Chapter 6 - Sunny

Romance behind the limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

May 15, 2013

 

The girls of Sonyeo Shidae were in bliss for this night is a very special night. Tonight, they are going to celebrate another member’s birthday (together with her biological sisters.) The day was allotted for her family and the night was for her friends and co-members. It was all planned.

 

It was already past nine in the evening and everyone seems excited. It will be their first time to celebrate Sunny’s birthday after two years. She always shared today’s date with her family, considering them three siblings (Eunkyu, Jinkyu and Soonkyu) have the same birthday. They wanted to be with each other even just for this date of the year.

 

But this time it is different. As her Eunkyu now decided to permanently settle in LA, and her father being held up in Kuwait due to work, she decided it would be fair for her co-members to spend her time with them today.

 

Sunny was listening something through her head phones, smiling at some time and sometimes, her eyes would bulge.

 

“Hey, Sunny!” An excited Taeyeon barged into the room they share, interrupting Sunny’s silly moment. “You’re not telling me something, aren’t you?”
 

“What do you mean?”

 

Sensing with her ninja psychic skill, the shorter of the dandyu tried to weigh in the pro’s and con’s of spilling the beans to her SNSD best friend. Taeyeon is a dear friend of her, it’s like she is the twin Sunny never had. They have the same wavelength (and almost same height) since forever. And they tell each other everything. Well, almost everything. But are those reasons enough for her to speak the truth at this moment of time now? It had just been, what, two weeks.

 

“Is Sungmin-oppa really courting you?”

 

She’s not even sure if the guy really meant it that way. Of course, she had experienced dating and courtship. But not fully committed herself to enter into a relationship. Is she ready to take this to a whole new level?

 

She didn’t know.

 

Maybe, she could seek advice from Taeyeon.

 

“I think so.” Her voice was soft, unsure.

 

“Do you feel the same way?”

 

She was flustered.  “I don’t know.”

 

With that answer, Taeyeon couldn’t help but go ballistic into her midget partner. “What do you mean you don’t know?” Automatically jumping into her roommate’s bed.

 

“I don’t know.” She tried to look for words to explain. “Meaning, I’m not sure.”

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

Of all the members, Sunny could be the best wife (in her honest opinion). She’s considerate, hard-working, affectionate, loving, and a lot more adjectives that can describe her as a perfect partner. It’s weird seeing her this baffled, in contrast to her usually bubbly persona.

 

“What are you not sure about? Do you not like him at all? Or you just don’t see him on that light?” The leader of the group will always try to help her members even at times like this. Even when it doesn’t concern their profession. When Sonyeo Shidae is away from the cameras, the strict leader becomes a dorky unnie and a caring umma.

 

“That’s what I’m not sure about.” For the first time, Sunny lifted her head to search for Taeyeons eyes. Looking for answers? Or seeking something else? “It just feels weird having to know he felt that way even before.”

 

“Did he make you uncomfortable?”

 

“In a way, I guess.”

 

“Is that why you’re ignoring his text messages and calls?”

 

Sunny chuckled. She doesn’t know how keen Taeyeon is to things like these. “How did you know?”

 

“I have my sources.” Taeyeon smiled at her, satisfied to see her bunny lift her spirits up. Subconsciously, she touched Sunny’s cheeks (because she was the only one allowed to) before encouraging her. “Don’t worry about it, okay? Let’s celebrate and have fun. That’s what we will only do tonight, okay? You hear me, Soonkyu?” She teased.

 

“Yah! You know I hate being called that name.” Sunny pouted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The party was set to start and everyone was having a good time catching up. Only six out of the girls were able to show up as Yuri was busy for her upcoming movie debut titled “No Breathing” and Sooyoung is in the midst of shooting for her newest drama “Dating Agency”.  Poor shikshin, no food for her tonight.

 

Though the party wasn’t all that flashy, it was enough for the girls to feel warm and united.

 

Once they heard a pair of giggling ladies, the other Soshi members crouched down in position. Ready for a surprising greeting for the birthday girl.

 

1 – 2 – 3

 

Click!

 

“SURPRISE!” The lights , revealing familiar faces to Sunny.

 

The celebrant was too stunned to make a move.

 

“Happy Birthday, Sunny!”

 

“Happy birthday, unnie!”

 

The girls greeted her excitedly. They all looked ecstatic and based from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter