Chapter Thirteen

Home Is Just Another Word For You

This whole relationship thing isn’t as hard as Nam Soon imagined it would be. It was new; they were in untested waters and the whole thing unnerved Nam Soon in an unpleasant way that sat in the back of his mind constantly, but it wasn’t as drastically life changing as he’d though it would be. He didn’t know how to begin categorising the change in their relationship; it was like a small step, but at the same time a huge leap. The sudden changes in the way he viewed not only Heung Soo but himself was dizzying; half the time he looked at Heung Soo and saw someone he wanted to share every part of himself with, other times it was like he forgot everything that they’d experienced between them these past few days, and all he saw was a friend. The change, however; the kisses, the words shared between just the two of them, the promises not meant for others ears, it all just seemed so natural. It was almost like they’d always been this way.

 

 

It was confusing; both overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time.

 

 

What Nam Soon did know however was that he didn’t want to go back to before. He liked having Heung Soo in this new way. Sure, it’d only been a few days, but he’d settled in to it with the ease of changing a small daily routine.

 

 

Not to say that he was entirely comfortable with it, that would be an outright lie; he wasn’t about to go shouting it to the neighbourhood, and if anyone ever questioned if he and Heung Soo were something deeper than friends he’d deny it until he was blue in the face. But when it was just the two of them, when it was just Nam Soon and Heung Soo sprawled out on the floor reading comics, or slurping noodles, or making out like the hormonal guys they are (particularly when making out), Nam Soon was happy.

 

 

All they’d been doing today was lounging around, nothing special or exciting, but Nam Soon was perfectly content just being around Heung Soo.

 

 

He was pulled from his musings by said person speaking up over the sound of the TV.

 

 

“What time is it?” Heung Soo asked, not bothering to crane his head to see the clock.

 

 

Nam Soon, comfy and lethargic from hours of lounging around, lazily swung around to glance at it. “Just gone two-thirty,” he said, turning back and settling deeper into the sofa. “Why?”

 

 

“Aish,” Heung Soo muttered to himself, and Nam Soon poked him to get an answer when nothing more was forthcoming. “I’ve got to meet my probation worker at three.”

 

 

“But I don’t want you to leave,” Nam Soon grumbled. He took hold of Heung Soo’s tee shirt and pulled him in for a kiss to make his point. “Do you have to go?”

 

 

Heung Soo chuckled and battered Nam Soon’s hands away, much to Nam Soon’s displeasure. “I do if I don’t want to go to jail for breaking the terms of my probation.”

 

 

Nam Soon weighed the options in his head: keep Heung Soo here and spend the day with him, then not see him for months while he’s locked up, or let him go, not spend all day with him, but spend all future days with him. It was a no-brainer, really. “Okay, I guess you can go.”

 

 

He still isn’t happy though and made sure Heung Soo knew it by dropping like dead weight across the sofa and spreading out, loosing complete interest in all things Park Heung Soo. Which was unfortunate for Heung Soo seeing as he too was on the sofa, and Nam Soon’s now laying heavily on top of him, being sure to have his right knee digging into Heung Soo’s side.

 

 

“Yah,” Heung Soo said reproachfully, trying to shove him off but Nam Soon held fast. “Get off, bastard.”

 

 

Nam Soon just closed his eyes and smiled to himself, acting like he couldn’t hear him.

 

 

“Yah,” Heung Soo said, louder this time. “I’ll only be gone about two hours.”

 

 

Nam Soon to his side, pillowing his head on his hands and kneeing Heung Soo in the gut. A small grunt of forcefully expelled air came from Heung Soo, but Nam Soon didn’t have time to celebrate his small victory as a moment later Heung Soo’s hands were on his hip and side, giving him a hard push and Nam Soon went tumbling off Heung Soo and the sofa and on to the floor.

 

 

Nam Soon cursed as Heung Soo got to his feet laughing. He aimed a kick at Heung Soo’s ankle in retaliation, but Heung Soo easily stepped out of his reach.

 

 

“Bastard,” Nam Soon grumbled, rubbing his painful side and glaring up at him. Heung Soo just sent him a charming smile, then walked off towards the door and put his shoes on.

 

 

Before he could leave, Nam Soon scrambled to his feet and ran over to him, practically rugby tackling him in his haste. It was only the arms Nam Soon wrapped around him on impact that stopped Heung Soo being knocked into the wall.

 

 

Heung Soo turned his head Nam Soon’s way to say something, but Nam Soon stopped him with a kiss. He pushed his body against Heung Soo’s, backing the slightly taller boy up against the wall, kissing him with some force. Heung Soo immediately reciprocated, seemingly forgetting he was about to leave and Nam Soon grinned to himself, keeping Heung Soo pushed to the wall just in case he did decide he should leave before Nam Soon was done.

 

 

Heung Soo’s lips were slightly parted, and Nam Soon used the opportunity to slip his tongue between them, a trail over Heung Soo’s lips and into his mouth. He brought one hand up behind Heung Soo’s neck and curled his fingers in the short hair there, the other running up Heung Soo’s side to his shoulder. He felt Heung Soo’s hands running up his back, warm through his thin cotton T-shirt, spurring him on. Their tongues began a game of tag, massaging and all their most sensitive spots, working nerve endings teasingly, tongues working together playfully but forcefully, taking and giving until they ran out of breath.

 

 

Then the hands were off Nam Soon’s back and slipping up under his T-shirt, running over his stomach and Nam Soon bucked his hips into Heung Soo’s when fingers brushed a . They were kissing again; lips, tongues and hands exploring.

 

 

He could feel his body beginning to flush, Heung Soo was everywhere and yet not touching him enough at the same time. His showed the first sign of interest and Nam Soon pulled back, not far, but enough so that their bodies weren’t touching. They’d yet to go further than this. Although Nam Soon was attracted to Heung Soo, although he enjoyed making out with him, he wasn’t ready for more. A few days ago he was so scared of being gay he’d assaulted Heung Soo, he couldn’t just switch it off like a light bulb. The thought of touching Heung Soo’s was pathetically nauseating. He didn’t like feeling that way, he would tell himself he’d do it, that it wasn’t a big deal, but he was left woefully disillusioned with himself every time a new occasion presented itself. It wasn’t because of Heung Soo himself, he’d just worked himself into a mind over it all. Weeks of forcing himself into believing he’s got gay was hard to overcome in a few short days.

 

 

Thankfully Heung Soo seemed to understand without Nam Soon having to embarrass himself by explaining it, and hadn’t tried anything below the waist. He’d not even against Nam Soon like Nam Soon had him a few times, he was completely letting Nam Soon set the pace of their relationship. It was something Nam Soon felt a little guilty for, but he was thankful all the same. He did want to take it another step, he just couldn’t make himself yet.

 

 

After taking a few moments to cool down, Nam Soon kissed Heung Soo again. It was slower this time, more leisurely. Heung Soo responded in kind, changing to match Nam Soon with ease. It was nice like this, simple but intimate, with no expectations of anything but a soft, comfortable passion.

 

 

They parted by only a few centimetres, and moments later Heung Soo trapped Nam Soon’s lower lip gently between his teeth. Nam Soon moaned as a wet tongue glided over it, but then his lip was released and only Heung Soo’s breath was tickling against them.

 

 

Their hands returned to their sides and Heung Soo chuckled quietly. “That was pretty awesome, but I really need to get going now.”

 

 

“’Kay,” Nam Soon replied. He didn’t mind so much now and backed off enough so that Heung Soo could swing the door open. “I’ll see you later?”

 

 

Heung Soo nodded. “Yeah, I’m come back afterwards.” Then he was gone, the door shutting behind him, leaving Nam Soon wandering what to do for the next two hours.

 

 

Now might be a good opportunity to find a new job. The one delivering packages all over was really ty money; he often had to work side jobs just to keep up with bills when his dad didn’t leave him any money. Not to mention he had to ride around in all weather, including heavy rain and snow.

 

 

He’d noticed a ‘hiring’ sign on a nearby shop window the day before on his way home from school and he decided to check it out. He needed somewhere local anyway; if he quit his current job he’d have to hand in his bike, so he needed somewhere he could walk to and from quickly.

 

 

Nam Soon pulled on his own shoes and left, not bothering to lock the door behind him; he had nothing worth stealing. Anyone who broke in would be sorely disappointed.

 

 

It was only a two minute walk to the shop; a fairly small place selling basic every day needs when you didn’t have the time for a full shop. Items such as milk, bread, snacks, magazines and cigarettes lined the shelves.

 

 

There was a man who looked to be in his late twenties behind the till wearing a name tag identifying him as Kang Hyun Shik, and a second guy, perhaps three or four years older than Nam Soon with the name tag Choi Kyu Cheol was idly flicking through a magazine with a topless woman on the cover by some shelves.

 

 

Nam Soon headed over to Kang to ask about the job.

 

 

It was easy work; stacking shelves, working the till, cleaning up and whatever odd jobs that needed doing.

 

 

Apparently the shop belongs to Kang’s parents, though Kang obviously had no attachment to the place. He didn’t even bother asking to see Nam Soon’s ID, or even ask if he were old enough to sell tobacco and alcohol. Not that Nam Soon was complaining because he was offered the job. He excepted immediately

 

 

Kang gave him a dry “congratulations. You can start on Monday. Don’t be late”, sounding as utterly bored as it was possible for a person to be.

 

 

Choi was a little more enthusiastic, thumping Nam Soon on that back in a friendly manner and introducing himself with a wide grin.

 

 

“Don’t mind Hyun Shik hyung, he’s just PMSing,” Choi joked. “He’ll be right back to his sparkling personality by Monday. Though his lazy er attitude to work won’t change.”

 

 

Nam Soon didn’t stay long after that; he still had to quit his delivery job and hand in the bike, which meant he’d have to either walk back home or get the bus. Hopefully Heung Soo would be back by then.

 

 

It wasn’t until much later; after an irritable now-ex-boss who wasn’t happy with his sudden quitting, a bus ride that smelt faintly of urine and gave him a headache from a baby’s screaming, and almost tripping over his own feet due to a crack in the pavement that Nam Soon realised he’d left the TV on all this time. Dammit, the electricity bill was gonna leave him broke.

 

 

At least Heung Soo was there when he opened the door.