Mistake

Just to let you know, I love you...

(Continued)

“What’s wrong? They won’t do anything like discuss how to kill Tae, I promise. Noona’s been on her guard from Minho nowadays,” Onew assured them.

“Hyung, you can’t trust Minho. What if noona falls for his lies?” Key asked worriedly.

“Then I’ll protect Taemin?” Onew answered incredulously.

“Onew, you really screwed up this time. But you know what? Forget it. We came here today to relax. Come on and help us with the barbeque,” Doojoon told Onew.

“Ne,” Onew obliged and followed Doojoon to the barbeque pit, kissing Taemin on the forehead on the way there.

“Hyung, don’t do that now,” Taemin said sternly, angry with Onew for endangering his life. Nonetheless, the maknae still blushed a little in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry for letting them go off, ok?” Onew apologised, knowing exactly why his boyfriend was pissed off at him. Taemin just huffed and turned away.

Throughout the next few minutes, the idols (minus Taemin) barbequed the chicken slowly, talking about their respective schedules and plans for the next day.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile…

Victoria and Minho were in an alley. They had gotten off the taxi not long ago and were talking about Victoria’s conditions for Onew.

“Noona, what if I told you that hyung is going to propose to Taemin soon?” Minho asked.

“I won’t believe you unless you have proof,” Victoria took her stand.

“He said that he’s leaving early tomorrow, right? Let’s follow him,” Minho suggested.

 

[Flashback]

“Good job noona! Let’s go to the pension once you’re done changing,” Onew told Victoria.

“Hyung, can you go first? I want to discuss something about tomorrow with noona. Privately,” Minho added. Onew stared at the younger male for a moment before nodding.

“Sure. Speaking of which, I’m leaving earlier to get something tomorrow. You think the others will mind?” Onew asked, directed towards Victoria.

“Nope. The B2ST boys have always been reasonable. I’ll explain it to them. But I need to know why,” Victoria raised her brow questioningly.

Onew chuckled nervously. “It’s n-nothing. I f-figured that if I wasn’t g-going to play b-beach volleyball with you g-guys, why not j-just go back to the dorm and catch some s-sleep?” Onew stammered.

“Right… whatever. Bye then,” Victoria waved Onew away and turned to Minho.

[End of flashback]

 

*I wonder what he’s going to do. Maybe Minho’s right, we should follow him. But I don’t want to ruin this perfect compromise of ours…* Victoria thought, frustrated. She just nodded, not knowing how to answer. Then she sighed and looked up at Minho.

“Can we go now? I need to keep my luggage,” Victoria told him, feigning annoyance.

“Arasso. You lead the way then,” Minho told her as he flagged a cab and got in.

“Sure,” Victoria carried her bag into the cab and closed the door, telling the driver where to go.

The rest of the journey to the pension was silent. Neither Victoria nor Minho knew what to say.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Noona! Hi~” Hyunseung waved to Victoria excitedly.

“Hi Seungie and others,” Victoria smiled at them.

“I’m here too,” Minho complained.

“Hi Minho,” Junhyung said, not turning to face the other rapper.

“I need the keys to our room so that I can put my stuff there. Who has them?” Victoria asked. Key gulped and turned around, raising his hand somewhat nervously.

“Why aren’t you guys cooking yet? Just realised,” Onew said, looking at everyone, especially Key.

“I kind of forgot to bring the food and charcoal down?” Key replied hesitantly.

“And why didn’t you get it?” Minho asked.

“There’s more to come,” Jonghyun snorted. Key glared at his boyfriend and shut him up.

“I forgot the keys…” Key sighed, revealing the truth in the end.

“Mwoh?!” the three asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Key, the all-reliant umma of SHINee, forgot something as important as the keys to your room,” Yoseob told them, rolling his eyes.

“So should we go ask the staff for spare keys?” Gikwang offered.

“Yeah. Yoseob hyung, go aegyo the keys from them,” Dongwoon told the elder.

“Yah, maknae, don’t order your hyung around like that. It’s rude,” Doojoon chided.

“You’re just saying that cause he’s your boyfriend. Mehrong!” Dongwoon stuck his tongue out.

“Aish. Noona, Seobie, come on. Let’s go get the keys from them. You don’t mind, right, Seobie?” Hyunseung asked. Yoseob smiled and shook his head.

“Let’s go. Woonie, it’s alright. Joonie, why so protective? Jinjja,” Yoseob shook his head in disapproval and walked off, Victoria and Hyunseung behind him.

“Taeminnie, you still angry at me?” Onew asked. Taemin didn’t reply, but he stood up and held out his hand for his crutches. Onew passed the younger male his crutches and Taemin walked off. “Yah! Tae, wait!” Onew shouted and followed after Taemin.

“What the hell?” Minho asked, looking at JongKey who shrugged.

“They have issues. Let’s not bother ourselves with them,” Jonghyun said. Minho nodded, staring after the disappearing backs of the couple.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why’d you come to the beach?” Onew asked, the beach coming into sight.

Taemin sighed and found a bench nearby, sitting down. Onew followed suit and looked at the maknae worriedly.

“Hyung…” Taemin began, getting Onew’s attention.

“Yes?” Onew asked cautiously, not knowing what would come next.

“Why have we become more distanced? In the past, we freely showed skinship to anyone and anyone.  But now that noona and Minho hyung have come between us, we’re becoming less close. Why?” Taemin asked sadly, turning to look at Onew.

“Because I don’t want to hurt you. If I do all that, what would Victoria noona think? What would Minho think? What if they go insane and kill you for real this time?” Onew asked.

“Then you’ll protect me. I know you will hyung. Noona already accepted us, and Minho hyung? Just forget about him. He can go to hell,” Taemin scoffed.

“Taeminnie, don’t talk like that. Fine, what do you want from me? A kiss?” Onew asked.

“Why not?” Taemin grinned and closed his eyes.

True enough, Onew kissed Taemin, and passionately, too. They only broke apart when they needed air. After which they kissed again and returned to the barbeque pit.

“Thanks, hyung,” Taemin said gratefully. He was pretty fragile, just like Yoseob, and he had to feel loved. He had been falling apart at Onew’s ignorance.

“I know you were quite sad cause I didn’t do any of that these past few weeks. I’m sorry,” Onew apologised and pecked Taemin on the nose again.

“Yah…” Taemin blushed, looking down in embarrassment. Onew chuckled and led Taemin back to the pit where everyone was waiting for them.

“Yoseob, you managed to get the keys?” Onew asked. Yoseob beamed and nodded.

“Key’s getting the food down and noona went to put her stuff down,” Yoseob informed the elder.

“And they’re back!” Gikwang pointed at the two.

Once they unpacked the food and put it on the table, the idols began to barbeque the chicken. Onew even tried to steal a few drumsticks that weren’t cooked yet. It was a good thing that everyone kept an eye out for him after the first attempt.

Not long later, they finished barbequing the food, and they sat down at the beach and ate picnic-style. Naturally, the couples sat beside each other. Victoria sat with OnTae and Minho sat alone.

Taemin rested his head on Onew’s shoulder and looked at the elder male. “Hyung?”

“Ne? what’s wrong?” Onew asked worriedly.

“Nothing. I was just thinking what would’ve happened if we weren’t idols. Would we still be together?” Taemin asked curiously, momentarily forgetting about Victoria’s presence.

Onew nodded. “Of course. I wouldn’t be together with anyone but you,” Onew assured the maknae, kissing the top of his crown lovingly. Seemed like the OnTae couple were back!

Victoria refrained from rolling her eyes and cleared . “If you want, I’ll move and let you guys have your alone time. No need to get mushy in front of me.”

Onew was the one who blushed this time. “Sorry. I kind of forgot about you, noona. We’ll save the mushiness for later, ok?” Onew asked.

“I’m sleeping in the same room as you, babo. I’ll go sit with Minho. Bye~” Victoria got up and waved to the couple who were stoning there, stunned.

“What the heck? Oops, I guess…” Taemin laughed a little and sat up straight, looking at Onew in the eye, seeming a little more than worried.

“What? I didn’t do anything wrong,” Onew protected himself.

“You could’ve remembered the fact that we’re sleeping together tonight! Aish, wait if Minho hyung hurts noona?” Taemin murmured to himself, frowning in concern.

“But… she hurt you,” Onew reminded his boyfriend, pointing at the casted leg. Taemin stared at his leg for a moment and shook his head.

“I forgave her for that already. Ah well, it’s her choice. I just hope that hyung stays away from her…” Taemin sighed and rested his head back onto Onew’s shoulder.

Onew turned around and cupped Taemin’s face, looking at the younger intensely. “Come on, Tae. It’s not our problem. Let’s just enjoy the view. We’ll be going back up soon, anyways,” Onew told him and pecked the younger male’s forehead.

“Kay,” Taemin agreed and looked out to the sea.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m beat,” Key said as he dragged a mattress out of the store room and plopped down on it.

“There’s a problem though…” Jonghyun bit his lip.

“Huh?” the others asked, not understanding what the vocalist meant.

“Um… there are only a total of three mattresses… the couples can share, but how about noona and Minho?” Jonghyun asked, not quite knowing what to do.

“I’m not sleeping with Taeminnie,” Onew informed the rest who turned to look at him wide-eyed.

“Why?” Taemin asked, unable to conceal the hurt that he felt.

“I could kick your leg and… you get the point. I’ll sleep on the floor. Minho too. Let noona have the mattress,” Onew told the taller male who nodded.

“I don’t mind,” Minho said and grabbed a pillow, put it on the floor and lay down.

Onew did the same and pecked Taemin’s nose before he drifted to sleep. “Nights, Tae.”

“Night hyung,” Taemin replied and fell into a deep slumber.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“WAKE UP!” Key screamed into Onew’s ear, shocking the leader and causing him to jump.

“I’m up, I’m up!” Onew held his hands up in a surrendering position.

“Good. You’re the last one, babo. Go wash up and eat. Breakfast is ready,” Key told Onew and went to the kitchen to sit down.

Onew got up groggily, rubbing his eyes while walking towards the toilet. His head hit the wall once, though, and he rubbed it softly.

Onew washed up and quickly joined the others for breakfast.

“Finally!” Key said, as if it were a miracle. Onew inwardly rolled his eyes, forcing a smile.

“Yes, I get it. I’m slow, ok? Key’s being mean. Jonghyun, control that diva of yours,” Onew complained. Jonghyun nodded absentmindedly, making Key gape and Onew smirk victoriously.

“Yah! Jjong, don’t you dare back hyung up!” Key warned.

“Key umma, hyung was already pretty fast. Stop scolding him. I’m hungry~” Taemin whined cutely. As expected, Key melted at Taemin’s aegyo and gave in.

“Arasso, I won’t disturb your beloved dubu. Let’s eat!” Key exclaimed and dug into his cereals.

The others followed suit and soon, they finished breakfast. Minho and Onew were in charge of cleaning up while the others headed to the beach first.

“So… hyung, you’re leaving earlier later,” Minho said. It wasn’t a question, not exactly.

“Yup. I trust you with Tae,” Onew said, not looking up from the dishes.

“Sure.  I wouldn’t let him get injured, unlike SOMEBODY,” Minho said sarcastically.

“It wasn’t my fault,” Onew shot back, but he was softer.

“Guilty? If you had listened to noona, Taemin wouldn’t have gotten injured! It’s your fault,” Minho glared at Onew, pointing at the elder male.

“Noona’s changed. You can see that. But I guess you’d try to trick her, wouldn’t you?” Onew asked knowingly, eyes still glued on the dishes.

“Heck yeah I will. Anyways, I’m done so I’ll go find them first,” Minho said and went out of the room.

*Should I change my plans? But then they’d definitely suspect something…* Onew frowned and put the last dish in place, dried his hands and left the room too.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m here!” Onew announced as the idols came into sight. They were playing beach volleyball, as planned. The groupings went like this:

 

Group 1

Minho

Key

Junhyung

Yoseob

Dongwoon

Group 2

Jonghyun

Hyunseung

Doojoon

Gikwang

 

Onew decided to join group 2 cause, well, they were obviously at a disadvantage. And not to mention the fact that he didn’t want to team with Minho. He really didn’t want to.

“Jonghyun, I’m joining you!” Onew shouted and ran towards them, nearly tripping on the way.

“Whatever he does is Onew sangtae~” Taemin sang. Victoria watched this and remembered to say it whenever Onew did something stupid and careless.

The two of them (Taemin and Victoria) weren’t playing because Taemin was injured, obviously, and Victoria playing would be unfair to her. She was a woman, after all.

“You’re mean!” Onew shouted to Taemin who stuck his tongue out.

“Too bad! They’re starting!” Taemin told Onew. The elder male nodded and focused his attention onto the game. Too bad it didn’t work anyway; he WAS Onew.

“So, Taemin,” Victoria began. Taemin turned to look at his noona and raised a brow in question.

“Ne?”

“I was just wondering… how did you guys get together?” Victoria asked curiously.

“We knew each other since trainee days and Onew hyung and I, we were especially close. I kind of liked him and I guess he did too. I was afraid of confessing, or rather, I was afraid of rejection. I hid my feelings, thinking that ‘Hey, Onew hyung might not be gay’. About a year after we debuted, however, hyung brought me to the park near SM’s building and confessed. Naturally, I accepted. I was elated, like, duh. And here we are now,” Taemin told Victoria.

“That sounds so romantic…” Victoria said dreamily. “Did he like, prepare any flowers or something?”

“At that time? No. But recently he did learn a lot about flowers,” Taemin said proudly.

“I figured. Let’s just watch him play,” Victoria suggested. Taemin smiled and nodded in agreement. Both of them turned their attention back to the ongoing match, just as Onew got hit by the ball. In the face. By Minho. HARD.

“Hyung!”

“Onew!”

Victoria got up and helped Taemin to the court to check on Onew’s condition. It looked like he was tearing already. Ouch.

“It’s… alright. I’m ok, just… let me rest…” Onew held onto his face, obviously in a lot of pain. Taemin nodded at Victoria and he walked back to the picnic mat while Victoria helped Onew up.

“Erm… Seobie, help Onew, arasso?” Hyunseung asked. Yoseob gladly obliged and helped Victoria to bring Onew back to the picnic mat.

“I’ll go get an ice pack from the staff. Oh god…” Yoseob said in horror and ran off hastily.

“Hyung, are you really ok? You look like you’re bleeding! Holy crap!” Taemin exclaimed, grabbing a clean towel and pulling Onew’s hand off his face. The leader’s face was red, very red, and his nose and sides of his lips were bleeding.

“Oh my god…” Victoria gasped, freaked out by the damage done by that one volleyball. “Couldn’t you have blocked yourself?!”

“No?” Onew tried to joke and lighten the mood, but it didn’t help.

“Come on, hyung. Let me clean your face for you,” Taemin said soothingly and poured some water onto the towel, squeezed it dry and dabbed it onto Onew’s lips, making the elder wince.

“Ow…” Onew twitched, but tried not to let the pain show as much.

“Sorry,” Taemin muttered and tried to be gentler. *Damn that Choi Minho! What right does he have to hurt hyung? . Hope you go to hell!* Taemin cursed and furrowed his brows, but otherwise said nothing as he continued cleaning Onew’s injuries.

“Here. The ice pack,” Yoseob shouted and ran towards the three. Victoria took the pack from Yoseob and passed it to Taemin. The younger male smiled gratefully and held it at the worst injuries; Onew’s lips and nose.

“Onew, you alright? Like, how hard did the ball hit you?” Victoria asked in concern.

Onew shook his head and attempted a smile. “I’ll live. Don’t worry,” he assured them.

“Onew hyung, don’t be so stupid. You’re obviously NOT alright. You’re bleeding, for god’s sake! From getting hit by a volleyball, not even a soccer ball! Volleyballs are not nearly as hard, so how did you manage to bleed? Simple, the impact was huge,” Yoseob sighed in disapproval.

“Seob hyung’s right. How could you be alright? You should rest for now,” Taemin said and pushed the elder down. Onew knew that he couldn’t beat Taemin, so he just obliged and lay down obediently and let his boyfriend put ice on his face.

*Minho is going to get it from me, dammit!* Taemin and Victoria thought simultaneously.

The others had, surprisingly, resumed playing as if nothing had happened.

“Wait… I’m leaving earlier later on…” Onew suddenly remembered.

“About that… why’re you in such a rush to go off? I know you said that you wouldn’t play, but you did. Now look at you!” Victoria shook her head.

“But this is important! I have an appointment…” Onew regretted his words almost immediately.

“Really? With who?” Victoria asked suspiciously.

“With… my umma!” Onew said randomly, not able to think of anyone else.

“Right… whatever, but you’re in no condition to leave now. Aish…” Victoria sighed, obviously not convinced. Onew shook his head fiercely in disagreement.

“I have to go! Ow…” Onew winced again and held onto the ice pack.

“I agree with noona. You shouldn’t go. Or at least get someone to go with you,” Yoseob said.

“Fine. Get JongKey here, please?” Onew asked. Yoseob nodded and went off to get the couple.

“Hyung, what’s so important that you have to go when you’re injured?” Taemin asked.

“My umma?” Onew shot back incredulously.

“I’m sure she wouldn’t blame you for cancelling. I mean, look at you! You look horrible! Just let me call her for you. She’ll understand,” Taemin said and took his phone out.

“Hyung, what is it?” Jonghyun asked, dragging Key with him.

“I have to meet my umma later and these few insist that I be escorted. You two can help, right? Please, this is really important!” Onew pleaded. Key just shrugged and Jonghyun nodded.

“Sure. Let’s leave when you feel better. In ten minutes, at least, ok?” Onew nodded.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So, hyung, what did you plan with your umma?” Key asked as he closed the door of the taxi.

“I’m not meeting my umma,” Onew confessed.

“Then where…” Jonghyun asked in confusion.

“I’m buying something for Taeminnie. Help me pick, ok?” Onew asked. JongKey smiled and nodded. Anything is worth it for their maknae.

Not long later, they made it to the mall. Onew’s face was covered by his hoodie and the same went for the JongKey couple.

“Where are we going?” Key asked. Onew just said nothing and led the way.

