Chapter 7

Choi Sulli's Return

 

 

Sulli had forgotten how hot the sun in that lake.  Soo Jung and she used to spend hours lying on a beach towel that was laid on the edge of the dock, using sunblock on the whole of their bodies so they could write their initials latest boyfriend on the thigh, tummy or even on their .  They could be nonstop giggling.  How happy they are to talk about the latest gossip, wondering whether the girls actually did, as people say, wondering if the boy who is a great kisser as his girlfriend said with arrogant style.  Everything feels good at the time.  Grown up in a small town not too annoying.  Maybe that's the problem; the small town is no longer interesting for her.  She is not a small-town girl anymore.  She is a girl in the city now.

Seoul is a crowded city if compared to other big cities. Crowded and noise of the city feels far away.  At least these days, there's nothing to doing besides sunbathing in here.

For most people, the heat is humid and will suffocating.  But Sulli likes it. She let the heat covered her body. As often as she does anything but she won't have the tanned skin ever, because she's already has a beautiful milky white skin since she was a child.

The lake was quite, with sparkling surface.  Sulli love the sound of water, '' wooden poles under the dock.  The insect is buzzing around her.  Dragonfly flew low over the surface of the lake, sometimes scrambles the water with the fragile and translucent wings.  Dragonfly buzzed noises, plus the sound of water slapping the poles, very hypnotizing her.  Sulli fall asleep.

"How dare you".

Sulli jumped up and sat immediately, she took a towel to cover her milky white thighs.  Although now she is wearing a tank top and shorts that are not too short, but she was shock caused Minho, suddenly make her took the towel and covered her thighs spontaneously.

After successfully covering her thighs, she's cursing quitely. Choi Minho heaved himself into the Sulli's dock and binding his small fishing boat to one of the poles.

"People who should be asked that is me, Mr. Choi. You startled me half to death! Aish!"

"Mianhae." His grin showed no regret.

"Are you sleeping?"

"I must have fallen asleep."

"Did not you hear the sound of my boat engines?"

"I thought it was an insect."

"Insect?"

"Dragonfly."

Minho stared anxiously to Sulli.  "How long have you laid down here?"

"Forget it," said Sulli, and take an upset deep breath.

She could not lay back.  That's enough looking at him from a seated position.  Minho plopped on the floor beside Sulli.

"Please sit down," said Sulli softly.

Minho grinned again.  "Thanks."

To give her activities besides staring at the sunglasses of Minho and wondering which part of her body is being considered, Sulli removed her sunglasses and pretended to clean the lens with angle-stained towel.  "What are you doing here?"

"I was fishing in the lake and I see you’re lying here, with your y long leg. That's why I said how dare you. You're throwing an invitation to any maniac on the lake and might be want to hurt you physically. "

"I have been sunbathing in this dock is almost all of my life and never met any disturbing people. Actually, you couldn't see it from the pier towards the lake. You need to come to the gulf. And as far as I know, there has never been a maniac here ... until now. "

He chuckled "Well, I confess that I’m very interested in you, but I'm not going to do anything that maniac have done." He paused for a few seconds. "Unless if you like it."

Sulli hurriedly began to throw of her stuffs into her big beach bag. Book, sun visor, the transistor radio. She decided to leave her towel on there, then stood up and started walk along the boarded floors.

"Where are you going?" Minho put his hand on her. Sulli gasped. His strong hand was clutching one of her ankle. Minho does not make it her fell down, but she just stop stride effectively.

"Go home. I'd rather to have a private sunbathing. And I don't want to exchange the ual jokes with you, Mr. Choi."

"Are you scared?"

"Ani!"

"Come back then." 

It is a challenge that Sulli have to be accepted. But she would agree everything to get rid the fingers of a powerful man from her ankle.  That it contact made a shocking sensation along her legs onto her thighs. She let go of her ankle from the grip of Minho and sat back on the towel, with the revolt expression.   

"I'm just being a good neighbor." Said Minho. Sulli glance at him and disbelief. "Really," said Minho defensive. "I'm just trying to make you feel welcome."

"I don't need that greeting. I grew up here, remember?"

"Then it got me as a newcomer. You should be friendly to me. "

Sulli stifled a smile just before it appears on her lips. If she gave the heart for this man, he will reach into all of the giblets. The man doesn't need given the encouragement, though a glant smile. Sulli just hope that she could control her charm so she won't fall in love with him.

Minho wearing crop jeans, faded blue sleeveless shirt and open almost to the waist.  Sulli could not help but notice his muscular chest, and sweating.  His legs were y, if you like legs with hard muscles and tanned skin.  That man was not wearing socks inside his tennis shoes.  And he wears a baseball cap.  When he smiled, his dazzling white teeth can hypnotize everyone.  His shirt was clinging damp.  Beads of sweat rolled down on his neck and ends at the strands of wet hair.  Sulli rarely see the men with sweat on their whole of bodies.  The ordinary man he met usually in the air-conditioned building.  They work and wearing a suit and tie.  They always wear socks.

Minho makes her shock, that's it.  The sweat’s smell, sun, and lake water from his body that is a new thing for Sulli.  That's the only way to explain her pulse and the fact that her shorts began to feel tight.  She wanted to run as fast as possible back to the cabin.  But she could not back down without losing face.  So, she will remain here and being 'good' to this man even though she could die for him.  "Managed to get something?"  Sulli asked, looking up at the boat. "

Minho leans back, straighten his long limbs, and holding his body with the elbow. "Not yet."

The short answer seemed to tremble with a low voice makes Sulli uncomfortably aware of how shy she is to look at Minho.  "The day was hot," said Sulli snapped.

"And get hotter."

"It's too hot to fishing."  Her eyes narrowed suspiciously.  Her father likes fishing.  In the summer he would go out early in the morning, when the temperature is relatively cold and fog shrouded in lake.  Her father never went to the fishing boat at daylight.

An accusation is formed in her mind, but Minho preceding talk.  "I bet you that really like this summer."

"That's right," said Sulli.  "How did you know?"

"You're a very sensual woman."

"What makes you to say that?"

"Many things. Yesterday I watched you at the party."  Minho is more comfortable when his legs crossed.  At least it makes him more comfortable.  Sulli swallowed difficulty when looked down and saw his body.

That jeans shorts worn conform to the Minho's shape a few years ago.  That shorts reveal clear everything.  "I saw your bracelet ankle immediately."  He reached out and, with his finger, trace slender that gold chain around her ankle.  "There is not a single woman in Busan who wear ankle bracelet."

"Did you calculate statistically?"

"Intelligent guessing," Minho said, not offended by subtle insinuation of Sulli at all.  "That's not the jewelry worn mostly women. Only using hot blood woman."

Sulli pull her ankle away from Minho.  "It was crazy."  Sulli hoping her voice sounded more assertive and not gasping.  "I bought it because I liked it. I think this is a gorgeous bracelet."

"You buy it yourself?"

"I am."

"The bracelet is not giving by a man?"

"Not."

"That’s too bad."

"Why?"

"Put the bracelet to you must be very exciting moment." Minho smiled broadly.

"Listen, Mr. Choi, I do not know what my former friend, Jinki tell you about me."

"Oh, he tells you a lot, but I have my opinions."

"In ten minutes that we are together?"

"Even before we met," Minho said lightly.  "Do you realize when you're singing -without sound- any song of the band played last night?"

Sulli was about to argue when decided it would be pointless.  Join in singing a song on the radio is her hobby.  "I love music."

"And food. I've done told you that your mouth doing 'more' to the strawberries than on sponge cake and whipped cream."

"You make eating strawberries sounds like nasty."

"You could say that," Minho said softly.  Sulli was not ready to give an effective rebuttal and decided it was wise to say anything.  Even as a very sharp tongue though, Minho seems always ready with a slick answer.

"You choose food from the buffet with great care. Eye-catching food. All of you put on your plate looks... beautiful."  Minho smiled as 'beautiful' is a word that is rarely used by him.  "Except oyster, of course, and you take it because Mrs. Lee."

Sulli's lip formed the letter 'O'.  Actually how long that man had been watching her? And more surprising than that is how precise observations about the man to herself.  She felt exposed and vulnerable.  "You should be a snooper."

"How do you know I'm not a snooper?"  See the dumbfounded expression on her face, Minho laughed.  "Calm down. I'm not like that. I'm also not a masochist. If I'm attracted to women, I want to do more than just peek out from behind the bushes. I want to touch."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for the late update  :(

But I'm promise for update as soon as possible <3