All Of The Sudden?

Isn't It Destiny?

 

The recording, luckily, didn’t end as late as Sohyun had expected. It was a good thing anyway that she still had time for a dinner with her mom before taking mom home and staying for a night at her lovely house.

 

When Sohyun and mom were merrily talking after the recording was closed, Dongwoo and his mom approached. The mom asked politely:

 

-          Hi Sohyunnie, do you feel any better? You’re really amazing, little girl!

 

-          Ah yeah – Sohyun quickly pulled a smiley face – I’m feeling fine now. Thank you for your care.

 

Turning to Sohyun’s mom, Dongwoo’s mom asked:

 

-          You have to go home now? Is it far?

 

-          Not very…

 

-          So are you willing to visit our small restaurant for dinner? It’s not so late now and I like your little daughter already!

 

Both moms laughed merrily. Sohyun knew it was just a polite compliment but apparently, she was blushing a lot while her mom wrapped her arms around her shoulder and said to Dongwoo’s mom:

 

-          Of course we’re willing to. This girl always does crazy things like that. I gave up with her already!

 

===

 

It seemed that both moms shared a lot of things in common, especially in bringing up children. They talked a lot together and with Dongwoo’s father, who decided to close the restaurant early for treating well the two special guests, about their kids – idols and what was their difficulties to have such famous children. As parents had so many things to share, Dongwoo and Sohyun hardly had chance and of course convenience to talk privately.

 

When the meal had gone for halfway, Dongwoo stood up and politely intervened his parents:

 

-          I’m sorry but shall I show Sohyun around our restaurant?

 

-          Definitely son – His father merrily replied – Take your time! You might have a lot to show her!

 

Sohyun, in contrst, was a bit shy. She reluctantly glanced at her mom to ask for permission. And luckily, her mother gave her a nod.

 

The second floor of the restaurant was much smaller. Like the lower floor, it was decorated with Dongwoo’s photos and gifts from fans. Sohyun slowly walked around the room and looked at each stuff displayed on the lounge. Seemed like Dongwoo was gaining more and more popularity these days for his bright characteristics. Sohyun found herself smiling “He is no longer the shy guy of the previous 3 years”

 

Being deep into thoughts, Sohyun didn’t know that Dongwoo came behind her with two cups of coffee on his hands.

 

-          Sohyun ah?

 

He lightly called her name. Even so, it still startled Sohyun a bit.

 

-          Er…what’s up?

 

-          Come here and take a seat. Coffee is much better than soju.

 

Dongwoo came to sat down on the small cushion on a nearby table. He put two coffee cups on the table and told her:

 

-          How’s the octopus?

 

Smirked. Was there anything else except for that he could use to start a conversation? Sighed. They were still awkward with each other after all.

 

Sohyun also sat down in front of Dongwoo and winked mischievously:

 

-          What if I said it was not so delicious?

 

-          Maybe next time I wouldn’t bring you here for another treat? – Dongwoo asked back, tapped his fingers on the table to make some rhythm.

 

-          I’m just joking – She quickly corrected – It was fresh but a bit…er…spicy…I can’t eat much spicy food.

 

-          Okay. -  Dongwoo grinned – Take note.

 

Then the conversation fell into silence when both of them just clinged their hands to the cups while looking down on the table awkwardly.

 

All of the sudden, Dongwoo gave a suggestion:

 

-          How about we go outside? It’s a bit hot inside.

 

-          Uh…

 

Sohyun agreed right away as it was really hot inside the room. Maybe going outside helps them overcome awkwardness. It was just “somehow” but still it’s worth a try.

 

Then Dongwoo took Sohyun to the terrace. It was really a difference. The wind was breezing. From here Sohyun could see an immense sky of twinkling stars above her head. It was absolutely a romantic and inspiring scene. Her curiosity suddenly rose:

 

-          You usually go here to write your rap, don’t you?

 

-          Huh? – Dongwoo put a smile on his face for Sohyun’s sudden question but then he breathed out while replying – Yep…This place belongs to me.

 

-          It’s just amazing… - Sohyun replied pointlessly. – I have been dreamt of having such a personal space like this.

 

Saying those words, it wasn’t Sohyun’s intention. She was just impressed with the sight in front of her eyes. But what Dongwoo told her impressed, ah no, surprised her more:

 

-          You can definitely come here if you want to…I will take you here!

 

Sohyun didn’t believe in what she had just heard from Dongwoo. Had he just told her that if she wanted to, he could take her here? Wasn’t there any possibility that he wanted to meet Sohyun for another time? Deep from inside, Sohyun wanted to meet him more, at least to thank him for helping her earlier that afternoon but after all, she wasn’t the one to say it first. Sohyun glanced at Dongwoo and found him also looking at her. He wasn’t smiling at all. Instead, a serious expression was on his face. They looked at each other for a while like that. After a few seconds, Dongwoo actively looked to another direction and said awkwardly:

 

-          I intended to say this earlier but…I didn’t find any confidence to tell you…

 

Sohyun kept silent. She didn’t want to interrupt him.

 

-          We’ve got to know for 3 years. A long time, right?

 

-          Uhm – Sohyun weakly nodded.

 

-          It’s so dumb of me not to tell you this during all those years…But maybe now I’ve found confidence…

 

Then he turned to Sohyun and pulled out his hand to her front:

 

-          Shall we be friends from now on? Official friends, not just people who know each other by name!

 

Sohyun hesitated. Was that what she had been longing for? No, that thing was something much more. Or less? She even didn’t know what she wanted was…

 

But still, having a friend was good thing. That was why Sohyun sniffed and then grabbed his hand.

 

They shook hands.

 

Sohyun and her mom left Dongwoo’s house at 9pm. They headed to her house at a nearby city. Sohyun would have a night with her family before coming back to Seoul the next morning. On the way driving home, seeing the little daughter keeping on looking outside the window and smiling to herself secretly, Sohyun’s mom asked:

 

-          So..You guys had a great time together, huh?

 

-          What are you saying mommy?

 

-          I said – Her mom smirked – That guy fulfilled your dream of having someone to take you out, huh?

 

-          Mommy! – Sohyun pouted. She couldn’t let her mom know what happened between her and Dongwoo. It sounded a bit too soon and also, she was afraid that mom wouldn’t permit her to have a close friendship with another idol. – Are you mocking at me? I hadn’t never dreamt of that.

 

-          Oh my daughter…I’m your mother. I know what’s on your mind! But guys are not always trustful, remember!

 

Oh mom. Sohyun exclaimed inside. Why was her mom trying to warn her such the thing when she was in a good mood like that?

 

Arriving at home, Sohyun took her phone and called Jihyun at once. She couldn’t wait any longer to reveal it to her best sister in 4Minute. Anyway, telling Jihyun was better than telling mom as Jihyun had passed Sohyun’s age for not so long while for mom, it was more than a decade!

 

-          Unnie – Sohyun whispered excitedly when Jihyun picked up the phone. She was sitting in the toilet in order not to capture mom’s attention – You know what’s just happened to me?

 

-          What is what? – Jihyun replied sleepily. She might be sleeping then. – Are you at your house already?

 

-          I’m in the toilet now – Sohyun grinned – Today was amazing!

 

-          I heard you nearly fainted this afternoon. Was that what you want to tell me? You idiot, a show isn’t worth doing so!

 

Sohyun was 90% sure that Jihyun got that news from either Hoya – who might be informed about this by Dongwoo or someone from Secret who also joined the game. A leader always knew which was the best source to get information about her members. But that was not what Sohyun wanted to tell Jihyun. She tried to calm down the leader:

 

-          Okay okay, I remember. But you know, Dongwoo oppa…He asked me to be his friend!

 

-          Friend? – Jihyun asked back with continuous questions – When? How? Girlfriend or just friend?

 

Sohyun giggled:

 

-          Of course just friend. A few hours ago. On the terrace of his family’s restaurant. I and my mother were invited to a dinner by his mom.

 

-          Yo Kwon Sohyun! – Sohyun heard Jihyun’s voice was full of admiration – You’re  so lucky. But anyway – Jihyun lowered her voice – You still need to be careful. Take Hyuna and Jiyoonie as examples. Those Infinite guys were not just simple.

 

Once again, Sohyun’s good mood was let down. This time by the mother of 4Minute. Why all the mother had to warn their daughters to be careful with guys? He just wanted to be normal friend, wasn’t there something with that?

 

But Sohyun knew that she shouldn’t appear to disobey:

 

-          Okay I know. But unnie, isn’t that you are getting more closer to Hoya oppa? I bet you got the news of me fainting from him!

 

Jihyun kept silent for about 3 seconds and then she scolded Sohyun:

 

-          Ya, it doesn’t matter who I got it from! Go to bed early, kid! You gotta be here early for practicing!

 

-          Got it! – Sohyun answered with giggle. Jihyun was always like that when she was busted. – Good night unnie!

 

-          See ya tomorrow!