the next location, found me fuming. She raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed deeply, the bass pounding loud in my ears. “Key,” I simply said, the code coming onto her. She groaned, rolling her eyes.

“Backstab or talking bad about you?”

“Both,” I answered. She replied with a louder groan.

“Key, this is the seventh time today,” she mumbled to herself as she left with wires in hands and headphones around her neck. She must have been really busy.

I stared at the back sliding doors that revealed a nervous SHINee. Key faltered and hid behind Minho when I glared at him.

That drama king needs to put his diva attitude in check or I will not go easy on him next time.


Mi-ja’s POV

I glared at Key who held his hands up in surrender.

“I swear, she wasn’t supposed to hear that, but c’mon! You have to admit, she’s the same as ever when she forced you to become her personal assistant—OW!” He shrieked in pain when a heel went flying at his head. Minho and Taemin burst out laughing at the reaction, covering their mouth and saying apologies as they tried to calm their laughter.

“That was a long time ago, Kibum. Get over it!” Min-Ae told him sternly before roughly taking her red high heel from the ground and putting it back on.

I nodded, agreeing with Min-Ae, “She’s right. That’s like 35 chapters ago only seven—or was it five?—months ago when she came up to me and suddenly forced me to be her personal assistant, but that was when I didn’t know anything about her façade. Now must be the time to talk bad about her?”

“And for the eighth time today, wow, that is a world record breaker!” Min stated sarcastically, earning a laugh from Jonghyun.

I then looked at Taemin, who was still wet—twice as that—as he shrinked into the towel (he got it when Onew called out one of Su-Min’s maids for one). “And you got involved in the mess? Really, Taemin…? Really…?”

“Key made me!” He exclaimed with no hesitation, leaving the older feel wronged as he stared at him with his jaw slammed open.

Yah,” he protested as he pointed at Taemin. “That was completely unnecessary, young man! No strawberry shortcake for you!”

I flicked on the forehead, the male earning another cry. “And none for you either because I’ll be the one making it!” I stuck my tongue and did a high five with Minho while Key faked a sob.

“Why was everyone so mean to me~?” he whined, shaking his body in such a cute manner that I had to bite my bottom lip. I’ve seen his aegyo countless times, even the reenactment of his drunken aegyo around Minho that appeared on Weekly Idol in their Sherlock era way before Dream Girl even came in; it still never failed to get me.

But I’m not letting him get the sastification this time, nope, no way!

So I turned to Min-Ae and said, “So, what happened after that?”

She snapped out of her daydream, blinking rapidly as she tried to comprehend what I’ve said to her.

“Huh? What was I saying? Oh yeah, that!” She giggled sheepishly before continuing, “Okay, so after that…”


Min-Ae’s POV

I began leading SHINee to their positions. I have, so far, Taemin, Minho and Key left with me. I’ve sent Jonghyun to be with Min (because she can handle him better than I do) and Onew…well, I have no idea where he went.

“You guys stick close and hide yourself well and don’t let Su-Min find you,” I hissed to them in my best lowest voice but as loud for them to hear. They nodded and followed me through the crowd. Aside for the fact that Taemin’s still dripping wet and making wet trails along the floor like a snail would, he’s still coming along.

I heard a loud gasp from behind. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to God that it wasn’t Su-Min who found one of us. I slowly turned around and opened my eyes only to see Key from a distance, his jaw dropped open. My eyes followed his gaze. I gasped as well as the scene was just jaw dropping.

Is that Mi-ja and Jongshin at the bar area?

And why are they almost about to kiss?

Oh, dear Lord.

Taemin and Minho were wide-eyed; jaws wide open as they were eying the scene with shock with a bit of envy. I looked around and no longer saw Key at the same spot. I found him, walking towards the couple that were about to kiss. And from the look of his clenched fists, he was furious.

“Key…!” I hissed out in panic, my hands onto my head as I strained for him to not disturb them and get found out by both of them.

“Oh, what the—YAH…!”

I mentally thanked Minho for coming up from behind and grabbing Key, his hand on his mouth as he quickly turned around into a corner around the area. I hid behind the wall and peeked, seeing the back of Mi-ja’s head as she looked around.

She must have heard him. There’s no way she could not recognize Key’s voice after all these months of spending her time together with SHINee.

I placed the back of my hand onto my mouth to stifle my laugh when Taemin came up behind the counter and quickly slammed Jongshin’s head onto the table before disappearing abruptly underneath the marble surface. I gestured all three of them to come over to the other side of the area. Minho didn’t bother to let go of wide-eyed Key, his hand clamped shut upon his mouth. Taemin was nearest to me so he came over to me speedily with no problem.

The other duo took their sweet time, however.

They side-stepped slowly yet stealthily, watching the scene between them as Mi-ja turned back to Jongshin, finding his face flat upon the bar. I could see Key’s eyes narrowing at the male, almost as if saying, ‘If you ever hurt her, I’d—!’

They safely made it, and just in time too, because Su-Min passed by the hallway, walking away, her scent full of bitter perfume that were irritating to the nose. All of us stood frozen in surprise at her sudden appearance before letting out a sigh of relief, realizing that she looked way too busy to even notice us in the dark.

I glared at Key who shrunk back down, his diva side breaking as he hid behind Minho once again.

“Way to keep your diva side intact, Kibum.”


Mi-ja’s POV

I just looked at Key with raised eyebrows and flushed cheeks.

“…Really, Key-umma,” I said, “Really?”

“Hey, don’t blame me; I just can’t afford to have someone kiss you! Who knows if you have already lost your first kiss or not?! Plus, kissing always leads to… that!”

My face went red at the statement before silently agreeing with him. He’s right; I have to admit—if it weren’t for his loud yelling, my first kiss might be gone to waste because it was a plan. I rather keep it for something more…meaningful.

And for the other part…well, let’s just…yeah…

“Okay, I think I’m done with yours now. I’d like to hear others’ point of view in the plan,” I said.

Taemin shyly raised his hand halfway. I smiled and nodded.

He let out a sigh before he deadpanned, “It was horrifying.”


Taemin’s POV

Min-Ae stood near a large air vent around the kitchen area. From close inspections, luckily for us, it doesn’t have bolts or screws. Just hooks to take it off and put it back on. She turned to us and pointed at the vent. “We can use this to find out Su-Min’s location and also listen into where she’s planning to put Mi-ja in, possibly in a room or some sort. I also want to know what she is doing when she’s not doing the plan,” she said. I shrugged at this with ease.

Easier said than done…

“One of us have to go in, I can’t because firstly, I still have to make sure that you’re all set into positions and secondly, I probably won’t be able to get out even if I could,” she stated. My eyebrows furrowed a little at her expression, her bangs looming over her face in darkness. Hmm, must be a bad memory if she’s talking about the vent.

“So, who’s going?”

Both Key and Minho looked at me. I shook my head frantically, stepping back but they grabbed me by the arms, holding me still.

“Ani, no way,” I shrieked in terror, “That’s insane—what if I don’t get out alive?!”

Min-Ae rolled her eyes. “Oh, calm your screaming , maknae, it’s not that bad,” she said.

Well, she says that, but I’ve seen her expression and it wasn’t a good one either.

I looked at Key, pouting as I did my aegyo. “Key-umma,” I whined as I leaned onto him. I could feel him tense up at this. “Please don’t make me go in there,” I told him in my best baby-ish voice. He stood quiet for a while.

I’ve got you, I thought with a mental smirk on my face. But then, I was shocked when I was pushed off, his grip tight onto my arms.

“Don’t do that, your aegyo doesn’t work on me anymore,” said Key who huffed. I pouted sadly. You liar, you’re resisting it. “Now, get in!”

“Ani…!” I screamed once again, my heels scraping across the floor as I was pulled closer to that evil, dark hole of a vent.

I felt a warm breath in my ear. I turned my head so fast that I could feel my wet bangs slapping against my forehead, whipping out water droplets. I craned my head back in shock when I saw Minho’s smiling face in front of me.

“You’ll be fine,” he told me in a warm voice.

Did I blush?

……

………

…………Oh, no

Oh, hell no, Lee Taemin, you did not just blush in front of a guy.

……Although Minho did seem really, really handsome when he made eye contact with me, his brown eyes sparkling.

I was fazed, just for a moment, until I was shoved in, now trapped in as the vent cover slammed shut, locking me in.

“Be sure to turn your headpiece on to stay in contact with us, okay?” Was that Minho’s cheery voice from the other end? I growled in annoyance. Curse him and his handsomeness—that’s a serious advantage to getting girls to bed with him. I swear when I say this, they would fall for that in a heartbeat.

I took out my phone and its flashlight as I rolled onto my stomach, now on all fours as I crawled through the vent, grumbling to myself.

“This is insane. I may be thin, but going into the vent is just crazy. It’s a freakin’ maze,” I mumbled to myself.

“I heard that,” a voice startled me, the familiar tone echoing in my ear. “Dude, you’re in a vent? What the hell?” Min laughed out loud in amusement. I pouted as I reached a dead end. I looked up to see another opening – I just had to stand up and climb over.

“It’s not funny, Min,” I hissed as I stood up, watching my head. My hair flew everywhere because of the fan next to my head. “I have to do it because of…reasons.

Jonghyun’s voice came in, humming in disbelief. “Right,” he said, “Reasons.”

I heard faint static in my left ear before another voice came in.

“Whew, finally got out of that problem,” Onew chided. “That was troublesome.”

“Onew, where have you been?” Min-Ae spoke to him. I could see her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “You just disappeared all of a sudden.”

A sigh was heard as I hoisted myself up, one knee over before dragging my body in and resumed crawling, my hair no longer flying all over and I finally got dry hair, thanks to that. “A drunken girl dragged me into the bedroom and tried to…you know. Then she puked all over my clothes.”

I gagged, scrunching my face. I could hear multiple groans emerging into my brain.

“Oh, that’s just sick,” Key retorted, his tone having a bit of a whiny edge.

“You’re telling me…” I muttered under my breath. I passed by an opening and continued to crawl down. I could see a faint light from the distance. “I mean, if I had a girlfriend (again), I wouldn’t let her to get drunk to the point where her face is so dirtily red because that’s not attractive and trust me when I say this, it’s bad to have a drunk girl in your arms when—” I paused when I took a peek through the vent opening that led to one of the bedrooms. My face went crimson red when I heard from beneath.

“When, what…?” Minho asked. “Uh, um, Taemin-ah, you okay in there? You’re not hurt or anything, right?”

“O-Oh, my god,” I whispered, my eyes not averting its gaze as I watched through the tiny slits of the opening. The grew louder until it was only screaming out names and whatnots. Finally I forced myself to look away and quickly crawled away. “My eyes have been damaged, spoiled. My mental image of it is destroyed.”

A snort came in as a reply—must be Jonghyun. “Your eyes have been…? What? Taemin, what did you see?” Min-Ae then asked me, her voice almost sounding like, ‘Please don’t tell me you’ve seen what I think it is.’

I gulped audibly, my mind growing fuzzy as I shyly answered with reddened ears and cheeks, “Uh…nothing much…just…just saw people enjoying their blissful .”

“OH, YOU’VE GOT TO BE TING ME,” Min cried out in clear English. “That’s the last thing I would ever let you set eyes on!”

“Oh goodness, Taebaby, you could have at least ignored it! Why, God, why!? You’ve corrupted our little angel!” Key cried out in despair, almost as if he really didn’t want me to lose my last bit of innocence so soon.

Seriously, and I’m a 20-years-old man, yet I can’t even watch for the life of me. “You do realize I said people, right?”

Silence.

Jonghyun mumbled, “Good grief, that’s a bit much, don’t you think?”

“…Just…just get on with the job, Taemin,” Min-Ae sighed. I could see her having a hand on her face, shaking her head in disbelief. I could also see Minho and Min’s face scrunched up in terror, their faces red whilst Jonghyun was probably staring up at the ceiling and be like, ‘Really?’

Key’s probably pissed and Onew must be in shock because I have not heard a single word from him.

Yes, just get on with the job, Lee Taemin. Get your on with the stupid job and save your beloved Mi-ja.

…What, no, she’s not my beloved, she’s just my love, my girl… wait, no she’s just…she's just…oh, shut up, brain.


Mi-ja’s POV

I had a hand over my eyes, my elbow on the counter as I shook my head in shame.

“Mianhae,” I told him suddenly, “For not being there to cover your eyes and ears when it happened…” Then I lit up a weak smile. “Good news is, it wasn’t Su-Min who was in the group anyways, and so, you’re good!” I couldn’t bring myself to say the more vulgar word, which was ‘’. I don’t think I need to punish his ears any further—he had heard enough.

“No, I’m not good!” Taemin shrieked, holding my hands suddenly. My cheeks burned from the abrupt skin contact, his rosary ring cool against my flesh as I stared into his bright, sparkling chocolate brown eyes. He squeezed my hand tightly and I could feel my palms slowly starting to get sweaty. “I was scarred! I’m scarred for life! And I may be a little grey-minded (“Grey-minded?” Key snorted. “That’s not even a real word.”), but I was hoping to keep my eyes clean until I'm truly ready! Now…now…” His tight grip on my hands had loosened as his face went sickly pale. I quickly grabbed his hands again before he could even faint on me.

“Whoa there, Tae, don’t you dare faint on me!” I alerted him, shaking him a bit as I took hold of his hands. He glanced down at our intertwined, tightly clasped hands before looking at me with a faint twinkle in his eyes.

Was that me or did I see a sly smirk on his face?

I blushed and quickly let go of his hands, remembering that he had confessed to me. He must think I’m leaning towards him now, which, in reality, I’m not. …Really. I’m still in the thinking mode.

“Just…” I mumbled softly to myself before clearing my throat in awkwardness, grabbing my still full glass of water and downed it all.

Minho stopped me before I could choke in my drink – again.

“Whoa there, slow down! You’ll suffocate yourself with all that chugging!” He warned me, rubbing my back. My skin heated up at the physical contact, his large hand pressing against my clothed back as he circled his hand. “Are you okay?”

I nodded, too quickly to be honest. “…Yup!” I even answered too hastily. “I’m fine, I’m just…just making sure I got the drugs all washed out of my system,” I told him in a soft voice, trying to be as convincing and reassuring as possible.

It convinced the group – most of them anyway. Both Key and Min are looking at me suspiciously before dismissing the topic mentally with a small shake of their heads.

I then realized that I need to find out why Onew was wearing the server’s uniform – aside for the fact that some girl threw up on him.

“Onew, you’re being quiet here,” I said to him before smiling. “Mind to share your story?”

The singer chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as he started, “Well…”


Onew’s POV

I stared at my puke-covered shirt and jeans. I’m so glad that she didn’t puke up on my shoes because these are brand new Adidas sneakers!

…Min brought them for me for my birthday. She would be sad if my present was ruined already.

“Man, how am I going to find new clothes,” I mumbled to myself.

“Hmm…” I heard Minho humming. Ah, my headpiece was still on. “You could always kidnap a person and wear his clothes.”

“Really, Minho, really…? That’s your best plan?” Min spoke in, almost as if disagreeing with him.

Taemin let a snort. “I agree with him actually, but kidnapping someone is going a bit too far.”

“Jeongmal, I am not going to kidnap anyone!” I hissed. As the leader of SHINee, there is no way I am going to kidnap anyone unless it’s Mi-ja.

Because she have had known us so it’s all good.

I was hidden in the hallway, blending in the shadows as I watched the party go wild. My eyes narrowed on Su-Min, who was feeling herself onto another man.

“Ah, seriously, and she chose Jongshin as her ‘boyfriend’. That woman does not take her promises seriously enough,” I said.

“Wait, what? What is she doing?” Min-Ae asked via headpiece.

“She’s feeling herself on another guy.”

A masculine scoff was heard. “Are you for real?!” Jonghyun spoke out loud, almost as if disbelieving this fact.

Min groaned. I could imagine her rolling her eyes at the scene. “And who’s the now, huh?”

Definitely her,” Key had finally spoken up, after showing reactions behind the voices.

“Obviously,” Taemin agreed. “I forgot to tell you that before Onew saw her in that area, earlier in the vent, I saw her making out with another guy, half-.”

Everyone groaned, the sounds emerging in my ears as I turned around and decided to stop keeping an eye on the female for a moment (as that was my job to do so) and try to find the hamper room or something.

“Ah, jinjja, that woman,” Min-Ae muttered angrily. “And she’s framing Mi-ja? She’s way too innocent for her own good and never in my life had I seen her seducing a man!”

“Well, she did…remember that Talent Showdown?”

Min-Ae snorted at Minho’s answer. “That’s not her seducing you, that’s—that’s you guys falling for her.”

“Hahaha, I guess my work really paid off! I cannot believe you fell for her,” Min laughed.

Key could hum dreamily, “We did…hard.” A pause indicated there. Then he asked Taemin when realization came to us, “Wait, Taemin, why and how do you know that Su-Min was with another guy and they were half-?”

A painful silence went between us.

“I-I was just curious!” Taemin squeaked.

“Yo Taeman, ever heard of ‘curiosity killed the cat?’Jonghyun asked him knowingly.

“Uh, duh, of course,” answered the boy.

“Well,” Min started. “You’ve been killed, alright.”

My eyes followed a male server that went around the corner, undoing his apron. My lips went into a twisted smirk as I followed him, assuming that from the way he’s going, must be the hamper room.

“Nevermind me refusing the kidnapping thing,” I told them, “I think I’ve found some clothes,” I chuckled, my laugh sounded a bit devilish.

“What!” Taemin screamed at my sudden change.

“Uh-oh, Onew has now gone into ‘Devil’ mode and this time, ‘Leader Onew’ isn’t there to stop him – is he really going to?” Min mused, almost getting worried.

Minho’s panicked voice popped in, “Wah, wait hyung! I was just joking when I said about kidnapping someone; you can’t do this for the life of you! Onew, please—”

His voice was cut off as I turned off my headpiece. I turned around the corner and there it was – the hamper room.

I entered through the door and I was a bit fazed by the size. How can a hamper room be this big?!

I looked around as I stepped in. There were many clothes, mostly of which were the servers’, maids’ and servants’ uniforms. I found that same man, organizing the clothes. And he had the perfect size too. He must have noticed me when I took another step because he turned around, his eyes wide in surprise.

“Oh! Are you looking for the bathroom, sir?”

I didn’t bother to try and say anything to him.

He looked at me confused before noticing the expression on my face.

“S-Sir, are you—argh!”


I came out happily, fixing the shirt and smoothing down the black trousers. “Finally, some new clothes,” I chided happily as I smoothed down the apron. Man, using Min’s moves to knock out a person can sure become handy! “At least I’m able to blend in more and keep a closer eye on the hostess now~” I cheered as I put on the black sunglasses and fixed up my hair a bit before I was then skipping away, going back into the party.


Mi-ja’s POV

I stared at him, my mouth dropped open. I cannot believe that a soft little Dubu like him could be a total badass.

“You did what?!”

Onew grinned happily at me as he spoke, “And I’m proud of it!”

“I shouldn’t have taught him some of my moves… I regret doing that,” said Min who had her hand over her eyes, feeling ashamed that she had corrupted the poor leader.

I stared at him for a while before sighing. “So, that was you with the sunglasses who led me to the bathroom?”

He nodded in response to my question. I sighed again. That figures.

Min then smiled at me for a bit as she spoke, “Wanna hear how my day went with this dinosaur around?” She pointed at the said male next to her with a jab of her thumb. Jonghyun pouted in response to that, feeling accused and wronged with the tone she’s using on him.

Something tells me that Jonghyun did something idiotic in her case here… I stared at Jonghyun. He wasn’t even making the slight eye contact with me and just stared at Onew, who looked at him with furrowed eyes. Almost as if he was bothered and silently telling him to stop staring at him.

“What have you done now, Kim Jonghyun?” I mumbled to myself. Minho chuckled behind me, telling me that he heard that as he slid his hand down to my hand on my thigh.

I’ve tried to control my expression as I was focusing on Min’s story.


Min’s POV

“Jonghyun, if we don’t finish our duties right now, I’ll beat up your sorry and send it flying up so high towards the moon,” I said, glaring at the male who even dared try to flirt with the drunken girl that latched herself onto him. Doesn’t he realize we have a job to accomplish?

He didn’t seem to have listened to me as he had his hands on her waist, his lips to her ear. The girl blushed at whatever he told her and giggled hysterically, her mind crazy from the alcohol.

My heart clenched in annoyance. With the last string of my patience that had snapped, I went forward and pushed the girl away, the female having fallen to the ground. I glared at the female who was about to yell at me. She shut up immediately and scrambled off somewhere. I looked back at Jonghyun and even dared to do a roundhouse kick at his head.

Jonghyun yelped and, to my surprise, successfully ducked the attack. He held his hands up in surrender when I managed to grab him by the hair and dragged him away from the eyes of the watching crowd.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, ok, ok, APA! It hurts, that hurts, Min!” He whined when every grip I had on him tightened, twisting every knots of his silver locks, tangling every strand of his hair. Soon enough he’ll go bald with a handful of his hair crumpled up in my fist.

We were then outside, at the back of the mansion, at last. I slammed him against the wall and glared at him, my face close to his. I could feel his breath hitch, his eyes wide at the sudden closeness, his cheeks holding a faint tint of pink. It was there, I could see it. Although it was dark outside, underneath the bright lights that flickered on due to sensing our movements, I was able to see the colour on his cheeks.

He gagged when I had my hand up to his throat, strangling him. “I swear to God, you got to stop playing with them or you’ll be dragged down to Hell. And if I’ll have to be the one going to Hell after I kill you then I’m taking you with me. Now, before I slap you senselessly to the extent of having amnesia, let’s get back to our job, shall we?” I hissed at every word I said, but I began to doubt my actions. I’d never snapped him so seriously like that. What had gotten into me?

Yes ma’am!” He croaked out, his face growing pale. I released him from my grasp, enabling the idol to take a large intake of air before gasping and coughing, his hand on his chest as he bent over, almost as if he’s going to throw up.

“I could care less if you’re an idol or not, but you’ve got a reputation to take care of, so don’t blame me if this gets out to Lee Soo Man – your life will be over then,” I warned him with a small scowl.

Jonghyun looked up at me, staring at me for a while before smiling. I raised an eyebrow at him, not liking that look on his face. “Are you…jealous?”

My eyes widened at his question before looking away quickly, my face burning red as I growled. “Hah! Yeah right, as if I would be jealous of you, dino boy!” I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed, looking over at the pool with the screaming adults in it, boys laughing as they splashed their beer onto the girls.

Stupid drunk people, I thought with a shake of my head.


Mi-ja’s POV

I stared at Jonghyun before smiling at him. He gulped, fully knowing that my smile was not a genuine one. I looked back at Min and gestured her to stop as I told her, “Stop there for a minute please.”

I turned back to Jonghyun who hid behind Onew. I opened up my arms. “Come here, Jjong~ I won’t hurt you, I promise!”

Minho snorted beside me, knowing what is about to come.

Jonghyun stood put. My eyes narrowed at him whilst keeping the smile on my face. He immediately came over.

I must have looked creepy to him to get him that scared.

As soon as he got close, I slowly leaned in, grabbing his collar with one hand as I pulled him towards me. I had a sweet smile on my face now. He blushed at the closeness we had. I grew closer and I could feel Minho’s hand on my hand grow tighter. I could literally feel his jealousy emitting out of his presence beside me. I grew even closer that I could hear the group (including Jonghyun) holding their breath.

It made us seems like we were about to kiss…

Not.

Instead, I’ve punched him straight into his face, strong enough to knock him out but not strong enough to have his nose broken (again).

Minho let out a loud hearty laugh as the dino fell back, stunned from the punch before passing out from the knockout. Key and Taemin stared at the collapsed Jonghyun in shock and Onew hummed in impression. Min-Ae snorted in satisfactory. I glanced around and saw a few people who witnessed that punch, their expression saying it all: that’s bull.

At least they now know what I’m like when I’m angry. Even Jongshin, who was just passing by, swallowed his spit nervously and continued walking by, now looking at his ex—no, girlfriend as they resumed going back into their own conversation.

I looked at Min who grinned at me. I grinned back. “Are you happy now?” I asked her with raised eyebrows.

She nodded her head as she told me, “Very.”

Min-Ae snorted again. I gestured her to resume talking again.

“Okay people, eyes are up here and not on the dead body down there, alright? Now, as I was going with the plan…”


Min’s POV

I switched on my headpiece after having turned it off for some time. We had finished covering everything around the building (well, most of everything, I suppose – this mansion is huge!) and we just need to set up the speakers in one last room – the room where Su-Min will put Mi-ja in.

“Taemin-ah, have you found out the location yet?” I asked through the headpiece, pressing it deeper into my ear so I was able to hear him better behind the loud noise in the background.

“Not yet, I’ve just found her chatting with Jongshin now. She’s about to tell him, so I’ll let you know when she say it,” he told me. I sighed in relief. At least he found where Su-Min is.

“Also,” Min-Ae’s voice kicked in. “Can you tell that dino to turn off his headpiece when he’s not using it? I could hear him flirting with those girls and every word he said to them.”

I turned to the said male, whose face was red in embarrassment. I smirked. “I don’t think I have to.”

“Oh, he’s listening? Well, serve him right!” Key’s cackle was then cut off by an “Aurgh, ow! What the heck, Minho?”

“Thank you, Minho, for shutting him up,” the bleached idol thanked him. I glared at Jonghyun who smiled at me foolishly.

“Not a problem, hyung,” Minho answered back, a smile in his voice.

I could hear Onew’s faint murmurings and his awkward chuckles as he was speaking to somebody. “Onew, what are you doing?”

“Being stuck,” he hissed. I think he’s in a conversation that he’s unable to get out at the moment, which would explain why his voice sounded so low. He would look weird if the person whom he was having conversation with, thought that he’s crazy for talking to himself. Plus, from the way it was going, it seems like the person was so drunk that he or she hasn’t realized that she/he is talking to SHINee’s Onew. “I can’t get out at the moment!”

“Don’t worry, Onew, I’ll help you out soon. I’ve finally got the location from Su-Min. It’s the fourth floor to the left of the building, the last door would be the room where she’ll frame Mi-ja,” Taemin spoke to Onew before told me the location. “It should be at the back of the mansion and you’d be able to see the vacant room. Don’t go back inside and take the stairs or you guys will get caught by Su-Min. I advise you to use the balconies and find—or well, climb—your way up there.”

Min-Ae chuckled. “Good going, maknae. That was a spot-on job. Now, you and Key still deserve that dunk in the pool though.”

I stifled my laughter when I heard the boys groan. “Oh c’mon, I thought you’ve forgotten about that! Can’t you please get over it?”

“Hmm…how about… NO.

“Alright, we’ll do our job and let you know when we’re done,” I told them before turning off my headpiece.

Jonghyun snickered. I turned to him with a raised eyebrow. He answered me, “Right after you left, Taemin crawled into a weak spot in the vent and fell into the indoor pool and got wet – again.”

I groaned, “He’s lucky that his headpiece was covered in thin waterproof plastic otherwise he would have been shocked to death.”

He raised a hand to his left ear, turning off the headpiece. “Yes, I’ve turned it off, no need to ask me,” he told me in a sarcastic tone. I rolled my eyes at him.

“I know, I saw you, pabo,” I retorted back, both of us acting like children as we stuck our tongue at each other. That is like; the less offensive to cursing each other out when we were in kindergarten. I shook my head before looking at the windows from the back of the mansion. Last room on fourth floor on the left side of building, he said. I stood in front of a window that was at least 5 or 10 or perhaps even 15 meters above my head and counted, side-stepping until I was at the corner, able to see the other wall around there and the fences too.

I raised my arm to see if I was about to reach the balcony. I can’t. I could only feel a bit of the cold black ground with my fingertips. That’ll leave one option. I looked at Jonghyun who narrowed his eyes at me, obviously knowing what I’m going to do and firmly shook his head, showing a definite ‘no.’ I pouted at him.

“Oh, c’mon, Jjong~” I tried to use aegyo on him, but he firmly shook his head again. I scowled – does it really only work by his older sister, Sodam? A strong surge of envy rushed through me. “Why aren’t you helping me? It’s not like I’ll accidentally kick you in the head.”

“That’s precisely what I’m afraid of!” He remarked, his loud voice carrying towards me from the distance. I rolled my eyes at this. He’s such a scaredy-dog. Hehe, that’s cute – a scaredy-dog instead of scaredy-cat because, he’s a…he’s a puppy like…you know, he looks like a puppy? …Yeah. “Plus, aren’t you missing a point here?”

I put a finger to my chin, thinking of what could that other point be. I shook my head. He sighed and pointed at me. “Look at yourself.”

I looked at myself. There’s nothing wrong with—oh,” I then came to realization that I was wearing a skirt. That would explain why he refused – he’s afraid that he’ll look up by accident when I call him from below – that and getting kicked in the head as a result from that.

Hmm…I should have taken Mi-ja’s advice and wore some tights and stockings.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun scoffed as he now stood beside me, “Oh.”

“Well,” I murmured as I looked up, my cheeks burning red in embarrassment. “That would explain everything. But can you at least, well, not look up?”

Jonghyun snorted. I guess not – I mean, he’d look up when I call his name or he’d look up to see if I’m alright. Either way, he’ll still see it.

Then he sighed. “Fine, I’ll give you a boost up, but please don’t blame me because of my height. In fact, don’t talk to me of my height at all.”

I smiled at this statement, knowing how upset he would be if people kept mentioning his height. Although he had finally grown a few inches, he will forever remain the shortest when he’s with s. But to be honest, though I’m tall, he doesn’t seem short to me.

“Gomawo,” and with that said, I leaned in and placed a small peck on his cheek. When I pulled back, I could see his wide eyes staring at me, his face and ears burning like a red tomato.

He could be a useful glow-in-the-dark if you saw how red he was. “Ah, kyeopta~” I , pinching his cheeks. He snapped out of his daze at that moment and slapped my hands away.

“Oh, shut up!” He retorted and bent down, both his hands out to act like a stairs for me. He had his head hung down low. I can obviously see that he’s embarrassed.

Holding onto his shoulders, I stepped onto his hand before stepping onto his shoulders. I had hoped my boots was not hurting him too badly as he slowly stood up, me holding myself on the bars of the balcony when I got into its height and him holding onto my ankles.

“You alright up there?” I looked down, and only saw the top of his head. I hummed a ‘yes’ to him.

“I’m good, I think I’m able to climb my way up now – can you please let go of my ankles?”

He did, his fingertips brushing against my skin. I could feel his touch lingering on my flesh. I hoisted myself up, climbing over before looking up, seeing the balcony on even height on the one I’m standing on. So I’ve decided to stand on the railings, steadying my balance. I could hear Jonghyun let out a small cry, warning for me to be careful.

I felt my heart swell. Even though he knew that I’m experienced with this kind of thing, he’s still worried for me.

I jumped and grabbed onto the bars, and pulled myself upon, but when I did, I saw something through the small gap between the curtains. My face flushed and my eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and disturbance when I saw something that I should have seen.

It’s a couple making out in that guest room, getting ready to fling their clothes off.

“Min, are you alright up there?” Jonghyun called out.

I nodded – too quickly, mind you. “Ne, ne, I’m fine, I’m good! Everything’s just dandy!” I couldn’t bring myself to tell him that I’m watching a flick about to unfold.

He hummed, not believing me but decided to let this pass. I climbed over once again, one foot on the railing and my hand already upon on the third bars of the third balcony. Sooner or later, I had climbed my way up onto the fourth room. I looked in through the curtains of the window – it does seem vacant and dark. This must be the room Taemin was talking about.

I looked over and called out, “I’ll try to form a rope of some sort when I’m up here!”

“Alright, I got it!” He yelled back from the high height below.

I checked to see if the windows is locked, pulling it upwards from the bottom. To my luck, it wasn’t as it slid open. I chuckled, “Luck’s on my side now – the plan is going smoother than expected!”

As soon as I climbed in, I switched on the headpiece. “Guys, I’m in the room now.”

“Oh, you’re done already?” Key exclaimed in shock. “It took you like, a minute and 36 seconds!”

“Wow, Kibum, you actually counted?” Min-Ae said to him in astonishment.

I heard Key scoff, “Of course! I’m quite sensitive with these kinds of things!”

“Er,” I started as I looked around, staring at the closet. “Are you guys going to come up or what? As soon as I set up the speakers, of course—” I paused halfway as I then realized that I had left the bag with the last set of loudspeakers and wires inside the party when I got so angry with Jonghyun. “.”

“Oh, gosh, I do not like what you’ve just said under your breath, Choi Min,” retorted Minho, his voice stern and serious.

“I left my bag.”

Kibum snorted. “Wow, nice going, Min, how splendid. Is Jonghyun with you or is he…?”

I snapped my fingers as I then remembered about the male who was waiting for me. I stepped out and leaned over the railing, and there he was, still there, looking up at me with hopeful eyes. He smirked, his cocky side showing.

“Hey there, Rapunzel – has you grown your hair out long yet?”

“Shut up, T-Rex,” I yelled back. I heard Key laugh out loud at my sharp remark. “I left the bag inside the party; can you go get it for me? I’ll make the rope ready for you when you come back – somehow. I don’t know how, but I’ll make a rope, I promise you!”

“But promises can be broken, you know,” murmured Minho. I can imagine him fiddling with the bracelet that he received when he was seriously injured, going all sulky. “Like you never got me my favourite jersey and it was already taken by someone else.”

I hissed. “Hey,” I whispered under my breath, “No need to bring up the past, okay?”

Jonghyun nodded and gave me a thumb-up. I grinned and called out, cupping my mouth like a megaphone as I screamed out, “Gomawo!”

“Argh, you’re so loud!” Key whined. I growled mentally.

Ooh, just wait…one of these days I will slap you, Kim Kibum.


Mi-ja’s POV

I nodded in understanding, nudging the body of the passed out Jonghyun a bit with my foot, hoping to wake him up.

I hoped I hadn’t killed him – it’s actually possible to kill someone with a single punch. (A/N: Trust me when I say this, I saw this on the newspaper that one time.)

“And I was wondering why I saw a person who had the same hair colour – I actually thought it was Jonghyun.”

“Yeah, I would have let this continue on, but Jonghyun’s currently not awake to tell it in his point of view, so, yeah. I suppose he was running away, hoping not to get caught by you because he told me that he thought it was Su-Min who found him out,” Min told me. My face scrunched up in annoyance. I do not look that similar to Su-Min.

I snorted at this. “I do not look like Su-Min.”

Minho hummed, staring at me for a moment as he examined my appearance, his eyes roaming around. My eyes faltered to the ground, growing shy from his serious eye contact and pulled my sweater together, glad that I had buttoned them up properly and not as messily as they were before to have my upper underwear be poking out into their view. “Well, if you’re talking about hair colour, since it’s now in a darker colour like Su-Min’s then I suppose that’s why. He must have seen the back of your head and accidentally mistaken it for her.”

I let out a small noise of understanding.

“And that is where we came in!” Min-Ae cheered. Key rolled his eyes at her actions.

“Ah, jebal,” he muttered under his breath next to me and I couldn’t help but giggle.


Min-Ae’s POV

“I still cannot believe you managed to get a change of clothes, Onew-oppa,” I mumbled as I stared at him disbelievingly at his appearance. Although…he did look handsome being in uniform with an addition to sunglasses. It brought out his cheeky smile more.

We were in the hallway on the fourth floor now. Taemin managed to quickly snatch Onew from the crowd in the speed of light (whilst slipping in his own puddles as he was wet for the second time). The brunet held the video camcorder to prove evidence (and to blackmail her, when there’s a chance). I could see it there now, the white door on the far left with a golden tag on it that obviously said, with jet ink black letterings written in English engraved unto it: “Guest Room”.

“There it is!” I pointed out as I went ahead of them. The rest followed me by that one simple word, trailing behind like baby ducklings following the mother.

I came up to the door first, my hand on the cool, silver doorknob. I twisted and pushed it open, entering the dark room.

“Yah, Key hyung, will you stop sticking close to me, jebal?” Minho’s annoyed voice came from behind me. I turned to see Key holding onto his arm, caught in his death grip.

“Speak for yourself; you’re breaking into cold sweat!” Key remarked back and, as I looked at the taller male, he was right. I could see the glimmers on his neck from the light behind him, the cold sweat running down his skin.

I rolled my eyes at them. “You guys, it’s just an empty bedroom,” I reassured them.

Taemin shook his head in disbelief as he went further in, running his fingers through his currently wet, black hair.

If Mi-ja ever picks him then she’s one lucky girl because dang, he’s so fine! Ugh, I hate being a noona. I looked at the others and examined them. But then again, there’s Key and I’ve seen his musical…who wouldn’t want to kiss him, really?

…The number of times he have kissed in that musical, my god, it’s worse than PDA all in front of your face!

Taemin looked around and let out a sigh, his eyes averted onto the ground. “That’s not what we’re worried about. We’re not worried about something scary going to pop out in front of us or the fact that this room could be haunted, but…” He trailed off, and at the moment I realized something terrifying, and I knew why they were worried.

What if Mi-ja got hurt by Jongshin’s seduction? What if she was going to be taken by him? Or maybe, what if the plan didn’t work after all?

“Watch out, Code Butterfly at 6 o’ clock! Just saw Su-Min inserting drugs into Mi-ja’s drink, and Jongshin is carrying her up into the room. Make your move, quick.” Min told us all sharply, snapping us out from our thoughts. I heard Jonghyun snort at this.

“Code… Butterfly…? Are you serious, Choi Min? Can’t it be a little bit more mature? Giant would be a better word,” Jonghyun retorted.

“Humph, are you trying to deceive yourself? You’re making him sound like he’s taller than you, shorty!”

“M…Mwo?” He yelped, “Don’t call me that, Miss. I-almost-gave-Jonghyun-a-kick-in-the-head!”

Min screeched. All of us winced at the high pitch in our ear before we quickly turned off the headpiece. I could hear faint, but low footsteps coming from the hallway. I hissed to them, pointing at the closet. “C’mon, we have to hide in there!” I rushed them as they quickly went over, entering the large wall closet. I shut the door and quickly entered the closet, closing it as soon as the bedroom door opened.

I could hear soft whines and moans, “It’s hot…”

Geez, I’ve never thought the drugs would be strong enough to have a whiny Mi-ja. Su-Min must be crazy – is she trying to kill her by overdosing it and mixing them up?! She’s lucky she’s still alive or Su-Min will have it coming if Mi-ja was dead.

I cringed and hissed to the others, “Cover your ears, I don’t think you’d want to hear this and don’t uncover them until I give you a sign.”

They did, starting from Onew to Minho. Key glared through the thin gap of an opening of the closet door as he was in the middle between two doors. If anything, you’d think it’s a horror movie from the way his eyes were practically glowing red, shooting lasers as he heard everything: the moans, the whines, pretty much everything. He was muttering something under his breath, something between the lines of “Don’t touch her…” and “I’ve seen her first…” and possibly “Don’t corrupt her body…”

“Key… what do you think you are doing?” I hissed to him. He didn’t say anything other than narrowing his feline eyes further. I sighed and crouched, leaving him be as I felt around for the cord that Min and Jonghyun had hidden inside here. I know they’ve said that it’s in the closet, and this is the only closet I’ve seen in the room, but I can’t seem to find it!

Oh, I think I have it now. …But why does it feel like cloth? And why is it all hard? Aren’t they supposed to be a bit soft and twisty in such a flexible manner?

A low grunt emerged from that same spot. It sounded like a male. I squeezed again. This time, it was almost a whimper. I took out my phone from my pocket and shone its light. My face went red when I realized that I had my hand on someone’s groin. I looked up to see a blushing Minho, his face distorted into a look of struggle, as if trying not to show his pleasure. “Uh…” He let out a muffled moan, biting his bottom lip hard to prevent having his voice being heard from the duo outside the closet.

“Ah, mian,” I whispered in a panic, quickly letting go of his crotch before finding the cord sitting next to him. “I thought you were the cord…”

Ugh, how embarrassing. I abruptly grabbed the cord and just plugged it into my phone. We were a bit startled when we heard the door loudly slamming open and a feminine shriek along with the lights turning on. We could tell from the gaps underneath the closet doors and from her—surprisingly, for some odd reasons as Taemin and Minho seemed to have heard it through their fingers in their ears—loud voice, she tried to act furious. Su-Min had come into the room now – and just in time too. I waved my hand, gesturing them (except for Key who haven’t even covered his ears in the first place) to uncover their ears. Only Minho and Taemin did. Onew seemed to be in his own world.

I had my phone ready, my thumb positioned on the screen to press the button. My other hand clenched into fists when Su-Min began accusing her. I could hear Minho’s low grunts, Taemin’s soft scoffs as he recorded the voices with the camcorder and Key’s growls. I wanted to burst out of the closet too, but not now. Not now. Not now…it’s still too soon.

Our eyes widened when we’ve heard a loud slapping noise. I held back Key who struggled against my grasp on his arm. “She’ll…!” He hissed, angry at the fact that she had even dared to slap Mi-ja. My heart broke when I heard Mi-ja’s quiet sobs near the closet. I could see her through the gap, her disoriented appearance and messy hair, her makeup in ruins and on the floor as she was pushed around by the people who mocked her and insulted her.

“Mi-ja…oh, my god…” Taemin mumbled under his breath, his expression showing concern for her yet frustration for Su-Min. He was upset that she had broken her confidence that Mi-ja was unable to even fight back, both physically and mentally.

I scowled. Nobody hurt the people I care for, especially if it’s Su-Min.

Mi-ja doesn’t deserve to be the evil witch. She may be stuck as the witch in Su-Min’s case, but at least she’s the good and pretty kind of witch.

“Hana,” I whispered, all of us in position. “Dul,” my thumb neared the screen of my phone. I paused for a second before saying, “Set.” And I’ve pulled the trigger as the recording played out.


Mi-ja’s POV

“And so, that’s where we came in and saved your little ,” said Min-Ae, smirking proudly to herself. “No need to thank me, you can save it for later.”

Min groaned, “Always the cocky one, aren’t you?” The brunette looked her with a grin.

“But you liked it.” I could see a red blush on Min’s face before grumbling underneath her breath. A low groan caught my attention, averting my eyes to the moving body as Jonghyun sat up, rubbing his jaw.

“Aurgh, I don’t remember what happened to me, my jaw hurts!” He whined, holding his jaw as he moved it a bit painfully, the bones making crackling noises. “I think it’s broken!”

I suddenly felt bad for doing that, but hey, he deserved it in the first place, I mean, he shouldn’t have been flirting so openly in front of Min like that. Then it hit me – perhaps… Min likes Jonghyun? Another thing hit me as well. Most of them, Min-Ae called Key, ‘Kibum,’ but why did that name sound so familiar? It’s like I’ve heard it before. I looked down at my rainbow ring and twisted it before glancing at the black-haired male beside me, the feline boy not looking at me as he laughed at some joke Onew told him, his eyes growing into crescents. The way his hair is styled, and the way his eyes sparkles. My cheeks blushed and forced myself to look away when my eyes landed upon his lips. I almost wanted to touch them – they looked so soft and pink!

Wow, so much for rejecting him, huh.

…Oh crap…

I shrinked down underneath his glare on me, looking away shyly; I remembered that Key was the only one who has heard me in ‘action’ with Jongshin. Even though he knew that I was drugged, he seemed a bit upset. “…I’m in trouble, aren’t I…?”

Big trouble, missy,” Key said sharply.

….

I jumped a little when I heard a violent yell, coming from a particular female’s body. Our eyes went to the direction of the source. I looked. There she was, Hwang Su-Min, angry as a disturbed lioness that was awoken from her sleep.

My eyes went wide, my irises swirling in a mixture of shock and horror when she came stomping over, coming into our range. Min and Minho went into position and I could feel Key pulling me onto his lap, holding me tight as if to protect me, his arm wrapped around my waist. I yelped, burying my face into the crook of his neck when she furiously knocked over a server that was in her way. It was a young female with red hair and freckles, and she just appeared to serve us some appetizers before she even noticed that the hostess was furious. The girl screamed as she collapsed to the ground, the tray that was in her hand fell out and crashed onto the floor, the glass bowl shattering and the appetizers were now spoilt as they were spilled on the polished tiled floor.

“I hate you!” Su-Min shrieked as she tried to get nearer, but was held off by Minho. She struggled against him though, her hands reaching out for my face, wanting to rip my skin off. “If you hadn’t been born, SHINee would have been mine!”

Min-Ae shoved her off of Minho and glared at her. “You have done enough! Give it up already!” I glanced around – another round of a crowd was watching us now. Jonghyun went to help the girl, asking if she was okay before shooing her out of the scene to avoid getting anybody hurt.

Su-Min glared at her and spat out angrily, “You stay out of this, it’s her fault that the humiliation went onto me and now I want her out of my house! I want her out of my life! Get out!” She managed to catch Minho off-guard and pushed him away with all her strength, causing the male to stumble back in shock. I squeezed my eyes shut tight, hugging Key tight as the male spun around in his seat, preparing to take the hit for me as she raised an arm, a bottle in hand.

“Hwang Su-Min!”

I looked to see a man, clearly angry at the female. A woman who looked no more than in her thirties had her hands on her hips, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked clearly upset with her.

Su-Min gasped when the man grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from me. “A-Appa…!” she cried out in surprise before yelping when she received a hard slap. The students stepped back when she fell to the floor, gasping in surprise. The beer bottle rolled out of her hand, tumbling on the red carpet.

Appa…? I looked at him, who was staring down at her with such disapproval.

“This is not what I wanted to expect from my own daughter. We leave you home alone for an overseas business trip for only two months and you plan a party?!” Her mother shrieked as she stepped into the scene. “Not only that, but some rumors have been going around about you sleeping with a couple of men, and in our home!? Even worse, you were about a hit a girl with a bottle! Are you crazy!? Are you trying to kill her?!”

Her father sighed in disappointment. “I’m very disappointed in you, Hwang Su-Min. How could you take advantage of us leaving you home alone just like that? You’ve always told us that you’re studying whenever we called to check on you, but look at you! Partying and flirting with boys, threatening females, going as a gang and beating up someone for no apparent reasons—or perhaps there was due to your stupidity and your arrogance—what had gotten into you?!”

Su-Min stammered as she stood up before trying to accuse me, “But she’s the one who made me like this! I just wanted her to show who she’s speaking to and that I have the rights to do such things!” I growled at her. I should’ve have let her hit me then did my karate on her. I’d knock her down good. I softened up a bit, when Key’s hand was then pressed onto my back, his fingers making ticklish circles around my lower torso. Her father turned to me, examining me before smiling.

“Ah, Baek Mi-ja, how are you?”

I recognized him then: Hwang Jinwoon, the president and owner of Hwang Company, alias with my father as he supports him in business and supplies him with models for his fashion shows. “Ah,” I exclaimed in recognition, getting off of Key’s thighs before bowing deeply to him. “Mr. Hwang, I’ve almost forgotten you!” I grinned. I could see Su-Min’s shocked expression plastered onto her face. “How’s modelling business? I’ve heard you’re cooperating with idols now!”

He nodded his head, “It has been doing well, thank you for asking.” Then he gestured to his wife, who smiled warmly at me. I smiled back. “I suppose you remember her, Hwang Seo Yeong?”

“Ah yes, I remember – you helped me with my guitar practice when I was just a child as you’re a skilled musician and composer. It has been a while, Mrs. Hwang,” I told her with a smile, bowing to her as well. I could hear impressed noises around me, surprised to know that I’ve known such upper-class people. Even SHINee was surprised to know this newfound fact.

Mrs. Hwang smiled, “You were a splendid child then, and you were fun to have around in my office. It’s glad to see you’re back in Korea. How’s your mother?”

A tight pang occurred in my heart as I bit onto my bottom lip. “Well, er…” I trailed off. “She’s…fine.” I didn’t want to say anymore, I didn’t want anyone to know that my mother died. However, she seemed to have gotten the hint and gave me a sad smile before turning stern onto Su-Min, slapping her on upside on the head.

“Excuse me; did you say your house? Mind your manners, young lady and remember who brought you into this world. You weren’t born rich, you were made rich. How dare you try to damage her by destroying her life! You, want to get rid of her for what, money?! Do you want her out for gaining popularity or do you want her out to get reputation from people, even from idols? Perhaps, maybe, it was for your own obsession? Or it was all just for ? I know Mi-ja-ssi and her mother very well since the day she was born, and it’s very disrespectful to degrade her when she’s in a higher class like you,” retorted her mother. Key whistled in astonishment behind me and I couldn’t help but giggle as well. That was a lot to say, and for a scolding at that!

Su-Min gasped in exasperation, sputtering out nonsense, her eyes wide as she glanced from between me, her father and her mother before starting to complain, “But…!”

“No buts, Su-Min. I cannot believe I’ve raised you up to become this. You are bringing shame to our family name, so disgraceful! Starting today, I will cut down your allowances and restrict you from bringing men into our house ever again. And if I do see you with a man in our house, then I’ll double the reduction of your allowances. Three strikes and I’ll take it away completely,” Mr. Hwang stated, making it final from the serious tone. I could hear quiet ‘Oohs’ from the crowd that was witnessing the scene in front of them.

She gasped again before yelling, “But, appa, that’s not fair!”

Min scoffed. “Nothing’s ever fair, princess. You want something, you gotta work for it.” Min-Ae nodded her head, going, “Mhmm-hmm~!” with her lips pursued at the female and her hands on her hips as she stood next to her.

Su-Min was on the verge of tears, looking back and forth at her father and at Min. Then she looked around the place, the students watching the scene in amusement that some even dared to let out giggles and laughs. This made her flush red in embarrassment, suffering another round of humiliation. “But…but…! Argh…!” She cried out in frustration before glaring at me. She pointed at me, her face scrunched up in anger. “This is not over, Baek Mi-ja! I will make you pay! I will make you feel miserable that you won’t ever set foot near me again! I will get what I need and I will make it happen! Do not ever forget that, arraseo?!”

Hwang Su-Min!” Her mother exclaimed and was about to scold her but she ran out of the scene, her hands to her face as she started crying. She followed her from behind, disappearing around the corner.

Mr. Hwang glanced around the crowd before checking his watch. “The party may still continue, but please do not do anything inappropriate in our guest rooms anymore. You have until 2 AM to leave the house and by the time the alarm rings, I want to see this area vacant, is that clear?” His voice boomed, his tone serious.

Everyone murmured incoherently. Mr. Hwang did not like the response he received.

“I said, is that, clear?!” He yelled now, his voice more stern than before. Everyone jolted and all chorused ‘yes sir’ before turning away and going back into doing their own thing. The music went back up after being cut off for so long. Mr. Hwang came up to me, studying me before looking at me worriedly.

“Are you okay? You look beaten up,” he asked me. I smiled and shook my head.

“I’m fine, jinjjayo! If it weren’t for Min-Ae and Min and SHINee,” I gestured to the group behind me who formally bowed to the elder before continuing, “I would have been way worse than this. It was all thanks to Min-Ae that she made a plan to stop that from happening.”

He looked her and I could see her tense up. Then he smiled and said, “Min-Ae. What is your surname?”

Min-Ae stuttered a bit, her cheeks flushed red before kicking herself in the shin, now blurting out, “I-It’s Park, sir – Park Min-Ae. I’m Mi-ja’s step-sister.”

“Oh, step-sister, you say? I didn’t know Younghwa married a different woman,” he mumbled before smiling, “I give you my gratitude for helping her out – she’s like a second daughter to me, and one that is much nicer than the other one.”

Min-Ae rolled her eyes in agreement with that statement, letting out a small laugh as she agreed, “Oh, yes. She’s much nicer.” Then she glanced at Key before glaring at him when she caught him sneaking away. “I must apologize but I have to speak to my friend here,” she successfully grabbed Key by the collar. He yelped in shock, his eyes wide when he found that he caught her. “About a certain topic, so don’t mind us if we both leave.”

“Wait, wait, wait, yah, don’t drag me – Minho!” He cried out for his help, but Minho just waved goodbye to the male before laughing with Taemin.

Mr. Hwang smiled at the group before looking at me. “What a friendly group you have. SHINee, isn’t it? Heard they’re getting popular nowadays. You’d be good now, ne?”

I nodded obediently, before watching him walk off – maybe to go and find his wife and Su-Min, perhaps.

The music changed then. Minho perked up, looking like he had forgotten to do something before he went to me and yelled out, “I take dibs on Mi-ja!”

“Yah, hyung, that’s not fair!” Taemin complained, his eyes wide and pointing at the maknae, accusing him falsely as Minho grabbed my hand and ran, dragging me along with me. Taemin’s callings grew further and further away as we ran out of the mansion. I stumbled a bit as I tried to keep up with him, but still ran in the same speed and pace. My heart raced and I don’t know if I’m running hard or the fact that he’s holding my hand so tightly.

We were behind the mansion then, on the basketball court where we’ve stopped and panted for air. He pulled me close, our body pressed together. I was still panting, a little bit out of breath and so was he. I could feel his hot breath masking over my forehead. I shyly looked away when we made a quick eye contact, glancing at each other. I could hear the music still from this distance, the volume loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear.

I clamped my lips shut before stepping back and hitting the dark-haired male on the arm. “Yah, why did you bring me out here so suddenly? I may not be wearing high heels, but they are still heels and I almost stumbled over my two feet!” I shrieked. However, I gasped when he grabbed my shoulders and forced me to stand still, his serious eyes boring into my soul.

“…Who confessed to you first?”

I stammered, taken aback from his sudden question. “W-Wae—why do you want to know?”

Minho bit his bottom lip and let out a sigh as he released my shoulders. “I…I just wanted to know. There’s no way you’d be taking so long to think about your decision. I heard you, Mi-ja, when you were talking to Jongshin. You said that you had three people who confessed to you and you’re having problems. Who are they and who confessed to you first?”

I stared at him, my lips parted open as I tried to bring the answer out of my mouth, but I clamped them shut. Looking at his face, his expression looked…hurt. I let out a sigh and finally answered, “The three people who’ve confessed to me are you, Key and Taemin,” I paused for a moment before averting my eyes to our feet, eying our footwear. “Key was the first one to confess to me, that time when he snuck out and left you guys with Su-Min. He did do that, but I rejected him.”

Minho let out an understanding hum. “But…” he trailed off; almost as if he knew that something happened to us after that. I looked further down.

But…” I started, feeling a bit guilty that I’m keeping them waiting. Key doesn’t know that I’m reconsidering him as he must be convinced that I’ve truly rejected him. “Ever since the day I saved him from getting hurt at Gangnam, I fell for him. At first, I thought it was something that would easily just be gone, but it grew when he began to be more affectionate around me.” Then I looked at him. “And then Taemin came in and confessed to me secondly. And on that same day, after I recovered from the knockout, you confessed as the third person to do so. To be honest, I began to feel something for you before Taemin and Key when I first met you guys. I held a large amount of interest in you before Taemin and Key confessed to me. Before they did, I barely even had an interest in Key. I liked Taemin’s dancing but it wasn’t anything physical or serious. Now that they did, I’m stuck. But I don’t know what is this feeling…I don’t know whether what I’m feeling is just ‘like’ or maybe above that… I’ve never felt such things before.”

Minho stared at me shocked. “Never in your life had you felt those feelings? You never even had a crush back in the States?”

I shook my head at his answer. “Everyone there was too much like family to me. I couldn’t imagine dating my friends or my best friend there. I liked a few, got rejected some, maybe suffered a bit of a bad rumor as a result from one who got dumped by me, but it was nothing physical.”

“No wonder why you’re so confused,” he murmured, now wrapping his arms around me. “Mian, for making your mind more messed up than usual. It must have been tough on you.”

It was, I spoke mentally to myself, but I mustn’t tell you that. My lips clamped tight to prevent myself from saying so as my heart sped up, hugging him back and burying my face into his clothed chest. I pulled away and smiled at Minho, who smiled back at me. My heartbeat increased, but I tried not to let it show as I looked away from him, spotting a rack full of bright orange-red basketballs from the distance to our left. I smirked and looked back at him, who shook his head and stepped back.

“I know what you’re thinking,” he spoke as he went towards them, “And you’ll never beat me.”

I snorted. “You’ll never know unless you’ve seen me try.”

Minho took out one and dribbled it on the ground, the thuds echoing as the ball bounced. “I’ve seen you play volleyball and I have to say… you were…mediocre.” I stared at him with wide eyes before getting into stance.

Mwo…! You’ll pay for saying that, Froggy! I’ll make you cry for me,” I retorted in a teasing tone. I could care less if my boots had heels—I’m going to play the game and win it.

Minho scoffed, “As if you’d make me cry! I will win this round and you would be—yah!” He yelled when he got caught off-guard as I successfully snatched the ball from him and made a shoot into the hoop. It went in smoothly. I turned and gave the rapper a V-sign before giggling.

“That’s one point for me!”

“Yah, that is not fair, you took the ball when I was talking!” Minho remarked, pouting at me. I swayed my head, blocking out his protests.

“Finders keepers~” I chided; now having the ball back into my hand as I bounced the ball while walking around the male in circles.

Minho smirked. “So you want to play it the hard way, huh? Alright, it’s on!”

We were playing the game playfully with a hint of seriousness, both of laughing and playing basketball together. The music from the distance helped up boost our energy level up, the beat bouncy and lively.

“Kya…!”

I squealed when Minho grabbed me from behind, the basketball in my hands as he spun me around. I laughed, feeling the cool wind brush against my face as he spun me before hoisting me over his shoulder. I flailed around, laughing. “Let me go, you stupid frog!”

“No can do, princess, now hand over the basketball,” he told me, a chuckle heard in his voice.

I humph’ed stubbornly, not wanting to give up the ball. He sighed then.

“You have left me…no choice!

I felt such a ticklish sensation rushing from my sides that I had the urge to squirm away from it. “Ack, no, don’t—hehehehe, stop it! It tickles!” I squirmed around over his shoulder, trying to get out from his tickling fingers before screaming, “Alright, alright, I give! I give!” And to prove it, I dropped the basketball, the object bouncing a couple of times before rolling away. I was put down to the ground, leaving me breathless as I gasped for air after my laughing fit. I rolled my eyes at Minho who faked an evil laugh.

“Yes, at last, the ball is mine!” I picked up another ball and attempted to throw it at his head. He dodged it though and stuck his tongue out at me. “Yah, you could have killed me~” he whined, laughing when I began chasing him.

Why you…!”

We’ve continued to play like this, trying to make the party last. The rest of SHINee and Min-Ae and Min had found us and decided to join in, both Min and Minho laughed as they decided to get competitive with each other. I laughed at Key, who was grumbling to himself as he sat on the bleachers, his hair and his attire soaking wet. “It’s not funny!” He cried out, only to have Jonghyun snort at him and respond back, “You look like a drenched cat that took a dive into the pool, of course it’s funny!”

Key sneezed as a reply to that. Man…that was adorable. He shouldn’t be out here for too long when he’s still drenched.

I just had a good time with them, playing with them lots. I was too busy playing that I didn’t realize that one member was missing in action – that one person sitting on top of a small hill, watching us from above.

I didn’t realize that until I found out that the familiar aura of the dancer was not around. I looked around the area and saw him sitting on top of a hill, the mansion behind him. He looked down, twisting his ring on his index finger and just watched us but not meeting anyone’s eyes. His expression seemed to be neutral, not looking troubled or anything of the sorts as he looked like he was thinking about something important. Then his face contorted up in one full of annoyance and frustration as he picked at his left ear furiously. It must be the headpiece as he took it out and threw it at the grassy ground, the black object bouncing off upon the grass.

My eyes met his for a brief second before he looked away. I frowned slightly in confusion, my eyes lingering on the black-haired dancer for a momentary time before they slowly moved down to the ground beneath me. I let out a soft hum as I looked away completely, clasping my hands and rubbing my thumb over my rainbow ring on my ring finger.

I wonder… how will our story end when I choose one of you guys? At least, that’s what I’ve thought before I was called by Min and went back into the game.


Hmm, Taemin seems a bit pissed off at the ending, don't ya think? Why do you think he's like that?

And that's that, everyone! With a hint of Su-Min being humiliated, again. Also, while I was typing up this chapter, I even made edits on my tumblr of Taemin and Minho, featuring Mi-ja. omg, srsly, I THINK THIS FANFIC  IS INFLUENCING ME TOO MUCH.

 

Taemin and Mi-ja

inspired by Nalia Ali - Pressue (Alesso Remix)

i was a lover, now a thief

  

Wow, I just wanted--I just wanted to find similarities between the model and the idol, okay?! So I used their sitting position as one of their similarities.
... > n > ;;; okay, I must admit, I was surprised too, okay?

 

Minho and Mi-ja

i will be your other half if you'll be mine.

 

Them too. This time, it's flowers. Freakin' flowers.

 

And then I went and made a love triange diagram between Mi-ja, Minho, Taemin and Key. .___.

 

The Love Triangle

i can see how mi-ja is frustrated now...same here.

(right click and go view in another tab or click here to see the full screen version -- it's quite big sooo...)

And so yeah! :D You have no idea how bored I was to wait for Saturday/Sunday just to post an update, seriously. But eh, it was better than doing nothing. Think of it as presents for you guys for waiting. c: And my thanks for subscribing to this story even though it's a bit unplanned and uncalled for and it's taking its sweet time to get to the end ._. ;;;

Thank you so much for the 59+ subscribers, guys! It made me glad that you're liking the story! Oh, and if you're wondering what Su-Min looks like, (I probably wont be showing pictures for side characters in future idol x oc fanfics -- maybe, maybe not) here's a photo:

I love the model seriously and she seems nice. Im not hating on the person, I'm hating on her character, which is Su-Min she will be playing as. >___> ;; There's such thing of what we all know as acting

Thanks for reading this lovely (and long) chapter, and my apologies for making you wait again for the next one. See you next time!

2014.03.09: *The chapter may have some mistakes such as missing words in the sentences as it is not properly checked. This will be edited later with the corrections.*

2014.03.16: *Completely edited!*

/cough. You're very welcome.