“A jewelry store?” Jonghyun asked, looking at the store.

“Yep. I came to buy… a ring,” Onew admitted shyly.

“Whoa, hold on a second. You’re going to PROPOSE?” Key asked in shock.

“Yeah. But noona mustn’t find out or she’ll really kill Tae. Same goes for Minho. That’s why I asked you two, of all people, to come with me,” Onew told them.

“Right… let’s go and pick a ring then!” Key exclaimed and dragged them into the store.

“What do you think of this?” Onew held out an exquisitely carved ring.

Key looked at it and shook his head immediately. “Taeminnie prefers simple things, don’t you think? He did come from a poorer family, after all, just like you,” Key said.

“True…” Onew agreed and put the ring back in place.

“Hyung, what do you think of this?” Jonghyun held a ring up. It was simple, as Key had said. It had no designs except for a simple diamond in the middle. Nonetheless, the way it had been made was pretty unique. The ring was curved in a special way that it wouldn’t usually be.

“Simple, yes, but I think it’s a little… it's so unique that it's not. I mean, I’m sure you could find similar designs,” Onew said. “How about… I custom-make a ring? For both me and Taeminnie?” Onew asked. JongKey didn’t take long to decide; they both nodded without hesitation.

“It’s set then. But do you have a design in mind? Wait, hold on a second,” Jonghyun said and headed to the counter. “Excuse me?”

“Yes? How may I help you?” the sales assistant asked politely.

“I just wanted to know how long it would take to custom-make a ring. Or rather, two rings of the same design,” Jonghyun questioned.

“At the most, two weeks. You can pay a higher price if you want it rushed out though,” she said.

“Oh, alright. Thanks, we’ll think about it,” Jonghyun bowed slightly and returned to the other two.

“So? How did it go?” Key asked impatiently.

“She said it would take two weeks or less. If you want it rushed out, you’ll have to pay a higher price,” Jonghyun told the two. Onew nodded and thought for a moment.

“I got it! Key, help me draw, arasso?” Onew asked. The diva just nodded blankly, not knowing what exactly it was that he had to draw.

“You know how dolphins have this way of… swimming around each other? A little like Yin and Yang, in a circle. Help me draw two dolphins in that position,” Onew instructed.

Key nodded and did as told, to the best of what he could. “Like this?” Key asked, holding the picture up. Onew nodded and smiled brightly at Key.

“And then add a small diamond on top and we’re done! I’m sure Tae wouldn’t want me to spend too much money on him,” Onew said. Key nodded and added the last detail.

 

(Something like this: dolphin circle minus the fins at the centre)

 

“Done! Now what size are you and Taeminnie?” Key asked.

Onew gestured for the sales assistant to come over and measure his finger size.

“Your size is 19. How about the other ring?” the assistant asked.

“I’ll help Taeminnie try the size. He’s the same as me, anyway,” Key said and measured his finger size.

“It’s size 17.5. Arasso. I assume that this is your design?” she asked. Onew grinned and nodded. “It’s unique. What inspired this? I haven’t seen people design this even though I’ve worked here for nearly a decade,” she asked curiously.

“My… partner likes dolphins a lot,” Onew explained, hesitating on what he should call Taemin.

“I’m sure he or she would be very happy to get this,” she said genuinely.

“You’re not against homouals?” Key blurted out.

“Oh, no. I’ve been in the business long enough. I find it perfectly alright. But I have to ask, are you three from SHINee?” the assistant asked excitedly.

“Um… yeah,” Jonghyun admitted. She nodded knowingly.

“So I assume the ‘Tae’ and ‘Taeminnie’ you speak of is your maknae, right?” she guessed.

“Well… ne,” Onew sighed. The sales assistant squealed like a fangirl.

“Omo, I totally ship OnTae! I hope you’re successful!” she wished Onew.

“Me too. Can I get the rings by next Sunday?” Onew asked. She nodded and took a calculator out.

“Sure. But what sized diamond do you want?” she asked.

“Is 2-carat too much? Cause Taeminnie didn’t come from a very rich family, so he’s quite conscious about spending too much,” Onew told her. The assistant frowned.

“But for your design, it would be better if you had a 3-carat diamond. Because of the size,” she explained when Onew raised a brow, clearly confused.

“Oh, alright. The how much would it cost? For both,” Onew asked. The assistant punched in some numbers and raised her brow.

“Not too much. Totaled, they cost about 25 million won. I’m sure you can afford that,” she assumed.

“Sure. It is custom-made. Do I pay now?” Onew asked. The assistant nodded and led him to the counter. *It’s a good thing I go on variety shows. Heck, my pay for a month is about 11 million won, including variety show appearances and being Music Core’s mc. Goodness…* Onew thought sadly. But, oh well, anything was worth it for Taemin. To Onew, anyway.

