20

Secret Love

 

Sejin was in her work room, it was the place where she kept her design books, her precious Alpacassos and some of her shoes and clothes. It was already eleven in the evening, and she had just finished working on a new sketch for the project she accepted that was located at Incheon.

She stretched and padded her way out of the room, she passed by Lay’s study and found him asleep, leaning on his desk. She sighed and fully entered the room.

“Yixing? Wake up. Your back will hurt tomorrow if you sleep here.” She patted his arm, Yixing didn’t budge.

Sejin smiled and knelt down to see his face.

“Why did I even fall for you, Zhang Yixing?” She whispered, then gently she reached for his hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Yixing?” She shook his shoulders lightly. Lay stirred and slowly sat up.

“Shen..me?”

“Sleep in your room, come on.” She swatted his shoulder and pulled him up. Lay smiled and rubbed his eyes.

“Why are you still up?” He murmured as they stepped out of the room, Lay had one arm around her shoulder as they walked.

“I had to finish something. Go on.” She ushered him towards his room, Lay smiled and pinched her cheek before going in his room.

Sejin turned away and walked towards her room.

“I try to push you away, why won’t my heart listen to me?”

She turned the knob to her door and went in.

 

 

Sejin went down and found Heejin having breakfast with Lay.

“I didn’t wake you up, you look tired.” Lay said to her as she stepped in the dining room.

“I’m going to be late. You should have.” She groaned.

“Bao bei, you don’t even need to work. We can support ten families.” Lay chuckled.

Heejin stared at her boyfriend. Sejin noticed her expression and bit her lip.

“Yeah, I bet we can.” She replied lowly and sat down with her coffee.

“I have to drive to Incheon today. I won’t be back till this afternoon.”

“But we have this convention we need to attend.” Yixing replied.

“I have to come?”

“They’re going to look for you, rumors might start.”

Sejin bit her lip and glanced at Heejin, she had gone quiet.

“I’ll try, I’ll call you later.” She downed all the contents of her cup and stood up. She grabbed her purse and headed out.

“Ya, you didn’t eat!”

“Later, Yixing!”

 

Sejin groaned as she walked in Kai’s almost done office. She arrived earlier than the workers, so she was alone, sitting on one of the leather seats.

“Are you here for an interview? And what’s with that face?” A deep voice came from behind her.

Kai smirked at her, he was wearing his usual business suit, with silver cufflinks.

“Why are you here so early?”

“Can we skip the hundred questions?” She asked, Kai chuckled and sat on the couch across her.

“You look…..stressed.”

“Who wouldn’t be.” She grumbled.

“Did something happen?”

Sejin sighed and looked at Kai. She had to admit, she already trusted him. There was just something comforting and warm about Kai even though he can be such a tease.

“I didn’t eat breakfast, can you accompany me?”

 

 

“He said that?” Kai asked, he had ordered a serving of strawberry shortcake while Sejin asked for a bento box filled with sushi. Sejin nodded.

“It made me uncomfortable, even Heejin grew quiet. Sometimes I want to kill Yixing.” She grumbled.

Kai smiled.

“I like your friendship, so don’t kill him.”

Sejin chuckled and playfully punched his arm, the two were at park just across Samsung’s building.

“But, I don’t know what to do. At times…it would get so uncomfortable. Like when we have to attend something, I have to be Yixing’s partner, but I know that its supposed to be Heejin.”

“You feel guilty?”

She nodded, Kai shook his head.

“It’s not your fault, your parents forced you into this thing.”

“I know that, but it can get difficult.”

“That, you can’t deny. Come on, eat up! You still have to finish my office.” Kai playfully whined. Sejin chuckled and slowly leaned on the bench.

“Ah, right.” Kai took out a bottle of apple juice and two plastic cups. Sejin watched as he filled the two glasses with juice.

“What’s this?” She asked as Kai handed her the other glass.

“A toast to our new friendship, as long as we don’t trade company secrets.” He grinned and lightly touched his glass with hers.

Sejin laughed and shook her head then she drank her juice.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++