Regret

Just to let you know, I love you...

(The next day)

Practicing their new hit song, Onew sighed and stopped, turning off the music. *Why am I working so hard? We can’t perform our comeback stage without Tae anyway. So now what do I do?* Onew thought, looking around the room for anything that might catch his interest. Suddenly, as if answering his question, Victoria burst into the room, a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Onew-ah, want to go to the amusement park? Or watch a movie?” Victoria asked cheerfully, bouncing up and down.

*Is she high on sugar? What the hell? Hmm… Let’s see if she remembers my fear of horror movies. Wait. Does she even know about it?* Onew thought, but grinning to himself at his well-devised plan. “Let’s head to the movies! I haven’t gone in a long time!” Onew suggested happily.

“Alright! Since all the movies now are still horror movies, how about… Let’s watch the scariest one then!” Victoria exclaimed, making up her mind.

*Oh. My. Gosh. She does not know of my fear of horror movies. Why did I say movies? WHY?!* Onew screamed at himself in terror, getting the urge to bang his head in a wall. “Noona, I have to shower first…” Onew said, sounding a little bored, gesturing at his sweaty self.

“Oh! I forgot. Mianhae. I’ll wait for you at the theatre then? See you in an hour!” Victoria said happily, waving to Onew as she skipped off.

“Wait! Noona!” Onew shouted.

“Ne?” Victoria asked, walking back to the practice room.

“What are you going to do for the next hour?” Onew asked, a confused expression glued to his face.

*Aigo! I want to pinch him right now!* Victoria thought happily. “I’ll buy the ticket, go shopping, and meet you for lunch. Then we’ll watch the movie, and we can go back to our dorms after that. I’ll see you then!” Victoria exclaimed, skipping off again.

*I will never understand women. What’s so fun about shopping anyway?* Onew thought to himself, before going back to the dorm.

Reaching the dorm, he found a hoodie and jeans, walking into the shower. Turning on the warm water, he let his stiff muscles relax. Only then did he let the tears flow. *Why am I crying? Aish… But, I miss Taeminnie so much… I never should have left him, even under the persuasion of the sunbaes. If I knew this would happen, I would never have listened to Yesung hyung, telling me to let go. On Christmas eve, Tae remembered my fear of horror films when even I forgot about it… Noona says she loves me, but hurting me isn’t the right way to do it. And she doesn’t know anything about me AT ALL! What right does she have to threaten me, tell me that she loves me?! AISH! Oh, right, Taeminnie’s getting discharged next Friday… Should I go? But if noona comes, it’ll break Tae’s heart… But then again, seeing him is better than nothing, right? And I guess he’ll want me to go too… I guess I’ll just go then* Onew said, internally debating with himself before finally deciding to go. By then, he had finished his shower and had gone to fix his hair. Looking at the clock, he realised that he still had half an hour, so he just took his time.

When he was done, he took the lift to the ground floor, getting into a cab to go to the mall.

Reaching the mall, Onew looked outside and sighed, pulling up his hood before paying the driver and getting out. Face-palming himself, he walked into the mall. *Still can’t believe that I ever agreed to this. Why did I agree? Like seriously? Oh well, I don’t really want to look like a girl in front of noona. Hate her or not, I have my pride as a man!* Onew announced to himself, smiling brightly before going to the top floor to find Victoria.

 

{From: Onew ♥ Chicken

Noona! I’m here~

To: Victoria noona}

 

Victoria, feeling her phone vibrate, took it out and smiled to herself. She walked to the cinema to meet Onew. “Jinki!” Victoria smiled, waving to him. She kissed him lightly on the cheek, chuckling at his blushing face.

“Noona, don’t say my name like that. Although you didn’t say ‘Onew’, people are already staring… And why aren’t you wearing a disguise?!” Onew asked quietly, frowning as he saw her clothes. She was wearing a sleeveless top and mini shorts, showing off her long legs. He also saw her shopping, and nearly jumped. “Noona, did you really have to buy that many things?” Onew asked. *This is almost as bad as Key, and she’s only been here for an hour! What’s wrong with women?* Onew thought, giving up on understanding the way a woman (including Key and Heechul) thought, especially about shopping.

