Taemin's Chance

Moon And Maknae

Now I wrote this just a few seconds ago.. hope you enjoy this chapter..

Chapter 18: Taemin's Chance

 

Luna waited for Taemin outside of his car, he just had to get the trash out and he’d drive her home. She hasn’t called Kai again, she’d call him once she gets to their dorm just as she promised. Bap is already inside the car while she wait for Taemin.

“Why are you standing outside, it’s cold, get inside the car.” Taemin said when he saw Luna looking nervous. “Are you okay?” he asked when they got inside the car.

“Yeah I just don’t know what to tell Kai.” He definitely heard Taemin earlier but she cut him off when he started to ask telling him that she’d call him back. “He heard you earlier.”

“Just tell him that we were having some tea at the cafeteria,” Taemin said. “Tell him you broke the cup because you’re clumsy,” he added not necessarily.

She nodded her head but she actually wanted to ask Taemin if she could just tell Kai about them. She doesn’t like keeping secrets from him and not telling him about them would create lies in the future and she’s about to create one later when she calls him and he asks about what happened earlier. She didn’t want to be selfish though, she knows Taemin has his reasons for not wanting to tell Kai. He already gave her freedom to date him and she might be asking for too much.

Her phone rang startling her it was Kai calling. She looked at Taemin before she answered it. He asked if she’s home because he’s waiting outside their dorm. Luna told him she’ll be there in a few minutes and said goodbye. She asked Taemin to just drop her off near the building and he nodded his head not saying anything. When they got there Luna got out of the car saying goodbye to Taemin in a hurry. It was too late when Taemin realized that Luna forgot Bap who was sleeping in his cage.

“You’re umma left us again,” he said to the sleeping dog. He didn’t know why but he felt like following Luna. He parked just near f(x) dorm and got out of the car. He was careful not to get noticed by the two people talking to each other. Kai had a cap on so he can’t really see his face while Luna had her back on Taemin.

He wondered what they were talking about when Kai reached for her hand and pulled her close to him. It felt hard to swallow but he continued to watch the couple. He saw him her hair and hugged her tighter both arms encircling her form. It was a good thing no one was there to witness this aside from him. They let go after what felt like a year for Taemin he didn’t know he’d been holding his breath until he had the need for air.

He saw Luna kissed Kai on the cheek before they said goodbye. He stood there for moment even after both of them were gone.

_

Kai knew the moment he saw Luna running to him that whatever she’d tell him, truth or lie, he’d believe her. She doesn’t even have to say anything or explain, the fact that she’s coming to him is enough. He sensed her discomfort when he looked into her eyes. She was babbling, saying things that don’t really mean anything to him but what bothered him is she can’t meet her eyes. So while Luna continued to talk which she tends to do whenever she’s nervous he took her hand and pulled her close to him hugging her tight and inhaling that familiar scent of mint and honey.

“Didn’t I tell you I’d take everything just to be with you again?” he whispered just enough for her to hear. “You don’t have to tell me everything Sunyoung. You don’t even have to tell me anything that you don’t want me to know. All I need at the end of the day is to still be with you.” He felt her relax in his arms.

Luna felt her eyes start to water but she held the tears. She was worried he’d get upset or he’d see through the lie she was starting to tell but she felt guilty because she was glad that he stopped her. Her heartbeat no longer beating fast, instead it calmed. Kai makes her comfortable and she’s glad he came tonight.

“I’m sorry Jongin,” she mumbled as Jongin her back.

“Shh… you don’t have to say sorry Sunyoung. We’ve been apart but I know you’re still the same Sunyoung I met before. I know you mean no harm and whatever happened tonight wouldn’t change a thing. Whoever you’re with or why, I don’t care. I know that you have reasons but you don’t have to tell them now or ever. You’d always come back to me right?” he felt her nodding her head and he smiled.

_

Luna spent lying awake in her bed. She was thinking of the day’s event with Taemin and Kai.

Best friends they might be but they have different personalities. Taemin is playful and even when working he’d play tricks on anyone and he’d easily get bored. Kai is too focused, he wants everything perfect, every move, every turn, even the way his hands are positioned at the end of the dance. She’d practiced with both guys to know just how they are in the dance floor. Both of them are great dancers no one could deny that. But Taemin dances with his own mood, he makes the music his own and gives it life with his own emotions. Kai on the other hand gives the music justice by dancing to its feel. Expressing every emotion through his dancing skills that the song would be interpreted the way it was made. Both are the maknaes of their groups but with different feels. Taemin was adored and was spoilt all throughout even before they debuted. While Kai had to put up with all his hyungs and the other maknaes Exo has.

Taemin is her husband but Kai is her boyfriend.

She felt guilty for not telling Kai but was thankful at the same time for what he said. She didn’t have to lie to him. She wanted to tell him but didn’t want to break the promise she had with Taemin. Just one year and everything would be back to normal. They’d get a divorce and she’d be free to date Kai, she’d even brave to tell their manager and her parents about it. But not now, it’s too complicated.

But Luna can’t sleep, she kept on thinking on what’s wrong with her because she can’t erase the sensation of the way his skin feels next to her. She’s not supposed to feel that way. She can’t feel that way. It felt really weird and she might only be thinking too much of it. She closed her eyes again and counted up to 20 and continued for another 3 minutes doing this until sleep claimed her.

_

The music was playing filling the whole training room with good melody. Only two people were there, dancing and enjoying the moment that they’re together. They’d been doing it for a couple of days, instead of going out and risk being seen by paparazzi or fans they opted to remain inside SM and just enjoy each other’s company through dancing. No one would suspect, they were just two SM idols training.

“Wow that was great!” Luna clapped her hands as Kai finished dancing.

Kai bowed towards Luna and took the towel she offered. “Not as great as I would have wanted, I still need to perfect the moves some more.” Luna looked at him with awe, in her opinion the dance he choreographed is already perfect but Kai still wants more. “What?” Kai asked seeing Luna’s face.

“You work too hard Jongin,” she smiled. “And someday you’d be given credit for all the hard work not only as a member of Exo but Kim Jongin alone.”

“You give me too much credit Sunyoung, and no one works harder than you.” He said knowing just how much Luna trains. She took his bottle and handed it to him she finds joy in doing small things for Jongin.

“Thanks,” he said and finished the drink. “Lunch?” And they started talking about what food they’ll be having for today. He looks forward to everyday that he could meet her, having her beside him or just knowing that she’s there to support him makes his heart swell with happiness. He couldn’t ask for more.

They were tidying the training room when someone came in. A serious looking Taemin is at the door Jongin waved and smiled at him.

“What’s up?” he asked while he grabbed his bag Luna behind him.

Taemin greeted them both and directed his eyes at the girl beside Jongin.

“You need to go up SM’s office,” when he said SM they all know he’s referring to Lee Soo Man.

Luna was surprised at this and she unconsciously gripped Kai’s arm. “Right now?” she asked and Taemin nodded. Just then Kai’s phone rang.

“You go ahead, I’ll wait for you at lounge,” he told Luna and then said goodbye to Taemin.

Luna followed Taemin outside leading the way to SM’s office. She felt nervous all of a sudden.

“SM’s not there,” he said as they got into the elevator. “It’s only your manager.”

“Why though?” she asked but she somehow has an idea. “Is it about us?”

Taemin didn’t look at her but answered. “It’s about you and Jongin.”

_

Both of them stopped just before the door of SM’s office. Taemin closed his hand on the knob he turned to Luna who was getting more nervous by the second. “Sunyoung,” he called her and she looked up with trusting eyes. “Don’t worry, whatever they say I’ll take care of it okay?” he tried to assure her but the look on her face didn’t change even though she nodded her head.

Luna greeted their manager and sat opposite him while Taemin sat beside her.

“Sunyoung, I just want to clarify things before this gets out of hand,” their manager started. He had a brown envelope and took some photos out. Pictures of her and Kai taken without their knowledge.

“Exo’s manager handed this to me,” he continued. “Do you want to say something?”

Luna took the pictures from her manager and looked at them one by one. They were taken just a few days ago, they got a bit confident and took a stroll one afternoon and even watched movies after.

“I was there,” Taemin said when Luna didn’t say anything. She turned me him with wide eyes but he ignored her. He knew Luna can’t and won’t lie and that is one of her weakness but at the same time her strength. “I met them at the cinema. It was actually just me and Luna but just in case something like this happens Jongin came along. He’s my best friend after all and Sunyoung his friend too.”

The manager looked like he doesn’t believe their story but nodded his head for Taemin to see but he was still waiting for Luna to explain.

“Kai and I…” Luna began but Taemin took the pictures from her stopping her from talking.

“If you have other pictures I could tell you where they were exactly and what time.” Taemin said. “I know everything that Luna does. She tells me everything, Kai is also a friend of hers. Hyung are you forgetting that Sunyoung’s married to me? And that Jongin is my best friend?”

The manager looked uncomfortable. “Well… it’s just that they looked like they’re out on a date.”

“Just because the two of them are out in the sidewalk doesn’t mean that they’re already dating.” Taemin put the pictures back.

“Why are you no longer in Shinee’s dorm?” the manager asked Luna, she was about to answer but Taemin interrupts again.

“She misses her group, and we’re too busy that she’s always alone in our apartment. She even brought Bap with her but of course she needs people for company too right? But now that Shinee’s no longer that busy I think Sunyoung would be spending time with us.” Taemin knows that f(x)’s manager mean no harm that he’s only trying to protect the girls and that’s the reason he’s being difficult now.

