Chapter 5

Choi Sulli's Return

"You see that man standing there, near the basket full of roses?"

"Who? Lee Jin Ki?"

"Do you remember him?"

"Of course."  Sulli smiled and waved.  Flushed up to the roots of his hair, Jin Ki waved back to her.

"Well," the strange man continued, "Jin Ki and I just made a bet."

"Oh?"

"He bet the fishing tool against a box of soju that I could not 'sleep' with you until the end of next week. Well, if you do not give a damn question whether I like it or not, it will be very difficult for me to win a box of soju."

 

Carefully the man took a glass of champagne which slanted fingers were pale and limp of Sulli before it spilled.  He put the glass on the table, then pulled Sulli into his arms and said, "Dance?"

The band has played the song before the second stanza Sulli talked.  "You're kidding, right?"

Even the butter was going to melt under the man's smile.  "What do you think?"

Sulli could not think.  She never met the man who have a big bravery to admit to having made a bet like that, if she had enough courage to make that bet at first.  Of course the man is lying to her!  It's just a smile the man was not convinced.

Sulli did not smile back.  "I think? Thought you could not accept the 'no' word."

"Not when I really want something."

"And you really want to dance with me?"

"Uh-huh."

"Why?"

"I've never met that golden-eyed."  Golden eyes blinked at him in question.

"The color of my eyes is not gold, but the light brown."

"I think it is gold," the man replied stubbornly.  "And also I think your name is very beautiful, Choi Sulli. "

Sulli quickly realized Lee Jin Ki certainly gave her name to this man. Not have been surprised. But the man could not see the color of her eyes from across the room and Sulli expressed her astonishment at  the man. "So, why do you want to dance with me?"

The man pulled her closer. "Like I said earlier, I love the way you eat that chocolate-covered strawberries."

Brown eyes that looked down into the mouth of Sulli again.  "There is a chocolate spot in the left corner of your lip."  Automatic, stuck out her tongue and Sulli fumble spots in there.

When chocolate was shed on her tongue, the man said, "Got it."

Sulli wake away from the momentary possession miraculously caused the man.  "I think Jin Ki have told you everything about me."

"Quite a lot. But some things I want to know myself."

"Like what?"

"What I want to know about you, Sulli-ah, I guess you do not want me to know here, on the dance floor."

Sulli squirm away from him and coldly said, "Thank you for the dance, Mr. ---"

"Choi. Choi Minho. But you can not stop dancing now. They have played a new song."  He is swung Sulli into his arms again.  When the woman struggled to free herself, he said, "Hi, Soo Jung. Hi, Tae Min. Such an amazing party."

"Hello, Minho," they replied together.

Sulli grimacing smile as they danced away, then glared sharply at her partner.  Minho managed to trap it and the man was very aware of it.  He will not let go of Sulli, and she knew that she could not take the risk of making a fuss.  But do not expect she want to leaned casually in the arms of Choi Minho, just as the strong arm of the man to her.  Already quite annoying cuddled close as this.  That man's thigh feel hard when touching her thighs.

"Back to the reason why I want to dance with you," Minho said casually.  "I also love your brown hair."

"Thank you."

"I bet your hair definitely looks very y when hung on a pillow."

"You'll never know."

"I've bet about it. Want to make a bet between you and me?"

"No."

"Good. Because you definitely lose."

"On the contrary, I would win, Mr. Choi. And please, get rid of your hand."

"From Here?"  Minho pressed his palm into Sulli's back. Lower of Sulli's body suddenly as if hit by a blast of heat.  Sulli almost gasped, but managed to stop herself in time.  But she could not hide the fear of the reaction from her dancing partner, who watched her intently.

"Just relax," Minho said.

"Forget it."

"I did not mean to offend."

"Really?"

"Yes.  I just admire yourself."

"Well, if you can, please admire from afar."

"I'll be the first to defend you if there is another man hold you this close. But since we will be familiar, I -"

"We're not going to be familiar."

Minho smiled knowingly.

Sulli stiff smile tugging, solely for the satisfaction of all Mrs.  Lee Mi Sook who filled the room.  She not only disturbed, but also scared.  Choi Minho drain masculine vitality, such as males who invite every female in the species.  Sulli, with all her defenses as far as about men, still are women in common.  It seems she is not immune to the appeal of pure sensual as she had expected.  To prevent herself responded to the appeal, she must change the conversation to a safer topic.

"When did you move to Busan, Mr. Choi?"

"Call me Minho. Let me think," Minho said, frowning when concentrating, "About a three years ago. I think we are at separated way."

Sulli think Jin Ki would have told Minho when she moved.  Before she could ask whether Jin Ki also tells reason for her movement, Minho said, "In the room filled polyester, your silky dress really stand out."

Minho swiping his hand on the back of Sulli.  Sulli reflexively backs arched.  Wrong move.  Because it makes her s tightly in his hard chest of Minho.  It turns dark brown eyes and sharp.  Sulli gasp.

"What is your occupation?"  Sulli asked softly.

"I bet you'd be wearing silk underwear as well."

Suddenly Minho just holding an empty air.  Sulli slipped away from him, apologized quietly and imperceptibly to the people who passed on the way to the door.  Because of his larger body, it's more difficult for Minho to sneakout among couples who were dancing.  Sulli has reached the front steps of the building which is a colonial-style of the wedding club before Minho caught up with her.

"What I said anything wrong?"