Surprise?

Just to let you know, I love you...

(Continued)

“Seobie? You’re in here, right?” Doojoon asked, his voice full of worry. The idols heard sobs in one of the cubicles and opened it to reveal Yoseob sitting on the cover of the toilet bowl.

“Joonie…” Yoseob sobbed. Doojoon embraced the boy in a tight and comforting hug, knowing how fragile his boyfriend was emotionally.

“It’s ok. Let it all out,” Doojoon said, patting Yoseob’s head lovingly.

“Why d-does Changmin h-hyung hate m-me…?” Yoseob managed to choke out before he continued to cry. The others shook their heads. This was unforgivable.

“He doesn’t see your kindness. Ignore him, arasso?” Hyunseung persuaded, hugging Yoseob as well.

“B-but no one has ever s-shouted at m-me like that b-before…” Yoseob cried.

“…” all of them muttered under their breaths.

“Seobie, listen to appa. You go back home first, ok? We’ll join you with Taemin once we settle the problem with DBSK,” Junhyung instructed, looking at the leader who nodded.

“Let’s go,” Doojoon said softly, helping Yoseob up and heading downstairs slowly.

“What are we going to do?” Key asked once Yoseob was out of earshot, cracking his knuckles scarily.

“We beat him? But then B2ST and SHINee would get criticized. We can’t tell the fans the truth, right?” Onew asked, his brows scrunching up in thought.

“Why not report to SM? But he’s busy enough as it is…” Dongwoon frowned.

“Can we just tell…” Taemin paused to think for a moment. “SuJu hyungs? Heechul umma especially,” Taemin grinned evilly.

“Scary protective complexion of Taemin’s that we’re seeing for the first time. Right… that works though!” Gikwang agreed.

“Then how about the other CUBE Entertainment noonas? 4Minute and G.Na noonas,” Minho suggested. The others nodded, still deep in thought.

“But SuJu hyungs are in Singapore now,” Hyunseung pointed out.

“When they’re back?” Junhyung asked.

“Yeah. I’m sure IU noona would love to help too. They all love our dear Seobie, don’t they?” Gikwang grinned. The others nodded and grinned with him.

“So we’ll go warn them and gather the sunbaes. It’s set. We have to go practice. Gikwang and Hyunseung, help Tae with his singing, ok? There are some parts he can’t reach. But calm Yoseob down first. He’s the priority,” Onew reminded them.

“Of course we know that. Let’s go,” Gikwang said as he went to DBSK’s table, where Jaejoong and Yunho were chiding Changmin.

“Yah! Shim Changmin!” Minho shouted. The SHINee members were shocked but brushed his abnormal behavior off as they went to Changmin.

“What? Can’t you see that we’re in the middle of something now?” Yunho snapped.

“We’ll make this quick. You’re dead when SuJu hyungs come back. Bye~” Key said merrily as he skipped towards the lift. The rest of them got in and went down.

“This is our stop. Take care of Yoseob and Taemin. See you later!” Jonghyun waved to B2ST and Taemin who waved back.

“We’ll call SuJu hyungs now, ok? Heechul hyung, mainly,” Junhyung asked SHINee who nodded, just before the lift doors closed.

When they got into a cab, Hyunseung took his phone out, but Taemin held his hand down and shook his head, making Hyunseung frown.

“What? Can’t I call him now?” Hyunseung asked in confusion.

“Heechul umma will definitely pick up my call. But if you call him, he might not care. Expensive as this may be…” Taemin trailed off as he dug for his phone. “It’s worth it,” he ended as he dialed the familiar number. After a moment of redirecting the call to the different phone operators, Taemin got through.  He heard a few rings and then a click as Heechul answered.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Umma!” Taemin screamed, but not too loudly.

“Taeminnie! I missed you! I don’t have much time, so make this quick.”

“Here’s the problem: DooSeob sat at DBSK’s table in the canteen. Changmin hyung shouted at Yoseob hyung and made him cry. Then when he apologised, after many threats, warnings and persuasions from Hyunseung hyung and Jaejoong hyung, he was real sarcastic. Yoseob hyung cried again and asked why Changmin hyung hated him. You know what we need, right?”

“Sure. We’ll think of a plan tonight. Anyone else in on this?”

“We’re telling G.Na noona, 4Minute noonas and IU noona later. I knew you’d help! Love you Chullie umma!” Taemin exclaimed gratefully, winking at B2ST.

“Yeah, ok. See you in two days. I have to rehearse for the concert now so bye!”

“Bye umma! I love you and kamsa hamnida!”

“Love you too!” and Heechul ended the call.

“He agreed?” Gikwang asked excitedly.

“Yep. Now call the other noonas,” Taemin instructed. Junhyung called G.Na, Hyunseung called IU, Gikwang called Hyuna and Dongwoon called Jihyun.

“Noona?” they all said at the same time.

The four of them discussed the plan with each other and ended the call after a while.

“So? When are they free to all meet up and think of a final plan? I know SuJu is free on Monday since they would’ve just returned from Singapore,” Taemin told them.

“4Minute is pretty free on Monday evening,” Gikwang and Dongwoon reported.

“IU noona has time in the evening too,” Hyunseung said.

“Same for G.Na noona. She was going to get some extra sleep but she said Seobie was worth it,” Junhyung told them. Taemin nodded and texted Heechul.

