Confession

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

Everything was just ridiculously fishy.


During lunch, I didn’t get to see SHINee because of Su-Min.

So I just decided to go to the music studio room for some quietness. Plus, I need to think of what I’m going to do for my performance…

As I arrived in the spacious music studio room, all I could see was the piano and mirror walls.

It was nice, being alone like this. That reminded me that I’m still a person whom nobody noticed yet makes fun of.

What’s the word? Ah, right: Wallflower.

To be honest, I never really liked that term, but it grew onto me. I was shut out of my real side before I even got a chance to show it.

I frowned at the negative thoughts in my head and tried to shake it out.

“What am I thinking? I shouldn’t be like this – I have a performance to practice.”

I spent my time, thinking what should I perform; what song am I going to play; what instrument should I cover it in; am I going to dance? – Or maybe even sing? I sighed, resting my head on the piano. It was just so hard to prepare yourself for something. I actually feel like doing it at the last minute.

Nevermind that Ill just practice the dance for Min-Aes performance for now.

I stood up, pushing myself away from the piano and stood in the center of the large music studio, where there was more space for me to dance into. I looked at my attire and pursued my lips. I wasn’t really sure if I was able to dance in what I’m wearing, but I shrugged it off. It can’t be helped anyways; I just need to practice the dance for a moment.

I stretched for a bit before humming the song for a bit, going towards the chorus.

I got a boy meotjin! I got a boy chakhan!
(I got a boy, cool! I got a boy, kind!)
I got a boy handsome boy nae mam da kajyeogan
(I got a boy, handsome boy, who completely stole my heart)
I got a boy meotjin! I got a boy chakhan!
(I got a boy, cool! I got a boy, kind!)
I got a boy awesome boy wahnjeon banhaenna bwah—
(I got a boy, awesome boy, I think I completely fell for him—)

I sang the chorus as I swung my hips side to side, remembering the dance.

“Practicing, I see?”

I stopped abruptly as I jumped a little in shock, my eyes wide. I looked at the person by the door through the mirror wall before turning around, staring at the person. I recognized him instantly from the straight locks of his black hair and his bangs. “Key…? I thought you were helping Su-Min and the others with the preparations and planning!”

He shrugged and walked up to me as he spoke, “I snuck out. I didn’t want be around that girl anymore, so I’m letting my good friends take the suffering for me.”

I rolled my eyes at his sly smile and looked away. “Congratulation, you’ve escaped. Are you going to go now?” I could see him pouting through the mirror.

“Aniyo…” I sighed at his answer. He was looking at me now, with puppy dog eyes—no, rather a puppy, he looked like a hurt kitty. If only he had cat ears, I would see that he’s sad by the way the ears flattened down on the sides of his head and his tail drooping.

SHINee and their unavoidable aegyoI pinched my nose bridge, my glasses going up a bit before nodding with a sigh, “Fine, stay here with me.” I pretended to not see when he did his little happy dance. …It was cute seeing him like that though.


I hummed the chorus once again, swinging my body left and right with Key carefully observing my moves.

“Your hips are too stiff, Mi-baby—I understand you want to get this done but you can’t do a good performance if you’re stiff with the waist.”

I sighed and stopped dancing before turning to the blond as I spoke, “Well, I can’t even relax when you’re there staring at me! That’s why I’m so stiff!”

Key looked offended, “Yah, I’m observing you for any mistakes—I know this dance inside out and I thought you’d want me to help you! Apparently not…” He huffed and did his diva eye roll.

I sighed again and shrugged, “Fine, I need your help, Key-umma.”

He smirked, happy that he had won me over before going up to me. I stepped back a little in surprise, my eyes wide at the distance between us—he came a bit too close! I felt his hands on my waist as he guided me. My cheeks were burning from the sudden contact as I felt myself pressing against his body.

W-What is this!? Thisthis is so awkward!

Yes, it was awkward. I was unable to move and couldn’t speak about it. I keep my eyes glued at the floor or his chest (which is surprisingly broad) as he taught me, moving my hips. I could feel his fingers gripping onto me, holding me tightly as he, by control, swung my hips as if I’m seducing him.

“One, two, one, two—they should be moving freely like this. You have to get that feeling if you want Min-Ae’s performance to be successful.”

He didn’t even seem to be bothered by it. His voice shows it. I just nodded and didn’t look up.

“…Mi-baby…” His voice was soft, yet demanding. I was hesitating—should I look up or not? I decided to look up and saw those warm brown eyes staring into mine. Then I felt myself being pushed against the mirror wall. I gasped in shock when his arms wrapped around my waist as he stared at me, his eyes containing emotion that I couldn’t describe in words.

“K-Key…?” I cried out in surprise. What is he…!? His hands were moving up from my waist to my cheeks, cupping them as he leaned in suddenly, his eyes closed. My eyes went wide at the sudden action and before his lips clashed onto mine, I forcefully pushed him away, shocked at what he was trying to do.

Key didn’t seem to be bothered by this—it’s almost as if he had expected it.

“M-Mwoya…?! What are you doing!?” I shrieked, my cheeks burning red. I couldn’t like him that way! He’s too much of a motherly figure and it’s like making out with my own mother!—which is not a good sight to see, to be honest.

Butwhy did I react to him so quickly? Why couldnt I do the same when Jonghyun and Minho tried to do it?

The dark-haired male shrugged and smiled sadly at me, “I really like you, Mi-ja. But I know you don’t feel the same for me.”

My heart clenched at his words as I stared at him in shock. He had his head hung low; his feline eyes downwards, almost as if he’s in pain from the way his eyebrows furrowed. “B-But… but you knew that I didn’t feel the same way for you! Why…why would you confess to me?”

“…To get it off my chest,” said Key. I felt so bad for rejecting him like this, the guilt rushing all over me.

“…I’m… Mianhae… but I don’t feel the same way…I like you, Key-umma, I really do, but not in the way you think it is. You act too much like a mom that I have not received any romantic feelings for you. I’m really sorry.” I bowed down low to show my apology and regret of not accepting him. But it was the truth; I couldn’t date him even if I’ve tried.

He shook his head and spoke, “Don’t apologize, I knew you didn’t like me.”

I smiled softly at him and asked, “Are we still friends?”

Key did his diva eye roll and scoffed, “Of course, Mi-baby! Why shouldn’t we? I’m not going to let a measly confession break our friendship! Yes, it hurts, but it’s better than keeping it in and regretting not to confess!”

I giggled. He was right at some point. You wouldn’t want to bother keeping in the pain—you should just let it out to relieve the heartache.

“Plus, I know you like one of us.”

My face burned red when he mentioned that, looking away from his smirk. Then he shrugged, “But I don’t know who you like, but whomever that is, I’ll support both of you, even if it’s my band members.”

I looked up at him with wide eyes before my face broke into a grin. I’m glad that he wasn’t against my rejection and liking somebody else at all.

“…Are we still friends, Key?” I asked once again after a moment has passed. I saw him scoff once again.

“I said, of course! How many times do I have to say that?” I smiled at his answer before going up to him and hugged him tightly, my arms wrapped around his upper body. I felt him do the same, his arms around me, his hands underneath my skin. My muscles tensed from the ticklish sensation when his fingers snuck around my torso, touching the bare flesh that my shirt had shown off a little from the hug.

We said nothing as we stayed like this: me, burying my face into his clothed chest, not caring if I messed up my glasses and him, my long, auburn hair.

I couldn’t see the glaring eyes that stood by the open doorway of the studio.