“Here’s your receipt. We’ll have the ring made by next Sunday, at this time. See you again!” the assistant bowed. Onew smiled and stayed there, making her look up. “What?”

“I was just curious as to why you didn’t ask for my autograph,” Onew shrugged.

“I’ll see you next week, won’t I?” the assistant smirked.

“Oh. Ok, see you then! Thanks,” Onew waved and left the shop with JongKey. Little did the three of them know that Minho and Victoria were watching them all along.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I knew something was up. So, noona?” Minho looked at the elder while smirking.

Tears were gathering in Victoria’s eyes. *How could he? I trusted him…* Victoria bit her lip till it bled, feeling more betrayed than ever. “I’m going to kill Taemin,” she swore under her breath.

Minho heard her words and gasped. *What the holy did I get Taemin into?! AISH…* he thought in horror. “Erm, noona, why not get rid of hyung? I mean, he was the one who betrayed you. Taemin didn’t do anything wrong,” Minho tried to persuade her.

“No. He was wrong to have even survived. They’ll both die then.” Victoria said monotonously.

Minho gulped. Victoria was scary. He shouldn’t have brought her to stalk Onew, but it was too late for regrets now. “O-ok, noona. Let’s g-go back n-now ok?” Minho stammered.

“Sure,” Victoria turned to face Minho and smiled brightly.

*What the hell?* Minho thought, suddenly very afraid. He decided to tell the f(x) members about their leader’s current mental condition. Maybe then she might not hurt them.

 

{From: Minho

Victoria noona is freaking me out. Just wanted to warn you: do not get too close to her today, or any day, in fact. She might kill you. I AM NOT KIDDING. Tell the others.

To: Luna}

 

Minho shut his phone and looked at Victoria. “Noona, you should head to Inkigayo now. I’ll go back to SHINee’s dorm. Bye,” Minho said and left Victoria alone.

“Time to go to Inkigayo,” Victoria said to herself and made her way to the place.

At the same time, the f(x) members were discussing the message.

“What do you think Minho meant by this?” Luna asked the other members.

“I don’t know. Unni has never been really mad before, right?” Amber asked rhetorically, just as Victoria entered the waiting room of Inkigayo.

Her face looked as if she had just broken up; she looked mad, that’s for sure.

“Unni?” Krystal asked softly, obviously a little afraid.

“What?” Victoria turned to face the maknae. She just shook her head and hid behind Sulli.

“Let’s change and rehearse arasso? We’re done already, so it’s just you left, unni,” Sulli said.

“But Sulli, you should go remember your lines,” Amber reminded.

“Oh yeah. Unni, you go change and I’ll rehearse my lines then,” Sulli said and took her script out.

Victoria moved mechanically, as if she was lifeless, and grabbed the clothes from their costume coordinator. She then went into a changing room and changed her clothes.

When Victoria came out, Sulli already managed to remember the first few lines of the script, so the f(x) members were ready to rehearse.

After they danced ‘Pinocchio’ for a few times, they took a break and went to rest as the makeup artists touched up on their makeup.

“Well, I’m going to mc first. Then we’ll be next, ok?” Sulli asked. All of them except Victoria nodded.

When Sulli returned, Victoria was nowhere to be found. “We’re up next, so where the heck is unni?” Sulli asked, frustrated by their leader’s behavior.

“I’m here,” Victoria said, seemingly brighter and less gloomy.

“Right… let’s go,” Krystal said and they went up onto stage.

All of them had the same thoughts though.

*What the heck is wrong with unni today?*

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“We’re back!” Onew and JongKey exclaimed. “Wait, B2ST is here too?”

“Yep. After you guys left, Minho hyung and noona disappeared too. So B2ST hyungs had to bring me back. Gikwang hyung is at Inkigayo though,” Taemin informed them.

Onew swore under his breath. *Dammit!*

Key looked at Onew who was obviously pissed off, and dragged the leader into the room.

“What’s wrong?” Key asked worriedly.

“I think that Minho brought noona to stalk us. She knows,” Onew swore again.

Key’s eyes widened. “What the… so now what do we do? When do you plan to propose, anyway?” Key asked curiously. He was afraid for his ‘son’, yes, but he was still curious.

“Valentines’…” Onew sighed sadly.

“Isn’t that like, two weeks from now?” Key asked. Onew nodded. “Then make sure noona doesn’t know when you plan to propose!” Key exclaimed.

“But she’ll follow me even more closely. I know it,” Onew rubbed his temples.