 

{From: Baby Tae :)

Umma, get the SuJu hyungs to meet up with IU, G.Na, and 4Minute noonas on Monday evening. I know you’re free so don’t lie, ok? Love ya! X)

To: Chullie umma}

 

Taemin received a reply from Heechul that said simply, ‘Ne’.

“We’re here,” Dongwoon announced and got out of the cab, the others following him as they rushed (at whatever speed they could with Taemin’s injured leg) to the lift and went up to the 17th floor, heading towards their apartment immediately.

“Seobie? Where are you?” Hyunseung asked cautiously. Expectedly, they heard sobs coming from the bedroom and went in to find DooSeob on Gikwang’s bed.

“You ok?” Dongwoon asked, plopping down on Junhyung’s bed.

“He cried the whole way back. Does he look or sound ok?” Doojoon scoffed at the question. Dongwoon pouted and Doojoon realised what he said. “Sorry, Woonie. I’m worried about Seobie. He’s always been the weakest and I don’t know what this could do to him.”

“Seobie, we settled the problem already. YunJae hyungs scolded Changmin hyung and the sunbaes are going to help you, arasso?” Junhyung asked in a soothing voice.

“N-ne,” Yoseob wiped his tears and attempted to smile.

“That’s our Seobie hyung!” Gikwang beamed at his hyung.

“Thanks,” Yoseob said, still sniffling a little.

“Come on, let’s get you some food, ok? It’s nearly lunch time,” Doojoon told him.

“And I’m hungry,” Taemin blurted out. Doojoon stared at the younger male but Yoseob burst out into laughter, putting a smile on Doojoon’s face.

“Let’s go then,” Yoseob chuckled and led Taemin out to the kitchen.

“Wait. We don’t have food,” Hyunseung shouted.

“Can someone go buy?” Yoseob asked. The other members walked into the kitchen and searched the cabinets for food, frowning when they found nothing.

“I’ll go with Kiki then. We’ll be back soon,” Dongwoon volunteered.

“But I don’t want to go!” Gikwang complained.

“Yah, don’t be so spoilt. But now that I think of it… remember Idol Maid?” Dongwoon asked Hyunseung. The two exchanged glances and smirked at each other.

“Doojoon and Junnie, you guys go. The three of us went during Idol Maid while DooSeob played at home,” Hyunseung reminded them.

“But I wasn’t here!” Junhyung protested strongly against his boyfriend’s decision. “Can’t Seobie go?”

“He just cried for what, an hour? Maybe less, but you get the point. So, hyung and Junnie, go already. Hurry,” Hyunseung chased them out of the dorm.

“Wait, what do we buy?” Doojoon asked.

“Ramen, maybe some instant kimchi, and bulgogi, I think? We might have time to cook it,” Gikwang suggested. Dongwoon shook his head.

“Buy chicken. We can bring it for the stay at the pension then,” Dongwoon said.

“Am I supposed to use my money?” Doojoon asked. The three of them rolled their eyes and nodded. “Fine,” Doojoon sighed and dragged Junhyung to the supermarket nearby.

“That was easy. Now, what do we do?” Yoseob asked, rubbing his palms together in anticipation.

“Why not play some random variety show games?” Taemin suggested. The B2ST boys’ eyes lit up at the mention of games, and they all nodded excitedly.

“But what games are there?” Gikwang asked after a moment of awkward silence.

“You know what? Let’s play video games,” Dongwoon said, grabbing his PS3 from the cabinet.

“Me first!” Hyunseung shouted, snatching the extra controller and turning the machine on.

“Why don’t we go to the computer? Or maybe we can practice singing in our room,” Gikwang told Taemin who nodded. The two of them and Yoseob walked into the bedroom, locking the door in the process. They turned the computer on and went to their official site while Yoseob helped Taemin with his singing.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“We’re back!” Doojoon shouted, taking his shoes off and walking into the dorm.

“Seungie? What are you doing?” Junhyung asked as he saw his boyfriend sitting in front of the TV.

“Busy kicking maknae’s . Don’t talk to me now,” Hyunseung told Junhyung, still focused on the game. Doojoon shook his head and set the food onto the kitchen counter and went into the room.

“Seobie? Gikwang? Taemin?” Doojoon called out, poking his head through the door.

“What? Oh, you’re back!” Yoseob smiled and pecked Doojoon’s cheek.

“The food’s outside already. Let’s go cook since your umma’s so engrossed in his game. I think Junhyung just joined in,” Doojoon said as he turned back to check. “Yup, he did.”

“We’ll stop here then. Remember what I told you. Gikwang, come and help,” Yoseob told Taemin and Gikwang. The two of them nodded and went out with DooSeob.

“Taemin, just wait on the… floor, I guess? Oh wait, there’s a chair here,” Dongwoon said, pulling the chair out for Taemin.

“But I want to help,” Taemin whined. Dongwoon shook his head sternly.

“What would Onew hyung do if he finds out about it? He’ll skin us alive,” Dongwoon told Taemin, going to help DooSeob and Gikwang out.

“Can’t someone at least play with me?” Taemin asked nobody in particular.

“Taemin, come here and beat Junnie. He’s being a spoiler,” Hyunseung pouted and walked over to Taemin, passing the controller to the younger boy.

“Do I play on the chair?” Taemin asked quizzically.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll help you down first,” Hyunseung offered. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“Junhyung hyung, get ready to lose,” Taemin warned the moment he sat down.

“Really? Bring it on,” Junhyung challenged. Hyunseung laughed at the two, pumping his fist for Taemin before heading to the kitchen to help.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What’s burning?” Hyunseung asked suspiciously, eyeing the people in the kitchen, especially Doojoon. They all shrugged, continuing with their business.

It seemed that they split the work like this: Doojoon- cooking; Yoseob- washing of dishes; Gikwang- cooking; Dongwoon- setting the table.

“I’m worried for my life. Why is Doojoon cooking? And with Gikwang, too,” Hyunseung questioned. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a pot that was smoking. “And what the in the name of HELL is THAT?” Hyunseung pointed at the said pot.

“MY KIMCHI!” Yoseob cried in horror, rushing to open the lid of the pot. “Ow!” Yoseob screamed, holding onto his red finger.

“You burned yourself? Seobie, you have to be more careful. Doojoon hyung, go check that pot of kimchi. Seobie, come here. I’ll help you take care of that burn,” Hyunseung dragged Yoseob to the bedroom to find the first-aid kit while Doojoon opened the lid of the pot.

“Holy crap! Who cooked this?!” Doojoon screeched. The pot, previously filled with kimchi, was now full of a gooey reddish-black substance.

KiWoon face palmed themselves. “You…” they both sighed. Doojoon’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“JINJJA?! Omo, I’m sorry, kimchi. I’ll have to cook again then…” Doojoon mumbled sadly. When KiWoon heard this, they snatched the remaining kimchi from the table. “What?”

“Do not cook again, hyung. Ever. I’ll take over from you. You cooking anything else?” Dongwoon asked cautiously, eyes darting around the kitchen.

“Aish, no. it’s only the kimchi. Gikwang’s in charge of chicken, but I’m boiling the water for our ramen,” Doojoon recalled. Dongwoon’s eyes widened and looked at the pot of water.

“It’s almost gone, hyung. Why’d you turn the fire on so high?” Dongwoon asked, shaking his head and turning the fire off. He refilled the pot and boiled the water again, but this time at a smaller temperature. “You can help to set the table,” Dongwoon suggested.

“Yeah, sure,” Doojoon replied, still sulking.

“Taemin, since when did SHINee have three managers?” Doojoon asked randomly.

“Youngmin hyung isn’t just our manager. He’s the current CEO of SM, but he usually brings us around from 2pm to 5pm. It’s only three hours, and SM hyung still helps out in that period of time so… yeah. Busy now,” Taemin told Doojoon.

“Oh, I see. Seobie, you alright?” Doojoon shouted. A muffled ‘ne’ was heard from the room and Doojoon just continued to set the table.

“We’re done~” Hyunseung sang, holding up Yoseob’s neatly bandaged palm. You wouldn’t exactly call it a bandage since it was just a piece of gauze, but whatever.

“What happened? I thought Joonie was a good cook?” Yoseob asked.

“I don’t know. It was awesome on B2ST Almighty. Wonder what happened,” Doojoon shrugged.

“You spent too much time with Junhyung,” Hyunseung said, earning a smack from Junhyung.

“My cooking isn’t that bad. Your cooking wasn’t that awesome, either. What place did you get?” Junhyung asked. Doojoon smiled proudly.

“Second. You were third, you babo!” Doojoon exclaimed.

“Oh yeah… Seobie was with me too. Not entirely my fault,” Junhyung shrugged.

“Yah! You’re mean… umma!” Yoseob turned to Hyunseung, pouting cutely. Hyunseung pinched the younger male’s cheeks and hugged the boy.

“It’s ok. Ignore your appa. He’s being stupid and jealous for being last place. I know it’s his fault cause your food tastes great. But you do waste too much food…” Hyunseung trailed off, chuckling at Yoseob’s reaction, which was to pout even more, if that was possible.

“Joonie?” Yoseob turned to his lover for help.

“Don’t drag me into this. You really did waste too much food,” Doojoon told Yoseob.

“You guys ! Taemin, come on in. I’ll help you with your singing,” Yoseob said and helped Taemin up from the floor before dragging the latter into the bedroom.

“I’m not done! WAIT! I was about to win!” Taemin protested.

“Come on. I need your help with something. Please?” Yoseob asked, showing his puppy eyes to Taemin. Even he couldn’t resist and gave in, nodding eventually.

“Only till our food’s done,” Taemin said. Yoseob beamed and nodded excitedly, going into the bedroom with Taemin behind him.

“What’s wrong? What did you want me to do?” Taemin asked in confusion. All Yoseob did was plop onto Hyunseung’s bed and stare into space.

“Close the door first,” Yoseob instructed. “And lock it,” he added. Taemin did as told and sat down beside his hyung, wondering what was wrong. He could see the baby-faced boy’s lips quivering, and he was getting worried.

“Hyung?” Taemin asked in concern.

“They’re MEAN! Why does everyone hate me?!” Yoseob asked, trying to keep his volume to a minimum. Yoseob then turned to Taemin and buried his face into the boy’s chest, wailing loudly.

Taemin was shocked from the sudden outburst. He did hear their earlier conversation, but he never knew that Yoseob was even more fragile than anyone he knew.

*Wow… the B2ST hyungs are so going to be guilty if they find out about this. Seob hyung cried three times already, including this. And worse thing is, once was caused by them. But too bad, they knew that this might happen and still ganged up on hyung. MEHRONG!* Taemin exclaimed in his mind.

“Hyung, don’t cry. It’s not healthy, arasso?” Taemin said, patting Yoseob’s head gently. They were only three years apart, but Yoseob felt like a small boy right now. Strange.

“But they were…” Yoseob started, but Taemin stopped him.

“You know what? It’s alright. It’s unhealthy to always cry, but worse to keep it all to yourself. When you’re feeling better, I’ll go have a word with the hyungs for you,” Taemin promised.

“Really? Thanks, Taeminnie,” Yoseob beamed against the younger male’s chest, still sniffling a little. He really did feel a lot better after hearing Taemin’s words. The young boy really had talent for making people feel better.

“My pleasure,” Taemin smiled to himself. “You ok now?”

“Much better,” Yoseob said, sitting up straight before attempting to fix himself up. “How do I look?”

“Like you just cried. It’s fine, really. It just serves to make them guiltier,” Taemin grinned evilly.

“You really have Key’s personality. Let’s go,” Yoseob helped Taemin out.

“Seobie! What happened?” Doojoon asked in horror, getting the others’ attention.

“Taemin, what did you do?” Hyunseung turned to the maknae of SHINee and scrutinized him. Both of them didn’t look like they just fought, so what the heck happened?

“Don’t blame Taemin. He was just helping me. Meanies,” Yoseob stared at JunSeung and Doojoon.

“What? Did we do anything? And did you cry again?!” Junhyung exclaimed in surprise.

“Duh. es,” Yoseob snorted and rolled his eyes in disbelief. *How shallow could they be? Annoying much…* Yoseob sighed mentally.

“What’d they do?” Gikwang poked his head around the wall, Dongwoon standing behind him.

“They all kept saying that I wasted food during B2ST Almighty… and they ganged up on me!” Yoseob whined, pointing at the three said people.

“But…” Dongwoon began, but a glare from Taemin shut him up.

“You guys know that Seob hyung has been through a lot since this morning. How could you still have the heart to gang up on him like that? And you even accused me for something that you guys caused!” Taemin exclaimed exasperatedly.

“…really?” the three of them asked, ashamed of themselves.

“Yes. Now apologise to Seob hyung,” Taemin demanded.

“Mianhae, Seobie,” they apologised at the same time.

“Good. Now let’s eat!” Taemin cheered, back to his usual mood.

*What was that? Scary Taemin much? Holy …* they thought, looking at each other before they shook their heads and walked to the kitchen to get the food.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oh, it’s almost 3pm! The hyungs will be here soon. Or will they go to our dorm first? Hmm…” Taemin mumbled to himself.

“Call them then,” Gikwang told Taemin who nodded and took his phone out.

“Hyung? You’re where? Oh, right… the dorm is only a few floors down. Well, we’ll see you at B2ST’s dorm then. Bye!” Taemin exclaimed happily and ended the call.

“How long will they take?” Yoseob asked, munching on a chocolate bar.

“About ten minutes. Youngmin hyung’s driving them here and SM isn’t that far,” Taemin said.

“Why not prank them?” Doojoon grinned menacingly.

“Good idea! Hidden camera~” Hyunseung sang excitedly, bouncing slightly on the floor.

“But what do we do?” Dongwoon asked.

“How about the same thing as Idol Maid, but modified?” Junhyung suggested.

“What did you guys do?” Taemin asked curiously. He didn’t exactly watch variety shows often.

“I pretended to be the arrogant person while Junhyung hyung was irritable,” Gikwang informed Taemin. “But did any of your hyungs watch that before?”

“Nah. They aren’t fans of variety shows, either. Especially when they’re not in it,” Taemin added cheekily. They nodded and thought of a way to modify the plan.

“What about Seobie being depressed, Junhyung being constantly naggy, Taemin being worried and Gikwang being irritable and arrogant? And me, Hyunseung and Dongwoon can just be extras,” Doojoon spoke his thoughts aloud.

“Cool! Let’s do this! Rehearsal first,” Hyunseung reminded them.

“Gikwang and I will pretend to be from SHINee. This is too easy,” Junhyung smirked.

 

Rehearsal 1

“B2ST! It’s SHINee!” Junhyung greeted as Hyunseung opened the door.

“Ah, hi Onew-ah. You’re here,” Hyunseung smiled lightly at SHINee. “Come on in. Taemin’s had his lunch and we’re currently just talking,” Hyunseung informed them as he returned to sit in the circle of people. SHINee followed suit.

“Hi…” Yoseob greeted before he sighed loudly.

“Hyungs! Hi! Seob hyung has been emo for who knows how long. It’s really bad,” Taemin bowed his head sadly.

“Yah, don’t be so bad and get SHINee some drinks. Maknae, you do it,” Doojoon ordered.

“Joonie, don be so mean,” Yoseob chided monotonously, drawing circles on the floor.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Taemin asked, acting concerned.

“It’s alright…” Yoseob let out another long sigh.

“Taemin, are you alright?” Gikwang asked, being ‘worried’ for SHINee’s maknae.

“Yeah. Seob hyung has just been so depressed since we got back,” Taemin stifled a chuckle.

