Chapter 4 - Say Yes

Romance behind the limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

May 4, 2013 (Phuket, Thailand) 7PM

 

The five-hour flight from Seoul to Phuket was painfully slow for Sungmin. He was geared up with the best possible disguise to hide his super idol identity he can come up with. Who knows what he’ll end up to be when the people will find out? Luckily, his ninja skills are impressively credible.

 

With a luggage that contained some things that are really necessary on his hand, he braced himself to join the crowd in the middle of the arrival area. The space was really jam-packed. Understood that people wants to have a relaxing vacation on this paradise like haven.

 

His eyes scanned the spaces around everywhere. He realized he had more problems at hand than he imagined. He knew no one from here; he can’t speak Thai (though his English is a bit passable); and he doesn’t know where exactly to go.

 

His last option was to call Sunny. And now that he’s seeing no other way, he attempted to do so. From his pocket, he took the device and immediately after, his fingers tapped the screen.

 

Ah, a phone call again to her. It was tempting to do. But he knew that would spoil the surprise element. He didn’t want that. Hesitantly, he pressed the ‘end ‘ button and put the phone back to where he took it.

 

With one last deep exhale, his legs skidded to the exit portal.

 

“This is going to be a long trip.” He thought to himself.

 

 

 

He tried to ignore the lure to just go back to Seoul. To Seoul.

 

That is like five hours away. What time is it in Seoul right now? Nine in the evening. There’s no freaking way he’s going to waste another moment to back down from this. He wants this. He wants this bad. He can’t waste another moment.

 

Suddenly, he felt as if someone injected a humongous amount of determination in his system. He came all the way from Seoul to here because of one reason only. He has a mission and he will do what he came here for.

 

Looking everywhere for signs, or anything that can be of help, he roamed around. To the left, to the right. He turned around. Feeling like a fool for being a lost wanderer, he almost gave up until he saw a pleasing sight.

 

The tourists’ maps.

 

Some of the staff members from the airport are handing brochures for the foreigners who come visit here. He took one. Learning English had never been this handy.

 

His eyes glinted when he flipped the page and saw what he was looking for.

 

Sri Panwa Resort.

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Two danshins are having a respite from a day of strolling and savouring the place. Feeling worn out, the older girl just sat at the corner and was just watching TV as the younger was entertaining her new found beau.

 

The trio were in the waiting room at that moment, wanting to have a moment of peace from the buzz outside they just experienced.

 

Jay and Hyoyeon were busy keeping each other’s company while Sunny was pondering thoughts.

 

Was there something wrong? She can’t help but wonder about the call she missed. Anxious from what could be happening, she immediately called him back. But to her dismay, he didn’t pick up. He can’t be reached but the line was ringing.

 

Lost in the thought, she didn’t notice the couple bid a short see-you-later greeting. Had it not been for the sound of the door creaking, she wouldn’t have noticed at all. She shrugged. She’s happy for her (partner in crime) friend. She was just hoping that Jay would be the perfect guy for Hyoyeon for the very least. She can’t bear seeing the joking machine in pain once again. It was more unbearable to see her at that state for she took the blame all to herself.

 

Maybe that’s one of the reason she’s afraid to fully give herself to someone. She’ll just end up getting hurt. Love only breaks. And burns. And ends. It’s overrated.

 

Will she be happy? Most probably. But until when? Will she cry? Possibly. Will she be hurt? She hopes not.

 

I guess hot summer temperature kissing your skin does make you a bit gushy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Sunny! Someone’s here to see you!” Hyoyeon excitedly resurfaced, shocking the bunny out of the bagel girl.

 

“Who would that be?” Sunny asked while trying to stand on her dead-tired (short) legs. Dammit. She mocked her own self for her temporary incapacity.

 

A man carrying a luggage, who is quite sweating like a pig, out-of-breathly appeared. His hands rested on his knees and his head was bowed down. “It’s me.”

 

It took a little while for Sunny to process the information in her head. What is he doing here? All the while, Sungmin lifted his head and grinned at the lady in front of him with an unreadable expression.

 

“I’ll leave you two here, okay?” Hyoyeon clapped her hands together. The sound was intended to get their attention. “I’ll trust her in you this time, oppa. Got it?” She added without waiting for a reply.

 

When the coast was finally clear, Sungmin took his time to steady his breathing pace. It wasn’t easy looking for the right directions in this country. He had to take long walks and run a few miles at times. If it hadn’t been for what he has to do, he would’ve given up already.

 

A moment of silence followed but not after Sunny came back with a glass of water. Did she go? He hasn’t even noticed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter