Are Some Memories Better Forgotten?

One More, Just One More Chance

Ji Yong's POV

You have spoken with your manager and it took you a lot of work to convince him to let So Ah stay. But something tells you that none of the others are happy about it, especially Seung Ri. None of them have a choice. You are the leader after all, and your words are final. So Ah has been staying with you at the hospital to keep you company and the others have been dropping by casually. However, you miss a person, your maknae, Seung Ri. You don't know why, but each time you see that he is the only one missing, your heart ache. Luckily, So Ah is always there to mend you. The other always give So Ah weird glances and ask you about a lot of stuff. Like 'what did you do one month ago?' or 'Do you remember this or that?' Thinking about these things, trigger you head ache all the time. You are even more bothered though by the fact that they all know something that you don't. Although you ask them each time, they won't answer you and change the topic right away. If they really want you to remember, why can't they just tell you?!

“Oppa,” So Ah's voice interrupts your thinking.

“They are here, we have to go.”

“Yeah, right.” you mumble.



Seung Ri's POV

Your feelings are a mess. You are sure though, that you love him more than anything, but he either doesn't remember loving you or doesn't love you. He doesn't even remember the day you confess or when he confessed. This is tearing you apart, and now he is saying that she is his girlfriend! You and him were together for a month. He forgot all of that and is already moving on without breaking up with you! Still, this don't keep you from throwing a welcome home party for him even though he has only been in hospital for a few days. You have cooked all his favorites, like he did for you that day. The present is in a good hiding place. You don't want him to have it. Not now, when he doesn't remember anything between the two of you. A single tear makes it way down your cheek. “Does he miss you?” you wonder, because you are missing him a lot. But you won't be able to keep your feelings in check if you see him together with her. You don't know if you'll be able to meet him together with her now either. There are a lot of excuses you could have used, but you have to face this. To show that you're strong. She will live with you for who knows how long, and who knows when Ji Yong's memories will come back or if they ever will. You sigh and look at the watch. They will be here soon. Last chance to use an excuse.



Ji Yong's POV

The whole ride is quiet. No one said a word. The atmosphere is awkward. Daesung seems to notice it too, so to make it happier, he starts a conversation with you. 

“Hyung, can you cook for me on my birthday?” Daesung hints.

“Cook? You know I don't cook.” you answer. 


“But you did for Seung Ri..” he whines.

“I did? When?” You are sure that you're not a good cook. Why would you cook for maknae? He looks at you with a sad expression. 


“You cook for him one month ago.” You are confused. 


“One month ago...” You mumble, “not his birthday.” you continue. 


“No,” Daesung starts sadly. “He was released from the hospital then,” Taeyang turns in his seat to face you. 


“Ji Yong, are you sure you can't remember?” You don't answer. That person, could that person be Seung Ri? But why would you hug him and why was he in the hospital? You shake you head, feeling that it would explode soon. So Ah holds your hand. 


“Don't worry about it, oppa. Some memories are better forgotten.” she smiles and you smile back. Maybe she is right. The awkwardness comes back. 



Seung Ri's POV

You put on a fake smile and try to confront them , acting as normal as possible. “Maknae,” you love bursts out and takes his arm over you. “You are a bad dongsaeng,” he scolds. “You don't visit your hyung when he is in hospital. Don't you miss me?” he continues. 


“Sorry, hyung,” you apologize. “I haven't been feeling well lately.” you explain. A white lie. 


“Why? Are you sick?” he asks worried, and drags you down a bit. “Gosh, why do you have to be so tall?” he comments while feeling your forehead with his. “You don't have a fever, but you do look kind of red...” he continues while looking at you. You shake away the embarrassment. 


“It's nothing big, I don't feel 100% that's all.” you try to assure him. 


“Then you should go to bed. We don't want you to exhaust yourself.” he says strictly. You sigh, 


“Sure, sure.”



 

You walk towards the room you and him share. 


“Wait, why are you going into my room?” You turn around, looking at him confused at first, then look away. 


“Oh, you and I share a room now, but if you don't want to...” You can't continue, pain is running through you. 


“No, no, no. It's okay.” he smiles and you reply the smile. 


“Ehem,” So Ah wants the attention. “I'm sorry to interrupt, but where should I put my stuff.” She acts all innocently. 


“Oh, sorry jagiya,” he hurries to her side. “Well, I thought I could share a room with her. What do you guys think?” he asks looking at you, then the other hyungs. You couldn't take this, you need help. Looking at the others for support, they come for your aid.

“Ji Yong, I don't think it's a good idea.” Taeyang starts. 


“Why?” he is surprised. 


“Well, she is a girl~” Daesung adds. 


“Yeah and a girl needs her privacy.” Seung Hyun backs the others up. You give them a 'Thank you' look. 


“Very well, then Daesung moves in with Seung Hyun.” He makes the decision and turns to So Ah. “So Ah, that is going to be your room, but you should wait until Daesung has cleaned it first.” he explains and points at Daesung's room. She just nods disappointed. 




Ji Yong's POV

Why are everyone against you and So Ah and why are you sharing your room with Seung Ri? You walk into your room, and lay your stuff there. Then you walk out and join the others in the kitchen. There are a lot of food on the table. You realize that they are all your favorites. 


“Seung Ri...” you whisper. He has to be the one who made them. Among all of you, he is the only one who can cook like a professional. You are touched. This totally made you forget that he didn't visit you. However, there are something that bother you. This feels familiar. You can feel that you have experienced this before. “But you did for Seung Ri,” Daesung's words play in your head like a broken song. 


“Who is ready for dessert?” Daesung announces and brings a cake. “Welcome back, Ji Yong,” the cake says and it is decorated with a picture of you. 


 

You stare at the cake. Something is missing. Another person should have been on the cake and there should be three more words. You wonder who this person is. Each time you think about him/her you get a really bad headache. You shake your head. Everyone finished their meal and went to bed. 


After saying good night to So Ah, you walk to your room. You enter quietly and whisper to the sleeping Seung Ri. 

“Thanks for the lovely food, maknae, and I'm sorry if I forgot something really important. But why can't you just tell me?” you sigh and went to sleep. Unknownly to you, a single tear run down Seung Ri's face.