Chapter 17

Choi Sulli's Return

Sulli rolled out of bed and staggered across the cabin to answer the phone in the living room.  She just slept when nearly dawn, it was not restful.  Her head felt like a stuffed feathers, but the bowling balls are trying to push her out of the hole of her eyes.

"Yeobo-seo?"

"Great night!"

"Hi, Jungie."  While yawning, Sulli huddled in one of the lounge chairs and slipped down her leg. "What happened?"

"There's absolutely nothing that happened to me."

"How can you say that? Are you going to get married tomorrow."  Sulli closed her eyes.  Sunlight came through the open blinds so dazzling.

"Marriage is not at all unusual that nothing rather than everything you've experienced lately."

"Such as?"

"For example, go to the drive-in with Choi Minho. And then met with your ex-fiancé in the cafe."

"It seems the news has been spread throughout the town this morning," said Sulli flat. "Do not you want to know what do we eat?"

"Steak sandwich."

"I'm just joking, for God's sake!" Sulli shrieked.  "Who is the source of all this information?"

"I got some calls from people who watch the two films in a row last night. Conclusion is both the films are less exciting than seeing the Minho's Hyundai. When Tae Min oppa stopped to buy donuts at the cafe that you visit that night, he heard the rest."

"Unbelievable," muttered Sulli.

"So, how is it?"

"The movie or the steak sandwich?"

"Come on, Sulli-ah," said Jung Soo upset. "The date with Minho. Was your first meeting with Woo Bin. You were chosen."

"Both are equally horrible."

"Suddenly passed Woo Bin like it, I can imagine how bad. What did he say?"

"So your source do not tell culprit behind the flash word-by-word?" Sulli snapped question deflate enthusiasm Soo Jung.

"You're mad at me, huh?"

Sulli massaging her forehead were throbbing. "No, Jungie, I'm not mad. I do not mean to sound so y. Forgive me for venting headache pounding and could not sleep last night on you."

"Why are you got a headache?" Soo Jung asked concerned.

"Meet Woo Bin make me chaotic. I admit it."

"What did you say to each other?"

"None of that matters. 'How are you?' 'Fine, and you?' Such niceties. His appearance reveals a lot more than what he says. Mess."

"From the beginning I think that he always looks grim. Frankly I think he looks down on his harness it to provoke a sense of compassion."

Soo Jung's theory is so similar to Minho's theory that Sulli denies furiously. "I think his marriage to Suzy was not happy."

"Indeed. Everybody knows he's married to Suzy because canceled to marry you." When Sulli did not answer, Soo Jung said, "Well, if Woo Bin is cause of your headache, I suspect Minho was the one who made you could not sleep last night. Allow me guessing that you can not sleep because you're 'busy' last night?"

"No, you should not be," said Sulli.

"Is this attitude mood of disappointment or relief?"

"Relieved.  Fortunately I do not have to see him again forever."

"Not see him again?  Sorry, darling, but you're going to see him tonight."

"I'm going to spend the night with you."

"Yes. After the wedding rehearsal."

"Minho will be there in rehearsal? Why? What for?"

"Best man. You do not know?"

 

---------------------------------

 

"I may be wrong, but should not you be smiling?"

Her expression is far from smiling at all.  She walked quickly down the hall church, ignoring as much as possible her mate. Which is almost impossible.

With a body as big and strong as it was, Minho obviously not easy to ignore.  The man slowed down to keep pace with Sulli’s length, up to their thighs as if moving in perfect rhythm as they run as tempo organ accompaniment. His cologne was so familiar to Sulli that she dreamed up.

They reach the end of the hall. In the church hall, Sulli withdrew her hand from the curve of Minho's arm and turned to face the man, after she'd been putting it off.  She's lazy to face rehearsal, and proved the situation was as difficult as expected.

Because the rehearsal is casual, Sulli wore faded jeans and a white the baggy T-shirt dark blue color, which she ends the knot at the waist. She made her hair like horse tail.

Her boyish appearance was intentional.  She wants to get rid of all the romantic ideas that may still Minho imagined.  However, when she ran into the church with panting, late, Minho looked at her with amusement that no cover-up that tells Sulli that he had guessed Sulli's plan, and the plan did not succeed.

"You never told me that you would be the best man of Tae Min," pointing Sulli stiffly.

"Shocked?"

"Very shocked, and I did not like it."

"What does it matter if you know?"

To be sure, I will prepare to walk down the aisle with you at the end of the ceremony, Sulli's mind.  It's hard enough to do that tomorrow, given how I stomped out of the hall in the same church.  Doing with Choi Minho in my side just gets me nervous.

"I might resign as maid of honor," said Sulli snapped.

Minho laughed.  "But you do not do it."

To avoid his mocking smile, she shift gaze to the front, to the middle of the aisle. Soo Jung and Tae Min stuck at the altar.  Woman the director was giving instruction on Soo Jung's daughters, make sure they understand where they should stand during the ceremony and what instructions they must follow to start running again in the hallway.

Sulli hoping that they could soon be rushed.  For all practical reasons, she was alone with Minho in the atmosphere of silence in this worship place. Given that the reason he leaves her cabin in insolence overnight, alone with him feel so awkward.

"I can not resign," Sulli said, "so the only thing I could do was smile and harden myself."

"But you're not smiling. We're back to the first point. Was not that the point of the beginning of our conversation?"

"I do not feel like smiling."

Minho leaned over and whispered, "Because we are 'couple'?"

"Yes," said Sulli upset. "And it's not surprising, given the way when you show off our time together all over the drive-in last night."

Minho shrugged casually. “Part of my job."

"You're off duty!"

Some heads in the front of the church turned towards them and the instructions for a while stalled.  From the back of the church, Sulli smiled weakly, apologized.

Minho speaks of the corner of his mouth.  "The scene in the cafe was created enough drama to make gossips scatter over the next three years. Were you planning on giving them something to talk about from day-to-day?"

"Oh!" With clenched hands at her sides, Sulli gritted her teeth.  "You–"

"Wait," Minho said, holding up his hands in surrender.  "Before you start attacking me, let me tell you what I bought today."

"I do not–"

"A new fishing pole."

Sulli choked back her last words and looked Minho surprised. "New fishing pole?"

Minho nodded.  "You know what that means, right?" Sulli looked wary, her expression full of suspicion. "That means I cancel my bet with Jin Ki."

"Wae-yo?"

"Because, I could not win, right?"

Her chin lifted slightly. "From the first also you may not win."

Minho rubbed his neck and shook his head in shame. Sulli love how his hair sticking up at the top of his head, but she hated at herself due attention, and more hated because of her desire to touch his hair.

"I should have listened when you first refused. I could avoid a lot of, uh ... a lot of dreams."  Minho paused a moment as his eyes concentrating on her lip.  "And you certainly will not often get angry." He smiled a smile that Busan man who could make her as good main character in Korean dramas. "We're maid of honor and best man. We can not let the hostility between us destroy marriage of Soo Jung and Tae Min. So, what do you think?  Are we friends?"

Minho outstretched his hand. Automatically Sulli startled. She looked down at his hands of the suspicion that no cover-up, then carefully put her hand there. They shook hands solemnly.

"Phew! It lifted a huge weight off my mind," said Minho with a happy smile. "Now I can relax."

"Did someone say something about relaxing?" said Tae Min. Him, Soo Jung, and all the wedding committee joined with Sulli and Minho in breezeway. Tae Min was pulled his tie. "I really need a drink."

"You sound so desperate," Soo Jung teased.

"Indeed." Tae Min drawed Soo Jung closer and kissed his future wife's ear. "I still have to wait one more night to be able to sleep in your bed.  Legally and officially, I mean." He expressed just loud enough to be heard Soo Jung, Minho and Sulli. Minho laughed.

While joking, Soo Jung dodged 'attack' of Tae Min. "You want to come in to eat a sandwich, Minho-shi?" She asked. "Sulli will be there. She stayed with me tonight."

"Thanks. Sounds great," Minho said yes with a smile. He does arm in arm around Sulli's shoulder and said, "Especially since my best friend, Sulli will be there."

Need a full of five minutes to decide who the car ride on the way to Soo Jung's house, as Minho walked to the church from the law firm's office while Soo Jung's daughter wanted to drive with their grandparents. Soo Jung's father finally decided to drive the Sulli's car while both the bride and groom along with their companion will drive Tae Min's car.

"Omo, I forgot about all the stuff in the back seat," said Tae Min when they arrived in his car.  There tuxedo on hangers and shoes in the box seat, along with a few unopened wedding prizes.

"It does not matter. We fit in there if Sulli does not mind sitting on my lap." With pleasure, Minho climbed into the back seat.

Sulli could not protest. That car had individual seats, so she could not squeeze in front with Soo Jung and Tae Min. Besides, Minho did not give her the opportunity to issue an opinion or anything. He reached out the door, gripping her wrist, and, with a hard tug, pulled Sulli go in.

Sulli landed firmly in his lap. He opened his knees out wide and, placing his hands on either side of her waist, makes her lean. Afterwards Minho doing too much movement than is needed to make Sulli's resting on his lap, but eventually the man satisfied.

"Comfortable?" His lip moved just above her ear.

"I'm fine."

"Good thing that we're just friends.  Otherwise I probably would ... shame. "

Sulli looked at the back of Soo Jung's head, sitting very quiet and not doing anything that could create friction between her body and him. That man seems did not know what to do with his arm in a space so narrow.  After trying various positions, he put his arms around her waist.  He linked his arms with loose, just to establish his fingers.  Because her node of T- prevented him, he was flexing his wrist, which makes his hands hanging low in her haunch.

Tae Min and Soo Jung were talking, so do not listen when Sulli turned her head slightly and muttered,

"I know what you're trying to do."

"What?"

Sulli glared at Minho.