“Just forget about all this for today. Come on; let’s go join the others,” Key said and pulled Onew out of their bedroom. “Who wants food?”

“ME!” Taemin, Hyunseung and Yoseob shouted. Key nodded and dragged a pouting Jonghyun into the kitchen with him to prepare ramen.

After a while of playing random games, JongKey came out with five big bowls of ramen, giving them out to the couples. Dongwoon got his own bowl and Minho wasn’t back yet.

They ate and chatted about their plans for the next week, cracking jokes every now and then. They stopped suddenly when Minho returned to the dorm.

“Hyungs, Taemin, B2ST, hi?” Minho greeted, still jittery from Victoria’s behavior.

“Minho, want to eat lunch?” Key asked, as a mother would. Minho smiled and shook his head.

“I met Changmin hyung just now and we ate before coming back together,” Minho said. That wasn’t a complete lie. He did eat before returning.

“Ok. We’re going to the park. You coming with us?” Onew asked. Minho shook his head.

“Nah. And hyung, I’m sorry about your face,” Minho apologised. He had more to apologise for.

“It’s alright. I don’t even feel the pain anymore. Not much, anyway,” Onew reassured.

“I’ll be reading if you need me. Have fun!” Minho exclaimed and went into the bedroom.

“Bye then! We’ll be back in time for dinner. You know how to reach us,” Jonghyun said and left the dorm. The others followed behind him and said goodbye to Minho.

“What are we doing here? To avoid Minho or…?” Junhyung asked.

“I just wanted to get some fresh air, that’s all. It’s been so long since we’ve been to the park,” Onew said and stretched his arms. They went to sit at a table and continued chatting about their plans.

“So when does uncle think Taemin can dance again?” Hyunseung asked.

“Around another four months or so,” Taemin answered, sighing afterwards.

“It’s fine. At least you still can dance. I used to have a friend, he was a trainee. He broke his leg one day, I don’t remember how. After that, the doctor told him that he could never dance again,” Doojoon told Taemin who widened his eyes.

“Sad life he has… I just hope that I won’t become too horrible in dancing,” Taemin muttered.

“You won’t. You’re better than most people, I’d say. Don’t be so depressed. Let’s go take a walk or something,” Dongwoon suggested.

“Ne!” Taemin agreed and got up. Onew got up as well and followed the two. The others just stayed behind and enjoyed the scenery.

“Dongwoon hyung, WAIT UP!” Taemin shouted.

“Whoa, it’s been so long since someone called me ‘hyung’…” Dongwoon said in surprise.

“I’m born in 1993, remember?” Taemin said. Dongwoon smiled and nodded.

“Why are you people so fast? Even an injured person is faster than me…” Onew huffed as he reached the other two. He pouted slightly as he panted from running.

“Hyung, you’re just fat. Admit it,” Taemin joked.

“Yah…” Onew whined, standing up straight. “I do exercise regularly.”

“Like when? Once every three months? Hyung, that’s regular, BUT it’s way too long apart. Seriously…” Taemin sighed and continued walking, overtaking Dongwoon.

“Taemin! Yah, wait!” Dongwoon shouted and walked faster. Onew sighed and did the same.

“How about me? Aish,” Onew said and caught up with the other two. They went to a bench and sat down, looking at the ducks in the pond.

“I envy those animals,” Taemin said randomly. Onew and Dongwoon turned to face him, raising a brow in question. Taemin chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Dongwoon asked, confused.

“It’s like they have such an easy life. We humans have to slog to earn money for food and necessities. What about them? All they do is find fish to eat. It’s free, not much work required. Why do humans have to suffer so much?” Taemin blabbered.

“We’re just meant to be like that. Chill, Tae. Do you want to do anything?” Onew asked. Taemin shook his head and smiled slightly.

“I just want to forget about everything that’s happened. I just want to forget the fact that Minho hyung loves me, Victoria noona loves you, and that we can’t be together. Not yet,” Taemin sighed and closed his eyes, resting his head on Onew’s shoulder.

*Aww, that’s so sweet. I’ll let them have their private time then!* Dongwoon thought and snuck away. Onew didn’t realise anything; he just pecked Taemin’s crown and rested his head on the maknae’s. Both of them drifted into dreamland, waking up only a few hours later.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Where have you guys been? We’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Key exclaimed in exasperation. OnTae had just returned to the dorm, whereas the rest had returned two hours ago.

“Sorry, Key umma. We fell asleep on the park bench. And hi Eve,” Taemin greeted the dog and picked her up from the floor.

Eve barked at Taemin and wagged her tail playfully. Taemin cuddled the dog before he put her back down onto the floor and looked at Key.