Just then, a young girl, probably in her late teens, came up to the two of them, holding a camera while smiling. In this matter, Onew and Victoria though very differently.

*Oh, crap, we’re going to be made public, aren’t we?*

*Finally! The world is going to admit that OnToria is REAL! Muahahaha! Wait, what the hell? Weird evil laugh much? Oh well*

“Excuse me, but are you… Onew from SHINee and Victoria from f(x)?” She  asked, holding out her hand. The two of them just nodded, smiling lightly at her before shaking her hand. “Annyeong! I am a HUGE fan of OnToria! I’m Cindy, I’m here on a vacation. I was hoping if you would take a picture with me? And could you give me an autograph?” she asked, giving them the expression that said ‘If you say no, you’re dead’. Sighing, Onew nodded reluctantly, leaving Victoria to gape at him in shock. They took the photo, each showing a ‘Peace!’ sign. Then, they signed her an autograph, before finally aving her goodbye as she squealed in delight. “Bye! Hope you stay happy together!” she shouted, gathering back with her tour group.

*That fan was so damned thick-skinned…* Onew thought, cursing himself under his breath for saying yes to her. He then realised that he just announced that OnToria was real. Face-palming himself, he turned to Victoria, who was still smiling like a mad woman.

“Yah. Did you just announce that we were real? I mean, you didn’t say it, but you actions were enough to tell,” Victoria said, still feeling lightheaded.

“Ne, noona. Let’s go for lunch. I’m starving. And I think, that there are other fans ready to throw themselves at us. Anyway, I need my chicken. NOW.” Onew said seriously, purposely emphasizing the last word. *Well, I guess I’ll just stuff myself with chicken. It’s the best way to get rid of frustration!* Onew exclaimed mentally, grinning just at the thought of chicken.

“Arasso. And that fan was so rude! She didn’t even thank us!” Victoria exclaimed in frustration.

*Great. Now we even think alike. That’s wonderful. Just wonderful.* Onew thought sarcastically. “Ne. Let’s go already!” Onew said, pouting.

“Aish, fine. I know about this great chicken shop nearby!” Victoria exclaimed, dragging Onew with her. *Why does my heart beat faster when I’m with him? This didn’t happen in the past…* Victoria thought, confused.

Going into the shop, they went to an empty booth in the corner. Onew ordered first, and Victoria stared at him as he ordered every type of chicken they sold. Then she just ordered a bowl of ginseng chicken, and the waitress left to place their order. “Are you sure you can finish all THAT?” Victoria asked suspiciously, remembering not to use him name out loud.

“Well, of course. It’s CHICKEN, noona. How am I ever going to waste CHICKEN?” Onew said, rolling his eyes at her as if it was obvious, visibly shuddering at the thought of ever wasting chicken.

“Alright… Your choice…” Victoria said, trailing off as she stared in horror at Onew’s eight bowls of chicken. Taking her own bowl, she just started eating.

After half an hour of eating in silence, Victoria looked up, having finished her bowl of ginseng chicken. However, she did not expect to see eight empty bowls in front of her, and a very full Onew. Her jaw dropped, eyes widening at the sight of so many empty bowls. *IMPOSSIBLE. How could he have taken half an hour to finish so many bowls of chicken?!* Victoria thought, still gaping.

“Noona? Are you alright?” Onew asked, sincerely worried about Victoria as he saw her stunned expression.

“Just that… you ate so much chicken as compared to me,” Victoria explained. “So quickly too,” she added.

“Arasso. But why are you pale? Freaked out?” Onew asked, suppressing a laugh. When he saw her nod, he couldn’t hold it in anymore and just started laughing like a hyena.

“Yah! What’s so funny?” Victoria asked, staring at Onew fiercely.

“It’s. Just. That. I. Can. Usually. Eat. Three times. Of this! HAHAHAHA!” Onew told her between laughs, exploding at the end.