Minho laughed. "Believe me, Sulli, if I try to do something that is obscene, you'll be the first to know."  Sulli can not argue with that. The pressure is beginning to feel under her thighs to make a statement that man can not be denied. "So, why do not you sit back, relax, and enjoy the, uh, the journey?"

Relaxed?  Oh, of course.  Relaxed while his thumb resting in the hollow of her haunch.  How could she relax when her senses spinning out of control?  For God's sake, she does not remember why she got involved with Choi Minho feels like a bad idea.

But it was a bad idea, and the reason comes to her mind later.  Currently, she should keep a distance between them.  Otherwise she would not be able to breathe normally.  When the car finally stopping in driveway of Soo Jung's house, Sulli struggling with the handle of the door and nearly jump out when the door is open.  For the next hour she got a coveted space to breathe.  She and Soo Jung was busy in the kitchen making sandwiches and serving request of beverages while the other adult, including Minho, helping handle both of Soo Jung's daughters, too excited because the wedding so they had much acting.

Tae Min's Parents and Soo Jung off a little early, realized they needed a break because they will take turns caring for the children next week when Soo Jung and Tae Min going honeymoon.

"I had to put to bed them," said Soo Jung tired, after telling her two daughters up.

"I'll help you," Tae Min offering, rose from his seat at the table. "That's if you do not mind waiting a little longer, Minho-shi."

"Relax," Minho said, waving nonchalantly shadow.  "I'm not in a hurry."

"I'll take you to the city as soon as the kids to bed."  Tae Min left the kitchen to join with Soo Jung upstairs.

"I think that clean up the kitchen to be a part of our mission," said Sulli cheerful, after a long silence while Minho looked at each other from across the table with a messy meal.  The way that man look at her clearly can not be gaze considered a friend. Minho could have claimed just want to be friends with Sulli, but his expression was so intense that shows an entirely different thing.

Sulli was wondering how the atmosphere is not romantic like a messy Soo Jung's kitchen with daisy floral wall covering which can be so full of sensuality.  But the atmosphere supports.

"I'm going to wash," said Sulli, rose from her chair as pushed by mechanical springs.  In the sink she started rinsing the dishes and put them in the dishwasher.

"Can I tell you something, friend to friend?"  Minho asked when bringing a tray full of dirty dishes from the table.

"Of course."

"Your is amazing."

Sulli was bent over the dishwasher. She suddenly stood up and turned to face Minho, creating soapy water to the front of his shirt. "I can not believe you said that."

"You do not believe that you had the amazing ? Believe my words."

"I mean," Sulli said impatiently, "that you call yourself a friend but says it is so... so..."

"ist?"

"Yes!"

"Well, yah! I'm just learning to be a friend tonight. You can not expect me to change from chauvinist who likes to degrade woman became good friends in the span of a few hours."

"It reminds me of the old saying, something about leopards and spots."

"It's not like I'm trying to make a pass at the bar for the single," Minho said lightly.  "If that is so, I can understand you refused me saying something like, 'your is amazing.'  But I'm just being honest, friend to friend."

"Well, then, friend to friend, thank you."

"If you do not want people to see your , you're supposed to wear tight white jeans that cupping–"

"Enough! Thank you for the advice. I'll remember that. Now, can we talk about something else?"

"Okay. How about your s?" Sulli moved closer to Minho, ready to fight. Instead, when looked into his eyes when staring into the playful, she began to laugh. "That's better," said Minho.  "I'm starting to worry about you."

"Why?"

"Do not get me wrong. You look gorgeous as usual. But when you come to church tonight, you look tired." With his fingertips, Minho browse purplish shadows under her eyes.

"I'm living a bad day," said Sulli.

"And the night too?"

"And the night too."

"Are you disappointed we're not having ?"

"No!" Sulli stepped back.

"Are you sure?"  Minho said slowly.  "I know my mood would be very nice if we did. It was very hot weather. Absence of heavy rain, I think is insanely will help clear the air."

"Is that your pill for everything?"

"Not for everything." Minho closed the distance between them. "But damn, it's obviously going to treat what happened to me."

Sulli resist the magnetic pull Minho's gaze, and turned away. "There are other things I'm thinking today."

"Did you see Woo Bin?"

Sulli surprised to hear his rude question. "Of course not. What for?"

"I thought maybe after a meeting last night, the two of you will be in a relationship again."

"He's married!"

"It seems like it does not really matter today."

"For me it's a problem."

"According to rumor, Woo Bin's status will be changed," said Minho. "He may be free soon."

"I do not care. I still would not want to–" Sulli hear spontaneous protest herself, but do not believe she actually said it.  Minho reacted to looming over her like a predatory animal ready to attack.  His eyes focused to face Sulli. "You're still not going to want what, Sulli?"

"Thank goodness they finally sleep well," said Soo Jung as she and Tae Min re-entered the kitchen at the same time not at all appropriate.

Minho and Sulli avoid each other directly.

"Maybe the kids will let you sleep until noon tomorrow," said Tae Min, kissing her forehead.