Chapter 18

Choi Sulli's Return

Sulli moved her eyes from the piercing gaze of Minho. Nervously, she pressed her hands to control herself.

"I will ensure that. You may sleep as long as you want, Jungie. I'll make breakfast and try to keep them calm."

"You're too literally defines your duty as a bridesmaid," said Soo Jung as she gave him a grateful smile.

"It's getting late," said Tae Min, "and Minho could not go home until I drove back to the office to pick up his car. So..." He looked at Soo Jung, his face full of hope.

"Sulli, we have not taken your stuffs," said Minho suddenly.  "Remember you asked me to help you?"

In a daze, she stared at Minho. His eyebrows go up and down like an elevator that craze. "Oh," said Sulli, finally understand the meaning. "Yeah, I would greatly appreciate your help, Minho-shi. Excuse me a minute."

She walked through the door behind the screen door. Minho walked right behind her. Their bodies were both shaking because laugh. "They took a few minutes of privacy but are too polite to ask. Did I not obvious enough?" Minho asked.

"Before I know what you mean, I'm wondering what's wrong with your eyebrows."

When they reached the car, Sulli opened the rear door and begin to stretch her stuffs into the waiting hands of Minho. Sulli bring an overnight bag, a dress that will be worn for the wedding, and a casual change clothes.

"This is all?" Minho asked.

"Yes."

"Your stuff was pretty not much."

They back across the lawn. When they are still quite far away from home, they saw Soo Jung and  Tae Min behind the screen door. Both the bride and groom's middle cuddle, kiss their mouths fit together in a tempestuous.

"Uh, maybe we should wait a while before it burst." Minho stopped at a picnic table from redwood and put Sulli's stuff on it. He sat on a bench and guiding Sulli to sit beside him.

Warm night surrounds both of them. Tree branches overhead are very lush. From there crickets sing to decoy the opposite gender. Moon peeked out from behind the clouds, shining various shadows on their faces in the form of changing.

"You've heard the news from Parkie, huh?" Minho asked softly.

Sulli looked at Minho. Intuition that man again proved telling. "How did you know?"

"And the news is not good."

Sulli lips pursed disappointed.  "No. Not good. Amid many apologies and prayers for my success, he refused entreaties."

"Damn it!"

Sulli smiled bitterly. "That's what I said."

"So what would you do?"

"I have not decided yet."  Golden wrinkles between her eyebrows formed.  Posture, slightly pouted lips, is a testament to her disappointment.

Minho laid his elbows on the table behind them and lean. "Why think about it? Why allow yourself to experience the humiliation of having to beg for money? Surrender alone and consider yourself lucky that you were not going to be responsible for running the business. Perhaps it would be very troublesome business. You would–"

"I would not give up!" Sulli snapped angrily. "What are you talking about? Consider myself lucky," sniffed Sulli.  "I want to be responsible. I want–" Sulli was speechless when she saw a big smile Minho. "You deliberately provoked me, huh?"

"It worked, right?"

Sulli looked embarrassed. "I think I've just decided."

"No, you've already decided once. You're not going to stop until you succeed. The only thing I do is remind you of that."

"I can not give up now, Minho, I can not," said Sulli fiery. When she realized her hand was on his thigh, squeezing it to emphasize her determination, she hastily withdrew her hand.

After silence for a few moments, Minho said, "It will be fun."

"What?" Sulli looked up to see Minho, and stares intently followed him into the kitchen, where Tae Min and Soo Jung, still embracing and swaying slowly back and forth, whispering.

"Oh, yeah."  Sulli with uncomfortable feel his tapping fingers casually on her back.

"In a way I envy with them," Minho said. "Their love relationships. Their marriage."

"Yeah, definitely heavy, being town stud."

"Is that me?"

"Who does not?"

"I'm just asking for my share."

"I do not doubt it for a minute."

As kept looking at the couple who were hugging behind the screen door, half-dreamy Minho said, "Sometimes I think it might also be fun sleeping with the same woman every night. But I think it would be boring."

"No need to think like it." Sulli stunned to hear from his cynical about marriage.

"You think so?" as if he thinking about it for some time.  "Maybe you're right, but you're going to swap it fun and unique to the familiar."

"Personally I think there is something more than intimacy born of a sense of familiarity," Sulli said defensively.

"Maybe. Comfort each other like that obviously does not exist in a brief affair. If you marry, when to undress certainly will not feel awkward. Married man can be directly approached her and stripped without any of them feel uncomfortable. Fact, if they are harmonious in love, they would probably get a lot of satisfaction just by doing a ritual to released each other's clothes."

"I think so."

"He can lift her arms, kissed her palm, then pressed it to ..." Minho looked down at Sulli. "You know what I mean."

"Yes, I know."

"Good. I thought you knew," Minho said, smiling. "He will show her how to fondle her in order to achieve maximum satisfaction, because he wanted to make his wife know how aroused he was, how much he wanted her. He would bow and kissed her s, caressing with the lips and tongue, without the need to suspect– wondered if she would like it. He would immediately know that it's one of preferred that might she like, right?"

Sulli opened her lip to speak, but no words came out.  She just nodded, and then managed to say hoarsely, "Yes."

Stray locked of hair on her cheek.  Minho leaned forward and blew softly through the hair back in front of her ear, the ear is pierced with two diamonds. Minho seemed amazed at how both these diamonds sparkling strands behind of hair.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, Sulli. Marriage has its own benefit," Minho said.  "But after a while, the same old thing night after night was definitely exhausting."

"I do not agree."

"Oh?"  Minho cocked his head back so he could see her more clearly.

Sulli wet her lips.  "Not if they want to satisfy each other."

"Hmm. And no if they had the spirit adventure."

"Yes, and... and if they cared enough to make each other happy inside and outside the bedroom."

"It sounds almost like love, Sulli."  Minho pinning Sulli's earlobe between thumb and forefinger, plays both the diamond earrings. "Are you talking about love?"

"I... I guess so."

"Then it does not matter how they do it, is not it?"  Stares them pause.  Their bodies heat mingling with their gaze.  "Whatever they do will be a romance. When he unites with his wife's body, it will mean more than just . Though, it would also be nice.  But it will contain the romance of love, trust, and commitment, things like that." Minho gulped Sulli's face as much. "And there is no reason for him to hurry.  He will remain in her body for a very long time, as long as he wants. Even after they were asleep, lie face to face." Minho rested his forehead on her forehead and closed her eyes tightly. "Damn, Sulli, talking about it is making me really want it."

Sulli knew the feeling. Nobody at the time wanted more than experiencing intimacy exactly as described Minho with words. She wants tilted her face to his face, touching his lip, inviting Minho's tongue into . She even issued a yearning voice and be the first to realize it.

But Minho withdraw tilted his head and smiled saying, "But it's not for us. You're happy to live independently in Seoul.  And, as you said, I'm the town stud." He got up. "Well, Tae Min comes. Good night, Sulli-ah. See you at the wedding."

 

---------------------------------

 

No one can guess from her appearance how dark and somber her mood today. Looked outside, wearing a dress that perfectly accentuated her milky white skin, Sulli looks as bright as the sun. Luminous. Shining. But inside, it feels lifeless and cold metal.

When walking in the aisle, she hold her head up with dignity, but standing at the altar through the ceremony truly hell. She could feel a lot of the same eyes that just pay attention to the bride and groom each other wedding oath glared at her back. She avoided looking directly at the best man, but, like moths to a light interest, her eyes seemed determined to die in the fire in his brown eyes.

Then she took his arm and left the church through the center aisle, and she left a few inches between her body and his body.  Her manner was unfriendly and stiff.  They are almost like strangers.  Speculated to follow their gaze, some wrapped in a feeling of envy.  She wanted to stop and tell the women that she did not have their lawyer, that they may fuss fight for the man, and she will not care.  She was not their rivals.  Soon after the marriage ended she would never have to see this man again, and she was happy about it.

Stay half an hour longer, Sulli thought after glancing at her watch without being obvious.  Soo Jung had told her that the reception will not last more than an hour.  She and Tae Min plans to go fast because they have to catch an evening flight out of Seoul to the Jeiju Island.

All of this affair does not end soon enough for Sulli, that her legs started to hurt because of the new heels rather narrow, almost as sick as her cheeks the effect of continuous not sincere smiles.  Oh God, she could not wait to leave this town.  She was determined never again cross the Busan city board after she left this time.

Maybe she'll go tonight instead of tomorrow as originally planned.  Why waiting?  There is nothing to keep her here.  When she returned to the cabin–

"Sulli?"

Sulli's head snapped to hear the familiar voice. "Hi, Woo Bin oppa."

She already saw Woo Bin and Suzy in the churchyard after the ceremony and a few times during the reception, come and go within reach of her eyes as they mingle with the other guests.  Suzy avoid face her. Sulli had felt a stab of regret at the loss of their friendship, but realized it could not be avoided.

Woo Bin asks, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"We're talking."

"I mean personally."  Sulli had almost refused, but Woo Bin hastily added, "Please, Sulli-ah. We owe it to each other, is not it?"

Sulli turned and left the church hall where the reception was held.  Woo Bin follows.  She stopped in the corridor outside.  "I think that's here pretty personal."

Woo Bin looked nervous and kept shifting from one foot to the other in ways that were once she considered adorable, but now feels annoying because it makes him seem wishy-washy.

"I've often thought of calling you," Woo Bin getting started.

"I'm glad you did not. Definitely it will feel awkward. And wrong. You’re married, oppa."

Woo Bin laughed sourly.  "I'm very conscious of that." Sulli did not comment on his sound sluggishness.  "It's just... Suzy and I, well... Did you know she was pregnant?"

Sulli was surprised, but not upset.  Why not? She thought.  Not so long ago, Woo Bin's notion child growing inside Suzy's body will be very painful for her. "No, I do not know. Congratulations."

"That's not necessary," Woo Bin said with a grin.  "She should not defend this baby. Our marriage had started this bland and this is the last of her rescue attempt of reconciling."

"You should not tell me all this, oppa. Excuse me–"

"Sulli-ah, jae-bbal."  Woo Bin grabbed Sulli's hand when she tried to leave.  "I need to talk to you."

"I do not want to hear about your wedding. Was none of my business."

"But that's your business. I made a big mistake, Sulli-ah. Fatal error. I've said it time you caught me with... uh... on the day we are supposed to get married. Guess you do not believe me. Yeah, for sure I already forgive you for leaving me and embarrass me in front of the whole people of town at that time."

Sulli turned as Woo Bin just slapped her.  "I do not remember ever apologize to you," she hissed angrily. "Don't you dare make me as the person guilty all of this. I have not done anything wrong. I cover you and Suzy's mistake."

"I know, I know. Don't get mad. Please. Hear me out first."  Woo Bin looked back as if afraid there are somebody going to see them. Beads of sweat were popping on his forehead.  Sulli concluded with silly that Woo Bin is not sweating as interesting as Choi Minho. "Sulli-ah, saranghae, I still love you," said Woo Bin despair.  "I'm not happy with Suzy. She... she's good, but she's not you. And with the imminent baby was born, I felt trapped. Yeah, that's it, I felt trapped."

Feel surprised on him, Sulli started laughing.  "Mianhae-yo, oppa," she said, seeing the look on the face of disbelief crossed Woo Bin.  "Nothing is funnier than what you say. It's just that I think this might be the same spiel you gave on Suzy three years ago. On the night before you're supposed to marry me, you suddenly feel trapped and had to do something naughty just to prove that you're still free to do so."

Sulli shook her head, feeling sorry for the man, and for herself. During the three years she survived in the memories of the deep love that is not ever. Woo Bin is a shallow man. Weak. Always blame others for their unhappiness. Always complain. Why it took so long for me to realize all of this? Sulli's mind.

"I'm sorry you're not happy, oppa. Really."

Sulli turned back and started walking along the corridor. "Sulli-ah, I love you.  I never stopped loving you.  Does not that mean something?"

Sulli was facing Woo Bin again. "That means, if that's true, you're just as stupid as me.  Goodbye, oppa."

Sulli can not stay here anymore. Tears welled in her eyes, and was about to fall profusely. Would she apologize to Soo Jung later, and, as a friend, Soo Jung will understand.

Sulli walked quickly past the small group of people who stand in the way of connecting the church with the hall and hurried to her car.  A few seconds later, she was speeding along the road to the lake, the wind ruffling her hair.

She left the smoke of dust behind her, but from behind her car she saw Minho's car.  When Sulli look in the mirror, saw the car was getting close, she swore.  Instead slowed down, as ordered by his car horn, Sulli accelerate the pace of her car.

 

 

 

 

Well, there's only some chapters left.

I think sometimes that I need some moodboosters or more spirits to keep writing.

Sometimes I've got stuck with the plot :'(

But I'll do my best, so I hope that you keep looking forward on this story, kkk~

*Hugs and kisses*

 

 

 

Your Author-nim

 

 

nanawidya ^^v