4

Secret Love

 

 

Sejin watched as Lay and Mrs. Zhang finished preparing the meal Heejin was preparing earlier, both mother and son were good cooks.

“Have you two planned the date already?”

“Not yet, auntie. I’ve been busy lately, Yixing too.” Sejin reasoned.

“You should already plan it, your pa and I are not getting any younger.” The older woman chided.

Sejin could only smile, her head turning briefly at the library’s direction.

“Sejin-ah, why don’t you set up the table? We’re almost done here.”

 

“That...was tiring.” Sejin murmured as they watched the car sped away.

“I should get Heejin.” Lay squeezed her hand once and went back to the house again. Sejin puffed her cheeks and glanced back at their house, then she walked towards the gate.

“I feel guilty.” She whispered as she closed the gates behind her and decided to walk around.

 

Your POV

 

I had no idea ma and pa were back. I was happy Heejin made time to drop by and cook for Lay. I feel guilty that that had to happen.

No, I feel guilty that this had to happen. This engagement, the arranged marriage. I know how Heejin feels, it’s not comfortable to have a boyfriend who’s engaged to marry someone.

I sighed.

I feel like some sort of...barricade or hindrance.

I stopped walking and noticed the playground in front of me.

In this neighbourhood in Gangnam, Yixing’s family and mine have lived here since we were babies. We even played in this very playground. In this exact place, I befriended Xingnicorn.

I can’t even recall how Yixing and I got into this mess. At first, we thought that it was just a joke that our parents promised us to be wed when we grow up.

Well, look at us now.

We’re already engaged.

So much for not taking things seriously, Sejin.

I sighed as I felt the cold air hit my back.

I feel bad for Heejin, Lay and her clearly love each other.

 

Lay’s POV

 

I waved as Heejin sped away from our gate.

She must have felt bad that ma and pa had to barge in on us.

I looked around as I walked in the house.

“Sejin, ni zai nail?” I called out, after ma and pa left she just disappeared.

“Sejin-ah?” I went up to her room only to find it empty.

She went out again.

 

Narrator

 

Lay grabbed his gray hoodie before stepping out of the house, he closed the gates behind him and jogged towards the neighbourhood’s playground.

He frowned as he saw Sejin sitting alone on top of the slide.

“Ya, you had me worried.”

Sejin looked at him then smiled.

“You always know where to find me anyway.” She waved him off, Lay yawned lightly and sat on one of the swings.

“How did it go with Heejin?” She asked as she went down from the slide instead of sliding.

“She...was quiet when she left.” Lay frowned, Sejin nodded and began to push him.

“I know what you’re thinking, it’s not your fault.” Lay said, his back facing her, but he knew her too well.

“How about you take a day off tomorrow and go out with her?” She suggested, Lay smiled at her then stood up.

“Come on, bao bei, let’s go home.”

“You did not just call me that!” Sejin scowled at him. Lay chuckled and tugged on the hood of her coat.

“It’s getting cold. Home, now.”

 

Luhan looked up as his cousin stomped inside his office, he sighed and dismissed the directors he was having a meeting with.

“Gege.”

“What?”

“Last night,”

“Heejin came over, right. So?”

“Zhang ma and Zhang pa arrived, it went...crazy.”

Luhan’s eyes widened.

“No, Lay made her hide, but I feel bad.” She sighed.

“Well, that happens, Jinnie. It’s part of it, I guess.”

Sejin puffed her cheeks.

“How’s your new project going?” Luhan smiled at her.

“It’s going well, the secretary told me that Director Kim Jongin would be in Seoul by next week. I hope he’ll like my work.” She nodded enthusiastically.

Then the doors to Luhan’s office opened.

“Lay?” Luhan looked at him. Lay sighed in relief as he saw his fiance blinking back at him, then he scowled at her.

“Uhm, I miss you too? Even though I just ate breakfast with you earlier.” Sejin said.

“Ni!”

“Wo?”

Luhan bit back a laugh.

“I’ve been calling you, ma and pa wants us to have lunch together.”

“Oh, I left my bag at the car~”

“Come on, let’s go. Ge, see you around.” Lay smiled at Luhan before pulling Sejin out of his office.

 

“Hey! I still haven’t forgiven you for the bao bei thing!” Sejin grumbled as they walked to the elevator.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++