Chapter 2 - You-aholic

Romance behind the limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 30, 2013

 

After finally performing for their final stage on their South American concert, the boys of Super Junior were given some time off to enjoy what the foreign countries in the continent offer. But after a short while, they had to go back home. To Seoul. But they just don’t plan on going home. When it’s Super Junior, things shouldn’t be normal.

 

Paparazzi cameras flashed everywhere, welcoming them back to the land where they came from. But instead of them being surprised by the super heroes’ welcome, the other way around seemed to happen as they greet the people waiting for them in a super hero comeback – literally.

 

The boys wore costumes, showing them off as soon as they stepped off the plane. The people were stunned but got over it in an instance. Eunhyuk, who Leeteuk entrusted to be the acting leader while he’s in the army, was Wolverine. Henry became goku, even matching it with the blonde hairdo. Kangin, as macho man, chose to be Thor. Shindong decided he would fit Hulk. Siwon, being the good guy that he claims he is, is in Captain America costume. Donghae was more irresistible to look at by just standing there as Iron Man. As evil as Loki is, the Super Junior maknae, Kyuhyun, pulled off the look with an ease. And then the people presumed Ryeowook was inside the Spiderman costume. They couldn’t tell because he was posing and was wearing a mask.

 

Behind them was a timid guy. Obviously wondering how he got in that situation. Huo Yuanjia (from Jet Li’s Fearless) just smiled at the press awkwardly. Sungmin seemed like he was just forced to wear that costume. As uncomfortable as he looked, he still looked adorably cute.

 

Once they got inside their van, they all laughed at themselves. The boys cheered and teased each other – except one unspecific soul who we would not dare call Sungmin.

 

He sat at the farthest corner of the van with wandering eyes. His orbs fixated on to the air mist. Blank. He was that at that state. Questioning the winds with unsure thoughts.

 

Like: What time is it? When can these boys shut up? Why did I end up with them? When can I eat? When can I sleep? Will I even have time to sleep? Why am I so jet-lagged? Why are these rascals so noisy? Can’t they shut up? When will I get peace?

 

Why isn’t she answering my calls? Is she ignoring me? Why hasn’t she replied to any of my text messages? Does she hate me that much? Why didn’t she keep her promise?

 

No matter how hard he tried to get her off his thoughts, she just comes back in that place in an instance. Why was it hard to do? He feels like he’s being the drug-addict who's undergoing rehabilitation. He is trying to at least get a little dettached from her but it was futile. It's official, he’s being the middle school kiddo who has a crush on someone who he knows got him within the boundaries of her friend-zone. Ever-lasting friendzone.

 

He sighed.

 

When they arrived at the dorm, he hurriedly went straight to the room he shares with Kyuhyun. He felt pathetic. Waiting is just one of the hardest things to do, he concluded.

 

Trying to sleep after the long flight, the martial artist slumped his drained body to his bed. Ready to drift to oblivion. But his ears perked up when his phone beeped. The screen flashed, alerting for a text message. His legs wobbledly struggled to reach the blinking device. Once he read what it contains, he was certain. He’s ready to flip the whole universe.

 

He went to get his laptop and set it up for a video chat. He was too excited that his hands were impatiently shivering.

 

As the screen flashed the image of what’s been consuming him the past couple of days, he smiled. The figure smiled back but was immediately replaced by dumbfounded-ness, causing him to shift uncomfortably, intrigued what’s with the sudden reaction.

 

Finally, she spoke. “Oppa, what are you wearing?”

 

It’s right that moment that he remembered how stupid he looks. His palm reached over the back of his head. “Remember about our heroes’ comeback? Well, this was it.”

 

She laughed, creating butterflies in his stomach in the process. For goodness’ sake, he’s over-aged for these kinds of things. “That’s pretty silly but witty. Did you just arrive from your flight?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I guess I texted you in the wrong time. You should rest.”

 

“NO!” Maybe he acted a little bit over the top than he had to. “I mean, don’t. I rested well while in the flight.” Liar! He taunted himself.

 

“Are you sure?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter