The Matter of Provocation - Part 2

Isn't It Destiny?

 

-  5 more minutes! – The artist assistant from the broadcast station called loudly – 4Minute be ready!

The five girls of 4Minute all stood up and walked out to gather at the backstage. They continuously sighed. Although they had been performing for so many many times, this time seemed to put more pressure on them than usual. Gayoon and Jiyoon, although appeared to be calm, couldn’t hide their anxiety by keeping their finger crossed and moving around. Meanwhile, Sohyun put her arm around Hyuna’s shoulder to calm herself and her sister. Hyuna, despite the manager’s opposing, decided to change her shorts and fishing net- liked legging with a black legging covering her legs, which was rather hot and uncomfortable to move.

 

Infinite had done with their Man In Love performance and were walking down from the stage. In a moment, Jiyoon’s eyes caught Sunggyu looking at her but when she turned her back to see, he walked away.

 

When Hyuna and Sohyun was about to step on the staircase to the stage, L passed by and he, all of the sudden, whispered to Hyuna’s ears:

 

-          I heard your problem...Sorry for being gossip but just be like nothing happens on stage. It’s a comeback anyway. Fighting!

 

Hyuna startled a bit for what L had just said. But as soon as she turned around to thank him, he had gone. Right then, Sohyun called Hyuna back in time:

 

-          Unnie, be focused!

 

The comeback stage was smooth as expected. The girls danced, sang and rapped just marvelously as they did during practicing. Sometimes during the performance, there were some secret looks towards Hyuna, who was in the center of attention, from the other members but they all sighed with relief as Hyuna, unlike the depressed Hyuna of a few minutes ago, was like absorbed into the song already. “If only her emotion was stable as her performance” – That was what on Jihyun’s mind for a while.

 

INFINITE’S WAITING ROOM

 

-          Ya Lee Sungjong, why are you sticking to the tv all the time?

 

Sungyeol raised a question right when he saw Sungjong sitting on the couch, gluing to the television with 4Minute’s comeback performance. Hoya, who was taking off his coat smiled and replied for Sungjong:

 

-          You already know that he can’t miss his favorite group’s comeback performance.

 

Saying so, Hoya didn’t expect the next thing to come. It was that Sungyeol sat down next to Sungjong and join the conversation with the maknae:

 

-          Ya ya, that Kwon Sohyun’s chest pump is just awesome…Really!

 

-          Her new hair – Sungjong added – is cute also…Ah hyung, look! Jiyoon noona is so powerful as usual!

 

-          I like Gayoon noona more…But wait, why is Hyuna wearing that kind of legging? Isn’t it so hot to wear such legging?

 

-          I don’t know – Sungjong lowered his voice – Isn’t it relevant to what Hoya hyung told us?

 

-          Told what? I didn’t hear.

 

-          Ah. He said that 4Minute was worried for Hyuna noona. That she was let down by criticisms.

 

-          Holy crap! – Sungyeol exclaimed – It’s that serious? People praised her for iness so she has to wear it! How can she be y with that kind of legging?

 

-          You guys’d better shut up!

 

Both Sungyeol and Sungjong startled. They , as well as the other members, looked around the room to find out who had just said. And there, that person was sitting in a corner of the room, putting on a wry face.

 

-          Is there a problem hyung? – Sungjong asked – We’re just talking.

 

-          Stop commenting about other’s looks. – Woohyun coldly replied – You think she’d be grateful for that?

 

Sungyeol and Sungjong looked at each other, totally didn’t understand anything. Woohyun appeared to be serious, which was not a normal thing for this joyful guy. Thinking that Woohyun was just joking, Sungyeol grinned and said:

 

-          It’s not a matter at all. We have freedom to comment about anything, don’t we?

 

-          So how do you think she would feel even though she didn’t know you said such thing? Don’t add more pain to her!

 

-          She – Sungyeol smirked – chose to be y so she has to put up with these things!

 

-          You…

 

-          So…Now you’re showing us that you still care about her?

 

-          Shut your mouth! – Woohyun squeaked.

 

-          Stop it!

 

Finally the leader had to raised his voice. Sunggyu had been silently observed the two members but at first he thought it was simply a normal discussion. Luckily, he quickly realized how it turned to be in their voice and facial expression, especially in Woohyun.

 

-          Hyung – Woohyun frowned his eyebrows – Why do we have to stop? I’m just trying to tell Sungyeol the right thing!

 

-          But you guys shouldn’t fight because of a girl. And you’re quarreling for a trivial thing!

 

Turning to Sungjong who was looking at them with his eyes wide opened, Sunggyu commanded:

 

-          Sungjong, turn off the TV!

 

-          But…

 

-          No “but” now! Turn it off so these guys can stop quarreling.

 

But it was Woohyun, who was known as a stubborn member, asked back:

 

-          Hyung, isn’t it what appealed to you? The iness of Hyuna?

 

-          What do you mean?

 

-          Tell me, who is right? I or Sungyeolie? If you approve what Sungyeol said, it meant that you also liked Hyuna for it.

 

-          You can't assume such the thing! – Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun with a strict look.

 

-          Just tell me! – The younger one insisted – If you can’t decide who is right, this battle between me and Sungyeol won’t stop now.

 

Sunggyu hesitated. What Woohyun asked him to do was so hard. Sungyeol was right, they could say anything they wanted unless there was no press here. But Woohyun was right, too. Hyuna had been depressed much so even though she couldn’t hear them, they should be sympathized for her instead of commenting that way.

 

However, if Sunggyu decided that Sungyeol was right, he would feel sorry with Hyuna and even his best friend. But if he chose Woohyun to be right, would such members as Sungyeol still listen to him? He was in such a difficult situation then.

 

Another thing lied in Woohyun’s question. Was iness what appealed him to Hyuna? No, of course no. Sunggyu had a reason to choose Hyuna but it was not for that thing. It belonged to his personal side and he couldn’t reveal. Nevertheless, he still had to give them an answer. Well, it was time for leadership to shine.

 

-          None of you was completely right. Sungyeol shouldn’t say so. You can comment about anything but since Hyuna has been already hurt, we’d better stop or we ourselves shall feel guilty. And Woohyun, it’s not something we should be angry at each other. Ok, you might not feel satisfied with my decision but it’s fair for both of you. And the other members, you do think like me right?

 

Sunggyu looked at Hoya as well as Dongwoo and L with his eyebrown slightly raised . Hoya got it and he nodded:

 

-          Yep, I have the same idea.

 

-          See? – Sunggyu turned to Woohyun and Sungyeol – I don’t oppose you guys having your own opinion but later, let’s find something more reasonable to quarrel about.

 

Neither Sungyeol nor Woohyun had reaction as right then, the manager opened the door and told them to go on stage once again. Before leaving the waiting room, Sunggyu whispered to the two members:

 

-          Don’t tell manager hyung. We should solve ourselves.

 

On the way going to the stage, Sungjong asked Hoya:

 

-          Hyung, don’t you think Woohyun hyung’s reaction is a bit excessive?

 

-          You mean?

 

-          I mean – The maknae frowned his eyebrows and spoke out what had been on his mind so far – I didn’t expect him to react like that. He’d never done such thing when it came to talking about Hyuna noona before but now when he had nothing to do with her, he changed!

 

-          Maybe I know.

 

 Dongwoo suddenly interrupted when he approached to put his arm around Hoya’s shoulder.

 

-          You know? – Hoya and Sungjong both had their eyes round – What?

 

-          I’ll tell you later when we get home. It’s not been long but I think somehow it results in what has just happened.

 

All the artists performing at today’s show had gathered on stage. Seeing 4Minute, the seven boys of Infinite all bowed to greet them politely, trying to hide away the fact that they had just had a small fight about one of the member of 4Minute. It was when Sunggyu, for the first time, had seen Jiyoon directly. And suddenly, he couldn’t keep his heart beat normally. Another natural reaction of his body to see her? He just didn’t know. He just couldn’t understand right at that moment. Why did he have to be like drooling to see Hyuna, to be a crazy fanboy of Hyuna on TV while actually his heart only skipped a beat when seeing Jiyoon?