A Leader Should... Part 3

Isn't It Destiny?

 

Sunggyu, once again, breathed deeply and stared at the girl:

 

-          Yes. I’m wrong. I’m not beating around the bush now.

 

Taking a step nearer to Jiyoon, he reached out his hands to put on her shoulder:

 

-          I’m sorry for not telling you everything but I admit I shouldn’t have left you like that. And now I’m asking you of you are still leaving a way back to your heart for me?

 

-          Everything? – Jiyoon asked back with doubt – I have never heard of that “everything” you mentioned. And if you’re not beating around the bush, you should tell me that everything.

 

-          You want to?

 

-          Uhm – Jiyoon nodded – Even if it is as crazy as what is happening right now that you are asking me to leave you a way back. I’m willing to come here so I’m willing to listen to you.

 

Jiyoon’s words, though a bit bitter and hurtful, somehow gave Sunggyu encouragement to reveal the secret. It was not the secret between him and the manager but it was the secret between him and the other members of Infinite as well as the secret that both Infinite and 4Minute had never heard of before.

 

-          Do you remember the time when Hyuna and Woohyun were caught going out at midnight back then?

 

-          Uh…And the next day, they were all on the newspapers. Hyuna didn’t tell us that they were in a serious relationship but somehow with that we could guess so.

 

-          Okay – Sunggyu went on when he received Jiyoon’s attention and enthusiasm towards his story – Of course we both know that it was not a good thing at all, right? And since we were struggling with proving ourselves in showbiz, that was not something we should do.

 

-          So you mean that our relationship should be also treated like that?

 

-          No no – Sunggyu hurriedly waved his hand to deny – I don’t mean that but our managers, both Infinite and 4Minute’s managers agreed that they should extinguish the news right away so they told me and Jihyun-ssi to urge them to stop dating.

 

-          Nam Jihyun? – Jiyoon seemed to be surprised when hearing that Jihyun related to this matter – She didn’t even tell us about that!

 

-          She had to as it was top-secret and only leaders should know. The reason for Woohyun and Hyuna to stop was just simple that we went on with Japan venture while recording a new single and you guys had to participate in a new variety series. They had to be aparted.

Jiyoon slightly frowned her eyebrows. She had never expected this would happen. That the relationship had to be terminate by busy schedule due to maintaining their popularity among fans. From the start, when she decided to become an idol, Jiyoon knew that she had to sacrifice her personal feelings towards guys to dedicate to her fans but being stopped from a relationship that way, she couldn’t stand it. How could she bear the feeling of not seeing the guy she loved as both of them were too busy? How could she bear the fact that when she went out, she had to report to the managers like Hyuna had to do back then? Then Jiyoon finally realized why Hyuna felt so depressed those days. That decision from the managers was so harsh for that girl. But, it was for Hyuna and Woohyun, who had been caught dating by press. How about Sunggyu and Jiyoon? They weren’t caught dating in the public at all!

Her curiosity was transferred to her question:

 

-          So does it have anything relating to us?

 

-          Of course it doesn’t…

 

-          And nobody knew our relationship back then, did they?

 

-          Actually only Woohyunnie and our manager knew.

 

Sunggyu was a bit blushed saying so. And his face even turned red when Jiyoon said with her straight face:

 

-          So you mean that even though we hadn’t been caught but as you were a leader, you had to be a role model for the whole group, right? And that Woohyun was banned from dating Hyuna made you think that you shouldn’t date me, either or else he would complain about that and the manage won’t trust you anymore, right? Is it just a matter of what a leader should do, right?

 

Three questions had been given to Sunggyu at once. The guy was not so surprised as she could guess the reason that easily but instead he was a surprised, no, it should be that he was frozen as in a while, Sunggyu realized how stupid he was. Yes, he was so stupid when he kept on clinging to the fact that he was a leader and he should act as a leader. A leader was also human, he could be the role model but it didn’t mean he had to sacrifice all. He also had his own private life to live as well. And Jiyoon was his own private life. Why did he had to leave her with those reasons, which he had never though whether Woohyun and his manager had ever thought of or not?

 

-          Was it so dumb of me?

 

He asked, waiting for a smirk, or even other hurtful words from her. But Jiyoon only said coldly:

 

-          You are a true leader.

 

Which made Sunggyu have no idea if it was a compliment or something opposite. Jiyoon didn’t show any expression at all.

 

-          But I shouldn’t do that, right?

 

-          No, you should. Because Infinite is much more important to you. And you should keep your image as a role model like that.

 

-          Seriously?

 

-          Yes. I might be right to accept you leaving. Without me, you have more time to care about your members. Ah…and you think that now you don’t need to attract more fans so you can come back to me?

 

Sunggyu sighed and smiled. A hopeless smile on his face. He had become a bad guy for Jiyoon. He was someone who loved her, made her fall in love and then dumped her like nothing had happened. And wasn't it that he was receiving punishment right then?

 

However, Jiyoon seemed to realize that she had gone so far with her words. That was why she lowered her voice:

 

-          I’m just joking. But somehow…for your question about leaving a way…I think it…impossible.

 

-          But – Sunggyu insisted – can we start all over again? I mean at least, as friends like before?

 

Jiyoon hesitated. So, after breakup, they were nothing for each other? Not boyfriend or girlfriend, not even friend?

 

-          So you didn’t consider me your friend ever since we broke up? – She asked.

 

-          It was because I kept wondering if my special feelings for you still existed and that you seemed to not give me a chance to restart that relationship.

 

-          A true leader – Jiyoon mumbled – You always take the lead in everything, even in apologizing like this.

 

-          Is it a compliment? Or…

 

-          A compliment – Jiyoon answered right away – Don’t worry. Your leadership will not be badly talked about.

 

-          It’s like you are mocking me.

 

Jiyoon looked at Sunggyu, who was slightly pouting at her words. A smile was on her face then. She had never found herself stop smiling at that cute expression of him. And in an unconscious moment of her, Jiyoon heard her saying to Sunggyu:

 

-          Ya Kim Sunggyu, you’re really unbelievable! How can’t we be friends?

 

What had just happened to Jiyoon? She didn’t even acknowledge that she had just backed to the way she teasingly called Sunggyu during their happy times. And she didn’t even know that she had just left a way for Sunggyu to back to her heart.

She had no acknowledgement at all. It seemed like something forced her to do so. It was not herself, Jiyoon was sure about that.

*********************************************************

Okay, so I'm done with revealing the reason why they broke up. but of course not done with revealing how their relationship is going to be. They have just been back to the beginning stage, which means there will be a lot more to talk about. Stay tuned for more updates. Thanks!