Encounter

Isn't It Destiny?

-          So…Do you guys have to look for your rivals? I mean us Infinite?

 

L asked Jihyun and Gayoon when they headed to see Sungyeol and Sungjong at the carriage.

 

-          Yes – Jihyun nodded – Actually we had just noticed someone like Sungjongie when you caught us.

 

The guy smirked. He surely had sharp eyes. Then he went on with another question:

 

-          And where are the other members?

 

-          You mean who? – Gayoon raised one of her eyebrows sarcastically – Our Hyuna? Ya…Kim Myungsoo-ssi…

 

Both girls chuckled for Gayoon’s warning for L. L, once again smirked but this time, with a bit awkwardness for being teased.

 

Among the members of Infinite, L was known as the rather quiet member and because of that, people usually questioned how many secrets he might bear and how many secrets he might know. For himself, he didn’t think he knew lots of secrets but those he knew might be mind-blowing. For example, Sunggyu would be totally pissed off if he knew that L got to see him kissing Jiyoon inside the elevator once nearly two years ago. The leader might not expect that one of the tenant in the block would suffer from insomnia at the middle of the night and went out to buy some food then caught in the action with the girl. Well…He saw what Sunggyu and Jiyoon didn’t want anyone to see. Another secret…Fan knew Woohyun had a huge craze for girlgroups but who of them knew that the craze that Dongwoo had for 4Minute, namely Sohyun was much bigger when he had all the photo cards of that girl hidden under his pillow without letting anyone know?Yup, no one knew except for the neat guy named L who discovered that secret while lifting the pillow and mattress to clean the room. And about that Hyuna…he knew the secret that the only one among his teammates who had true feelings for that girl was Woohyun and just Woohyun…What about him? L laughed inside.

 

He acknowledged that fans shipped him with many girls who had long wavy hair just like he described as his ideal type. Krystal, Suzy, Jiyeon and even Hyuna were among those. Well, it was his intention to give such a vague description as he found it interesting that people tried to guess his secret. And those 4Minute girls standing in front of him seemed to have the same thoughts with his fans. Well, just let them think so. It didn’t harm him either way.

 

Then L decided to shrug with Gayoon and Jihyun:

 

-          I mean the other members. Isn’t that 4Minute has 5 members and I only got 2 of you here? I want to catch all of you guys!

 

Following his words with an eyebrow raising, L was pretty sure that he drove the girls away from asking him more about Hyuna but still somehow kept them curious about his thoughts for her. Wasn’ t that something funny?

 

-          How much time left for us?

 

Jihyun asked Gayoon and the younger one looked at her watch.

 

-          We only have more than one and a half hour to finish our task and find all Infinite members. Ahhh …

 

Something had just dashed through Gayoon’s mind as she pulled on a mischievous smile and gave Jihyun a glance as if she asked the leader “Shall we be the spies?”. Jihyun seemed to get Gayoon. She turned to ask L, who was leaning his back towards the big old tree to avoid the hard sunlight shining directly to them.

 

-          Will we be punished if we can’t find all the members of rival group on time?

 

-          I think there will  - L replied quickly – They allow us time so…

 

-          Ok – Jihyun snapped her fingers – We’ll exchange information. I will tell you where the others are and you tell me where you teammates are. Deal?

 

L bit his lower lip and starte thinking. It was just a fame so maybe he didn’t need to be serious with the result. And he had been already tired of running around to play this hide and seek game. Therefore, he stood up straightly:

 

-          Okay. Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung were near the shared well. They won the rock scissors paper game so they don’t have to go far. Dongwoo hyung and Sunggyu hyung are somewhere around the paddle field and we’re on the way to see Sungjong and Sungyeol.

 

Jihyun and Gayoon shared a glance at each other and both of them smiled.

 

-          I think – Gayoon said with a smirk – we should go to catch those swag and y guys first. The hyungs will surely catch some girls at the paddle field sooner or later.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, on the paddle field…

 

-          Unnie, you can’t do like that!

 

Hyuna sat crossed-legged on the edge of the paddle field and winced at Jiyoon as she was about to cut the wheat on the field. Jiyoon stood straight up and looked at Hyuna, asked:

 

-          So what am I supposed to do?

 

-          Let me show you!

 

Saying so, Hyuna picked her sickle and walked towards Jiyoon’s place. She bended down, grabbed a bunch of wheat plant at their root then gently cut the upper part out from the roots. Showing the wheat to Jiyoon and Sohyun, who were looking carefully at her action, Hyuna said:

 

-          You see? I didn’t drop a single seed like you!

 

-          Woa …

 

Both Jiyoon and Sohyun showed admiration apparently on their faces. The maknae also added:

 

-          You’re so good unnie ah.

 

-          That’s for sure – Hyuna shrugged – I didn’t take part in Invincible Youth for nothing.

 

-          So since you are that expertise – Jiyoon giggled – shouldn’t you do the rest for us? Then we might have more time to look for our rivals.

 

-          Ya unnie ah – Hyuna shouted with a pouted face – I have just been discharged from hospital for one day! How could I do that for both of you? You are soooo – She stressed on the word – lazy!

 

Hyuna’s reaction made Jiyoon and Sohyun find it even more hilarious as they burst out laughing in the middle of the paddlefield. The blond hair girl, still pouted, walked back to her seat and rolled her eyes to look around.

 

But even though she had her eyes around the big old trees or the narrow village street, she didn’t notice that there were two guys coming near them.

 

-          Dongwoo ah – Sunggyu said while the carriage rode them to the next destination – Next time, let me do rock paper scissors. You know it yourself that you always at it.

 

But Dongwoo didn’t reply to Sunggyu as his eyes were like gluing to some girls on the paddle field. Dongwoo’s silence drew Sunggyu’s attention. He shook his younger brother’s arm and asked with curiosity:

 

-          Why are you so silent?

 

-          Shhh hyung – Dongwoo shushed. His eyes were still on those persons – Don’t you find those girls a bit different? See their blond hairs?

 

Following Dongwoo’s direction, Sunggyu took a look and in a second, his heart fluttered as one of the girls looked like Jiyoon. Was that Jiyoon? Truly her? He asked himself. Wasn’t there any possibility that 4Minute came? He continued asking while the carriage continued going. And when it passed the position where both of them could see clearly the most, Sunggyu heard Dongwoo’s little scream:

 

-          That’s Sohyun. I saw her face! Stop! Stop ahjussi!

 

Dongwoo hurriedly ordered the driver as he, all of the sudden, jumped out of the carriage and ran down to the paddle field at once. It made Sunggyu a bit startle as he didn’t expect Dongwoo to be that excited. But then, he also climbed down and followed his teammate.

 

The more Sunggyu approached, the more he found he was right. There, there stood the girl, even though in her farming clothes, shining in his eyes. The girl named Jeon Jiyoon. She was there. He could see clearly then that 4Minute came. Suddenly, Sunggyu paused. He couldn’t imagine they met again at their first date’s venue. But then Sunggyu’s heart began to thump harder as he accelerated to ran faster.

 

The girls were having fun harvesting wheat when there was a scream:

 

-          4Minute! Ya ~ It’s 4Minute.

 

Jiyoon, Hyuna and Sohyun stopped chatting and looked at the side where that scream came from. And they saw two guys running towards them. Their eyes widened as those guys came nearer.

 

Sohyun was the first one to raise her voice, in excitement, of course:

 

-          Oh my god. It’s Dongwoo oppa!

 

And she, just like a natural reaction, jumped around like a baby while smiled happily and squealed:

 

-          It’s Dongwoo oppa! Dongwoo oppa! Unnie, it’s Infinite. I can’t believe.

 

Hyuna saw Dongwoo and Sunggyu running to them. She craned her neck to look for another one. But she only saw two Infinite members, which made her pout a bit.

 

In contrast to Sohyun and Hyuna, Jiyoon just stood there, didn’t say anything with her poker face. Yeah, she just couldn’t believe he was there. Sunggyu. When being told that there was a boygroup competing against 4Minute, she did once think of Infinite but she didn’t think that Sunggyu would come since he was kinda busy with other variety shows. But no, he was there.

 

Jiyoon couldn’t be wrong as both Dongwoo and Sunggyu then stood in front of them, with their smiles on the faces.

 

Because Hyuna was disappointed, Jiyoon was frozen, Sunggyu was too shy to say anything, there was only Dongwoo and Sohyun who appeared to be absolutely excited at each other’s appearance on the show. The two didn’t care they were filming, started to talk merrily:

 

-          I wasn’t wrong – Dongwoo said – I saw you guys from afar.

 

-          Oh my god – Sohyun replied, scratched her forehead and adjusted her hat – It’s truly you. I thought it might be Shinee sunbaenim but it’s you. That's just awesome!

 

-          But there are only two of you coming, huh?

 

Hyuna had finally found her tongue and she interrupted the conversation with a hope that Dongwoo would say no. And of course, Dongwoo couldn’t do nothing but nod and add:

 

-          All of us are here. We are divided into three teams. You guys will have a hard time challenging us!

 

Hyuna didn’t care the latter words Dongwoo said. As soon as she heard “All of us are here”, she felt herself blush a bit and her heart started to beat faster while she could feel butterflies in her stomach. He was also coming. That chocolate guy.

 

-          Are you done with your task?

 

It seemed that Dongwoo just couldn’t stop himself from talking with Sohyun. And 4Minute’s maknae was the same as she replied:

 

-          We have just started.

 

-          Okay – He suggested – We will give you a hand.

 

===================================================================

Okay, sorry if this chapter is a bit long and slow but I think I can't miss a single thing about their finding each other so I decided to make it this long. And also, to give you guys a bit curiosity about L's true feeling :p

Do you think that he has feelings for Hyuna? Or a certain long-wavy-haired girl?