“Funny. You remind me of Eunhyuk in episode 5 of ‘Exploration of the Human Body’. Weird, huh?” Victoria said, still expressionless. However, that was not what she thought. *WHAT?! He can eat ewufhndwb times of THAT?!* Victoria thought, unable to think clearly.

Drying his tears from laughing, Onew stood up, going to pay for their meal while still chuckling a little. Victoria followed behind him, unable to speak due to shock.

Arriving at the cinema, Victoria checked the time and realised that they could go in. Pulling a reluctant Onew in, they went to their seats.

*I’m not scared. I’m not scared. I’m not scar- UMMA!* Onew thought as the movie started. Throughout the entire movie, Onew kept his eyes open, refusing to scream. Victoria clung onto his arm tightly, which only made him more afraid. After the first half of the movie, Onew was starting to tear due to pain and fear. *Where’s umma when I need her?! Umma… Save me…* Onew thought pathetically. He raised a hand to wipe the tears away, continuing to watch the movie despite his fear.

Finally, the movie ended, and the two of them shuffled out of the theatre. “That was scary, wasn’t it?” Victoria asked. Onew just nodded at her, too shaken up to answer verbally.

When they were out, Victoria spotted a photo booth, pointing to it and squealing like a crazed fangirl. “Let’s go there! I really want a photo to remember this day! Please?” Victoria asked, pouting at Onew.

*Why not? Oh yeah, I hate her. But wait, why do I see people taking photos? ! THEY RECOGNISE US! This will be all over the news by tomorrow. Isn’t that great?* Onew thought sarcastically. He nodded, rushing into the booth with Victoria.

Together, they took six photos: smiling, hugging, Victoria kissing Onew, laughing while holding their stomachs, Onew resting his chin on Victoria’s shoulder while back hugging her, and a simple peace sign. Twelve photos were printed, one of each photo for each of them.

*This was much more fun when I went out with Taeminnie… The photos were way more intimate. And cute. Huh. I seem so fake in all these photos…* Onew thought, going through the pictures. He looked over at Victoria, who was grinning and blushing at the pictures. Sighing, he pulled her out, only to be surrounded by cameras. Ignoring the questions, he pulled her through the crowd, running all the way down to the ground floor. Running out, they got into a taxi and went back to the SM building.

‘Gwaenchana?’ Onew mouthed to her, still a little freaked out by the movie to speak. He looked worried, but not for Victoria. *Tae is going to be so sad when he sees this… How do I put it? SCANDAL! Right! It’s just fake, right?* Onew thought to himself doubtfully.

“Ne. Kamsa hamnida, for getting us out of that mess. I really owe you,” Victoria said thankfully, smiling as Onew shook his head.

*t’s now or never. I have to ask if I can go visit Taeminnie next Friday. I have to open my mouth! Aish!* Onew thought, frustrated. “Noona,” Onew started, his voice coming out in a squeak. “Taemin’s getting discharged next Friday, so I was wondering if I could help him. As a leader, I should be there. And can you not come?” Onew asked, pleading with her.

*Aish, another day off? And I’m not wanted there, either… I guess I did say that I owe him…* Victoria thought, nodding hesitantly. Instantly, a bright smile appeared on Onew’s face.

“Noona! Kamsa hamnida! I’ll see you tomorrow then!” Onew exclaimed, unable to contain his happiness any longer. Seeing that they had reached their destination, Onew got out of the taxi after paying, waiting for Victoria. Then, they took the lift together, returning to their respective dorms.

*I really regret going out today… Stupid movie!* Onew thought, reprimanding himself as he opened the door to find that the dorm was empty. “They’re at the hospital with Tae again…” Onew stated, matter-of-factly. Going into the room, he jumped onto his bed, letting the tears fall again. “I miss you so much… Why did this happen to us? Why us?!” Onew screamed into the pillow. Turning, he saw a picture of him kissing Taemin, as the said boy turned red. Flipping it over, he continued crying. *What do I do now?* he thought, before finally crying himself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for taking so long to update >.< Been quite busy with school work... Hopefully I'll update by next week:) and remember, comments are loved:D