The Missing Moon

Moon And Maknae

 

A/N: The timeline may not be accurate so please understand. Again please remember that this is a fanfiction. And since I posted something before this about Luna I won't have a Tuna Corner here. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Park Sunyoung or the other Kpop idols in this story. If I did, then I’m a millionaire.

 

Chapter 3: The Missing Moon

Taemin knew it was already late and expected his hyungs to be all sleeping when he gets home but when he opened the door he had not expected everyone to be up and looking so serious, like they were all waiting for him except their dear leader.

So what did he do now?

This is not the first he was out late so it’s not going to be because of that, they all knew he was going out since he left with –

Wait! That’s it, Luna!

Jonghyun stood up not waiting for the others to talk. “Taemin did you send Luna home?”

Taemin quickly got his phone out, it was turned off because his battery is empty, great.

“Uhm yes. That’s why I was out, right?”

“But why did Victoria noona call us asking about Luna?” Key asked turning an accusing look on Taemin.

Taemin’s first reaction was to check his watch. It’s almost 12 so that’s means Luna’s been missing for more than an hour now. He forgot to check his phone, he remember telling her to call once she’s home.

Taemin bolted to his room to change his phone battery and all four followed him shouting why he’s leaving without explaining.

“Yah Lee Taemin!” Key shouted just as he had successfully grabbed the battery. “Where did you leave Luna?”

“I drove her a block away from their dorm hyung, she was perfectly fine!” He reasoned but he knew that would not be enough for them. Where could Luna be? And why did she not go home straight as he had told her?

“You did what?” Jonghyun glared at him and he was afraid his hyung’s eyes might pop out. “Lee Taemin did you know how dangerous it is for her to be out so late alone? You just abandoned your wife in the middle of nowhere!”

Now his hyungs are exaggerating like always. “Hyung I didn’t abandon her and it was not exactly in the middle of nowhere.” Luna knows the place better than him since they were living in the area.

Minho intervened at this time being the calm one in most crazy situations. “Taemin why didn’t you just drop Luna off in front of their building?”

“I wanted to go drive around the city,” Taemin decided to tell them.

“And you couldn’t just wait so you decided to leave Luna,” Key said somehow Key was the most upset about this.

“Could we just stop talking for a while because I need to check my phone,” Taemin said turning his phone on. A few seconds of silence fell over them though Jonghyun looked like he had more to say. Jonghyun was very protective towards his female friends and he’s known Luna for years, he knows just how friendly Luna is towards other people even to complete strangers. He just couldn’t imagine Luna being crowded by fans outside with no one to help her. And of course there are creeps everywhere.

Taemin looked at them. “She’s home.”

“Bwoh? How did you know?” Key asked snatching his phone from him.

“Yah hyung!”

“Yah you mean Taemin, I finally got back home. Remind me not to let you drive me again,” Key read the message Luna sent to Taemin.

The door opened and Onew came in with still sleepy eyes. “Hey what’s going on?”

“Taemin just lost Luna,” Minho answered.

Onew laughed at this. “I got a message from Victoria noona, she said Luna’s home.” The look on s’ face made Onew feel like he said something important but at the wrong time. “Did I miss anything?”

“Hyung when did Victoria noona sent the message?” Minho asked.

“Well like an hour ago or something, I was asleep.” Onew explained.

“See!” Taemin exclaimed at everyone. Key gave back his phone and was out of the room before Onew could ask anything.

“So this is about Sunyoung?” Onew asked once the other three were out leaving him and Taemin.

“Yeah, they were worrying about her thinking she’s not home yet,” Taemin said.

“So Luna was missing in action for an hour or so?”

“I don’t know but she was supposed to go home after I dropped her off a block away from their dorm. Did Victoria noona say why she didn’t go home straight?”

“Well it turned out she went to a convenience store and met someone there,” Onew said and was about to leave the matter when Taemin grabbed his shoulders preventing him from going out of the room.

“Uhm who did she meet?” Taemin asked a bit hesitant about asking Onew about this.

“She met Kevin of U-kiss.” Onew answered not able to suppress yawn. “I’m going back to sleep now. You better sleep too, we have a practice tomorrow.”

Just how close Luna and Kevin are?

_

 

The whole MVP fandom were shaken, they were shocked not to mention a little bit jealous that their shining dubu leader was seen with Jungah of After School. Everyone had something to say about the news when it broke out. Some said it’s the end of the fandom others say they’re just friends who went out and probably had dinner or something, some say they can’t be a couple because they don’t match, a few said they look good together and would support leader-shi if they’re an item.

And then there’s this cute fandom named LuNew, who has a lot of loyal fans and was one of the pairings that got a lot of attention making the fandom grow in such a short span of time. The news about Onew and Jungah devastated them, it broke their hearts because it’s supposed to be Luna and Onew forever. After all Luna and Onew were often times seen fooling around whenever they’re together, and it’s quite obvious the two are very much close to each other.

But the truth is Luna only sees Onew as older brother, and he sees her as a sister. But this did not stop the rumors that maybe there is just a little something beneath their friendship. Their sunbae Super Junior even teased Luna for a while about Onew but the girl just laughed it off saying they’re just friends. Even her own group asked her about Onew, especially Victoria since she’s the oldest she feels like she needs to protect the girls from guys even if it was Onew. But Luna denied having feelings for Onew. He’s just a friend. Someone she can easily joke around and sometimes play silly games with, and of course it helps that Onew can make her laugh and he never says no whenever Luna asks him to sing a song, sometimes she asks him to sing to make her feel better, and oftentimes just to hear his awesome charismatic singing. But her feelings for Onew never developed into something more.

She was one of the first persons who called him when the photos were scattered all over the internet. She knew that Onew and Jungah are friends though she’s not quite sure if they’re relationship grew to be more than that. Onew said he’s fine though the management decided that he can’t go see Jungah for a while or any other girlfriends. Luna laughed and asked if she’s an exemption to which Onew replied that she’s not really a girl in his eyes which ended them both laughing.

“Look at him,” Taemin said as they watch Onew laughing obviously enjoying the moment or whatever it is the other person is saying over the phone. “Who do you think it is? Jungah noona?” Onew continued talking to Luna unaware that the maknae and Yoogeun's look-alike Minho are watching him.

“Nah it’s Sunyoung,” Key passed by them as he had just finished taking a shower.

“Luna? How did you know?” Minho asked.

“They’d been talking for almost an hour now, Luna called her. You know how they talk about everything senseless right?”

It’s the same when Onew caught everyone’s attention by doing the dirty finger on a radio show. Netizens nowadays are better than investigators. They can easily see any tiny things idols do or say and make it to something dramatic. After a short meeting and an agreement SM released a statement apologizing and saying Onew will reflect on his actions. Luna accompanied by Amber visited their dorm and cheered up their leader by bringing some of his favorite food.

Shinee went on with their promotions and everything was fine again then came Key’s statement which again caught Shawols attention. He somehow hinted that he likes someone.. Since it did not blow up into something bigger SM did not pay much attention to it and somehow Shawols just went on with their fangirling life. Of course Luna knows who Key likes but the latter won’t ever admit it.

Next thing you know Netizens were alarmed when news of Jonghyun in a car accident greeted them. Shinee's main vocals was driving back to their dorm when the accident happened. They said he was not seriously injured and fans need not worry, but of course whatever you say fans will worry until they see their idol whole and fine. Unfortunately this resulted to Jonghyun not being able to join them in their promotions and he was not even in their video. Blingers were definitely disappointed but supported the other four nonetheless.

Some think Shinee might be under the three year curse.

Minho opened the door to reveal Luna and Krystal.

“Hi oppa,” Luna said as she made her way in going directly to the kitchen to put the food and flowers they brought for Jonghyun. They could not visit him in the hospital so when they learned that he’s been discharged they decided to visit him in their dorm instead.

“Where’s Jonghyun oppa?” Krystal asked Minho.

“Oh he just left,” Minho answered following Luna to the kitchen.

“Left? To where?” Krystal asked obviously upset that Jonghyun is not around.

“Do you expect him to stay here when all of us are busy with our promotions?” Minho asked back. “He’s staying with his parents for a while. He left not more than ten minutes ago.”

“Oh,” Luna muttered. “Too bad then.”

“Did you call him before deciding to visit?”

“We did but we didn’t tell him we’re going here.” Luna explained. “Oppa do you want some of these?” She picked up some fruits, Minho nodded. “I’ll peel some so why don’t the two of you go to the living room and wait?”

Minho was about to say they can wait in the kitchen when Krystal left signaling him to follow her.

“What’s up?” Minho asked when they were alone.

“Where are the others?” Krystal asked looking around. “Is Taemin oppa here?”

“No he and Key left to buy something to eat,” Minho said feeling like Krystal is about to ask him something. “Well…?”

“It’s just that, I heard about this from our manager.” Krystal began in a whisper and Minho had to move closer to her so he could hear. “I heard that one of you will be joining We Got Married.”

Minho was surprised that Krystal knew of this information. Only Onew and him knew and the others are not yet aware of it.  “Are you sure you heard it from your manager?”

“Of course,” Krystal quickly replied. “So is it true then?”

Minho looked at her for a moment before nodding his head. “Yes, it’s true.”

Krystal’s eyes became larger. “Omo, then who is it going to be?”

“I don’t know,” Minho. “I’m just sure it’s not going to be me.”

“And why is that?” Krystal asked but Luna arrived at that moment so Minho opted not to answer.

“Wow!” Minho said when he saw the fresh fruits that were now peeled and cut into small pieces.

“Unnie these are for Jonghyun oppa,” Krystal said.

“But oppa is not here,” Luna answered as she helped herself to an apple. “Hmmm, it’s sweet. Try it Soojung.” But Krystal shook her head.

Minho was waiting for Luna to ask her about WGM but it seems like she’s not aware of it or chose to ignore the situation. Maybe Krsytal did not tell Luna yet before she confirms it.

The doorbell rings and Luna jumped off her seat to open it. “Oppa!” Luna squealed.

“Onew hyung,” Minho muttered.

“Onew oppa,” Krystal said at the same time. Luna usually acts cute to everyone but she does more of it when Onew is around. And still she wonders if Luna does not really like Onew even after denying it countless of times.

“Sunyoung, you’re here.” Onew said.

“Uhm you two move aside if you’re going to do a staring contest because these bags are just heavy,” Taemin was actually behind Onew and behind him is Key.

“Oh sorry Taemin,” both Onew and Luna said.

“Krystal you’re here too.” Onew noticed the other girl who greeted him in return.

“You went shopping?”

“For food,” Key answered Krystal. “Uhm not to be rude but why are you two here?”

“We wanted to visit Jonghyun oppa but he already left,” Luna answered. “Let me help you with that oppa.” She got the bags Key was carrying and went to the kitchen.

“Can you believe she carried that too easily?” Key was amazed at Luna’s strength.

“Oh that’s nothing compared to the weights she carries when she works out,” Krystal said.

Luna found Taemin drinking some iced water. “Yah why did you help hyung and not me?”

“You seem perfectly fine plus Key oppa is older than you,” Luna reasoned.

“But mine’s heavier and I’m your husband.” Taemin reminded her to which he regretted quickly.

Luna just shrugged and left him. Maybe she’s getting back at him for leaving her instead of dropping her off in front of their building. He never got to ask her what happened to her after he left and somehow he just forgot about it.

When Taemin got back from the kitchen everyone is eating fruits and Luna was peeling another pear as requested by Key.

“I’ve got news for you,” Onew decided to tell s although he knew that Minho already knows.

“Uhm hyung I don’t think you should say it now,” Minho whispered to Onew.

“It’s okay, she has to know anyways. Well she’ll know eventually.”

“Uhm what are you two mumbling about?” Key asked having changed his clothes.

“Well it’s been decided that one of us will be joining WGM.” Onew announced to everyone.

“Bwoh?” Key almost screamed if not for the fruit that Minho immediately pushed into his mouth. “Yah!”

“We don’t know yet who it’s going to be,” Minho said.

“Why is that?” Krystal asked.

“Because we weren’t told yet,” Minho answered.

“Actually I was supposed to be the one,” Onew revealed.

“Wait, you were supposed to?” Key asked forgetting what Minho did earlier and only focused on the matter at hand. “Meaning you’re out?”

“Yeah,” Onew said looking relieved though.

“Why is that?” Luna asked no one answered her for a while.

“Because of Jungah,” Onew briefly explained and everyone nodded in agreement. “But it’s okay though, I never fancied WGM.”

“Wait we’re talking about the WGM here right? As in We Got Married?” Key said.

“Of course Kibum,” Minho said. “And I know for a fact that it’s not going to be me too.”

“And why are you so sure oppa?” Luna asked.

“I’ve already got something so I can’t join WGM. And I just did ‘To The Beautiful You’ with Sulli,” Minho explained.

“So that leaves, Jonghyun hyung, Taemin and me.” Key counted up to three fingers. “Omo it couldn’t be!”

“What are you thinking oppa?”Krystal asked the panicked Kibum.

“Jonghyun hyung just had an accident and is still recovering, and I don’t think he’ll be chosen even without the accident. The public knew about his relationship with Sekyung.”

“So that leaves you and Taemin,” Luna voiced out Key’s thoughts.

“Who would it be then?” Krystal asked just as Taemin’s phone rang. And all eyes turned to him.

 

_______________

 

Of course it’s Taemin, we all know that by now. Forgive me dear readers I don’t think I did good in this chapter, and it seems like this story is losing the light but I won't abandon it ... so let me know.

This song is stuck in my head and is currently on forever replay mode since two days ago "Just Give Me A Reason" by Pink

And I know some of you here are readers of my other fic My Unwilling Fiance, I can't update that fic yet even though it's about to end I'm doing a little something for my precious subscribers... it's nothing grand but hope they like it ^^