Escape

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

You! Min-Ae cried out as she stared at me.

Awwwwwwww man, I knew it wouldnt work.


We stayed there like that for quite a while, with Min-Ae’s eyes still wide while I stayed rooted to the spot, unable to come up with, with…with something.

“You…” I froze; her voice was dangerously close as she narrowed her eyes at me, her finger right in my face. I got this déjà vu moment—this was exactly the same scene we had when we were in that classroom, with her trying to threaten me with her petty words to stay away from SHINee—except I’m in a disguise with a light blonde wig and pale-blue coloured contact lenses.

Her eyes then soften and her face lit up in happiness, the kind of happiness when you have an idol talking to you. …Mwo? Whats with her? I thought in confusion.

My hands were then grabbed and held tightly, covered by her two warm hands. Her brown eyes were definitely sparkling, I can see that. I furrowed my eyebrows and I straightforwardly said,  “What.”  Yup, said it in a straight voice and in English. It didn’t faze her though; the thought of me pretending to be American didn’t enter that thick skull of hers.

“You’re that girl who took a photo with Key and a hug from Jonghyun!” She squealed, practically bouncing with my hands in hers, while I tried my best to stay rooted to the ground, not wanting to bounce alongside with her. My face was in a displeased look and I didn’t want to be around her any longer—other than that, I had no ing idea what was going on with this girl.

Min-Ae was too busy in her own world to notice this, “Omona, you even got played with by Taemin! They converse with you so well! I wish they were like that with me.” She said with a pout and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.

“Well, um, about that…” I was about to say, but I was completely cut off.

“You must be really special. Maybe you met them before? Oh! Are you childhood friends with them?! Daebak~! That would be so~ cool!” Min-Ae gushed on and again, I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

You have no idea

“You know, I really like you! You’re different—I mean, you act so normal around them and you play along with their acts like it’s so easy to you!” She told me, a grin on her face and I made an awkward laugh.

Yeah, try having them 24/7 on you all the time…” I mumbled to myself and I guess that didn’t go unnoticed because I could see her straining her eyes to make me repeat what I’ve said.

I shook my head and pulled my hands away from her grasp. “Mianhae, but I got to go. I…It is very important and I cannot miss it.” I said to her as politely as I can be before I dashed away from her, a bag over my shoulder. Min gave it to me before I left, so I put in my (now signed) album book and the Polaroid photo of me and Key in there, as well as my glasses (in which Min gave back to me) and the cases for my contact lenses (which Min bought for me).

Ah, wait! Whats your name?!

I didn’t even bother turn back. I just ran, away from her and that witch who was calling out Min-Ae’s name from the distance.


I quickly burst into the mansion, startling Kangdae who was just sitting at the couch watching TV. I’m so glad Appa’s still out at this hour because right now, I’m not in the right mood for any explanations.

“Whoa, I guess you really snuck out and went to the concert, huh?” He said with a chuckle and I paid no mind to him and I dashed upstairs.

“Mianhae, I can’t talk right now, later oppa, good night, and annyeong!” I said all in two breaths, as I ran upstairs to my room.

As soon as I entered my bedroom, I slammed the door shut and practically ripped the wig off my head. I opened up my bag and stuffed it inside. I ruffled my reddish brown hair, making it look messy and decided to change out of my clothes. I switched to a large white t-shirt and sweatpants and I tied my hair up into a ponytail. Then I quickly stuffed the clothes Min bought for me into the bag as well before going out of my room and into the bathroom to take off the contacts.

With those done, I rushed back into my bedroom and put back the contacts into the cases and I grabbed my glasses, putting back on.

Hey, were home! I heard Min-Ae call out and I cursed myself. I heard Kangdae then conversing with her, giving me enough time to clear things. Gomawo, Kangdae-oppa!

I closed up my bags that contained all the things I wore and had from the concert and hid it underneath my bed, making sure the sheets were covering them properly so they were out of sight. I then power-walked over to my window and closed it shut.

I heard footsteps coming up. I looked at my computer desk. Still full with completed paperwork and they were not in stacks. Aw, double . I wished myself luck, and quickly began to stack up all according to the page numbers and in type of format it had (e.g., cheque, leaflets, documents, etc.) I overwhelmed myself when I managed to complete it all in 50 and ½ seconds. I was so grateful that the stairs were long otherwise I would never make it.

I grabbed a random book and I flopped onto my bed, opening it as soon Min-Ae slammed open the door, her eyes burning right into me.

I looked at her and raised my eyebrows. “…Ne? How was the concert?” I asked, making complete sure that my voice sounded normal.

Min-Ae looked around then shrugged, “It was fine. This one girl got a hug from Jonghyun though. Can you believe that SHINee was comfortable around her?” Min-Ae tsk’ed and I shrugged, acting innocent. “I didn’t even get her name, she ran away before she could answer. She seems to be in a rush.”

Yupa big rush she was in. I mentally smacked myself on the forehead.

I pointed at my desk, “I completed all of them for you.”

Min-Ae’s face was full of surprise and her eyes brightened slightly at first but then darken before she gave me a scoff, “That’s good; at least you stayed here all your life to complete paperwork. Too bad, you didn’t get to go to the concert~ boo-hoo-hoo~.” She sneered at me. “I’m telling you, SHINee and I will be together.” That was all she said before she finally left the bedroom.

I sighed and put down the book. “Trust me, I did…and…it was awesome.” I giggled; I’m happy with the fact that I got to see them perform. I buried my head into my pillow, feeling tired with the numerous events I had in one day.