Date: 21 Apr | Still I miss you - Part 2

Isn't It Destiny?

 

Woohyun Hyuna-          1,2,3 …

 

 Hyuna entered the park and counted each stone chair. And there was the 7th one in a hidden corner of the park, behind a big old tree. An ideal place for a secret meeting like that.

 

Woohyun was sitting on the chair, with a big coat covering to nearly half of his face. Seeing Hyuna, he reached out his hand to wave her.

 

Hyuna came and sat down next to Woohyun. There was a rather big gap between them. Even though he had given her a piggy back ride, it didn’t mean that she could sit near him.

 

-          So what’s your special treatment?

 

Woohyun raised a question right when Hyuna sat down.

 

-          Er… It’s just a joke. For fun – Hyuna shrugged – You know. But I have this for you.

 

Then she put her hand onto her coat and took out a small bottle. Woohyun looked at the bottle and was about to ask what it was when Hyuna went on:

 

-          It’s pain reliever. Put it on your back and tell your member to massage for you a bit.

 

-          Why not you?

 

Woohyun had another question but this one, according to Hyuna, was so crazy and weird of him.

 

-          You think so? – She raised one eyebrow.

 

-          Yup – He nodded mischievously.

 

-          Woohyun-ssi ,this is not right at all – Hyuna looked down on her finger and said awkwardly – We are not..er that close…

I mean this is only our first talk…er…

 

-          So should I become your friend to be closer to you?

 

-          Huh?

 

Hyuna’s eyes became round. She had never expected something like this from Woohyun – the guys who she had got to know officially for only 2 days. But Woohyun put Hyuna’s hesitation down to be her not accepting.

 

-          So you don’t want me to be your friend? Are you afraid that I might annoy you? Or that Hyuna ssi has already been loved by so many people that she doesn’t need another friend?

 

-          No no, I absolutely don’t think so. Trust me. – Hyuna waved her hands to defend – I have never had that thought in mind.

 

-          If so, why are you hesitating?

 

-          Er…

 

Once again, hesitation came to Hyuna. She rolled her eyes to look around the park. It was late at night. The park was completely deserted with the dim light from neon lights above.

 

-          How should I say this? I…well…I don’t find that many people regard me as their ideal type something to be proud of. I mean it’s a bit awkward for me to talk with them later.

 

-          But I’m just asking to be your friend? – Woohyun interrupted.

 

-          We…- Hyuna couldn’t still say a proper sentence – That Bouquet show…

 

-          Ah – Woohyun grinned – Why are you worried about that? Don’t be so. At least for now I only have Seungyeon noona in my heart.

 

It was how Woohyun confirmed to Hyuna. That he just wanted to be her friend, a friend just like its pure meaning.

 

-          Ok – She nodded – Even if you’re my friend, it doesn’t mean I have to massage your back.

 

-          Of course you have – Woohyun winked and then lowered his voice – if you consider that joke something serious!

 

-          Ya!

 

Hyuna shouted loudly at Woohyun as he burst out laughing for his words. As a natural reaction, she reached out her hand and patted his shoulder quite hard while having a pouting face. But that didn’t refrain him from laughing. Instead, Woohyun even laughed more.

 

-          Ya, is there something funny with that?

 

-          No, no – Woohyun tried to stop laughing. He even sweated for laughing too much. – I just realize that your cuteness turns out to be not for broadcasting only!

 

-          You think I’m that kind of fake? – She sniffed.

 

-          I mean I was wrong!

 

-          Shh…you are really good with words, huh?

 

No matter what it was a compliment or not, it made both Hyuna and Woohyun smiled. The awkward barrier between them had been somehow lifted even though they had not been used to that.

 

-          But – Woohyun raised his voice. – I don’t really understand. That you said you found it uncomfortable when people chose you as their type?

 

-          Ah – Hyuna sighed – It was just my feeling. You know that when they choose me as their type, they would have a different manner with me compared to others. Usually more polite. But I don’t like it, I want to be treated equally. And I don’t like to treat them well as response for their choosing me! You might think it is a bit self-confident or arrogant or something but really…I think so.

 

Hyuna was saying honestly and Woohyun carefully listened to her. The atmosphere which was very humorous a few minutes ago suddenly saddened by their seriousness. Later, Woohyun lifted his head and looked into Hyuna’s eyes:

 

-          I got it. But don’t be burdened for it, just do what you want and live the way you like.

 

-          You should know that in showbiz, it is nearly impossible. – replied Hyuna and sighed.

 

-          That’s why you need a friend like me! – Woohyun said – you can be yourself, you can even abuse anyone with me. Trust me.

 

Hyuna looked at Woohyun with doubt. It was the second time they had ever met, the first official talk between the two of them and Woohyun was suggesting her to trust him. Could she?

 

At that time, Woohyun seemed to get Hyuna’s doubt. He stood up.

 

-          Think about it. Just give me a call if you want. I gotta go now. Good night!

 

Then he walked away into the van parked near there.

 

-End FLASHBACK-

 

Being reminded of their first meeting, all Hyuna could do was smiling. Nearly 3 years had passed and only Woohyun knew the truth. Hyuna didn’t know if he had revealed it to someone or not but up til now it seemed like that truth was still a secret, a secret between Hyuna and Woohyun. That day, she was 18, he was 19, innocent and therefore, voiced out all they wanted to say.  Hyuna wondered why she didn’t ask Woohyun the reason why he wanted to be her friend, why he wanted to get closer to her and why he wanted to meet another girl when he, as no more an ordinary fanboy but an idol, could easily approach his Han Seungyeon?

 

INFINITE’S DORM

 

-          Waaa…waaa…waaaa….Yeahhhh!!!!

 

-          Hyung ah, are you out of your mind?

 

Sungjong pulled a wry face and asked while walking out from the bathroom with the toothbrush in his mouth. It was 9am and Dongwoo did wake those sleepy persons up with his screaming out loud like that. Sungyeol replied to the maknae with a smirk:

 

-          Just be sympathized for him. He’s just got his girl’s phone number?

 

What Sungyeol said drew the other guys’ attention right away. L, who was drinking water nearby, asked back:

 

-          Who? 4Minute again?

 

-          Yo – Sungyeol raised his eyebrows with a trolling expression – You’re so quick, L ssi!

 

-          Shh… - L smirked and put the mug back to its place. – You guys have been talking so much about them for the last few days! How can’t I notice?

 

-          Sohyun, isn’t it?

 

Another question was added by Hoya and it was replied by a nod from both Sungyeol and Dongwoo. Sungyeol laughed as if he was the one to be praised:

 

-          I gave him Hyuna’s phone number…Didn’t know what he did but he has Sohyun’s number now.

 

Dongwoo smiled shyly while the three guys Hoya, L and Sungjong all looked at him, continuously nodded.

 

-          Hyung, you finally found your confidence. – Sungjong said, gave Dongwoo a thumb up.

 

-          He takes a bit long. – Hoya went on – Anyway, slow but stable, right hyung?

 

Their conversation was interrupted by Sunggyu walking out of his room and said tiredly:

 

-          Are you done? We have to hurry to go to the salon on time.

 

-          Okay hyung – The 5 “gossip guys” replied obediently – Just one more minute.

 

A few minutes later, they were all in the van, prepared to go to the salon for another music show that afternoon. As soon as Hoya sat on his seat, Sungjong whispered to his ear:

 

-          Hyung, you still don’t know why Sunggyu hyung is like that?

 

-          Uh – Hoya nodded – Even Woohyun doesn’t know, how can we?

 

The maknae sighed and he leaned towards the back of his seat. His facial expression was really serious. Even though he was nagged by the leader a lot, Sungjong felt a bit worried for Sunggyu’s recent emotion. He was the leader and he couldn’t let down the atmosphere among the whole group while they were in the middle of busy schedule. Sungjong wanted to say this to all of the member but he hadn’t found a suitable time to say.

 

They soon arrived at the salon. Each member got out of the van. Sungjong first, then it was Hoya, Sungyeol, L, Woohyun, Dongwoo. Sunggyu was the last to get off when all the members were already sitting on their seats in the salon as he had to discuss something with the manager.

 

As he took the first step into the salon, someone walked past him. A familiar face and familiar scent. He quickly turned his back but his eyes could only catch her brown short hair.

 

Walking into the salon, Sunggyu was welcomed with an announcement from Sungyeol:

 

-          Hyung, did you meet Jiyoon noona? She has just left.

 

-          What? – Sunggyu asked – Jiyoonie? She’s been here?

 

As soon as Sungyeol nodded to confirm, Sunggyu ran out to the door of the salon. His head started to think:

 

“Why didn’t I realize? It was her. That scent, only Jiyoon has it. But…”

 

He was running but suddenly Sunggyu stopped.

 

Why do I have to chase her? I don’t mean to do that, it was my legs’ natural reaction, right? Even if I could meet her, what would we talk about? As it would be so awkward of us, we would rather ignore each other, right?

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

2010

 

Sunggyu arrived at the salon with Infinite. Right when he walked into the salon, he saw Jiyoon sitting ont the chair next to his usual place. That was the girl he had just confessed to a few days ago. Even people would think it was only for broadcasting, nothing to be serious about but for Sunggyu, he definitely had feelings for that charismatic but cute girl.

Without hesitation, he came to sit down on the chair next to Jiyoon and said with the most natural manner he could have:

 

-          Annyeonghaseyo Jiyoon ssi!

 

Hearing someone call her name, Jiyoon turned around and she was a bit surprised to see Sunggyu next to her. But she calmed down herself and smiled to him:

 

-          Yes…Annyeonghaseyo. What are you doing here?

 

-          Just like you – Sunggyu shrugged – We have performance today.

 

-          Ah…

 

Jiyoon nodded and …that was all. They were so shy that they couldn’t think of anything else to talk, especially when there were two stylists behind, they appeared to be uncomfortable to talk.

 

-          Jiyoon ssi – Jiyoon’s stylist bended down to tell her – I’m done with makeup.

 

-          Ah…Thank you.

 

Jiyoon stood up and before leaving, she looked at Sunggyu.

 

-          I have to go now. See you around.

 

Then she turned her back and walked away. And right at that time, something dawned on Sunggyu. He must not let this moment slip away that easily. Sunggyu quickly called Jiyoon’s name and ran to her front:

 

-          Sorry…may I – He said breathlessly – may I have your phone number?

 

-          Phone number?

 

-          Yes. Phone number. Just in case I…I want to meet you again.

 

Jiyoon thought for a while and then she nodded:

 

-          Okay, you can save it.

 

-End FLASHBACK-

 

Sunggyu stood at the threshold of the salon, looking outside. No sign of Jiyoon.

 

He didn’t know how many times he had chased after her so far but he all had reason to chase after her. The first time,which flashbacked on his mind was for asking for her number, for starting a new relationship with her. But how about this time?

 

He turned back to sit on his chair. Seeing Dongwoo text a message with a bright smile, Sunggyu smiled. But he secretly gave him a sigh as well.