The climb

Just to let you know, I love you...

(A day later)

Onew had returned to SHINee’s dorm to stay for the night, waking up at 6.30am to prepare for the mountain climb. In January, the winds were still quite strong, and it felt as if it were in between autumn and winter.

He picked out a jacket and jeans, making sure to bring a hoodie as well. Then he went to brush his teeth and made sandwiches for himself. Weirdly enough, Onew put pieces of chicken in the sandwich, and he started eating his ‘delicious’ meal.

His phone rang, and he attempted to swallow before picking up the call.

“Yeoboseyo?” Onew asked, with his voice muffled due to the chewing of food. He did ATTEMPT to swallow, but apparently it failed horribly.

“Onew, it’s Victoria noona here. I’m just reminding you to be ready by 8am. It’s already 7.15am now. See you soon!” Victoria exclaimed, ending the call without waiting for Onew’s reply.

“Ok…” Onew said to no one in particular, deciding to drink some water to help swallow the sandwich. “Maybe I shouldn’t have put chicken… it’s way too dry…” Onew complained, searching the fridge for milk instead.

When he finally found the carton, he just opened the cap and gulped the milk down, sighing in relief when he managed to swallow the sandwich. The cycle pretty much continued till he was finished with the sandwich, and the milk was finished, too.

Walking back into the bedroom, Onew put on some light makeup to cover his dark eye rings, and fixed his hair before changing into the clothes that he had laid out earlier.

By the time he was done with everything, it was 7.45am, and he just watched TV for the last fifteen minutes. When the clock struck 8am, Onew heard someone knocking on the door.

*Over impatient much? Jeongmal…* Onew thought, plastering a smile onto his face before opening the door. “Hi noona! Let’s go!” Onew exclaimed enthusiastically.

“Arasso. And about Taemin… what happened? Why’s he in the hospital?” Victoria asked worriedly on the way to the SM building’s lobby, frowning when Onew didn’t answer. “Yah!”

“Huh? Oh, um… he knocked the injured part of his leg against the table edge and… the wound reopened and his bone cracked… A hairline crack, but painful nonetheless,” Onew told Victoria, wincing at the last part.

“Ouch… I really regret hurting him, Onew. I didn’t know it would cause everyone so much pain and suffering… mianhae,” Victoria apologised, getting into the cab.

“It’s too late now, but I’m sure Taemin would appreciate it. But now we have another problem…” Onew mumbled the last sentence.

“Minho?” Victoria guessed. Onew’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape, shocked at Victoria’s sudden knowledge of their current situation.

“How’d you… how’d you know?” Onew asked in confusion.

“Want to know how I knew you were cheating on me? Minho called me. He sounded like he wanted me to kill you or something. He even told me ‘Taemin’s innocent. It’s Onew hyung who betrayed you. If there’s anyone you should take revenge on, it’s Onew hyung’ in a hard tone. He seems to hate you a lot…” Victoria told Onew, concerned for his safety.

“That kid… dammit! How could he use you to injure me?! His guts are just incorrigible!” Onew exclaimed in fury, not understanding how anyone could be so heinous.

“Chill, I won’t harm you or Taemin, unless you really do something that crosses the line. A lot. Otherwise, you’re safe,” Victoria said with a smile.

“Kamsa hamnida, noona. It really helps to hear you say that,” Onew said with gratitude, thankful that the elder already gave up on breaking the couple up.

“I finally realised that when you love someone, you’ll do anything to make them happy. Minho doesn’t seem to have grasped that concept yet, though,” Victoria sighed.

“Yeah. We’re discussing a plan later. If you’re really going to help us, then join in! I’m sure we could form some kind of truce,” Onew suggested.

“Erm… I would love to, but my conditions would be that you don’t propose to Taemin, ever…” Victoria said in a small voice, knowing that it was too much to ask.

“NO FREAKING WAY!” Onew shouted in disbelief. “I mean, I’ll do it someday…”

“But don’t let me find out or you’re dead,” Victoria warned. “On second thought, Taemin will be dead if I find out.”

Onew gulped, knowing that Victoria wasn’t one to go back on her word for something like this. “N-ne…” Onew replied nervously. *I’m still going to propose to Tae on Valentines’ Day…* Onew thought, not wanting to ruin the plan that he had thought of since last year.

“Well, I just hope that Minho is going to stay out of this. Aish…” Victoria said, feeling frustrated as well. “What if he finds out about your discussion? And speaking of which, I am going to it,” Victoria told Onew who nodded.

“If we all keep mum about it, he’ll never know. Be prepared for the sunbaes reprimanding you, blaming you, and whatnot when they see you at the discussion. They’ve always blamed you for making me and Taemin sad needlessly, so they’ll probably throw a fit if they know that you’re suddenly helping us,” Onew cautioned Victoria.

“I did do all that, so I’ll cope with them blaming me. But maybe they’ll find me an asset too. I know how it feels to want to get someone to be with me, even if he is attached. I can relate to Minho perfectly,” Victoria told Onew.

“Ne,” Onew replied, looking out of the window.

Throughout the rest of the ride, they talked about things like when OnTae got together, what they usually do, and Onew’s likes and dislikes. From the 30 minute talk, Victoria gained quite some knowledge of Onew and OnTae.

At last, they reach the cable car area of Seoraksan, and paid the driver before getting off.

“It’s 8.45am now. Let’s go buy tickets first, and then we’ll get some snacks to eat before climbing up. It’s not that far, but the view from the top is just… magnificent!” Victoria told Onew who nodded. The two of them went to the counter to buy the tickets and bought pancakes to eat.

“This tastes awesome!” Onew exclaimed, grinning as he kept eating the pancakes. Truth is, he bought chicken and stuffed it into the pancake without Victoria’s knowledge, so that explains why it’s tasty to him.

They finished their pancakes at exactly 9am, threw the packaging away, and got into the queue for the cable car. Since it was early, they didn’t have to wait for a second cable car. As the cable car went up, Onew admired the view of the river below them, and he saw the Buddha statue not too far away from the ticketing place.

It only took about five minutes for them to get to the mid-area of the mountain, and they got off the cable car to sit down and rest for a while. Onew saw how the cable car went back down to let more people come up, and he looked around him.

“Noona, so when do you want to start climbing?” Onew asked curiously, wanting to eat some more food before starting up the mountain. Sure, he had climbed mountains like this before, even taller ones, but he was lazy to do so today.

“Why? We can go now, if you want to. I was thinking that we rest and get a little more food first. There’s great chicken here, you know?” Victoria asked. At the mention of chicken, Onew perked up immediately and almost ran to the stall.

“Three fried chicken and two pancakes please,” Onew ordered, not caring about Victoria for now. Behind him, Victoria smiled at his childishness.

“A fried chicken and pancake please,” Victoria ordered, more than half of what Onew was eating. When she took her food, she went to sit beside Onew.

“Why’d you eat so little?” Onew asked, finding it weird that anyone could resist the temptation of food, especially chicken.

“I ate breakfast already, and I have to stay thin or my manager would kill me,” Victoria joked. “And you? Didn’t you eat already? I heard something that sounded like chewing when I talked to you on the phone earlier in the morning.”

“I did eat, but I don’t care! All I have to do is work out more, which is quite sad, and eat healthier next time, which is quite impossible. Hmm…” Onew thought aloud, not wanting to diet or exercise. “Who cares? Dancing helps anyway~” Onew sang, going back to eating.

After ten minutes, the two of them were finished, and they threw away the packaging before getting ready to climb. From somewhere, Onew heard five familiar voices, and he turned around to look at who it was. *They’re here too?* Onew wondered, recognizing who the five were.

“Yoona noona, Yuri noona, EunHae hyungs, Siwon hyung, HI!!!” Onew shouted, revealing their identities which caused some people to stare at them.

“Annyeong!” the five of them greeted, walking towards OnToria.

“What are you doing here?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Climbing? Duh…” Onew said incredulously.

“Oh. Right,” Eunhyuk said, scratching his head.

“So later, Victoria noona’s coming to discuss the plan with us,” Onew announced, shocking all the sunbaes.

“Her?! Are you serious?” Yoona asked, unable to believe her ears.

“Yep. She knows all about OnTae still being together. She said that Minho told her, and even asked her to take revenge on me instead of Taeminnie, cause he’s innocent and all. Bastard,” Onew said, remembering what happened yesterday.

“Onew, God wouldn’t want you to call people names, ok?” Siwon asked, trying his best to ignore all the vulgarities.

“Yeah, but I’m not Christian, hyung,” Onew sighed at the taller male’s forgetfulness.

“Whatever. Just saying,” Siwon said, reading his bible as he didn’t want to be included in the conversation.

“But Minho… I always thought of him as the calm one. What happened?” Yuri asked with concern in her voice.

“I guess his love for Tae was too strong for him to handle. Yesterday was our… anniversary,” Onew said, looking warily at Victoria.

“It’s ok, I won’t hurt him. Go on,” Victoria told Onew, smiling in reassurance.

“Thanks. As I was saying, yesterday was our anniversary, and Minho STALKED us. I booked the hospital’s nicer garden for four hours, and he freaking wasted half an hour of that precious time. He even caused Taeminnie to get really pissed off, screaming at JongKey and Minho. I noticed that he called all of them by their names, but he called me ‘Onew hyung’. Seriously… we’ll tell you more about it later, cause this isn’t all,” Onew sighed, figuring that the story was too long to tell right now, and that he should leave it for the others to hear as well.

“Oh… I never knew,” Yuri sighed, not understanding how anything could go so wrong.

“Well, guess we’ll have to think of a plan of how to get Minho out of your way for a while. And then,” Donghae said, glaring at Victoria, “there’s the problem with Victoria noona.”

“Yah! I swore not to hurt Taemin unless Onew proposes to him and I find out about it,” Victoria told them, angry that their trust in her was so little. *But it was my fault for hurting Taemin like that in the first place…* Victoria thought regretfully.

“Let’s just stop arguing and climb, ok? We’ll discuss the plans later on. And Onew, how are you going to explain Victoria’s presence to the rest? Especially the DBSK and JYJ sunbaes?” Yoona asked in confusion.

“They’re there cause they have the most experience in relationships, especially when it comes to gays. That’s why I invited them in the first place. They don’t have much knowledge of OnTae or OnToria’s relationship. Anyway, I figured that since YunJae are kind of split up, I’d just invite both bands. And Changmin hyung would want to meet his umma again,” Onew explained, knowing that everyone knew about Jaejoong being DBSK’s umma, before and after they disbanded. “And for the others, just tell them of our truce.”

“Arasso. Let’s go now. We spent more than twenty minutes discussing this… Jeongmal…” Siwon sighed, closing his bible and looking at the others.

“Let’s go~” Eunhyuk sang, but his voice broke a little, causing everyone to laugh.

They went up the mountain together, climbing over stones and leaves. There was a particular area where there were steps, but leaves covered them all, and the seven idols tried their best not to step in between the steps. If they did, they might sprain their ankle, or fall.

While walking through the leaves, Yoona lost her footing, and fell as a result.

“Ouch… I think I scraped my elbow… and my ankle might be sprained a little,” Yoona whimpered to the others, holding her ankle and elbow. Siwon nodded and moved his bag so he could search for some first aid stuff. He managed to find antiseptic spray, bandages, plasters, and the spray for sprains, strains or muscle aches.

“Here,” Siwon said, passing the spray to Yoona while he cleaned her elbow, causing Yoona to wince. “Sorry,” Siwon apologised, putting the antiseptic spray down before putting a plaster there. “I think a plaster will work. It isn’t that big a scrape, but your ankle…” Siwon trailed of, looking at Yuri helping her band member spray her ankle.

“Thanks. I think I can walk, but climbing is just… horrendous. I’ll try though. Who knows when I can come back here?” Yoona asked herself, standing up and limping forward.

“Yah! Yoona, be careful!” Yuri shouted.

“No problem. I’ve gotten past the leafy part already,” Yoona told her, waiting for the others to slowly make their way there.

“Let’s go. If you need help, I guess Yuri or Siwon could support you,” Donghae said, smiling in encouragement.

“Yeah,” Yoona replied, walking up the stairs slowly.

They climbed up slowly, waiting for Yoona to catch up with them every now and then. When they found a rock suitable to rest on, they all sat down and looked around.

“Who’s been here before?” Eunhyuk suddenly asked.

Victoria raised her hand, and Donghae did too.

“I came here a few times with my family,” Victoria said.

“I came with my… dad, when I was younger,” Donghae told them sadly.

“Hae,” Eunhyuk said, wanting to comfort his lover, but not knowing how to. “Your dad must be proud of you for becoming a singer, you know,” Eunhyuk said nervously, not knowing whether it would cheer Donghae up.

“Yeah, but I just feel guilty for not spending more time with him…” Donghae sighed.

“Come on, all of us has lost a loved one before, and we will continue to, no matter what. The main point is that we have to buck up for them, ok?” Victoria ordered fiercely, causing the younger male to jump in shock before nodding reluctantly.

“Noona, you didn’t have to be that fierce…” Onew told her, looking at Donghae’s happier expression. “Although it did help…”

“Come on, let’s go. Stop wallowing in self-pity. Wherever your appa is, I’m sure he’s watching over you,” Victoria told Donghae gently.

“Ne. Noona, kamsa hamnida,” Donghae thanked his elder.

“No problem,” Victoria said with a smile. “Let’s go,” she said again. This time, the others nodded and stood up, making their way up.

“The wind is quite strong now,” Siwon said, walking steadily up the rocks while holding on to Yoona tightly, not wanting her to fall again.

When they were almost at the top, Siwon let Yuri hold Yoona, climbing up slowly as it was dangerous. One wrong move and they could fall into the valley below. He crouched down, holding onto a rock, helping the others up and telling them to squat down, too.

“It’s to help you to balance yourself,” Siwon explained.

“Yeah. My appa told me the same thing. He always said that your centre of gravity was weaker when you stood up or something,” Victoria told them.

“Then you’ll end up falling?” Eunhyuk asked. Victoria rolled her eyes, not able to believe the stupid question that her supposed sunbae asked.

“Duh…” Victoria answered lamely. “Look down. But make sure you hold onto a rock or something,” Victoria warned, not wanting anyone to fall by accident.

“It’s beautiful! Holy , it’s awesome! Where’s the camera?” Eunhyuk asked excitedly, trying not to bounce on the spot. Donghae sighed and took his out, letting his lover take pictures of the scenery below them. Onew looked down too, holding onto a rock tightly.

“Noona, you’re right. It’s looks beautiful! I think I have a camera…” Onew said, rummaging in his bag. As he pulled out his camera, his pen fell out as well. Luckily it was a cheap pen that he bought for himself. “Oops…” Onew said sheepishly as the pen went downwards, and the idols heard a loud crack, assuming that it was the plastic hitting the ground.

“Just be glad you didn’t fall,” Victoria told Onew who nodded in relief. He took some pictures, making sure that his bag was strapped tightly to him, and zipped up; he didn’t need to lose anything else again.

Siwon was blanking out, remembering the time when he climbed a mountain with Kibum. This managed to sidetrack to a time when Kibum caught him ‘cheating’ with a woman from SM Entertainment, a trainee named Song Qian.

 

[Flashback]

It was a cold night, and Siwon was packing up in the dance room. Kibum was supposed to meet him ten minutes ago, but the younger make seemed to be late.

Suddenly, Siwon saw a figure coming into the room. As the lights were off, he couldn’t see the person’s long hair, and he went to hug the figure, thinking that it was his boyfriend.

“Kibummie, where were you?” Siwon asked worriedly. The latter didn’t reply, and Siwon felt that this person was too thin, and the person’s hair was long. “You… you’re not Kibum!” Siwon exclaimed in horror, not believing what he did. *God would never forgive me for doing this…* Siwon thought guiltily, pushing the person, who appeared to be a woman, away.

“Of course not. I’m Song Qian, a SM trainee. I like you, sunbae. But sadly, I’m older than you. No worries, I don’t mind having a relationship with someone younger than me,” the said woman said menacingly. Siwon swore that he could sense her grin, but stood rooted to the spot.

Suddenly, Song Qian kissed Siwon forcefully, ignoring the protests from the stronger male. Then, the lights flicked on, and Siwon heard a gasp. He turned around, pushing Song Qian away. Realization struck Siwon as he realised who had come in. Kibum.

“Bum... Bummie, I- ” Siwon was cut off as Kibum walked up to Song Qian and slapped her across the cheek. “Kibum! God wouldn’t want us to harm others, no matter what sin they committed,” Siwon told Kibum harshly.

“So I’m supposed to forgive and forget? I know you won’t cheat on me, Siwon hyung. God forbids infidelity, doesn’t he? But I just can’t stand by and watch as my boyfriend gets seduced by a mere trainee, who’s a woman!” Kibum hissed.

“I’m sure she realizes her mistake. Go already, Song Qian noona. Unless you want Kibum to kill you…” Siwon warned the woman, caring for her safety regardless of what she did.

Song Qian nodded, running out of the room as she held onto her stinging cheek. Once she was outside, she smiled evilly. *I’ve already caused HanChul to fight, barely half a year ago, and now SiBum. This is better than I thought. Maybe I’ll screw KangTeuk next! Yeah, that’s right…* Song Qian thought, walking back to her dorm to sleep for the night.

Her ultimate plan? To get rid of Kibum, Hankyung and Kangin. She was sure it wouldn’t be easy, but it would cause a rift between them. Even she had no idea why she chose those three people, out of the seven gay couples in SuJu.  But her motive? She just gained satisfaction from seeing others suffer. Yeah, she was a sadistic person alright. Until she met someone, the only one who really made her heart beat faster.

Back inside the room, Kibum was screaming at Siwon. “Hyung! I know you respect God a lot, but how could you?! She… she kissed you, for God’s sake!”  Kibum screeched.

“But God wouldn’t want people to bear grudges, Kibum,” Siwon said, trying to calm the younger male. This seemed to have the opposite effect though, as Kibum seethed even more and balled his hands up into fists, holding his anger in.

“You’re defending her? How could you?! All you care about is God. Don’t you ever spare a thought for MY feelings? Huh?” Kibum demanded, really pissed off.