“Ok, CUT! That wasn’t too bad, you know?” Dongwoon commented. The rest just burst out into laughter and nodded in agreement, clutching onto their stomachs.

“Come on, let’s do a full dress rehearsal. I’ll act as SHINee, along with Hyunseung and Dongwoon,” Doojoon announced.

“Ne. The last time to practice this. Hwaiting!” Hyunseung encouraged them, pumping his fist in the air. The others mimicked his action and shouted ‘Hwaiting!’ before they rehearsed again.

 

Rehearsal 2

“B2ST? We’re here!” Hyunseung shouted out.

“Yeah, we heard the knock on the door. Seobie, go open it. I’m tired,” Gikwang frowned at Yoseob.

“But I’m so sad right now…” Yoseob sighed.

“Hyung, I can’t go. Why not you go, Junhyung hyung?” Taemin suggested.

“Why me? Yoseob, you go. Hurry,” Junhyung nagged.

“Aish…” Yoseob sighed again and opened the door.

“Yo!” Dongwoon exclaimed cheerfully. Yoseob nodded, let out yet another sigh, and returned to sit down. The ‘SHINee members’ followed behind him and sat down too.

“Hyungs! Seob hyung has been really depressed so don’t bother him, arasso?” Taemin told them, ‘concerned’ for his hyung.

“Taemin, don’t talk so much and go get drinks for your SHINee hyungs,” Junhyung told the boy.

“Yah, he’s injured. Don’t treat him like a maid!” Doojoon said defensively.

“Fine. Taemin, mianhae. Gikwang, you go then,” Junhyung commanded.

“I’m tired, ok?! Don’t you understand that my schedule is the most out of all of us?!” Gikwang shrieked. Taemin put his hand on Gikwang’s shoulder, restraining the older male.

“Get off me,” Gikwang frowned angrily and shrugged Taemin’s hand off of his shoulder.

“You know what? You guys break it up right now!” Hyunseung demanded.

“They’re always like this. Forget it. Go and get drinks for yourself. Taemin’s singing has been practiced and we’re just talking. And can SOMEONE CLEAN THE FLOOR?” Junhyung questioned.

“Hyung, don’t be so noisy. I told you already, I’m TIRED,” Gikwang emphasized.

“Don’t talk back to me. I’m older than you,” Junhyung retorted.

“Stop fighting already… aish…” Yoseob rested his chin on his hands, drawing random circles on the floor. Taemin’s eyes glanced back and forth, not wanting Junhyung and Gikwang to 'fight'.

“Hyungs, stop it,” Taemin tried to persuade them.

“What the heck is going on?” Dongwoon asked quizzically.

“SURPRISE! You just participated in B2ST’s hidden camera featuring SHINee’s maknae Taemin!” Junhyung exclaimed, grinning at the three ‘SHINee members’.

“Mwoh?!” they pretended to be shocked.

“Ok, seriously, let’s stop it here. The hyungs will reach soon and you don’t want them to hear about this,” Taemin reminded them.

“How was it? Convincing enough?” Gikwang asked worriedly.

“It’s good enough. SHINee isn’t Bongsun or Gaeun noona. They aren’t as experienced, and you guys didn’t do many hidden cameras before, right?” Doojoon asked Taemin who shook his head.

“I don’t recall doing any hidden cameras except for the one during Yunhanam,” Taemin verified.

“Then it’s set. We’ll do the same thing then. If you think it’s enough, we’ll stop at whenever Seobie asks you to stop fighting, and then Taemin gets worried. That should be about when one of the SHINee members will ask about what’s going on,” Hyunseung planned.

“Come on,” Yoseob put his hand out. The others piled their hands on top of his and they all shouted ‘Hwaiting!’ before continuing with what they were doing, which was talking about random stuff.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ding dong

And then a few knocks were heard as B2ST and Taemin got into position. Hyunseung cleared his throat, got up and walked to the door.

“Who is it?” he asked.

“SHINee. Can we come in?” Onew asked.

“Duh! What did you think? That we would keep you outside? Please,” Gikwang snorted, already getting into character.

“Oh… yeah, I guess we didn’t really think of that,” Jonghyun said. Those in the dorm laughed silently before regaining their composure.

“Come in already! Seungie, what’s wrong with you? Open the door you slowpoke,” Junhyung started his nagging rampage.

“Appa, don’t be so mean…” Yoseob sighed when he knew that SHINee would definitely hear him.

“Seob hyung, are you ok?” Taemin asked in concern.

“Yah, Gikwang, get SHINee some drinks,” Junhyung ordered.

“No way. I’m tired from all my schedules and I don’t feel like doing it. Keep in mind that I’m the busiest, arasso?” Gikwang said, pretending to be angry.

“Taemin, how’d your singing practice go?” Minho asked.

“It was great, but the hyungs have been quarreling non-stop. It worries me,” Taemin sighed.

“What’s the point when everyone hates me? I don’t care if one person is worried,” Yoseob let out another long sigh.

“I’ll go get drinks,” Dongwoon stood up, but was held back by Gikwang.

“No boyfriend of mine works as some sort of maid,” Gikwang stated, pulling Dongwoon down.

“Then I’ll do it,” Doojoon volunteered.

“Aish, why get them drinks? It’s so meaningless when you’re hated…” Yoseob drew circles on the floor with his finger.

“Are you… alright?” Key asked, concerned.

“He’s been like that all day. I’m afraid he might get depressed and suicide,” Taemin spoke his thoughts. Key widened his eyes, saying nothing apart from that.

“Seungie, get SHINee drinks already. How many times do I have to tell you to treat our guests properly?” Junhyung chided. Hyunseung nodded and walked towards the kitchen.

“Umma… I’ll help. Just for your sake,” Yoseob stood up mechanically and followed Hyunseung. The two of them disappeared into the laundry room before laughing a little.

“I can’t handle this,” Hyunseung chuckled silently.

“Shh, don’t be too loud. Come on,” Yoseob whispered, walking out to get some water for SHINee.

“Here… we don’t have cups since we’re so broke. Just drink straight from the jug,” Yoseob told them, still sounding monotonous. Not long later, Hyunseung emerged and joined them.

“Seobie, don’t be so open with our personal lives! How many times have I told you?” Junhyung asked. Yoseob looked up, shrugged and looked back down.

“Hyung, stop nagging. I’m TIRED. Which part of that don’t you understand?” Gikwang raised his voice a little at the rapper.

“It’s tiring for me to keep nagging too!” Junhyung shouted back.

“Stop fighting. There’s no point in that when you’re hated…” Yoseob drew in a deep breath and sighed for the nth time.

“Hyungs, are you alright? Just forgive and forget, arasso?” Taemin asked worriedly.

“No! Dammit, I’ve put up with you forever!” Gikwang screamed at Junhyung.

“What the heck is going on?!” Jonghyun asked in confusion.

The ‘hidden camera people’ looked at each other, nodding slightly.

“SURPRISE! You just participated in B2ST’s hidden camera featuring SHINee’s maknae Taemin!” they all exclaimed together, causing the SHINee members to jump a little in shock.

“MWOH?!” they exclaimed, equally surprised by the stunt.

“Not bad eh?” Yoseob smirked and hi-fived the others.

“Right...” Jonghyun muttered. He never knew that their maknae could be like that. Ok, fine, maybe he did but he didn’t exactly want to accept the fact.

“Wow? Ok, I have to admit, that was good,” Key conceded defeat.

“Yeah!” they cheered happily, glad that they didn’t fail.

“But if we had more experience with hidden cameras, I’m sure we wouldn’t have fallen for it,” Minho said. The other SHINee members nodded in agreement.

“Who cares? We succeeded and that’s what matters,” Hyunseung said proudly.

“Fine. I’m proud of you, Tae,” Onew smiled and pecked the said boy on the forehead.

Taemin blushed, hiding his tomato red face in embarrassment.

“Aww, someone’s shy. Didn’t you guys just celebrate your first anniversary? Why still so awkward, huh?” Gikwang teased, Taemin just hid his face even more, pulling the hood down.

“Aigo, stop teasing him already. Anyways, you guys want to leave now?” Dongwoon asked.

“Minho and I have to leave for Music Core. Taeminnie, see you later. Love ya,” Onew smiled and kissed the younger male’s cheek before leaving.

“Bye hyungs!” Taemin shouted and waved, beaming at the two of them.

“Who knows what trouble they might get into on the way,” Jonghyun sighed, looking at the two males’ disappearing backs.

“Come on. We’ll head to the pension now. We already booked two rooms earlier on. One for B2ST, and the other for SHINee and Victoria noona. That’s ok, right?” Doojoon asked.

“I doubt there’ll be any problems. But we’re all sleeping on the floor?” Key questioned.

“Yup,” Junhyung confirmed. JongKey sighed in unison.

“Then Taemin will be stuck in the middle, right?” Hyunseung asked.

“Yeah. I’m worried of what Minho might do. He’s been alright these few days, apart from the flower thing. Let’s hope he doesn’t go and ruin the peace that we’ve had,” Jonghyun prayed.

“Let’s go then! Did you guys pack some clothes already?” Yoseob looked behind Key. “Forget it. I don’t need to know what exactly it is that you brought.”

“Key umma’s always like that. You brought my medicine?” Taemin asked. Key smiled and nodded. “Then why’re we still here? Chulbal~” Taemin copied Minho in ‘Oh! My School’.

“Arasso. I think Joonkun hyung’s taking us for this kind of timing. But Jiyong hyung will have to follow us for tomorrow… let me call them first,” Doojoon announced, dialing their number.

“Jiyong hyung, you know that we’re going to stay at a pension with SHINee? Then are you following us? Oh, jinjja? Ne, we’ll see you and Joonkun hyung downstairs then. There are nine people, so we’ll have to take different cars. Kay, bye,” Doojoon ended the call.

“Two cars, huh?” Junhyung asked. Doojoon nodded and went into the room to get their stuff.

“The three SHINee members and JunSeung will sit together then,” Gikwang decided.

“Sure,” JunSeung agreed, going to grab their stuff too.

“Wait here,” Dongwoon said and disappeared into the room as well.

“Awkward…” Jonghyun said. The rest of them nodded and stared at the ground, not knowing how to start a conversation. Luckily, the other four came back out relatively quickly and they went out.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Whoa~” Taemin said, exploring the room as best as he could.

“Taemin, go and sit down on a chair or something. Your leg is supposed to get rest, arasso?” Key told the maknae. Taemin pouted and nodded, dragging a chair towards himself.

After the idols kept their stuff, they went to play downstairs, in the pool. As much as Taemin wanted to join them, he couldn’t, so Key and Yoseob stayed at the chairs with him.

“Seobie, why don’t you join us?” Hyunseung called out.

“Nah, I’ll stay with Taemin. He’s the one who made me feel better just now, remember?” Yoseob smiled apologetically at his umma.

“Yah, we apologised for that, didn’t we?” Hyunseung scolded. Yoseob grinned and said nothing.

“Key, how about you? You want to come and play?” Jonghyun invited. Key shook his head.

“I’ll stay with Taeminnie,” Key told his boyfriend.

“Kay. If you want to play, you’re free to join!” Jonghyun shouted before splashing water onto Gikwang and Hyunseung. They started raging a water war: B2ST versus Jonghyun.

“Poor Jonghyun. Oh well. Anyway, you guys want to go get anything? Getting bored…” Yoseob sighed. Taemin and Key nodded and the three of them got up to return to the pension.

“Hyungs, we’re going back first! We’ll start to prepare some stuff for the barbeque!” Taemin shouted. They nodded and answered ‘ne’ before returning to their war.

“So what do we start with?” Taemin asked.

“You go online and search for some ways to make barbeque chicken nicer. We unpack the stuff,” Key instructed. Taemin pouted but nodded obediently.

“Do we have butter to spread on the chicken?” Key asked Yoseob.

“Well… no,” Yoseob replied, slumping his shoulders.

“You think the managers will loan some to us? Go attack them with your aegyo!” Key suggested.

“But isn’t that pretty much bribery?” Yoseob asked, scratching his head in confusion.

“It’s not if they give it willingly. I’d like to call it persuasion,” Key smiled deviously.

“Ah, ok. I’ll go ask then. And is Taemin seriously online?” Yoseob asked curiously, peeking into the room. “He is. Weird… I’ll be quick!”

“Alright!” Key shouted as he heard the door close.

“Key umma, what do you want to do to the chicken? Just normal barbeque, right?” Taemin asked.

“Yeah! It’s ok; I remember how to do it now. You can go surf the net or something,” Key told Taemin.

“But I want to help!” Taemin whined, hobbling out of the room.

“Aigo… arasso, then unpack the charcoal,” Key told Taemin as he took out the food from the fridge.

“Ne!”

Taemin immediately set out to do as he was told, opening up the pack or charcoal that was on the tabletop. He looked at it in confusion, and then looked over at Key.

“Key umma?”

“What?” Key asked, turning around with a big bag of food in his hand.

“What do I do after I open it? You didn’t trick me, did you?” Taemin asked suspiciously.

“I didn’t! You’re supposed to break it into smaller pieces. Come onto the floor,” Key told Taemin, putting the food onto the table and bringing the charcoal to the floor.

Taemin got up too, and he sat down carefully beside the bag.

“This,” Key started, picking up a big piece of charcoal and smashing it onto the floor, “is how you do it.” There was a mat to protect the wooden floor from being scratched.

“Oh…” Taemin said, imitating Key’s actions. He was about to smash another piece onto the floor when Key stopped him hastily. “What?” Taemin pouted.

“I’ll get another mat and newspapers first. This mat is dirty… hmm, I think I’ll wash it a little later,” Key said to himself, walking off in search of a mat.

Taemin sat there and looked around for a few minutes when Yoseob came back in.

“Seob hyung? You left? I thought you were in the toilet or something…” Taemin mumbled.

“Oh, it’s nothing. I just went to ‘persuade’ the managers of the pensions to ‘lend’ me some butter,” Yoseob told Taemin, putting the two blocks of butter onto the tabletop.

“Let me guess: its Key umma’s idea?” Taemin deduced. Yoseob gasped and nodded furiously.

“Wait… how’d you know?” Yoseob asked, interested by Taemin’s knowledge.

“When you know someone for more than four years, it gets easy to tell,” Taemin shrugged.

“Oh, ok. What are you doing?” Yoseob asked, examining the bag of charcoal.

“Key umma told me to break the charcoal into smaller pieces, but he went to find a mat and newspaper so I won’t spoil the floor,” Taemin told the elder who nodded.

“Ah… ok, I’ll find him first. Then I’m going down to get the others, arasso? It’s about time that we start to barbeque,” Yoseob told Taemin. “Key!”

“What? Oh yeah, I found the mat,” Key said as his head poked out of the storeroom.

“I’m going to find the rest. I think Onew hyung, Minho and Victoria noona will reach soon so we’ll start the barbeque when you’re done, ok?” Yoseob told Key.

“Sure. Taeminnie, here’s the mat and there’s newspaper somewhere…” Key trailed off as he searched a plastic bag. “Ah, here!”

“Thanks umma. Seob hyung, bye!” Taemin waved to Yoseob who waved back and left.

“Here. I’ll continue unpacking the food but call me if you need help,” Key told the maknae.

For the next who knows how long, umma and son were working hard to finish preparations before the rest got back. The door clicked and JunSeung walked in.

“Need help? Seungie and I are just going to bathe,” Junhyung offered.

“Nah, we’re almost done. Just go and hurry. We’ll start the barbeque once you guys are done,” Key chased the two into the toilet and went into the kitchen.

"We can bathe here, right?" Junhyung asked. Key smiled and nodded.

"Just get your clothes from your own room."

“Wait, should we go together to save time or protect our privacy and bathe separately?” Hyunseung questioned no one in particular.

“How long have you been together?” Taemin asked curiously.

“About two years. Since we trained together last time,” JunSeung told Taemin.

“Then why have you never seen each other before? I don’t mean on bed, but just in the toilet,” Taemin winked at the blushing couple.

“Well… I have no idea. We just never thought of bathing together, I guess?” Junhyung shrugged.

“But Onew hyung is HELPING me to bathe nowadays. Fine, I have to admit, I don’t want him to. But before that, we bathed together to save time too,” Taemin eyed his hyungs weirdly. “Are you sure you haven’t bathed together before?”

“NO!” Hyunseung shouted. Key walked out of the kitchen and stared at Hyunseung for a moment.

“What’s going on?” Key questioned, holding the bag of food in his hands.

“Nothing. We were just asking Taemin if we should bathe together to save time. Cause the two of us have NEVER seen each other so…” Junhyung explained, trailing off at the end before smiling at Key sheepishly. “You get it?”

“Right… yeah, I guess I do. Just go bathe together! I bet you guys have been together longer than OnTae but you’ve never BATHED TOGETHER?” Key screeched in disbelief.

JunSeung looked at Key, raising their brow before shaking their head.

“Aish! Go, quick,” Key pushed them towards the toilet. The couple got out again to get their clothes from their own room before disappearing into the toilet.

“Jinjja…” Key muttered and continued to unpack the remaining food.

“I’m done!” Taemin exclaimed proudly, holding up a bag of cracked charcoal.

“Good! I’m nearly done too. You think you can get up and put it on the table?” Key asked, not turning around to look at the maknae.

“I think so…” Taemin pushed his off the ground and stood up a little unsteadily. He balanced himself using the table nearby before bending down to pick the bag up. He then grabbed his crutches and walked to the kitchen table.

“There you go,” Taemin said to himself and set the bag onto the table.

“Oh, you’re done. Me too. Let’s get cleaned up and change into cleaner clothes,” Key pulled Taemin to the closet to find some suitable clothes.

When JunSeung got out of the toilet, Taemin and Key were changed into more casual clothes and were wearing their shoes.

“So Minho, Victoria noona and Onew are leaving their bags downstairs?” Hyunseung asked as he dried his hair, standing in front of a heater.

“Minho and Onew hyung’s stuff is with us…” Key stated dryly.

“Oh yeah… and noona?”

“She’ll come up and change first. Pass her the key when she needs it,” Key told Hyunseung.

“Arasso. Junnie, where the hell are you?” Hyunseung shouted.

“I’m busy fixing my hair!” Junhyung shouted back from the toilet.

“Weird. Well, I’m going down first. See ya!” Hyunseung shouted and waved to Taemin and Key before leaving the room to find the others.

“Seungie? YAH! WAIT FOR ME!” Junhyung yelled and ran out of the toilet, his hair still a mess. He chased after his boyfriend and managed to bring him back to the pension while he went back to fixing his hair.

“Junnie, why can’t I go? You scared that I’ll flirt with Gikwang?” Hyunseung smirked when he heard Junhyung’s loud gasp.

“No…” Junhyung replied softly, walking out of the toilet with his hair completely fixed up.

“Really?” Hyunseung shot back incredulously. “You do know about KiSeung, right? We’re paired together too,” Hyunseung smiled lightly when he saw Junhyung’s shocked expression.

“Mwoh?” Junhyung snapped out of his trance and asked.

“What? Aigo, I’m kidding you babo! I only love you, arasso?” Hyunseung grinned and kissed Junhyung on the lips. “Anyways, let’s find the rest!” Hyunseung exclaimed, overly hyper, and skipped out of the room while dragging Junhyung.

“Weird much?” Taemin asked. Key nodded and stood up.

“You done?” Taemin nodded at his umma and beamed, grabbing his crutches and walking out. Key locked the door before following Taemin, supporting the younger make when he needed it.

By the time they made it down, everyone else was there. Key suddenly stopped in his tracks and smacked his forehead.

“!” Key screamed in frustration, messing up his hair.

“What?” Jonghyun asked in concern.

“I FORGOT TO BRING THE FOOD AND CHARCOAL DOWN! And do we even HAVE drinks?!” Key sighed.

The rest of them burst out into laughter, even Taemin. Key pouted.

“Come on, where’s your key? We’ll get it for you,” KiWoon offered once they stopped laughing.

Key flashed the couple a smile of gratitude and reached into his jacket pocket to get the key.

“GOD DAMMIT!” Key exclaimed, irritated.

“What?” they asked, curious.

“I FORGOT THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!” Key shouted, pouting before he plopped onto the cold floor.

“Say WHAT?!” Taemin and JunSeung screeched. Key nodded and sighed, not moving from his spot.

“I'm here~!” Onew sang excitedly as he walked towards the group.

“Where’s noona and Minho?” Doojoon asked.

“I don’t know. I think they went off to talk together,” Onew shrugged. The others’ eyes widened.

“WHAT?!?!”

 

 

 

 

update again since my EOYs ended yst:)) i have no idea what's becoming of this fic... haha but i don't really care~ and i at cliffy endings but i'm just gonna try:D thanks to my readers and pls comment!! enjoy~! XD