“Sunyoung, I know these changes are difficult for you just don’t forget that SM wants what’s best for you and f(x).” The manager decided to drop the questions because Taemin won’t let him question Luna anymore. “Jongin is still starting, and we can’t let something like this affect their progress or yours. Victoria already stirred Cassiopeia’s interest by that picture she posted showing Changmin’s reflection. Krystal joined instagram and when G-dragron followed her the netizens started rumors about them. And don’t even forget about Sulli and Choiza. There has been rumors about you and other Exo members Suho and Chen but SM knows that there was no basis and none of that had been true but this. There are pictures, and if someone noticed both of you I’m sure the fans would soon do.”

Luna fully understands what her manager is trying to tell her. Stop seeing Kai, simple as that. And Kai might be in trouble too of course she doesn’t want that. Exo is gaining more popularity and that means more fans, more girls following them and some extreme fans wanting them to stay single forever.

She just nodded her head not really knowing how to respond. Then she remembered Kai telling her that no matter what as long as she never lets go of his hand he’ll forever hold hers. “Oppa...” she started. Taemin was alarmed by the sound of her voice and he put his hand on her shoulder silently telling her to not speak anymore.

“Yes?” their manager asked eager to hear what Luna wants to say.

Luna felt the weight of Taemin’s hand on her shoulder and Kai’s face appeared in front of her. The words forgotten now. “I’m sorry for causing trouble.” She finally said feeling Taemin removing his hand.

Her manager looks at her considerately and nodded his head. “You’re the last person in f(x) I expect to cause trouble Sunyoung.” The discussion ended there but Taemin urged her to go out first.

“Wait for me at the parking lot,” he said before letting her out of the room.

_

When Luna was out Taemin closed the door and turned to face f(x)’s manager.

“Hyung,” he started but Manager Jaewon cut him off.

“I know Taemin, don’t try to protect Sunyoung she’ll only get in more trouble later.” Trouble with the fans, trouble with the media, and trouble with the company he doesn’t really need to tell him. “You might be surprised but I know about her history with Kai.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was the one who told Kai not to see Luna anymore a few years ago when they were just trainees,” he said. “Of course it was not my decision. But it has to be stopped before f(x) debuts. Shinee was already up and active around that time so you weren’t really around to see that. But I think you already know about this.”

Taemin nodded his head. “She told me about it.”

“Are you okay with it?” He asked but didn’t wait for Taemin to reply. “I know you’re married for the wrong reason and both of you were against it but the marriage was done with your parents’ consent. How do you think they’d feel if the find out about this?”

“They won’t,” he said. “Hyung, I know this might not seem right but she’s happy with him. The paper we both signed says she’s my wife but she really isn’t. Everything’s a lie, and what they have is real.”

“But still dating Kai in secret is not right. The company won’t allow it. And just think of the chaos if the fans find out.”

“She loves him.”

“Are you sure?”

Now Taemin doesn’t know where that came from.

“Sunyoung, you’ve known her years right? I’ve been with the girls and I can say I’m like their big brother. If I could describe her in one word you know what that is?” Taemin thought of what Key said and he was right. “She’s very loyal. Yes she might have liked Jongin before and since he was like her first love if I might call it that then she’s remained loyal to that feeling. But I don’t think she’s in love with him well not yet.”

“I’m not really getting you.”

Manager Jaewon smiled amused at Taemin’s interest. “With the other four girls, Victoria, Soojung, Jinri and Amber you’d have to take caution because you might not know their current mood but with Sunyoung I can assure you that even when she’s sad, happy or even at times mad she’s never going to let it show. She’ll listen to you, she’ll make you feel like you’re the most important person in the world she’ll give you all the care even when she’s not even feeling well.”

“I really can’t understand what you’re saying.”

“Sunyoung might be feeling just sympathy for Kai for now because of what happened before and she regrets not having to stay in contact with him. She’s not really in love, but I’m not saying she can’t fall for him. But for now what I see is that Sunyoung is only comfortable having him around.”

“And why are you telling me this.”

“Because I know you like her too.”

“What?”

“Admit it Taemin, before it’s too late. Because you might miss the chance of getting what you want. I think you have a pretty good chance.”

“Pretty good?”

“I rarely hear Luna complain, even when she’s really wanting to she would hold it in but when it comes to you she could go on and on and on. She’d complain almost about anything about you.”

Taemin almost laughed at this. “And that’s why you’re saying that I have a chance? Hyung that’s not really what I expect.”

“That’s the point. It’s not what everyone would expect because she never complains or just never voices out her troubles. You’d be surprised at how much she talks about you even before you got married.” Now this got his attention. “You can ask the others if you don’t believe me.”

“It’s just weird that you think she likes me because she complains about me.”

“Don’t let her go Taemin. If you gave her permission to date Kai then make a reason for her to come back to you. Give it a try, you too deserve a second chance with her.”

 

___________________

 

What do you think? Should Taemin take his chance? And is Luna not really in love with Kai?

Urghhh... even I'm confuse with what I've written here...

Hope you tell me what you think of this chapter.. I'm dying to read your comments..

Thanks for leaving comments on the previous chapter!

Biologykim MaeMaeEramae sincesince whitepaper Oebmoon shiny_luna and sunyoung93 

Who's for TUNA here?