Sooner Or Later - P2

Isn't It Destiny?

The darkness quickly fell and everything around turned into black. All the members came back to their tents to wait for their next mission. The mission of making dinner seemed to be an easy one after they came up with the idea of cooperation but that night, they were informed that they had to do the next task separately, which meant there would be no cooperation anymore.

 

-          What kind of task is this? – Gayoon exclaimed when she read the task notebook – Why do we have to deliver supper to those guys in this dark weather?

 

-          Come on unnie – Hyuna said, playing with the boxes filled with snacks – You know that there will surely be VJs going with you! It’s not that dangerous!

 

The 4Minute girls were discussing when the PD entered their tent and informed them to start the task. They would have 2 hours to deliver and come back to their tent. However, unlike what Hyuna said, they had to go ON THEIR OWN!

 

-          See?  - Gayoon seemed to be a bit freaked out after hearing the rule – I said it was totally dangerous. PD-nim, isn’t there any other game?

 

-          Don’t worry Gayoon-ssi – The PD tried to calm down Gayoon – We arranged our staff to follow you around but they won’t go too near you.

 

-          Gayoon ah – Jihyun added – There wouldn’t be anything. They know how to protect us.

 

Even though they showed their confidence when departed, none of the members of 4Minute were completely confident with going almost alone in a dark and quiet area like that.

 

SOHYUN’S CAMERA

 

“Oh my god, it is surely scary to go out at night like this! Even scarier than entering the ghost house at amusement park. I don’t know if I can find Infinite’s tent easily as it is kinda dark in my route and all I have are this” She showed a box of snacks to the camera’s lens “and of course, the camera with flashlight.”

 

JIYOON’S CAMERA

 

“Yes, I’m walking past a narrow road surrounded with big old trees. People say that ghosts usually haunt big old trees but luckily tonight is a full-moon night and well…” She took a deep breathe and looked at the camera “I hope the moonlight is bright enough to prevent the ghosts from appearing in front of me. Am I scared? Yep, of course, going out at night all alone is not a good thing for a girl like me at all but still, staffs are somewhere around here so…” Jiyoon then looked down on her wristwatch “er…maybe I have to hurry. I’m sleepy to death now. Ahhhhhh!!!!”

 

When Jiyoon’s eyes had just left her wristwatch and took a look to her front, she let out a loud scream. Someone was standing right there, in front of her. Not one, but even two. Ghosts? Jiyoon heart began to thump at a fast pace and all she wanted was to run but her legs were like frozen that she couldn’t move even just a little bit. She screamed once more time, hoping the staff might hear her voice. This was truly danger! The PD had said that there would not be danger to them! He was completely wrong!

 

As Jiyoon was trembling and sweating hard, the two white creatures approached nearer. Then a familiar voice came to Jiyoon’s ear:

 

-          Er…Jiyoon noona? Why are you here?

 

Jiyoon rubbed her eyes and tried to widened them. Hadn’t she just heard Woohyun’s voice? Why was he here, at that point of time? But if it were Woohyun, then who might be the one going with him? Suddenly, it her heart with a name, the name of the person who she had expected to talk with for the whole day but just in vain.

 

-          Woohyunnie?

 

Jiyoon asked for confirmation. And then, the two guys came out under the silver moonlight. It was exactly Woohyun, in his grey hoodie with a basket on his hand. And next to him, it was just right as her expectation. Kim Sunggyu was there.

 

Jiyoon sighed with relief. Her legs and hands regained their flexibility. At least, it was Woohyun and Sunggyu, not ghosts. She was happy for that,even though she know Sunggyu might not talk to her as he had done so far during the show as well as ever since their talk at the park near her dorm.

 

Woohyun, once again, repeated his question:

 

-          Why are you out this late, noona?

 

-          Ah – Jiyoon raised the box of snack she was holding – I was doing punishment task. To deliver these things to you guys. And you?

 

-          We? – Woohyun smiled – We lost in a game and this is also our punishment. To give you guys this.

 

He also showed her the basket full of cupcakes and chocolates. After the short Q&A, they seemed to run out of words to say. Woohyun actively took a glance of Jiyoon and Sunggyu:

 

-          Maybe I gotta go now. Hyung – He turned to Sunggyu – you’d better follow Jiyoon noona to protect her. Who knows what would happen on the way to her!

 

Being done with saying, Woohyun quickly ran into the darkness. But Jiyoon was still able to call him and pointed to another road connected to the road they were standing by a bridge:

 

-          Woohyun ah, Hyuna was going that way.

 

-          Thank you noona.

 

Woohyun thanked her with a happy voice. Jiyoon smiled. That boy might go directly to find Hyuna instead of finding way to go to their tent. No need to say, when Hyuna was discharged from the hospital, Jiyoon had secretly noticed her smiling most of the time and keeping on texting all day. Jiyoon thought it might be because of Hyuna’s being healthy but it was when she came across Hyuna’s phone which was left with the message unlocked that she realized the real reason behind it was no other than Woohyun. Jiyoon didn’t know exactly what happened back then at the hospital but for sure, it must have been something meaningful and sweet to that little girl.

 

Turning back to her direction, Jiyoon’s eyes met Sunggyu’s. And she lowered her eyes:

 

-          Where is your tent?

 

-          Follow me.

 

Sunggyu just said shortly, which made Jiyoon wondered what kind of feelings he had for her then. As she remembered, he had told her that he wanted her to leave him a way back to her heart but all he had been doing so far seemed to go against his suggestion. Or he was trying to play with her?

 

-          Are you ok? – Sunggyu asked, seemed a bit awkwardly.

 

-          Uhm…I’m ok – Jiyoon replied, also awkwardly – But you guys startled me.

 

-          I’m sorry. But…At least, you guys should protest this kind of game. Even though there is staff going with you, no one can be sure of your safety.

 

-          It’s just a game.

 

-          I know but if there were something – Sunggyu stressed but then he quickly made up his word – I don’t mean so but just supposed that, it might affect your other schedule.

 

-          But things are already said and done.

 

Jiyoon was still stubborn. But it was reasonable of her. So far, except for Sunggyu and Woohyun’s sudden entrance, there was nothing at all. And Sunggyu had no reason to appear that  worried for her, as for his coldness to her up to a few minutes ago. People said women were complicated and hard to understand but men were nothing better than that. Sunggyu was a typical example.

 

Jiyoon followed Sunggyu’s direction but unluckily, she couldn’t imagine that the guy also couldn’t remember the way back to his tent well. It was when they turned to the right alley at a crossroad and walked straight ahead for a while that Jiyoon’s phone rang. One of the VJ was calling her:

 

-          What’s up unnie?

 

Jiyoon asked the VJ and what replied her was a full-of-nerve voice from the VJ:

 

-          Jiyoon-ssi, where are you? We can’t see you.

 

-          What?  - Jiyoon questioned – I’m still on the way to Infinite’s tent.

 

-          You must be on the wrong way – The VJ insisted – Which alley did you take? We were waiting for you at the left alley.

 

“Left alley?” Jiyoon pulled on a wondering face. She used her hand to cover the phone’s mic and turned to Sunggyu:

 

-          Which way did we take? Right or left?

 

-          Er? – Sunggyu startled a bit – Right. Is there something?

 

-          Oh no!

 

Jiyoon exclaimed and then she talked to the phone.

 

-          Unnie, I’ll be there soon. I’m truly on the wrong way.

 

Hanging up the phone, Jiyoon put it into her pocket and turned around, about to run as fast as possible to the crossroad. But quickly, she was held back by Sunggyu’s grabbing her by her wrist. Jiyoon grimaced at the guy and said with a voice which showed her irritation:

 

-          What? Don’t you see that we are on the wrong way? I have no time to waste here. I need to go to sleep as soon as possible!

 

-          Can’t we just talk?

 

Sunggyu directly gave a question. But it seemed like shortness didn’t work well. That was why he had to add more words:

 

-          I’ve been waiting for this moment so long. We’ve got no time to be together up til now. Can’t we talk?

 

-          I said I was sleepy!

 

Jiyoon did want to talk with Sunggyu, for sure. But at that time, all she wanted to do was finishing the task and coming back to her tent, sleeping til the break of dawn. Even though that point of time should be highly appreciated and taken full advantage of as they obviously wouldn’t be together like that the whole next morning, Jiyoon just wanted to sleep. She had been tired after a long hardworking day. Couldn’t he understand her even for a bit?

 

Sunggyu lowered his voice when seeing Jiyoon react that consistently:

 

-          Uhm…If you want to, then we’ll go.

 

Then Sunggyu still kept Jiyoon hand on his grab, pulled her along with him to go deeper into the right alley, which was the wrong way according to the VJ. On realizing they were going the opposite direction, Jiyoon hurriedly tried to pushed back:

 

-          Wait wait, I have to go that way. This way is not right.

 

Sunggyu didn’t say word. He used all of his strength, urged Jiyoon to lift her feet and follow him. However, it turned out that Sunggyu didn’t forget the way. Instead, he was taking Jiyoon on a shortcut as just after about 3 minutes of walking, pulling, pushing of them, Jiyoon could see blurrily the sight of Infinite tent, with a campfire burning in front and the sound of giggle from the people sitting around the campfire caught Jiyoon.

 

Suddenly, Sunggyu let go out Jiyoon’s wrist. He slightly shook his head towards the tent:

 

-          You go first.

 

-          And you?

 

Jiyoon looked at him with doubt. She didn’t know what he was about to do next.

 

-          I’ll wait here – Sunggyu shrugged – in case you don’t want them guys to tease you for going with me.

 

Jiyoon nodded her head and headed towards Infinite and 4Minute members sitting over there. But she was called back with a firm voice from Sunggyu:

 

-          I’m waiting – He stressed – FOR YOU here. Remember.

 

She took a glance of him with a corner of her left eye, hesitated for a while and then decided to go on without answering him back even though she knew he was waiting for a confirmation “yes” from her.

 

****************************************************************************

Hey guys, another update for this chapter. So sorry for taking so long to update but anyway, here it comes :) Enjoy and give me your opinions about it. Thanks!