“I do, but God is more important. He is the greatest being of all, and He has to be given due respect,” Siwon explained. Sure, Kibum seemed to smile a little. Then he walked up to Siwon and slapped his boyfriend, even harder than when he slapped Song Qian.

“I HATE YOU!” Kibum screamed while running back to SuJu’s dorm, wanting to seek comfort from the other members, especially their Leeteuk umma.

“Kibum… I didn’t mean to…” Siwon apologised, but it was too late. He just realized the grave mistake he had made, and prayed hard that he would be forgiven.

When he went back to the dorm, he heard someone crying, and many voices talking to the crying boy soothingly. Siwon heard his name being mentioned many times, but he decided not to interfere. The door suddenly swung open, and Ryeowook jumped in shock.

“Si… Siwon hyung…” Ryeowook said softly, closing the door immediately.

“How’s Bummie?” Siwon asked worriedly. Ryeowook sighed, not understanding how his hyung could be such an idiot.

“You think? He’s been crying his eyes out for the past ten minutes, not even being able to explain the situation to us properly. How do you THINK he is?” Ryeowook scowled at the elder male.

“I didn’t know that it would cause him so much pain… I saw his eyes, they were so puffy and red.  You think he’ll forgive me anytime soon?” Siwon asked. Ryeowook scoffed, not caring if he was being rude right now. Kibum was one of his only dongsaengs in SuJu, and he mattered to Ryeowook a lot.

“You think? You broke his heart by standing up for Song Qian, for heaven’s sake! Of all people, why her? Don’t you remember what happened to HanChul?! It was the same woman, hyung. Obviously she’s trying to break you up, and you stupidly fell for her trick. If I were you, I’d go on my knees and apologize to Kibummie. I don’t care if it’s embarrassing. The point is that your boyfriend is hurting badly, and it’s all your fault, hyung,” Ryeowook stated bluntly, walking back into the room to continue comforting a crying Kibum.

Siwon heard Kibum saying something like “Why would he defend her? She’s such an evil , and all he knows how to do is ‘believe in God’. It’s like he doesn’t even care about my feelings!”, and then came the crying and wailing.

Siwon’s heart felt like it was being ripped into pieces, but he kept his cool and walked into the room. “Kibum…” Siwon wasn’t even able to get a sentence out before a cushion was thrown at him.

“Get out, or I’m going to throw the lamp next,” Kibum warned, glaring at Siwon icily. When Siwon didn’t budge, he really grabbed the lamp, but he didn’t have the heart to throw it at Siwon, even if the latter betrayed him, in some ways. “Just… let me have some time to cool down, please?” Kibum pleaded. Siwon understood how important this was, nodded, and walked out of the room.

“You really don’t want to forgive him? Hannie and I went through the same thing, about half a year ago. I really regret ignoring him, you know,” Heechul told the younger male.

“This is different! He defended her! I would believe him of he just said that she forced herself on him, but he just had to go defend her, didn’t he?” Kibum said sarcastically. He laughed to himself for a moment before breaking down into tears again, not wanting to think about anything for now. “Hyungs, I think I’ll just sleep now,” Kibum told them.

“Sleep with Teukie umma then,” Leeteuk suggested. Kibum smiled at him gratefully, going to lie down beside the leader and snuggling with him.

“Yah! Don’t need to get so intimate, right?” Kangin joked.

“Leave. Whoever doesn’t stay in this room. Now,” Leeteuk ordered. The members nodded and went back into their own room, including Kangin.

“Kibum, don’t worry. Everything’s alright now,” Leeteuk soothed the crying boy, patting his hair gently. Kibum nodded, crying himself to sleep.

*Siwon you babo! How could you be so stupid?* Leeteuk thought, deciding that Siwon really shouldn’t be forgiven for now as he drifted off to sleep with Kibum in his arms.

For the next few weeks, until almost two months had passed, Kibum ignored Siwon’s apologies, no matter how the taller male went about doing it.

It wasn’t until Siwon finally admitted that some people really shouldn’t be forgiven that Kibum started talking to Siwon again. Slowly but steadily, their relationship was built back again. But then, there were always the small cracks that you knew were on a broken piece of glass, no matter how well a person patched it up.

[End of flashback]

 

Siwon thought about how he felt when Kibum ignored him for a solid two months, not even making eye contact with him. *But why think about it now? It was three plus years ago, for God’s sake… But who is Song Qian? She did look a little like Victoria, but seriously?* Siwon thought, deciding that he would go look it up later. Frankly speaking, he didn’t really bother finding out about girl group members, even those from SM Entertainment.

“Hyung? HELLO???” Onew asked, debating on whether or not he should slap the elder male back to his senses. Thankfully, he didn’t need to as Siwon suddenly snapped out of his trance.

“What?” he asked in confusion, wondering why everyone was staring at him weirdly.

“You blanked out for ten minutes, and you even started saying things like ‘Bummie, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m sorry…’ and it really freaked us out, hyung. Are you thinking about that incident three and a half years ago?” Eunhyuk asked, concern evident in his tone.

“It’s nothing,” Siwon reassured them. He didn’t want to make false accusations before finding out the truth. Luckily, none of his band members had the tendency of finding out about girl groups, either. If they did, it would be those outside of their company. *If Heechul hyung or Teukie hyung knew about who Song Qian really was, I wonder what they’ll do to her…* Siwon thought, feeling worried for Victoria, even if she was the one behind all their problems.

“If there’s no problem, we’d better be going. Didn’t you guys have a curfew sort of thing?” Victoria asked, reminding the others of the time they needed to be back.

“Omo! Teukie hyung’s going to kill us if he knows that we’re late cause we were chatting and all! Or if we’re late at all! Let’s go!” Donghae exclaimed. The YoonYul couple, Siwon and Eunhyuk nodded at Donghae, all of them making their way down the mountain.

On the way down from the top, the wind was blowing their backs, causing the idols to practically run down the slope. When they reached the stairs, they were sighing in relief.

“I thought I was going to fall! Damn wind…” Donghae muttered, ignoring the glare from Siwon.

“Let’s get back down already. We took almost an hour getting up. Meaning that it’s about 10.30am right now…” Yoona said, feeling a little impatient but guilty at the same time.

