Chapter 15

Choi Sulli's Return

Sulli immediately stopped struggling. "Why do you think that I'm going to tell you?"

Minho is approach up his face to her within a few inches. "Because either you want to admit it or not, Sulli-ah, there's something here."

"Something?"

"Something between us."

Sulli laughed scornfully. "Bet, if it does exist."

"More than that."

"That's all any of us."

"No," Minho said softly.  "Since I hold you to dance, we each gave off the flow of electricity. You may not want to admit it. You may not like it. But you obviously can’t deny it."

Sulli is uplifted her chin stubbornly say otherwise.  "Why will not you stop bothering me?"

"Because, damn it, I want you. In the bed."

Minho who bluntly candid speech made Sulli was silent, but not for long.  "You never lost for words, huh?"

"Never. Similarly you, except when the topic of your marriage was prized. At that time you will be silent. Why?"

"It's none of your business."

"Yes, it's my business."

"What gives you the right?"

Suddenly Minho took her hand jerked forward, pressed into the zipper of his jeans. "That's what gave me the right.  As a next your boyfriend, I have a right to know what you're thinking."

Sulli took her hand and rubbing the palm of her hand as newly burned. Minho utilized her shock. "Why do you pretend like the sweet girl–from-South–when Woo Bin entered?"

"Pretending for what?"

"Honey, even the actress was far less than you are."

"I do not know what are you talking about."

"Then let me be clear.  Flutter eyelashes. Fake smiled. Ridiculous of vocabulary 'I adore him'." Minho made an impatient gesture. "Where did all of that bull come from? Does Woo Bin was expecting that kind of excessive action from you?  No wonder if your relationship with him have been fall apart."

Minho's piercing words. But rather than discuss the topic that can’t be won by her, Sulli attack from another angle. "Relationships. Really funny to hear you say it. What'd you know about relationships? From what I've heard, the relationship you have with the opposite gender barely last more than a night, if that far."

"We're talking about you, not me."

"You are talking about me."

"Your marriage was canceled."

"Well, at least I've ever go that far!" Sulli shouted.

"I've go any further!" Minho yelled.  "I'm married!"

In a second, Minho was frozen.  Then he hastily turned his back to Sulli. Sulli noticed that he combing his hair with his fingers impatiently as he swore softly.

Sulli's heart seemed to stop beating. "Are you married?"

"Divorced."

"When?"

"It's been a long time."

"What happened?"

"I got shot."

"Shot?" Sulli sat on the arm of the couch.

Slowly, Minho turned to face Sulli again. He stared her for a long time and silent, and then began talking short.  "We're married. I was promoted to be a lawyer. I love it. She hated it. We fight every time I go to work. She did not understand why"

Suddenly Minho paused, combed his hair by hand again, then continued.  "One night they called her from the hospital. Shot wound is not severe. The bullet was through me."  Unconsciously, he touched his side of body.  "But it was enough to scare her. Soon as I recovered, she says that she can not stand it, that she could not live with me, realized that every time I go so it could be the last time she would see me. We divorced."

Sulli observed pattern of stripes on his couch.  "Is that why you move here?"

"No. That's the other story." Minho clenched lips hard to form a thin line bitterness long known by Sulli. That expression emerged each time when the reason why he moved to Busan sank from view.

Minho walked to the window, open the blinds, and looked into the darkness that surrounds the outside of the cabin.  It seems he lost in somber reflection.  Sulli was wondering, with a stab of jealousy that is not known, whether Minho still love the woman who had left.  Minho is more surprised than her when she realized she was saying that the question aloud.

Minho turned slowly and stared her fixedly.  Then a faint smile on his lip relieving the tension.  "No, Sulli-ah. If I still love her, I'll never let her go."

"But you look so sad when to talk about it."

"I'm just sorry that she had put off her happiness. I wish I had realized sooner that we are not fit for one another, that we want different things."

Minho walked back to where Sulli sitting on the arm of the couch and leaned over her.  Wisely he cupped her hand.  "Is that what happened to you and Woo Bin? Did you decide at the last minute that you want different things?"

"In general, yes."

"What is the particular reason? Would you like to continue to break the hearts of most of men?"

Sulli pushed aside him and stood up.  "Why did you, why did everyone assume it was the all of my fault?"

Sulli belatedly realized that her words reveal too much and just hope Minho did not realize it.  Of course, given the excessive expectations remind that Minho is a lawyer.  He's been trained to catch discrepancies, revealing the slightest difference.  Minho is holding her shoulders turned her.  "You want to say this all the ideas of Woo Bin?"

"I did not say that."

"Not intentionally, but the guilty plea usually ejected accidentally. What happens, Sulli-ah? What does Woo Bin have done?"

Sulli stubbornly pursed her lips together. Minho watched Sulli's face, trying to read the turmoil in her eyes. "Come to think of it," Minho said thoughtfully, "your conduct at cafe is so weird tonight.  You left Woo Bin in the church, it's mean that you've seen him again since then, should not you be embarrassed?  Indicate guilt? Shamed? Instead, you're trying hard to convince him that how happy you are in Seoul.  You're not evil.  If indeed you are leaving, you're not going to be so cheerful, constantly shows how extraordinary your life without him."

Sulli looked away. Minho was pinning her chin between thumb and forefinger, exposes her face forward again.

"Don't," Sulli said.

"That's what happened, is not it?  Woo Bin said or done something before the wedding that made you take that drastic action. Something that is very outrageous. Can’t be forgiven."

"More than a hundred people saw me turn around and go. You must have heard how wishy-washy I am," Sulli said, jerking her head back and tossed her hair. "I changed my mind, that's all."

"Ani. I do not believe it.  Something to making you changed your mind. But what? What might be done Woo Bin is so bad, so heinous–" Minho stopped, stared fixedly to Sulli. "Other woman," he said quietly.

Sulli jolted herself from the clutches of Minho. She began pacing the room as if looking for loop holes to escape. She hugged her stomach. Piercing chill to the bone, making she was rubbing her upper arm. She went to the porch, look for warmth. Warm and humid air enveloped her. Shadows appear squash, she wanted to draw the images around her to protect it.

But it is impossible to avoid from his sharp intuition who reveal secrets that could never suspected anyone else.  Minho approached her from behind.

"What happened, Sulli-ah?" His voice no longer sounds cruel, but soft and showed himself can be believed, such as voice of pastor.

He has revealed his deepest secrets. Sulli should be furious, but strangely, she instead found herself is almost grateful.  For three years she harbored the pain.  It was a relief to let it drain out all the pain now.

"I bought a gold bracelet for all the bridesmaids. Bracelet that I gave Suzy–" Behind her, Minho swore.  Sulli did not stop to comment on the reaction of Minho for that name.  Now after she started talking, she can’t wait to spill everything.  “–there's something wrong with it crochet, so I took it back to the jeweler to be replaced."

Sulli chills. Minho pulls her shoulders and held her from behind. "On the wedding day, I wake up early enough. So much to do and I want to do as much as possible as early as possible. Delivers bracelet to Suzy is one of the tasks that I can do. I drove to her house. I called her by myself after entering through the door. Clearly she was still sleeping. So I tiptoed into the bedroom,"

She paused, took a deep breath. "And find Woo Bin in the bed with her." Even now, Sulli still tell the story with the same confusion that she felt in that morning, when she saw a man who will marry in a matter of hours, , in the arms of a woman that she considered a friend, who was still asleep. Want to rampage is not the first thing she felt.  And the anger was not.  But it is the extreme confusion situation.

What does Woo Bin oppa have done on Suzy's bed?

Of course the answer is obvious.

"They woke up. You could imagine ..." Her voice was cut off, and her face looked down; eyes shut tight; rubbed her middle forehead.  "Everything feels so awkward between the three of us. I swore Woo Bin, and ran out."

"Did he come to after you?"

"Oh, yes. He managed to chase me and insisted that we need to talk. I could not believe what was happening. Was so strange, so unexpected. I was distraught."

"What did he say?"

Sulli sighed and shrugged.  "That was just one of those things that just happen. He had no reason or explanation for it. Suzy does not mean anything for him. He loves me, wants to marry me. He hated himself for his actions."  Again and again, she sighed.  "Something’s like that."

"And you believe him?"

"I guess so. Molla-seo."

"Did he and Suzy have ever together before that?"

"Woo Bin swear that he not, but it had no effect, right? They still betray. Suzy calling me while in tears, begging to be forgiven."

"So you decided to stay married."

"I thought that I had no choice. My parents have spent so much money for the wedding. Nearly all the people in this town were invited. I was so confused, and no one could talk to, because I do not want anyone to know. I obviously do not have for a few weeks or days determined. I have decided in a matter of hours what I would do. Woo Bin kept saying that I was being unreasonable to consider canceling our wedding, that one night mistake of a lifetime that will we going was does not mean. He says that my attitude is not like modern people, that if I loved him, I would forgive him. And I thought I loved him. Seems impossible to reverse."

Sulli was silent. As the story continue, her voice dreamy, as if she were experiencing it all again. "It seems impossible to pastor asked me if I was willing to bind myself for the rest of my life on Woo Bin. Seconds away, I knew I could not. If he could sleep with another woman on the eve of our wedding, it's possible that he would do it again. Thing in the world married people do not want from their partner is cheating, is not it?" She drew a shaky breath. "So when the pastor asked about it, I know of nothing that had to bear the shame, I could not continue the marriage ceremony."

For a moment Sulli looked straight into the darkness, lost in memories.  When she returns to the present, she realizes that Choi Minho is support herself and held her close. His chin was resting on the top of her head.  She could feel the man's breath blowing her hair.  Minho's fingers the side of her neck.

Suddenly shocking consequences of what she had just done was hitting her. Minho set her up to tell him the secret, which had been closed during this time. Even her parents did not know the reason of Sulli left the church that day.  Now after Minho knew, the man had power over her. The secret is safe with Woo Bin and Suzy obviously.  But now, Minho knew.  Minho will surely have mercy on her.  And Sulli does not want pity from that man!

Sulli turned and faced Minho with a hostile attitude.  And tears flooded her eyes.  "So! Are you happy now? Was that what you wanted to hear?"

"I did not think if the reason would be as hurt as like this."

"Then you should not be forced me to tell you."

"No, it's better for both of us if you tell me. Which I do not understand is why you want to be blamed for what happened. Why'd you let everyone assumed that Woo Bin was the one who the aggrieved?"

"You have to figure the rest by yourself, Mr. Choi. Now, I want to go in."

Sulli rushed to past him, but Minho grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Wae, Sulli-ah?"

When Sulli looked up at Minho, her eyes filled with tears.  "Don’t you know?"

Choi Minho truth hit with such impact 45 caliber bullets.  He knows what it's like, and the words hit him just as hard.  "Are you still loved that rotten bastard?"