“Fell asleep? Right, hyung did too?” Key scoffed. OnTae looked at each other, feeling indignant, and nodded in reply to Key’s question.

“We did! Key, you’re being an ,” Onew rolled his eyes. Taemin nodded in agreement.

“Whatever. I’m done with dinner. Go and heat it up yourselves. Then we’ll head to practice, and after that, our Japanese lesson, arasso?” Key asked. OnTae nodded and headed into the kitchen.

*Gullible much?* Key hid a smile and went into the room.

Outside, OnTae were waiting patiently for their dinner to heat up.

“Eh? I just noticed that the B2ST hyungs are gone already,” Taemin thought aloud.

“True that,” Onew agreed and turned to face the microwave.

“Hyung?” Taemin called. Onew turned around and raised a brow.

“Yeah? Is something wrong?” Onew asked worriedly. Taemin shook his head.

“Nothing. I was bored,” Taemin said and grinned. Onew whacked the back of Taemin’s head lightly, not wanting to injure the maknae any further.

“Babo!” Onew said and stuck his tongue out, causing Taemin to pout.

“Hmph! I’ll complain to Key umma!” Taemin huffed and tried to get off the chair, but Onew was faster than the younger male.

“Oh no you don’t,” Onew warned and started to tickle Taemin’s sides, making Taemin squirm.

“Hyung, stop it! It tickles! Yah! Sto-” Taemin paused and screamed in pain. From all the squirming, his leg had hit the side of the kitchen counter.

“What happened?” Key asked, walking out of the room. He took one look at Taemin and ran to the phone to call an ambulance.

Jonghyun and Minho followed Key, shocked by the sight of Taemin crying in pain.

*Not again… how many times must I do this to Taeminnie?!* Onew shouted at himself internally, carrying the sobbing boy to the couch.

“Hyung, it hurts…” Taemin whimpered in pain. Onew shushed Taemin and put the younger male’s head on his lap, the blonde hair.

“Shh… it’s my mistake again. I’m sorry, Tae,” Onew apologised. Minho looked at the couple, wanting to break them apart when he remembered what he did this afternoon.

*Should I tell noona?* Minho thought, debating with himself. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Jonghyun snapped his phone shut.

“Key, I texted noona already. She’ll meet us at the hospital,” Jonghyun informed his lover.

“The ambulance will come in a few minutes. Get Taeminnie downstairs first,” Key instructed. Onew nodded and did as told, carefully carrying Taemin to the lift.

By the time Onew got downstairs, he could hear the ambulance sirens. He ignored the stares of passersby and got into the ambulance hastily. The ambulance then sped off to the hospital.

“We’re taking manager hyung’s car. Come on!” Key shouted and ran out to the lift. Minho and Jonghyun ran out and shut the door of the dorm, rushing to meet their manager downstairs.

“What took you so long? Get in,” Gyeongshik said and went to the driver’s seat. Once the three SHINee members were seated, they drove to the hospital.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“How’s Taemin?” Victoria asked, trying to act concerned. Onew shook his head and stared blankly at the ground, tears threatening to fall.

“He’s been in there for half an hour already. It’s the second time he hit his injury, so who knows what could happen,” Jonghyun told her. Key, Minho and Onew’s heads shot up; what would be Victoria’s reaction? They didn’t want to know.

“Oh, arasso. How long do you intend to stay? Till tomorrow? Cause I heard that you have Japanese lessons for your upcoming debut,” Victoria reminded them calmly.

*What the heck?* Key, Minho and Onew thought in disbelief.

Onew cleared his throat. “Oh yeah! Gyeongshik hyung, can you stay here? We’ll just take a cab, arasso?” Onew asked their manager who shook his head.

“I’ll call Choi Jin. He shouldn’t be asleep yet. He’ll come and handle everything while I bring you guys to your lesson. Go to the car,” Gyeongshik said and chased the four out of the hospital before making a call to manager Choi Jin.

After the arrangements for the night were made, Gyeongshik drove the SHINee boys to their lesson, Jonghyun still clueless about Victoria’s change in behavior.

Back in the hospital, Victoria headed to a chair and sat down. “They’re gone. Finally. Now, time to call some people…” Victoria smirked to herself.

She opened her contacts and scrolled through them, stopping at a particular name:

Dark Sins

Pressing the ‘call’ button, Victoria smiled. “This ought to be fun…”

 

 

 

 

finally updated^^ writer's block .... and when hols are here, i don't feel like writing even more! anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter~ :) i think the ring thingy was weird but... oh well XD comments are loved!!! thanks for reading and look forward to the next chapter~~~ :D

@OnTaeSupporter : hehe thanks for being a loyal commenter!!! saranghae~~ ♥