“Remember whose fault it was that we’re so slow? Jinjja…” Victoria said in exasperation.

“Sorry, I know it’s my fault. Let’s go then,” Yoona said, not wanting to quarrel over this matter. On the way down, they had to walk through the leaves again. This time, they were much more careful, but being careful slowed them down by quite a lot.

By the time it was 11.15am, they finally made it to the cable car ticketing area, going into the souvenir shop to buy something that reminded them of their trip to Seoraksan.

“This key chain’s kind of cute,” Victoria said, holding up a key chain of a cushion with the words ‘Seoraksan’ in Korean written on it.

“Then buy it. I need to get some souvenirs for SHINee or they’re going to kill me,” Onew mumbled, looking around before deciding to buy a key chain too, just that this one had the words ‘haengbok’, or ‘happiness’ in Korean, printed on them.

The other idols just bought key chains too, but Siwon said that EunHae had gone to the toilet.

“Together? Seriously?” Onew asked incredulously, guessing what they were doing in the toilet. Especially since they were together. *They’re just like KyuMin… how predictable of my dear sunbaes…* Onew sighed, deciding to tell on them. “Wonder what Leeteuk hyung’s going to do to them,” Onew said to himself menacingly as he walked to Siwon. “Hyung,” Onew called.

“Ne?” Siwon asked, wondering why Onew would suddenly approach him.

“I have a feeling that EunHae are doing something naughty in the toilet. How long have they been gone?” Onew asked bluntly, knowing that his sunbaes could, and definitely would, get into trouble.

“About fifteen minutes. I’ll go find them,” Siwon said, walking towards the toilet.

“I’m coming with you,” Onew announced, following behind Siwon.

When they walked into the men’s toilet, no one was there. However, there were moans coming out of the handicap toilet. Siwon started knocking on the door.

“EunHae, are you in there? And what are you doing?” Siwon demanded.

“We’re… um, well…” Donghae tried to explain, but his voice was cut off by moans.

“You’re so in trouble, EunHae!” Siwon warned, taking his phone out.

 

{From: Captain Choi

Leeteuk hyung, EunHae are having in the HANDICAP toilet at Seoraksan! Your punishment would be? And please say something to make them stop, they moan really loudly… God won't forgive me for hearing this... :(

To: Teukie hyung}

 

Upon reading the message, Leeteuk sighed heavily.

“Heechul, should I give EunHae the same punishment as KyuMin?” Leeteuk asked.

Just then, Nari walked into the living room with Shindong, her arm linked with his. “What punishment?” she asked in confusion.

Heechul smirked, waiting for Shindong to explain this to his girlfriend. “Um, it’s for… the gay couples making out, or rather, having *ahem* *ahem* in public,” Shindong said.

“Oh. Weird...” Nari said, not knowing how else to respond.

“Anyway, Teukie, I think you should,” Heechul said. From their room, KyuMin shouted ‘Yeah!’, and then moans were heard. Again.

“What are they-” Nari wanted to ask, but she was stopped by Shindong.

“You don’t want to know. They’re having… I think you know what it is,” Shindong explained, causing his girlfriend to blush.

“Um, right…” Nari said, officially freaked out.

“We’re just going to the SM building’s canteen to get away from KYUMIN’S SKINSHIP! 72 hours isn’t officially up yet, Leeteuk hyung,” Shindong reminded the leader.

“Oh my god, you’re right! KYUMIN! GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!” Leeteuk screamed. When they didn’t answer him, Leeteuk went to get the keys for the door and opened it, just after Shindong brought Nari out and closed the door.

“Heechul, help me reply to Siwon. I have to deal with these babos!” Leeteuk screeched, going into the room to break the couple up. “No skinship for three days isn’t enough for you, huh? Then no skinship for another week. Break this rule, and it’s going to become a month, got it?” Leeteuk demanded. The couple let go of each other and nodded, feeling depressed.

Meanwhile, Heechul was helping Leeteuk to reply to Siwon.

 

{From: Angel Teuk

A week of no skinship. And just tell them to GET OUT OR IT’LL BE A MONTH OF NO SKINSHIP. I think that’s going to wake them up. I feel sorry for you, Siwon, but thanks for the information! Next time, I guess I’ll follow them personally :)

Love, Angel Teukie hyung XD

To: Siwon}

 

Heechul smiled and closed Leeteuk’s phone. *The only good ones are YeWook and ZhouRy. They’ve never been caught by Teukie, not even once! HanChul, SiBum and even KangTeuk don’t behave… Tsk tsk tsk… The innocent maknae and eternal maknae…* Heechul thought, feeling quite sad for Yesung and Zhoumi. Obviously their boyfriends are too innocent to notice their lust.

Anyway, at Seoraksan, Siwon was telling EunHae of their punishment. “Yah! Leeteuk hyung says no skinship for a week. If you don’t stop and get out now, it’s going to be one month. Your choice,” Siwon threatened. Onew chuckled silently, noticing that this was exactly what happened to KyuMin.

Slowly, the toilet door opened and EunHae emerged, looking like they just had . Considering they just did, anyway. “I couldn’t resist the… um… temptation,” Eunhyuk said in embarrassment.

“It was the same three days ago, with KyuMin. Then Heechul hyung told on them. Next time you want to do this, make sure no one follows you,” Onew suggested, smiling evilly.

“Leeteuk hyung said that he’ll follow you and KyuMin personally next time. Good luck to you guys,” Siwon informed the couple, causing them to groan in annoyance.

After complaining for quite some time, the four idols went to meet the other three.

“Yoona, your ankle’s swollen already,” Eunhyuk pointed out. She looked down and sighed, not knowing how she was going practice.

“Come on. It’s 12pm already! We need 45 minutes to get back by taxi, and five minutes to get down. The cable car’s here,” Victoria said, rushing all of them into it.

When they got down, they managed to hail two taxis, all seven people splitting up. YoonYul and EunHae were in one taxi while OnToria and Siwon were in the other one.

When they got back to SM’s building, they went back to the dorm. YoonYul, EunHae and Siwon managed to make it back by 12.55pm, and OnToria just went to their respective dorms, deciding to meet downstairs at 1pm.

When it was 1pm, OnToria took a cab, again, to the hospital. “Minho told me to meet him at 1.30pm… I think he wants to gang up with me,” Victoria told Onew.

“You’ll just go to Taemin’s ward at 2pm sharp then. It’s in the East Wing, level 3, room number 718,” Onew told Victoria who smiled and nodded.

“I won’t give in to Minho, I promise,” Victoria swore, not wanting to be used by such a cruel person.

“Arasso,” was the last sentence that was said. The rest of the trip was silent, and when they reached the hospital at 1.25pm, Victoria called Minho and asked him for his room number.

“Level 4, West Wing, room number 129,” Minho told Victoria, hanging up when he heard he say ‘ok’.

“I got to go, Onew. I’ll be at Taemin’s room by 2pm, if not earlier. Bye!” Victoria exclaimed, pecking Onew lightly on the cheek before dashing to the West Wing.

Onew himself went to Taemin’s room first, shocked to find that only Taemin was there. “Where are the others?”  Onew asked in confusion.

“Umma and manager hyung supposedly went to eat, JongKey went to shop for god knows what, and Minho hyung is obviously… yeah,” Taemin explained. He pointed to the extra flower in his vase, looking at it curiously. “When did this get here?” Taemin asked, his head tilting to the side cutely.

“Last night. It means mistake, which is something like ‘I’m sorry’ if you look at it from another angle. Guess it’s from Minho,” Onew told Taemin.

“This is the only way he could think of? He really couldn’t have come here to pass me the flower personally?” Taemin asked, unable to believe how insincere Minho was.

“I remember spraining his ankle and maybe breaking a few bones… maybe it was just a fracture or crack, but who knows?” Onew said, shrugging. Taemin nodded in agreement, having forgotten about Onew beating Minho up the day before.

“Right… guess I forgot about that,” Taemin said, shrugging. He looked at the green flower, staring oddly at the insect-like object on it. “What IS this flower?” Taemin asked.

“An Ophrys Fly. Why?” Onew replied.

“No wonder that thing is so… fly-like…” Taemin muttered, causing Onew to laugh.

Anyway, in Minho’s room, Victoria was looking at the younger male cautiously. “What do you want?” Victoria asked icily, glaring daggers at Minho.

“I was just wondering if you would gang up with me, to get revenge on Onew hyung. I mean, he cheated you, for crying out loud!” Minho exclaimed.

“Don’t you know that if you love someone, you should want them to be happy? Even if you’re out of the picture, Minho,” Victoria tried to persuade him.

“I talked to the DBSK hyungs yesterday, before my injuries worsened. They told me the same thing, and I was thinking that ‘Hey, I could give him a chance. But only if he stops ignoring me, of course.’ And as it turns out, Taemin did ignore me when I called him yesterday night. All I wanted to do was apologise, but he doesn’t even let me have that privilege!” Minho shouted.

“It still doesn’t give you the right to do all this to him. The poor kid’s suffering, Minho. I know you are too, but the point is that you should put Taemin’s interests way before your own,” Victoria told him gently, trying to prevent him from hurting anyone.

“If you’re not going to help me, fine. Go get your oh-so-beloved Onew here then. Or maybe not. Just get out,” Minho sighed, shooing the elder out of his room. *To think that I trusted her to be mad… Who knew that people could change so quickly?* Mino thought, frustrated. He drifted off to sleep, even though it was only in the afternoon, he felt extremely weary.

Victoria, on the other hand, was making her way to Taemin’s ward. It was 1.45pm. She had enough time, but it would have been better of Minho and Taemin’s rooms weren’t on the opposite sides of the hospital. After ten minutes of walking, Victoria stepped into Taemin’s room and smiled.

“Hi,” Victoria greeted. Taemin looked at her weirdly, waving back without saying anything.

“Noona, you’re here,” Onew said, waving at Victoria.

“Jinki, why’s this woman here?” Mrs. Lee asked, her head popping out from the toilet.

“She’s discussing something with us later. Mrs. Lee, are you going to discuss this too? And manager hyung?” Onew asked the manager who just came back into the room, holding a cup of coffee.

“I guess so. But why her?” Mrs. Lee asked, bearing a grudge against Victoria.

“She already promised not to hurt Tae as long as I continue going on our dates. Does it still have to be daily?” Onew asked randomly. Victoria nodded, causing Onew to sigh. “Yeah, continue on our daily dates and Taeminnie’s safe,” Onew told them.

JongKey suddenly burst into the room, grinning at the OnTae, Mrs. Lee and the manager. However, their smile turned into a frown when their gaze landed on Victoria.

“Why?” Key asked, knowing that they would understand.

“She’s going to discuss the plan with us. She already promised not to hurt Tae as long as I continue on our daily dates,” Onew explained. Victoria nodded in agreement, wanting them to trust her.

“Oh… erm… ok?” Jonghyun said, not quite understanding the situation.

Key, on the other hand, rolled his eyes and sighed, giving in. “Fine, fine. So long as she doesn’t hurt my Taeminnie, got it?” Key ordered fiercely. Victoria gulped and nodded, never knowing that the diva could be so scary when it came to Taemin.

“Alright. Anyway, the sunbaes are here. All of them.” Key stated, pointing at the window. All the SNSD, SuJu, DBSK, JYJ and f(x) members were there. Of course, SM was there too.

“Come in?” Jonghyun invited, opening the door of the ward.

“HI TAEMIN!” Sungmin screeched, causing everyone to cringe at the loud sound. Onew could already guess what his sunbae did before coming here.

“Blasting music again, huh hyung?” Onew asked cheekily. Sungmin pouted, refusing to answer the question. Kyuhyun sighed and answered for his boyfriend, nodding in reply.

“Well. That explains everything,” Onew muttered.

Meanwhile, Taemin was receiving a lot of ‘Get well soon!’ or ‘Wish you a speedy recovery’ and whatnot. He just smiled and thanked his sunbaes shyly, not understanding how they were able to stay so hyper, ALL OF THEM.

“Sunbaes, chill. This is a hospital! Quiet down,” Taemin instructed, feeling somewhat annoyed.

“Right… Sorry. Anyway, long time no see, YooSu hyungs and Jaejoong hyung!” Leeteuk greeted the three people who nodded, walking over to Yunho and Changmin.

“Umma! I missed you!” Changmin exclaimed childishly, hugging Jaejoong like he hasn’t seen the elder in years or something.

“I missed you too. And of course, YooSu misses the both of you,” Jaejoong said, smiling lightly at Yunho. The YooSu couple nodded furiously and hugged the maknae, then their Yunho appa.

“Ahem,” SM faked a cough, getting their attention.

“Mianhae, hyung,” Yunho apologised for his ‘family’. SM nodded, turning to the others.

“I believe everyone wants to know why we’re here today, right, Onew?” SM asked, letting Onew explain the full situation.

“We have a new problem. His name is Minho,” Onew said, causing some of the sunbaes to gasp in shock. “Yes, unbelievable, whatever. Yesterday was me and Taeminnie’s 1st year anniversary, and Minho pretty much ruined it. He walked to us, asked me what I was doing, than started screaming like a maniac…” Onew sighed, looking at Taemin to continue the story.

“Then I started screeching, screaming, shouting, whichever you like better, at JongKey and Minho hyung. I didn’t even call them ‘hyung’; I really was too pissed. Then Onew hyung fought with Minho hyung and he won, I guess,” Taemin said, making the sunbaes gape at Onew. “Then JongKey sent him to check-in to a ward, cause he was injured quite badly. I think that’s all,” Taemin finished.

“He looked for me yesterday, asked me and Yunho hyung for advice on what to do. Did he try to make you happier?” Changmin asked curiously.

“He wanted to apologise, but I didn’t let him, and he just sent this Ophrys Fly to me at night, when I was asleep,” Taemin told the sunbaes.

“What fly?” Sooyoung asked confusedly.

“Ophrys Fly. Onew hyung told me that it meant mistake,” Taemin told them.

“Oh…” the sunbaes said.

“But thing is, he didn’t really attempt to make Taemin happier. He told me that OnTae was still going out, and that I should take revenge on Onew instead of Taemin,” Victoria said.

“He WHAT?!” Yesung screeched, stunned by Minho’s actions.

“She’s not lying. She went to see him just now. And I assume that you said ‘no’ to ganging up against me, right?” Onew asked worriedly. Victoria smacked Onew’s head, causing the other to whimper lightly. “Ouch…” Onew complained.

“Obviously I said ‘no’ you babo!” Victoria exclaimed in exasperation.

“Anyway, he’s really that bad?” Ryeowook asked.

“Yeah, he is. Getting from bad to worse, too,” Onew sighed. JongKey nodded in agreement.

“Maybe he just needs something to distract him…” Seohyun mumbled, stopping when everyone started looking at her excitedly. “What?” she asked.

“You’re a freaking genius, Seohyun! That’s a great idea!” Sunny exclaimed. The others stared at her weirdly, not understanding how Sunny could be so strange.

“She’s right. It’s brilliant! If he has something to waste time on, then where does he find time to disrupt OnTae?” Sungmin agreed, grinning at the others.

“Why are you smiling? It’s not like you thought of the idea,” Hyoyeon said, wondering where Sungmin came from, or if he was even human.

“Yah! Kyu…” Sungmin whined, resisting the urge to poke his lover. He really doesn’t need a month without skinship from Kyuhyun.

“I’m just going to solve this issue first. But if Minho needs a distraction, he’s welcome to play Starcraft with me,” Kyuhyun suggested, avoiding contact with Sungmin as they walked out of the room. Leeteuk sighed, following the couple.

“Got to make sure they don’t get any skinship,” Leeteuk explained.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked in confusion.

“You don’t want to know…” Shindong warned her.

“Back to the main topic. Should we try to get him hooked to Starcraft?” Krystal asked.

“I don’t think so. He might become like Kyuhyun. So we need something else,” Heechul said.

“How about just keeping him away from Taemin?” Sulli suggested.

“And how are we going to do that? I think we should just let him stay at a library everyday…” Amber told them. The sunbaes looked at her as if she was mad. “What? He loves reading, doesn’t he?”

“Yeah, but seriously?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s possible, but I’m not thinking of letting him stay in a library. Just let him have lots of books to read,” Yoochun suggested, shocking the others.

“We almost forgot about you guys,” Jessica said, referring to DBSK and JYJ catching up on old times.

“Sorry. Do you really need our input on this? It’s not like we know much about them…” Junsu sighed.

“Yes, we do. What happens if your band member, whom you treat as a brother, turns against you and goes after you, even if he knew that your boyfriend loved you a lot? What if he ruined the perfect date?” Taemin demanded.

“Again, it makes me feel like the bad guy…” Changmin sighed.

“We would be angry, real pissed, and ignore the person for some time. Not you, Changminnie. But after a few months of seething and all, we’d forgive him in the end,” Yoochun sighed.

“Fine. You can go out and catch up or whatever it was that you were doing,” Taemin told them, feeling irritated. The five beamed and rushed out immediately, shocking KyuMin and Leeteuk who were coming back in.

“What the heck?” Kyuhyun asked.

“They wanted to catch up with each other, so I just told them to do it outside,” Taemin explained. The three SuJu members nodded and went to stand beside the other SuJu members.

“So our plan now would be…” Luna asked for confirmation.

“Get Minho hooked to books or Starcraft, I guess. Maybe soccer?” Key shrugged.

“Or all three,” Eunhyuk suggested.

“Yeah! Then it’s set. We’ll let him do all those things. Kyuhyun hyung, it’s your time to shine. Teach Minho how to play Starcraft well, ok?” Onew requested. Kyuhyun beamed and nodded.

“Then I guess you can all go now. Bye! And visit Taemin again! He’s going to be discharged tomorrow. Help if you want. But Minho… I’m not so sure about him,” Onew said, waving to the sunbaes who were filing out of the ward.

“Minho’s going to be discharged at the same time as Taemin…” Key told Onew, causing the leader’s eyes to widen.

“MWOH?! No way! Doesn’t that mean that manager hyung will drive us all back together? Then what happens?” Onew asked, feeling concerned for his boyfriend.

“I’m sure we’ll work something out. Maybe we’ll get Taemin discharged earlier. I can go ask Dr. Jang now, if you want,” Victoria offered, genuinely wanting to help Taemin. The SHINee family looked at her, puzzled.

“How’d you know that my doctor was Dr. Jang?” Taemin asked in confusion.

“He’s related to Hyunseung of B2ST. I’m quite close to Hyunseung, in some ways, I guess. So he told me on the phone yesterday, when I was asking him about what I should do about OnTae being real,” Victoria explained.

“And why are you close to him?” Jonghyun questioned.

“We kind of grew up together, you could say. I knew him since I moved to Korea, since my dad knows his family and all. I’m not Korean-born, remember?” Victoria asked. The SHINee members nodded, and Victoria smiled lightly at them. *Seungie doesn’t know about my cruelness back then, right?* Victoria thought worriedly, not wanting anyone to find out about her past as a trainee. She masked her worry well, though.

“Jinjja?! I’m so going to grill him when I see him next time. Maybe we should go shopping the day after tomorrow! And invite Junhyung, KiWoon, DooSeob…” Key was ticking off a list of people he should invite just to go SHOPPING.

“In short, all the gay couples you know, right? Even YunJae and YooSu, whatever. So you’re coming, right, noona?” Onew asked.

“I guess. I haven’t seen Seungie in a while, anyways,” Victoria said, shrugging.

“How about me? Can I go out with my crutches?” Taemin asked excitedly. When Key shook his head, he turned to Onew and showed his boyfriend his puppy eyes.

“Just let him go… Noona, you won’t mind right?” Onew asked worriedly.

“Hey, I’ve already accepted the fact that you don’t love me. So yeah, I’m fine with it,” Victoria replied casually, making Onew sigh in relief.

“So I guess you’ll help us ask Dr. Jang if he’ll let me be discharged early, right?” Taemin asked, pouting. Victoria smiled and pinched Taemin’s cheeks, nodding in reply.

“Let me just call Seungie now… I’m sure he’ll convince his uncle to let you be discharged earlier,” Victoria announced, taking her phone out and dialing Hyunseung’s number.

“Seungie? It’s Victoria noona. I miss you! Yeah, I just talked to you on the phone yesterday, but I haven’t met you in weeks! I’m just calling to invite you, Junhyung, KiWoon and DooSeob to go shopping with the SHINee and SuJu couples. Please? And can you convince your uncle, Dr. Jang, to let Taemin be discharged earlier tomorrow? You will? Omo THANKS!!! And make sure you go to shop with us, two days later, ok? Where?” Victoria paused, looking at Key.

‘Pass it to me’, Key mouthed. Victoria nodded and handed her phone to Key, regretting it almost instantly. “Yah! Hyunseung hyung! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re childhood friends with Victoria noona? You better go shopping with your Junhyungie, or he's dead!” Key warned.

“Yah! Kim Kibum, do NOT threaten my Hyungie, got it?!” Hyunseung said fiercely. “But fine, where?”

“For now, I’m planning to shop at Dongdaemun, then Myeongdong, then Namdaemun. A whole day out! How’s that? You can’t? Why not? Two days later is a Saturday, you babo! Ask your manager for a break, duh! All the members, or you’re dead. Trying your best isn’t enough! You better be there or your beloved Junhyung is going to be toast! I don’t care~” Key sang, passing the phone back to Victoria.

“Seungie? I regret passing my phone to Key, really. You’re asking now?” Victoria asked, hearing Hyunseung screaming for his manager. Then she heard a few sentences like ‘Manager hyung, let me go…’, ‘Hyungie, I don’t want Key to kill you…’ and all that. Victoria chuckled. Hyunseung hadn’t changed at all.

“Noona, my manager said ‘yes’! I’ll see you at Dongdaemun the day after tomorrow then! Bye!” Hyunseung exclaimed, ending the call.

“Bye Seungie!” Victoria exclaimed, closing her phone and nodding at Key.

“I knew the threat was going to work!” Key shouted excitedly.

“And we have time because…?” Onew asked in confusion.

“Aish, neither us nor SuJu are coming back soon, and noona’s rehearsed enough already. I’m pretty sure she does a lot of rehearsing in her own free time, when she isn’t going out with you, am I right?” Key asked, smirking knowingly.

“Yeah, well…” Victoria sighed, nodding in reply.

“Then it’s set. See you guys tomorrow. I’m going to call Seungie again, to remind him to ask his uncle. We don’t have to go out, Onew. I’ll help Taemin to pack and all,” Victoria told Onew.

“Thanks noona,” Taemin said gratefully, feeling that Victoria really changed a lot.

“Bye!” Victoria exclaimed, waving to the others who waved back.

Victoria returned to f(x)’s dorm, changing before she went to practice again.

The SHINee family talked about random stuff, avoiding the topic of Minho throughout the conversation. By the time it reached 9pm, Taemin had fallen asleep, worn out by the day’s events.

Minho, on the other hand, was thinking of ways to get Taemin to forgive him. He never learnt his lesson. He managed to find something about the number 15, that it meant ‘I’m sorry’. He decided to use roses this time, the flowers of love. Once again, he ordered the flowers online and sent it to Taemin’s ward. And again, Onew was the one signing the receipt.

*Fifteen, huh? Minho you desperate retard. So you’re trying to say ‘sorry’ and ‘I love you’ at the same time? Naïve… Taemin won’t forgive you for all that you’ve done. Not for a long, long time…* Onew thought, but he was moved a little by the attempt, and he placed the flowers in the vase, next to his bouquet and the lone Ophrys Fly.

All of them drifted off to sleep in the end.

“I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

don’t ask me about the random SuJu couples’ issues, cause it’s purely randomness on my part :D even i dunno what's with the flashbacks.... guess i just wanted to show how evil Victoria could be if she wanted to ^^ sorry to those Victoria fans, I don’t mean to make her the really evil person here… :( but she changed in the end, I swear! >.< look forward to the next chappie! XD And this really came out too fast… o.O I think the flashback was wayyy too long… keep reading and commenting! :)) and Victoria’s getting nicer, as you can see :D and I really didn’t know how to end this so… weird ending for the chappie, I know… I’m sorry :( and for those who don't know who Song Qian is... look it up on Google or something X) and the appearance of B2ST was random too :)