Sooner Or Later - P3

Isn't It Destiny?

Jiyoon, leaving Sunggyu behind and appeared at the tent. On arriving, she realize there were only Sohyun, Gayoon and Jihyun sitting there with the other 5 members of Infinite. No sight of Hyuna and Woohyun. Jiyoon smiled inside. Maybe that romantic couple had gone somewhere else for privacy. Those guys who were talking merrily didn’t pay attention to Jiyoon at all until she cleared from behind:

-          Ehem…I’m here?

The seven heads turned to her and smiles were all on their faces. Sungjong was the first to raise his voice:

-          Noona you’re here finally. We are wondering what takes you so long to come!

Jiyoon slightly pouted. Sitting down on a chunk of wood, she replied to Infinite’s maknae while handing him the box of snack:

-          What about Woohyun and Hyuna?

-          We don’t count them Jiyoon ah – Jihyun laughed and pointed to another box of snack – Hyuna insisted on having me deliver for her and she sneaked to somewhere with Woohyun already!

Jihyun had just finished when Gayoon added more, making the whole agree with her:

-          It seems like they decide to premiere their movie already!

Jiyoon sat down on a chunk of wood beside the campfire and opposite to the shortcut she had just came out from.

-          But I think – she said – it’s about time you guys should sleep after a whole day like this. It’s almost midnight.

The other people exchanged smiles, which made Jiyoon a bit embarrassed for saying such the thing.

-          Tonight is a beautiful night – Dongwoo replied, putting a piece of wood into the campfire – And it’s been so long we are not this free.

-          And a wonderful chance – L added , fixing the strings of his guitar. The sounds of guitar at the midst of night caused Jiyoon goosebump a bit.  – to sing and play guitar.

-          And to tell ghost stories rather than sleep.

Gayoon ended up and pulled a scary expression on her face. Jiyoon smiled. Gayoon had just found herself again. Nearly one hour before, she was freaked out with going out all alone but then she’d turned back to be the mood-setter.

Jiyoon shrugged:

-          Whatsoever. Anyway we don’t need to rush as there’s a shortcut to our tent from here.

-          A shortcut?

Eyes were all on Jiyoon when she said those words. 4Minute was curious as they wondered how could Jiyoon found a shortcut in such a short time while Infinite was surprised as they thought only they knew the way which was discovered by Woohyun and Hoya that morning.

-          How could you find it? – Sohyun questioned – You didn’t tell us anything.

-          You’re a bad girl, Jiyoon ah! – Gayoon poutedly accused Jiyoon – You shouldn’t have left me in the darkness like that.

Gayoon’s words accidentally touched Jiyoon. She didn’t leave Gayoon as she had just known its existence a few minutes ago. To be exact, it was true that she was leaving someone out there in the dark. Kim Sunggyu. Jiyoon slowly swallowed her saliva. She was given 3 choices then. Staying at the chitchat which seemed to probably last til late. Or going back to the tent to sleep, which was what she wanted. Or taking the way back to the shortcut where Sunggyu was waiting for her. Jiyoon looked through the sparkling flames to the darker side of the surrounding. She couldn’t see anything even though she did crane her neck to get rid of the flame. Was he still there? Suddenly, Jiyoon realized what was on her mind then was no more sleeping but the image of Sunggyu leaning towards a big old tree.

Jiyoon stood up and intervened the song the others were singing along with the guitar of L.

-          Sorry guys – She said – I gotta go now. Can’t stand my sleepiness anymore.

She pulled on a sleepy face and waved goodbye to them. Hah, funny how her being sleepy made itself a reasonable excuse to go meeting Sunggyu. Jiyoon quickly walked back to the shortcut, to the place where she last saw Sunggyu about 15 minutes ago. But there was no one there. Jiyoon looked around for a few times, tried to widen her eyes with the flashlight sweeping all around to find Sunggyu but useless. What the hell he was doing then? Trying to play with her? Jiyoon sighed and raised her voice roughly:

-          Ya Kim Sunggyu-ssi where are you? You called me here and you left, huh? – Jiyoon tried to speak louder as she thought Sunggyu might be somewhere around, trying to joke her – Ok, if you don’t show up, I’m going now. Don’t ever try to talk with me in privacy anymore!

There was a strange sound from a bush beside Jiyoon, making her startle and jump away from it. Arising from the bush, Sunggyu pouted:

-          You are really impatient. I thought you would take longer to come.

Jiyoon took a glance at Sunggyu standing up from the ground, sweeping dust out of his clothes and smirked:

-          Don’t tell me that you have been sleeping since I was gone!  

-          Er – Sunggyu awkwardly scratched his head – Just a bit. But it’s ok!

-          You’re tired, huh?

The girl asked and Sunggyu denied right away:

-          No I’m not!

-          Don’t lie to me – Jiyoon interrupted with a frown on her eyebrows and her flashback. She had turned it off since Sunggyu appeared and they just could see the other vaguely due to toe dim light from the campfire. – I can see clearly that you’re tired.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes around:

-          Uhm – He swallowed his saliva and tried to pretend like there was nothing – I’m fine. Don’t worry, just feel a bit sleepy.

-          Go back and sleep. – Jiyoon commanded – How could we talk when we are both sleepy?

-          But I…

-          Go!

Funny how at that point of time, the strong leadership in Sunggyu was gone and being with Jiyoon turned him into someone-not-him. He couldn’t react to any of her words properly, in the way he dominated each conversation among the members of his group. Didn’t it mean that Jiyoon had changed a lot, become much more stronger or that Sunggyu’s one and only weakness was to be with her?

That Sunggyu took time to react made Jiyoon a bit impatient. She had been anticipating a talk between them since the moment she saw him running down the hill to the paddle field and honestly speaking, that was the chance. But the other side of her mind urged her to command him so, she’d rather let go of this chance to talk in order not to waste his precious time for resting.

-          If you don’t go, I’ll go.

Then Jiyoon lifted her feet to walked to the opposite direction. However, she was suddenly held back…

… as Sunggyu quickly wrapped his arms around her neck. His head was then next to hers, sending Jiyoon shiver along her spine. She could apparently felt the hot breath of him and could hear clearly his voice whispering into her ear:

-          I’ll listen to you this time but next time, I won’t. You have to spare me a little bit of your time – he emphasized – sooner or later.

Who said Sunggyu become weak when there was Jiyoon around? Nope, he wanted to prove that no matter when the time was, he was always the one to take the lead in their relationship just like before!

Jiyoon didn’t move her head to see him. She knew that she couldn’t do it or else she might possibly be kissed by him on the cheek (who knew!). Therefore, Jiyoon just looked straight:

-          I’m just afraid you don’t have such time, Sunggyu-ssi! Now please allow me to go back to my tent!

Sunggyu smirked as he loosened his grip. But as quickly as he could, Sunggyu gave Jiyoon a peck on her cheek before she could ran away. And even added when she had walked away for a few steps:

-          Don’t ever call me Sunggyu-ssi. We’re not that strange, Jiyoon ah!

Jiyoon rolled her eyes. Even in the dark, she could feel herself blushing and her cheek, where Sunggyu had just put a kiss on, was like burning.

The next morning, the two groups woke up a bit late since they had stayed up til 3pm just to chat chit. They did some of the work for the village before wrapping up recording and getting on the van to go back to Seoul. There was barely any spare time for neither Sunggyu or Jiyoon to be able to talk privately. To be more precise, they didn’t have time to think of it as both Infinite and 4Minute had to cover up a potential scandal.

Not “A” but “ANOTHER”. 

-          I think – Gayoon sniffed, whispering to Jiyoon while they were heading back to Seoul – our company should cooperate with Woollim to realease Trouble Maker version 2. Them two are totally troublemakers!