Warmth

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

“What is it?”

I reached both of my arms out to him, a playful smirk on my face, Piggyback ride.


I giggled as he carried me outside to his car. He grunted, lowering me down to the ground.

“I thank you for the ride, oppa~!” I teased. Then I whined when he flicked my forehead.

Aish, you crazy girl, you—I cannot believe this is the actual Mi-ja I’m talking to.” Kangdae huffed. I only giggled and turned away from him.

“Well, now you have learnt something about me.” I said as I got into the backseat of the car, seeing Min-Ae in the front. She was quiet and I’m guessing that she does not wish to speak with me. I could see her eyes narrowing from the front mirror as she looked ahead, not making any eye contact with me or even Kangdae-oppa as he entered the car, sliding into the driver seat.

I checked myself, making sure I had everything—my rainbow ring, (thank god, it’s still on), my two phones (I’m surprised that they didn’t take them out of my pockets—then again, they probably didn’t know) and my glasses. (What? I had to be sure!)

“Ready?” I heard Kangdae call out from the front seat and I nodded.

“Yup, I’m ready.”

And then we drove out of the parking lot and into the road. I leaned back into my backseat and peered at the front mirror. I could see Kangdae’s eyes focused on the road, his hands gripping tightly onto the driver’s wheel. I scooted to the left where I was behind Min-Ae’s seat, and I was able to see her eyes practically glaring at the ground through the side mirror.

It was just too quiet in here. Damn, somebody do something. Like a phone call or anything!

I was so glad when my actual cellphone rang Jonghyun’s ringtone—it was called Hot Times› I think, when I found out that he was in the SM Ballad collaboration.

I took it out of my back pocket and answered the phone call. “Yeobeseyo, what do you want, Jonghyun?”

I could hear Minho laugh in the background and Jonghyun whine, Aish, Minho was rightyou really do answer your phone like that, you meanie!

I chuckled and I glanced at the front mirror—Min-Ae’s eyes were now completely on me and was currently eavesdropping onto the conversation.

Did I forget to mention that it was on speakers? Yeah, I guess I did.

I did a raspberry over the phone and I heard Jonghyun gasp in mock horror.

Yah, that was rude of you, Mi-Mi!

“Mi-Mi…? That’s a stupid nickname—it sounds like I’m being called like a dog.”

This time, it was Key cackling from the other side of the phone call, shrieking out at the male: I told you so! along with Jonghyun screaming back, You shut up, diva!

Kangdae and I could help but laugh at the conversation they were having on the other line—only Min-Ae stayed quiet, biting her bottom lip as she contained herself.

Jonghyun cleared his throat after his nonsense and spoke, Are you free today? Were planning to go to the amusement park and have some fun. Well pick you up from your house, if you want.

I could hear Min-Ae’s breathing hitch at this sentence as I chuckled, “Actually, I’m in the car with Kangdae-oppa and Min-Ae right now.”

Eh? Waeyo? His voice sounded confused, and I heard a bit of murmuring from the background—probably about why I’m in the car with Min-Ae.

“Um…let’s just say… I came from the hospital…?”

“…” There’s silence from the other line. I didn’t hear anybody say anything for a few moments.

Something tells me that everything is just processing in their little brain of theirs and Key will soon burst into the phone. I pulled the phone away from my face and reached it out to the window, as far as it could as I waited for the incoming message.

YOU WERE WHAT?! Key screeched into the phone, the bit of wind blowing away a few strands of my hair as I listened to his yells from the phone that I was holding away at a certain distance. Kangdae just burst out laughing. Min-Ae couldn’t help but roll her eyes and look out the window, trying to hide the smile that was already coming up. (I saw it, you little stubborn brat. I saw it!)

“…Hey, Kangdae-oppa, want to talk to them for a bit~?” I stalled; not wanting to explain what happened and just let him do the rest.

Hey, you little missy, listen to me! Mi-baby, you got some deep explaining to do, hear me!? Yah!!!!~ I ignored him as well as Onew’s and Taemin’s laughing in the background and just held the phone out to him and let him do the explaining.

“‘Sup, this is Kangdae, Mi-ja’s stepbrother.” He spoke out with a smile and SHINee greeted him. There was a bit more talking and knowing names (and voices); then the whole explanation began.

Those little es, I swearonce Ill see them, theyll regret ever messing with her!

“I know, Key. I know, but I really don’t think that’s a good idea. Depending on how Mi-ja talked about you.”

I smacked myself on the forehead. Why did I tell him all about Key? Ill never know

She spoke about me?! What did she say!? Key spoke up, his voice high and full of curiosity.

Kangdae was about to speak up but I then pulled the phone away from him and screamed, Nothing! Here, talk to Min-Ae! And with that, I shoved the phone into Min-Ae’s laps, surprising her. She turned to me, holding my phone and yelled, “What the hell!? I don’t—why did you suddenly give the call to me!?”

I shrugged, acting innocent, mumbling, Mol~la~yo~…”

“Argh…w-why you—this is not—!” She was about yell but was cut off when Taemin then came onto the phone, his cheery voice showing into the phone, Hello Min-Ae~! Mi-ja had spoken of you!

I silently thanked Taemin for covering that up. I saw her falter a bit and decided to answer. “R-Really, are you for real?” Oh goodie, shes in her fangirl modeat least, most of it. I stared at her as she spoke with SHINee and I found myself smiling, seeing her eyes sparkle with pure happiness. I heard Key and Jonghyun thanking her for helping out Mi-ja after she told them about the incident that happened at the university. I chuckled when she stubbornly said, “I-It’s not a big deal! She’s only my personal assistant; I don’t want to be a bother trying to find somebody else who is nerdy like her.”

I had to laugh when Key screamed out, Right, right?! Shes a cute nerd that cannot be replaced!

For some odd reasons, Key is over-exaggerating on the plan a bit too much.

“Key-umma, jebal, you are frustrating me!”

But its true, Mi-baby!

“Oh, my god, shut up, will you?!”

Nope, I will never, ever, ever! Hear me? NEVER, EVER, EVER~ Key taunted and I leaned back into the backseat with a frustrated groan.

Then I heard it.

Aside from SHINee’s laughter in the phone, I heard Min-Aes laughter.

I looked at her and I was surprised to see her actually looking at me—me, as Mi-ja—laughing at the small yet silly conversation we were having through the phone. Her eyes were bright and turned into crescents, and her smile was wide, her pearly white teeth showing.

I glanced at the front mirror and I saw Kangdae wink at me. I smiled and looked out of the car window, tuning out the excited conversation Min-Ae was having with SHINee.

Not warming up to me, huh? I thought, watching the cars pass by quickly as Kangdae drove on the road, the car speeding up as he was going to take me to the desired destination.

I can see likewise; Min-Ae, I’ll definitely know your ‘horrible’ past. I’ll definitely find out your reasons for disliking me, and your reasons for shutting your true emotions towards me. I smirked, resting my bandaged head onto the window.