Chapter 1 - Promise

Romance behind the limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

April 27, 2013

 

Somewhere far away from the cameras, a certain little bunny was enjoying the consumption of darkness in her system. Everything about it made her the person she had forgotten to be. Someone who's just..normal. Just her. No makeups to cover up flaws, comfortable clothings that no one will judge, hair everywhere without being verball berated by the netizens. Without flashing ingenuine smiles to her fans.

 

It wasn't just physically tiring, it was also psychologically exhausting...and self-loathing. Fakeness.

 

It was a good thing her schedule has been cleared off for a couple of weeks. But someone just had to ruin the moment.

 

Her phone rang unexpectedly in the middle of her well-anticipated sleep. Groaning in frustration, she picked it up.

“What?” She snapped straight ahead once she was certain that the lines are connected. Her ears perked up when she heard series of chuckles from the caller. With lazy eyes but curious brows, she sneaked a peek at the screen of her phone. The digits weren’t saved in her phone book but they seem familiar. “Uh..hello?” She tried more nicely now.

 

“I’m sorry for waking you up, Sunny. I thought you’ve already woken up considering it’s nearly noon. I forgot you’re not a morning person.” His voice was soothingly calm, no doubt, it’s him.

 

“Ah, Sungmin-oppa. I’m sorry. What made you call? Is there something wrong in the company?” Once she confirmed who it is, she bolted to sit straight and pay attention. Wondering what's with the sudden ring.

 

“Everything’s perfect in here. It’s just you, girls, do not keep in-touch with us anymore.” SNSD members have just wrapped up their second Japan Tour. Aside from that, some members had separate solo activities, making them busier than they usually are.

 

“We’re sorry for that, oppa. We just focused too much on the tour so we didn’t have time, I guess.” She shrugged.

 

“You focused too much on the tour that’s why you didn’t tell me you changed numbers?” Was he making her guilty? Because it sounded much like it. “Had it not been from Kyuhyun, I wouldn’t know.” His voice turned serious.

 

 “Sorry for that again. I had to give him my number because we had to talk about some things regarding our musical.”

 

“So you had no intention of keeping in touch with me? I mean you, girls with us.” Mentally facepalm-ing his face with a surfboard.

 

“Is that what this whole phone call is all about?” Sunny couldn’t help but get annoyed. Who does he think he is to call her up while sleeping – take note, they’re separated by a huge continent and everything that surrounds it – just to give her a serious lecture? A lecture about what? Keeping in touch? “If that is the case, I don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s not like I or any of the girls need to inform you what we are up to. Yes, you may be our sunbae but that doesn’t entitle us to inform you our whereabouts.”

 

Sungmin felt her roll her eyes. He couldn’t see her personally but he knows what she’s doing. “I didn’t mean to make it sound like that.” How did things end up like that?

 

“Well, if you don’t have anything else to say, I’ll hang up no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter