Chapter 8 - Almost

Romance behind the limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 25, 2013

 

a/n I don’t know if my memory about what happened a couple of weeks ago is accurate so forgive me please. And was guessing the title from the previous chapter that difficult? The answer is Vitamin btw. We’ll try another guess for this chapter, okay? Hehe. Let me just see if.....

 

Thanks for the upvote, Thechosenones. Didn’t realize I increased one vote. Thank you, really. It means a lot to me.

 

 

 

“What? I thought I’d be on Kiss The Radio today?” Sungmin couldn’t believe what their manager just told him.

 

“Now that you injured your leg, you can’t go.” Manager Prince tried to match Sungmin’s blusterous tone. “Have you been more careful practicing your skateboard, we will not be having this argument at all.”

 

“But a fan gave me that gift. I should maximize its use.” Trying to reason out, Sungmin was fiddling his fingers together and thinking of ways how to bargain with their manager. He was already stubborn and their manager seemed not to give up as well. Equilibrium, I suppose not.

 

Their manager sighed.

 

“This should give you the warning not to do things, no matter how much you want, that you can’t handle. You’re putting yourself in a much risky state.”

 

“Please let me go, Prince manager. It’s just a broadcast. I can just sit there during the whole recording.” Ha!

 

Again, manager hyung sighed. “No, it’s not the usual broadcast. Ryeowook and his co-DJ will be holding up an anniversary special for a watch company.”

 

As soon as he heard this statement, his ears perked up. “His co-DJ? So they were too soon to replace me? I thought I was Ryeowook’s radio partner?” He couldn’t believe what their manager just told him, again.

 

“Sungmin, business is business. Of course things like these happen. It’s a good thing they had a plan C.”

 

“It was plan C already?” What happened to plans A and B?

 

“Well, plan B was just you and Ryeowook. In case your co-DJ is busy with schedules that plan A would not go according to plan.”

 

“That co-DJ better do a good job to cover up for me!” He couldn’t help but feel insecure. Curse this leg injury, he kept reprimanding his on incapacity. “Who is he anyway?”

 

“‘He’? You mean ‘she’.” Chuckles soon took place and were immediately impregnated by a silence of confusion. “It’s Sunny.”

 

Sunny? That name that can send him over the edge of his sanity?

 

“Sonyeo Shidae’s Sunny?!” If he was talking loudly just while back, his volume now seemed to triple. “Manager, I really need to go there! I don’t care about my injury anymore. If you don’t want me to die, send me over there!”

 

“Too late, Sungmin. The event already started.”

 

And like an amplifier on its loudest outrage, he screamed his hardest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi, Sunny!” Ryeowook greeted his partner for today, smiling like the innocent child that he is. Sunny returned the smile and greeted back, though her eyes were scanning somewhere else.

 

“Where is Sungmin oppa? I thought the three of us will be hosting this event.” She was bothered by his absence. She knows he hates being late because it would make him look unprofessional. And as he said, he doesn’t want to disappoint (particularly, her).

 

“Manager hyung didn’t allow him to go because of his leg injury.” He sat at the empty space on the couch near to Sunny’s side.

 

Worry soon took over Sunny’s system. “He injured his leg? How?”

 

“It was yesterday, he was practicing how to skate board but he fell out of balance.”

 

It bothered Sunny how calm Ryeowook is relating the story to her. It may not be fatal but it still is an injury.

 

“How bad was it?” Not taking the fact that she didn’t know about it, she couldn’t help to feel bad. About being a bad friend.

 

“Relax, Sunny. Hyung can take it-“

 

“But still.” She muttered. Of course you get worried over your friend. Just knowing they’re not okay and you can’t do anything to ease their pain hurts you all the more.

 

“Don’t worry much, Sunny. He’s okay. If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter