What Happened At Midnight? - Part 1

Isn't It Destiny?

The next morning, Sohyun was on the way back to Seoul when she heard a shocking news:

 

-          Ya Sohyun ah – Jihyun was the one informing Sohyun the news – Hyuna had to be hospitalized, you just go back directly to our dorm!

 

-          What? – Sohyun was surprised – Hospitalized? She was still healthy yesterday!

 

-          That’s the problem – Jihyun replied in a hurry – The doctor said she was dehydrated for working too much and had to stay in hospital for a while. Maybe we will perform without her this week.

 

Hanging up the phone, Jihyun quickly climbed on the van in which Gayoon and Jiyoon were waiting for her to go to the hospital.

 

Meanwhile, Sohyun told her manager:

 

-          Oppa, take me to Seoul center hospital instead. Hyuna unnie had to be hospitalized.

 

The two vans ran at high speed, carrying the four girls with worrying faces. Hyuna had to work much more than them so her being worn out was something understandable but none of them had ever imagined things would reach such a level.

 

Seeing Hyuna sleeping on the white bed with nutrition fluid injected into her hand, the four members couldn’t help feeling their hearts sink. But they all told each other not to cry, even though Hyuna wouldn’t see it. Jiyoon whispered:

 

-          It’s not time we cried. She’s done so much for the group, we should try harder or else we’d waste all her effort.

 

All of them nodded with agreement. The girls themselves knew that everything Hyuna did even her solo venture, was for 4Minute’s popularity so they had no reason to be jealous of what she had gained. Instead, it was merely worry for that little girl. She had to lose some weights before the comeback, she had to practice and she had been through something with Woohyun – maybe an emotional shock, all those things added up to the result of hospitalization like that.

 

Gayoon whispered:

 

-          We’ll should go back now. It’s late already!

 

Until then did they realize it was late. They had been at the hospital from the early morning, took care of Hyuna for such a long time.

 

When the last came out and closed the door, the room turned dark and extremely quiet. Hyuna, after a long sleep, tiredly opened her eyes and found that everyone was gone. Looking up to the place where she thought that it might be the ceiling, Hyuna slightly sighed.

 

Right then, the door suddenly opened. In the dark, Hyuna heard the sound of it opening. Not smooth. It meant that someone was entering secretly. An invisible fear, all of the sudden, dominated Hyuna’s heart and mind. Her shaking hand moved and she took the pillow, held it tight, prepared to hit that person in case he or she had a bad intention with her.

 

Then she heard the footstep. Sneakers, Hyuna could be sure about that. It  came nearer,nearer…Hyuna tried to lie calmly to wait.

 

When the sound was next to her and stopped, Hyuna, with all her strengths, sat up and used the pillow to hit as hard as possible towards that person. She also intended to call for help by screaming loudly but she only got to scream one word “Ya!” when there was a hand covering , stopping her from screaming.

 

Next, the sleeping light – the lime green light above her bed was . And what Hyuna saw was a guy in black jacket was standing in front of her, with his hand still covering Hyuna’s mouth.

 

He was no other than Woohyun!

 

Surprised. That was the only word which could described Hyuna at that time. How could she imagine that Woohyun would know she was in the hospital and come in a secret way like that? Wasn’t it…wasn’t Woohyun honest to say that he still cared about Hyuna?

 

-          Why are you here?

 

Even though she was surprised and was like going wild with all her thoughts inside, Hyuna tried to be indifferent to see Woohyun coming. She sat down on her bed and put the pillow back to its original position. She didn’t turn on the neon light. Somehow, Hyuna didn’t want people to notice or else they might find that Woohyun had just come.

 

-          You don’t expect me to come?

 

Woohyun replied with a question. Hyuna nodded but then shook her head. The guy went on with another question:

 

-          Are you ok?

 

-          You think it – Hyuna took a glanced of the injection on her left hand – is ok?

 

Woohyun sniffed. Their conversation so far had been all questions. Then he took out from his jacket’s pocket a small pack and give Hyuna:

 

-          Take it.

 

-          What’s that?

 

-          Stop asking me and just take it. You just need to know that it’s not poison.

 

Hyuna shrugged but she still opened the pack Woohyun had just given. It was a box, full of milk chocolate bar – the most favorable snack ever of Hyuna. She liked chocolate so much that she could eat it all day but for the last few months, she was banned from chocolate for diet. Hence, that Woohyun brought her chocolate was just like bringing her treasure.

 

-          Chocolate – Woohyun said – might help you recover quick. At least that’s all I know.

 

-          Thank you. – Hyuna interrupted – That’s very kind of you to visit me.

 

-          I gotta go now.

 

Saying so, Woohyun zipped his jacket and was about to go when something dawned on Hyuna. She still hadn’t asked him a question. An important question. Whether he came here not only for giving her those chocolates.

 

-          Oppa, wait!

 

-          What? – Woohyun stopped at the threshold.

 

-          You don’t want to feed me a piece of chocolate?  - Hyuna used her nagging voice – I’m too tired to eat by myself.

 

She could clearly see Woohyun looking at her with doubt.  And she was also looking at him. One second, two second, three second, she turned to another direction and went on:

 

-          Uhm…if you don’t want to then you don’t need to do…Have a good sleep.

 

Woohyun didn't walk towards Hyuna's bed. Instead, he walked out of the room, lightly closed the door just like the way he appeared. Hyuna smirked. She had just acted like a bad girl, called a boy to come to feed her. "Hah, aren't you embarrassed now Kim Hyuna?" She scolded herself "He didn't even look at you for once! Why on earth do you think that he would come here as he cares about you? It's just politeness, good manner after all!"

Right after Hyuna tried to get those thoughts out of her mind, the door once again opened. And to her utmost surprise, it wasn't the doctor nor the nurse. It was the same guy of a few minutes ago, with a cup of water on his hand.

Walking towards the bed and putting the water cup on the table, Woohyun sat down next to Hyuna, said:

-  You have to drink water after eating chocolate!