3

Secret Love

 

 

“This is the place.” Samsung’s lady employee opened the door for Sejin.

Sejin looked around the empty place, the office was a big space and it showcased the view of Seoul with its window panels.

“I need to take pictures.” Sejin said as she took out DSLR and snapped away.

“Does...Director Kim have any spefications? How would he like his office to look like?”

“We called him earlier, he said you could do whatever you want. He has no specifications about the space.”

Sejin nodded and took a second glance around.

“Then, I’ll be back by Friday with some of our firm’s workers.”

 

“Hejinnie!” Sejin grinned as she stepped in the house and found the other lady cooking in the kitchen.

“I missed you!” She chuckled as she hugged the other girl. Heejin laughed.

“I’m cooking japchae and samgyupsal, are you hungry?”

Sejin nodded and looked around.

“Yixing?”

“He’s upstairs.”

“Then, I’ll go up and change. Enjoy cooking.” Sejin chuckled as she made her way to the stairs.

Sejin skipped to her room and changed into a pair of terry shorts and a muscle top. Then she went to Lay’s study.

“I already had my things move out, don’t worry.” Lay said as she stepped in.

“How was work, Xingnicorn?”

“It was fine, Heejin’s-”

“I know, she’s making samgyupsal.”

Lay rolled his eyes at her then went back at looking at his computer screen.

“How did the meeting with Samsung go?”

Sejin walked towards the glass windows behind him.

“It was- oh .” She balked.

“, , Yixing!” She panicked.

“Words, Sejin.”

“No, ma and pa’s here. Your ma and pa!” She screamed.

Lay stood up and went down.

 

Sejin ran towards the front door.

“Sorry, Hee. I didn’t know they would visit.” Lay frowned as he guided Heejin towards the library. She sighed but gave Lay a sweet smile.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault. I’ll stay here.” She said as she gave Lay a quick kiss. Lay smiled, his dimple showing then he left.

Heejin’s shoulders dropped as she sat on one of the couches.

She knew the moment Lay and Sejin told them about their arrangement that it was going to be difficult, but Heejin didn’t like lying and hiding.

“Himnae.” She murmured before leaning her back on the leather couch.

 

“Done?” Sejin whispered, Lay nodded and pulled the door open.

“Ma, Pa, good evening.” He greeted, Sejin smiled as the elders entered.

“Good to see you, son. Sejin, how’s my daughter-in-law doing?” Auntie Zhang smiled as she kissed Sejin’s cheeks.

“Wo hen hao, auntie. I didn’t know you were back.” She smiled and looked at Lay.

“Yes, you didn’t even call.” Lay nodded, Sejin smiled and greeted Lay’s father with a hug.

“Uncle, nice to see you again.” She chirped, the older man smiled and patted her cheek.

“We just arrived this morning, we decided we should check on you two.” Mrs. Zhang smiled, Sejin threw Lay a troubled look.

Lay smiled and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“We’re doing fine, Ma. I was just...making dinner.”

Sejin nodded enthusiastically.

“What are you making? Maybe I can help you.” Mrs. Zhang said as she walked towards their kitchen, Lay’s father had walked towards the living room.

“They didn’t call you?” Sejin said through her smile, Lay shook his head and let go of her.

“Mei? Yixing? Come here!” Lay’s mother called them.

 

The couple winced and marched towards the kitchen.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++