29

Secret Love

 

 

Sejin grinned happily as Sehun stepped in their place.

“Chanyeol and Luhan ge are at the back, grilling the meat.” She told him as they walked in the living room.

“What about Lay hyung?”

“He’s in his room, Heejin’s here with us too.”

Sehun’s brows furrowed.

“I know what you’re thinking, after that scandal I had to explain to Chanyeol and you, but please act natural, hm?”

Sehun made a face at her.

“I don’t know how you got into such a big mess.”

“I second the motion, Sehun.” A deep voice joined them, Kris strolled to them and sat down.

“Ge, are they done cooking?” She asked.

 

Heejin nodded as Chanyeol chatted with her, but her eyes would always go back to the house’s glass doors.

She saw Sejin, Sehun and Kris step out and walk to them, Heejin looked away.

“Where’s Yixing?” Luhan asked as he flipped the meat.

“He’s in his room, anyway, how’s the meat going?” She smiled, Luhan made a face at her.

“I-”

“Smells good.” Lay strolled to them, he greeted the others and stood beside Sejin.

“Are we epxecting others?” He asked.

“Just Kai, I’m not even sure if he can come.” She shrugged, Lay nodded quietly and walked to Heejin.

“Let’s talk.”

 

 

Sejin walked back to the house heading for ht ekitchen to get some vegetables.

“Mei?”

She sighed and set down the things on the counter.

“It’s getting hard, ge.” She murmured, Luhan frowned and stepped to her.

“They’re fighting, and I think-”

“No, it’s not your fault. You’re just stuck in the middle, but it’s not-it will never be your fault, Kim Sejin.” Luhan said firmly.

“You’re already suffering enough just by seeing them together, why are you being like this?” Luhan chided. She shook her head.

“I don’t know, ge. I don’t know.” She bit her lip.

“Do you think it’s a wise thing Sehun and Chanyeol knows too?”

“We grew up together, I trust them. Besides it’s better this way. I don’t’ have to lie to them too.”

Then they heard the doorbell echo in the house.

“That must be Jongin, finally.” She smiled then stepped away.

 

“Look. I’m sorry about the other day, I know you’re having a hard time because of this, but-”

Heejin shook her head at him, the two had stepped away from the group and were sitting by the pool behind the house.

“I shouldn’t have exploded on you.” She said, Lay took both of her hands and smiled at her.

“Yixing? Come on!” Luhan called to them from afar, Lay grinned and bent down to kiss Heejin’s temple.

“Let’s go.”

 

“Isn’t that going to be awkward for you?” Kai asked as they walked in the living room, he was walking a little slow with his sprained leg.

“A…little? But it’s okay.” Sejin shrugged at him then she turned back.

“Does it hurt? I’ll help you.” She grinned at him then placed his arm around her neck.

“Sejin, I’m fine. I can walk.” Kai tried to pull away. Sejin shook her head.

“Dwaesso, just let me help you.” She nudged him lightly, Kai looked away as they walked towards the doors to the garden.

“Mei!” Luhan called to them as they stepped out, his brows rose briefly then he glanced at Kris who just smirked.

“How’s your ankle?” Kris asked casually as he walked to them.

“I’m actually okay, hyung. Sejin’s was insisting on helping me.”

Sejin grinned as she let Kai sit beside Sehun. Then she saw Heejin and Lay walking towards them, she smiled at the two.

“Ta de yaoqing?(He’s invited?)” Lay blinked at her. Kris and Luhan tensed.

“Shi de, wo yijing gaosu nile.(Yes, I already told you.)” Sejin blinked and walked to him, Lay pursed his lips and nodded at her. He proceeded to the table where the meal was already set. Sejin puffed her cheeks and plopped beside Kai.

“Marriage issues?” Kai nudged her playfully.

“Don’t even, Samsung.” Sejin gave him a look.

Kai chuckled and began to eat.

 

Across them, Luhan shook his head as he observed Lay. He was talking with Heejin, but ocassionally, Lay would turn to his cousin and Kai and stare at them for a few seconds, then Heejin would tap him to get his attention.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++